AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2015-09-09, 21:15   Link #6481
The American Average
2LMES

So Vingt's plan was revealed, awesome. Glad to hear that he appears to be a "villain" of FT. I always liked the guy. Hopefully he'll get his own custom Gundam/Tallgoose by the end of this.
Old 2015-09-10, 05:30   Link #6482
Knight_SV

Sandrock-notKai (with sandrock kai color but still not kai) finally made it's debut
Knight_SV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-10, 05:40   Link #6483
NakedJehuty

Hi, I'm new to the forum and I've joined because of this thread since that's out of the way. I get the feeling vingt will get his own MS, but maybe something useful like a MS with the gundam aquarius's Virus System wouldn't that be crazy. I've been trying to keep up with FT but I haven't found any news or scanlations and I'm mostly into it so for because of the art or lack there of. Lol also I am here for the glory of losers updates
NakedJehuty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-11, 18:02   Link #6484
Wingzeroangelofdeath

I'm gone the entire time due to work/irl/studies. Can someone please give me a short update on what has happend now with FT? Like where can I find the new chapters in english/glory of losers (if that's still a thing).

And I also found this:

http://gogoanime.tv/new-mobile-repor...drop-episode-1

TY!
Old 2015-09-13, 23:42   Link #6485
Rainforce
Banned

More info from latest FT chapter:
-Vingt plans to attack Earth after uniting Mars.
-Snow White has an stealth function and guards the presidential plane to Babel. Heero told Vingt that he knew this was just a decoy and that he's hidden in Vulkanus. After this Vingt cuts communication and Heero informs Wufei of his whereabouts.
-Iria went to Mars with Magnacs to prevent the Nonnenheim terraforming plan
-Sally Po joined the Alliance to get revenge on the Barton Foundation for killing her mother
-J gave the chance to Alpha and Beta to escape but they didn't
-Lyaoia is held hostage by the Alliance along the Bulge workers, Duo and his daughters vow to rescue while Zechs piloting a shuttle and Erv using Prometheus help them.
Rainforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-15, 22:59   Link #6486
The American Average
2LMES

Vingt sounds like he's going to be an awesome villain
Old 2015-09-20, 14:58   Link #6487
Eeni

I've been gone for a while... let me see if I got this right (please correct me if there's anything wrong):
  • MeiLan has a twin sister and both girls know Duo Maxwell because of their father.
  • Duo Maxwell was a good lil terrorist and blowing people up before he joined up with Prof. G.
  • Zechs, Noin, Quatre, and Erv have piloted "gundams" before gundams were even a thing.
  • So... Zechs has used the ZERO system before AC 190 and still has trouble (not to mention, is surprised by it's capabilities) with it during the series, even though he seems to have mastered it in AC 187.
  • We joked before, but it's true. Everyone and their pet dog knows everyone else! Zechs, Noin, and Erv know (of) Dr. J. Sally Po knows Iria Winner, whom both know of the Barton Foundation, who is engaged in building gundams in order to topple the Alliance, yet Iria knows that Instructor H is part of the Barton Foundation and doesn't seem to do anything to keep that man away from her beloved little brother.
  • It's a retcon now, Prof. G has created something more powerful then Deathsycthe before even starting on said gundam for the Bartons.
  • Heero Pilot has a clone, because, why the hell not? Everyone else has one. When will we find out that Relena also has a clone? Or better yet, a twin sister!
  • Traize & Leia get clones!
  • Sally Po has no problem cloning her mother.
  • People are going to and from Mars before AC 190 even though the transforming project was launched after the Second Eve Wars in AC 196.
  • Holo!Vingt is running around threatening to kill everyone on Mars still because he wants to unite the 2 worlds in order to achieve peace (00 anyone?).
  • We still don't know why Relena shot Heero in the MC era, other then dramatic effect.

*head bang on the keyboard*
Well, at the very least I've got a ton of material to work with here...

