Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2006-03-29, 12:02   Link #61
DarkWarrior
Anaheim Electronics

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNT1
so are we saying that AK= grunt in terms of armor? O_o i am not so inclined to believe that...
This is pure speculation on my part. You're free to disagree with me or make your own arguments. But from what I've seen, Impulse using CIWS easily ripped apart a Windam in a couple of seconds. Now, Akatsuki, a 2 year old design I believe, shouldn't have armor significantly stronger than an average Windam. I just don't see CIWS fire bouncing harmlessly of Akatsuki like it had Phase Shift. I just don't. There's bound to be some kind of damage.

Quote:
impulse blew up windams and daggers. why? shinn was the star of the show (at that point), therefore, everything must suck next to him, all the mobs, and even athrun, because the plot said so
What, so you're saying that Impulse blowing up a Windam with CIWS was the result of a plot device that made Shinn strong and everything else suck? No, I don't buy that.
DarkWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-29, 19:07   Link #62
tetsuo69

Quote:
so are we saying that AK= grunt in terms of armor? O_o i am not so inclined to believe that...

impulse blew up windams and daggers. why? shinn was the star of the show (at that point), therefore, everything must suck next to him, all the mobs, and even athrun, because the plot said so
well akatsuki is 2 years old MS after all didnt you see how neo windam took Freedom shield with that small kunai.. and Windams are Grunts or am i wrong? and lets not forget how easy Strike both arms and shield were taken out with just one shot from the gunner zaku who is a grunt also.. the 2 year old Gap should matter here on the Strike freedom vs Akatsuki
Old 2006-03-29, 19:27   Link #63
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tetsuo69
well akatsuki is 2 years old MS after all didnt you see how neo windam took Freedom shield with that small kunai.. and Windams are Grunts or am i wrong? and lets not forget how easy Strike both arms and shield were taken out with just one shot from the gunner zaku who is a grunt also.. the 2 year old Gap should matter here on the Strike freedom vs Akatsuki
Not really... Unless you are applying the same rule to the original Vanilla Freedom. Plain Freedom was taking names across all the newer suits without problems because it's a custom suit compared to the mass produced weapons. Akazuki is a custom suit too, so the gap isn't a problem.

For all intent and purposes, Akazuki is NOT older than other suits. After all, Dragoons were only first employed near the end of the first SEED war, which means Akazuki was still being modified and added to after that, and that's why we have a Dragoon Pack for it.
Old 2006-03-29, 21:29   Link #64
Sethi
StormRider

I don't think S-Freedom, I-Justice or any other extremely overpowered mobile suit are kings in GSD. I do think Kira is definitely the king in terms of skills and that simply shows in the suit is piloting, even with normal Freedom he owned every single thing, and with Strike he only got hit to protect the ship so it's not the suit but rather the pilot that's too good.
Has for the battle Akatsuki(Kira) Vs. S-Freedom(Kira) that's definitely a difficult one because both suits pretty much nullify each other strong point, S-Freedom has greater weaponry but since most is beam type it does no good, Akatsuki seems like a all-round MS but it doesn't has any real advantage besides the Mirror Coating. Basically the fight would be decided in close range because even if Akatsuki tried to maintain distance S-Freedom(Kira) can pretty much dodge anything and it's thrusters are also faster.
As for Akatsuki(Kira) Vs. I-Justice(Kira) or Destiny(Kira) i would really say I-Justice and Destiny would be able to win at Akatsuki, both of them are faster and with a greater array of weaponry that can destroy the mirror coating, Destiny has a bit less weaponry than I-Justice but the WoL more than compensates for it.
But all in all it would be the greatest battles in GSD history if they ever make a Kira clone and face him off against Kira, any matchup would be a duel of Titans with MS parts flying all over the place, instead of that in GSD we get complete ownages in which the only thrill is to see how much time will they be able to fight Kira and how is Kira going to finish the fight, Sh** we don't even have the suspence of seeing if Kira is going to kill them or let them live, ahhh so lame.
Sethi is offline   Reply With Quote