AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2019-10-06, 00:26   Link #41
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
"See all these fan-favorite Fate characters in these arcs we're skipping over? Doesn't that want to make you play the game? Oh, we are doing the one right before this one, just as a movie that will come out after this series has already ended" .

Man, Da Vinci is a hottie. Definitely a Fate gender-flip that I am not arguing against. And on-top of that she's voiced by the lovely Maaya Sakamoto alongside her husband as Roman. Now I just imagine them carpooling to the recording for this .

So is Lev going to show up to muck things up for our heroes, or have they already taken care of him by this point ?

Mash butt shot. Lucky Ritsuka getting to grab her waist and fall on top of her. Although he wasn't as lucky when Rin showed up .

So they basically confirm who the Servant was who Mash fused with like the audience should know it by now...and she now has her proper Noble Phantasm. If I'm understanding correctly, this is the story that will be covered in the movie ?

After First Order, I was wondering what they were going to do about Ritsuka's Command Seals. It's good that they can re-supply him with a complete set of three in case he needs them .

Really cool Mash action sequence .

Rin!? The heck is she doing here? Although while she looks and sounds the same, and still acts like the same haughty tsundere we know and love, it doesn't seem like it's actually her, especially with that immense level of power she demonstrated against the Demonic Beasts (although that shooting magic was similar to her style). She also looked absolutely gorgeous while doing so, especially in that outfit .

This is the Enkidu that was Gilgamesh's only true friend? They seem like polar opposite's personality-wise, which makes me really curious what their dynamic is like. Although just going by the beginning of the episode we can see that Gilgamesh really cared about him .

So...Humans and Servant's vs. Gods ?
Lev was little more than a mid boss and was taken out in Septem. As the anime shows we are facing his boss, the king of mages.

Rin should be at least somewhat explained but the type of being she is has been around since the early days of FGO so it is unclear if they will go that into details

Fate Gil and Enkidu were pretty much directly from the epic of Gilgamesh with minimal changes.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-06, 01:04   Link #42
Applehell

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Yes, King Solomon. They mention multiple times that he's responsible. This isn't really a spoiler, since can't really develop that sort of information without trashing the story as it was originally written, since this revelation came out at the end of the London Singularity (4), with this being the last Singularity (7).
This episode did make the story seems like it's approaching the final stretches. The information given about Solomon seemed to further solidify this with arc being implied to be more personal to him having sent the grail here himself.
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-06, 03:39   Link #43
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
"See all these fan-favorite Fate characters in these arcs we're skipping over? Doesn't that want to make you play the game? Oh, we are doing the one right before this one, just as a movie that will come out after this series has already ended" .
Babylon and Camelot were getting animated because they were voted as the arcs people wanted to see animated. As much as I love Jeanne d'Arc and Marie-Antoinette in their arc, I dont think it would translate very well in animated form. Some players mockingly described Orleans as "*talk* *talk* *SUDDENLY!!! DRAGONS*". As for Septem, it would require it to be retooled. Only Agartha is as bad.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-06, 10:00   Link #44
MCAL

"Hello there, I am your cushion"

Glad to see the anime team is using the good Ritsuka dialogue choices.
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-06, 12:21   Link #45
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
Lev was little more than a mid boss and was taken out in Septem.
Dang, I wish we could've seen that animated. Justice for Olga-Marie .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Babylon and Camelot were getting animated because they were voted as the arcs people wanted to see animated. As much as I love Jeanne d'Arc and Marie-Antoinette in their arc, I dont think it would translate very well in animated form. Some players mockingly described Orleans as "*talk* *talk* *SUDDENLY!!! DRAGONS*". As for Septem, it would require it to be retooled. Only Agartha is as bad.
Interesting. Maybe I'll look them up .
Old 2019-10-06, 12:27   Link #46
bakato

Am I the only one who hates the opening?
Old 2019-10-06, 12:28   Link #47
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
Am I the only one who hates the opening?
I thought it was a pretty banger song, but I really like Unison Square Garden .

I think the real test will be what it's like with the visuals.
Old 2019-10-06, 12:29   Link #48
bakato

Quote:
I thought it was a pretty banger song, but I really like Unison Square Garden .

I think the real test will be what it's like with the visuals.
I loved Unison Square Garden after Kekkai Sensen, but this song just isn't fate.