I don't think I've ever seen so much nonsense in so little space. -FalsePrime

Stone Age man attempted to draw movement on cave walls by drawing mammoths with multiple legs. The artists worked until their eyes went bad, they got no pay, no credit, and they were eventually eaten by wild animals. Animation was born! - Tom Sito

And as the Black Beast lurched forward, escape for Arthur and his knights seemed hopeless, when suddenly, the animator suffered a fatal heart attack! The cartoon peril was no more. The quest for the Holy Grail could continue. - Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Last edited by Eeni; 2015-09-20 at 16:20.
Eeni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-26, 12:24   Link #6488
Rainforce
Banned

-Relena has recovered her memories and is now in Relena Darlian Mode.
-MC0022 Heero is implied to be the Alpha clone since Relena ask who he is.
-Doppelt Zwerg was fired in AC 190 by Alpha Heero in the Proto Zero and was so strong it changed the moon's shape. It was aimed at a large Gundanium deposit so MS made from it can't be built to avoid war according to Alpha. Beginning of the 2nd Lunar War.

GOL:

This month's GOL: Epyon VS Zero(Zechs sees his future) and Duo/Wufei attacking Libra

Last edited by Rainforce; 2015-09-26 at 22:07.
Old 2015-09-27, 16:34   Link #6489
He00Ro

I don't get it - I think that's normal in FT condition - but who's the real Heero in the series? Alpha or Beta?
And who's the 'Heero' in MC? Is it Alpha?
He00Ro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-28, 11:02   Link #6490
Rainforce
Banned

-SAM speaks to Treize through the an e-mail, Treize wonders if the Heart of Space communicates through meows.
-Treize access Zero and sees the 2nd Lunar War
-Doktor S and H produced the MP MS Aquila for the Barton Foundation, Maganac's prototype, for the Bulge operation. 5 machines initially
-Doktor S doesn't Dekim's son to use the Prometheus
-Wufei will use the Tallgeese Zilong since Shenlong will take 3 year to complete. Philosophy on why humanoid MSes are better weapons for than war nukes.
-It seems Beta chose to die so Alpha could live, gonna need the full chapter for this part. Alpha fled with Proto Zero

Last edited by Rainforce; 2015-09-28 at 11:46.
Old 2015-09-28, 22:40   Link #6491
choupette

Thank you for the summary!

Wow... I'm lost... General feeling in this community because of Tearderp.

Is Beta the real kid? So... The Heero from the anime and the manga is just a clone?

That explains why he always says that his life is cheap.
choupette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-29, 20:50   Link #6492
The 48th Ronin

I really want to see this animated.
The 48th Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-29, 22:04   Link #6493
Galaxian

I would prefer a GOL anime as a Wing remake.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-29, 22:56   Link #6494
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Orange View Post
Instead of this “not-fanfic”, if Sunrise/Bandai ever want to revisit Wing, I’d rather they animate GoL first with today’s animation and richer visuals like G-Reco & 00. That way, we can actually have an animated background story that building up to what happened in Endless Waltz as it is clear now that EW is not the continuation of the TV series and took place in a different universe (Katoki-verse?).