Last edited by bakato; 2019-10-06 at 16:37.
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-06, 13:56   Link #49
Kitsu Breaker

I wish Gudako animated properly but since we will two years of FGO project, she won´t appear unless something big happen

This two girls have the best sax life
FIGHT FOR THE YURI
Kitsu Breaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-06, 15:34   Link #50
Applehell

I will really never understand why adaptations with gender neutral protags will always default the male especially when one of the genders is clearly more popular either, but I suppose it's part of whole self-insertion marketing.
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-06, 15:38   Link #51
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Is it just me or did they actually skip Stehno and Euryale?

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-06, 16:25   Link #52
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Applehell View Post
I will really never understand why adaptations with gender neutral protags will always default the male especially when one of the genders is clearly more popular either, but I suppose it's part of whole self-insertion marketing.
This is why i have low faith if they ever adapt Girls frontline. Even tho the official Commander of the official manga is female, a generic male cardboard Commander is more likely for an anime.
Old 2019-10-06, 16:32   Link #53
Thess

Quote:
So is Lev going to show up to muck things up for our heroes, or have they already taken care of him by this point ?
I'm not sure if I can answer this here, in case it's a spoiler. I'm going to send you a private message.

Everybody, before Babylonia, I recommend watching:
- First Order.
- Babylonia episode 0: Initium Iter. This is really important for Mash's and Roman's backstory.

Ignore Moonlight/Lostroom because it takes place before the prologue of Cosmos in the Lostbelts and is already super confusing for those who play the game without Nasu's notes about what is about.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Thess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-06, 16:37   Link #54
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
I'm not sure if I can answer this here, in case it's a spoiler. I'm going to send you a private message.

Everybody, before Babylonia, I recommend watching:
- First Order.
- Babylonia episode 0: Initium Iter. This is really important for Mash's and Roman's backstory.

Ignore Moonlight/Lostroom because it takes place before the prologue of Cosmos in the Lostbelts and is already super confusing for those who play the game without Nasu's notes about what is about.
What notes?
Old 2019-10-06, 17:15   Link #55
Thess

Quote:
What notes?
The booklet that came with the episode detailing the symbolism. You know how Nasu is, he writes a thing, then he dissects it with super long notes about what that meant.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Thess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-06, 17:51   Link #56
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
This is why i have low faith if they ever adapt Girls frontline. Even tho the official Commander of the official manga is female, a generic male cardboard Commander is more likely for an anime.
But wasn't it already animated last season as short series by some Chinese studio?

Quote:
In this case it sems to be Nasu's personal request.

It is really odd how his views changed as he planned to have a female MC in FSN initially (as seen by Fate/Prototype) and was only covinced to do overvise by Takeuchi (because male MC would have been a better self-insert for expected audience).

But in case of FGO and Extra fem MCs seem to be more popular (or is it only in the West?) and Nasu still insisted on using male ones in the anime.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-06, 18:01   Link #57
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
Is it just me or did they actually skip Stehno and Euryale?
I don't think they were in Babylon at all?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post
But in case of FGO and Extra fem MCs seem to be more popular (or is it only in the West?) and Nasu still insisted on using male ones in the anime.
He seems to just like making the MC the opposite gender of the main Servant. Get a story where the MC's Servant is male, and you'll probably get a female MC. No, Apocrypha doesn't count, as Jeanne was basically used as the main Servant.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-06, 18:05   Link #58
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

At least Apocrypha had Kairi/Mordered.

Time to write Fate fanfic with lesbian MC who does not romance her Servant but steals a girlfriend from carbord-kun master.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-06, 19:00   Link #59
Frontier

Quote:
I loved Unison Square Garden after Kekkai Sensen, but this song just isn't fate.
Yeah, I can't necessarily argue against that. Aside from Prism Illya it definitely sounds atypical from the themes of past main Fate anime.
Quote:
Quote:
He seems to just like making the MC the opposite gender of the main Servant. Get a story where the MC's Servant is male, and you'll probably get a female MC. No, Apocrypha doesn't count, as Jeanne was basically used as the main Servant.
Yeah, I figure it helps with pushing a central (and typical) boy/girl dynamic at the core of the series and as a potential central romance.

Not that you couldn't do a romance with a female MC of course, although not unsurprising that they didn't got there with this.
Old 2019-10-07, 01:09   Link #60
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
I don't think they were in Babylon at all?
They weren't in the recap of previous singularities. But they're far from the only ones that were skipped.
Anh_Minh is online now   Reply With Quote