After that, if they still have some money left and still interested in Wing, hire someone(s) good to write the continuation of EW. They can still incorporate things from FT that is good but, for god's sake, don't adapt the majority of FT story. It's fine as a not-fanfic LN, but the story needs to be overhauled for an animated adaptation.
Old 2015-09-29, 23:59   Link #6495
Chibiloli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Orange View Post
The success of a Gundam show involves model kit sales doesn't it? I saw the heavyarms expy in frozen teardrop one time and THAT doesn't look very marketable, what exactly do the other MS even look like in this series? I just remember the TV series MS from my youth and that was it, I never bothered with endless waltz, I'm having fun with my Wing and Wing Zero Variants but the EW MS never really caught my interest, I keep seeing a RG Wing Zero in the mall for the past year already and I'm pretty sure its the same one and there doesn't seem to be any takers, I regret not getting the Rinascita before when they had them there at the mall, but yeah, marketability of the MS should be one of the deciding factors, I see spin-offs of other series getting their own kits, Astray, 00 side stories, MSV, and heck even OVA's like Unicorn and Stardust memories, all I've seen from Wing are pretty much the same, despite different looks, they still do the same thing, least the original wing's had a transformation gimmick.
Old 2015-10-01, 16:38   Link #6496
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Instead of this “not-fanfic”, if Sunrise/Bandai ever want to revisit Wing, I’d rather they animate GoL first with today’s animation and richer visuals like G-Reco & 00. That way, we can actually have an animated background story that building up to what happened in Endless Waltz as it is clear now that EW is not the continuation of the TV series and took place in a different universe (Katoki-verse?).
Wat?? Explain this to me.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-01, 19:07   Link #6497
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
Wat?? Explain this to me.
It's obvious from the mecha designs alone. I mean, how do you accept Wing Zero TV version (designed by Okawara) suddenly turning into Wing Zero with angelic wings (designed by Katoki) in the same event during Eve Wars final battle of Libra that depicted by both the TV series (in the final episodes) and Endless Waltz (in a flashback early in the movie/OVA)? And this also applied to the other Gundams’ sudden change in appearance. Both TV & OVA portrayed the very same event at the same time (final battle to destroy Libra), so how come we have different Gundams with the same names?

There’s plenty more examples: in Endless Waltz during the flashbacks of Duo, Trowa, Quatre, and Wu Fei (that’s supposed to took place before the event of the TV version) there’s no TV version Gundams in sight, but in their place, we have Katoki’s Gundams in those flashbacks. How can you explain that massive mecha difference if TV & EW are supposed to happen in the same continuity? There’s only one logical explanation, Endless Waltz happened in a different universe/continuity from the TV version (just like SDF Macross TV & Macross DYRL movie) even though you can sorta connect the story. And now with the arrival of Glory of Losers manga with Katoki’s version of Gundams, it’s clear that this manga is the actual story that precede the Endless Waltz. Heck, the manga even explained how Wing Zero in EW movie/OVA got its angel wings which originally belonged to Tallgeese Flugel. There’s none of that in the TV series. So it's clear that EW & GoL is Sumizawa & Katoki's take on Gundam Wing's story & mecha designs. And the TV series pretty much ended with its final TV episode.

Last edited by Obelisk ze Tormentor; 2015-10-01 at 19:22.
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-01, 21:19   Link #6498
Halberd
ARX-6

And this alternate universe in which EW takes place isn't the GoL (and supposedly FT) universe either, going by the fact that the Gundams' design are the same throughout the series' events, up to EW.
Halberd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-01, 22:15   Link #6499
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halberd View Post
And this alternate universe in which EW takes place isn't the GoL (and supposedly FT) universe either, going by the fact that the Gundams' design are the same throughout the series' events, up to EW.
There may be some inconsistencies, but GoL is a lot more in line and fitting as EW's prequel than the TV series can ever be, just like the recent Gundam Origin OVA is to the original MS Gundam series.

Still, when it comes to Gundam designs, GoL can still make Altron, Deathscythe Hell and the other Gundams lose their "additional weapons" in battle, hence their "lacking" appearance seen in EW flashbacks of the Libra final battle. If they do, that'll make it more consistent with the EW OVA/movie. It also helps that EW OVA & GoL are written by the same person (Sumizawa) with more in-line designs by Katoki.
Old 2015-10-01, 23:16   Link #6500
Eeni

The understanding is that even though the gundams in EW aren't the same as in the series, they're supposed to be the same gundams, they were always supposed to be the Katoki designs.

I don't think I've ever seen so much nonsense in so little space. -FalsePrime

Stone Age man attempted to draw movement on cave walls by drawing mammoths with multiple legs. The artists worked until their eyes went bad, they got no pay, no credit, and they were eventually eaten by wild animals. Animation was born! - Tom Sito

And as the Black Beast lurched forward, escape for Arthur and his knights seemed hopeless, when suddenly, the animator suffered a fatal heart attack! The cartoon peril was no more. The quest for the Holy Grail could continue. - Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Eeni is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
frozen teardrop, glory of the losers, gundam wing