AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2023-08-09, 11:11   Link #12241
Blaat

I think we should rename this thread to the Animesuki happy reunion thread.

I'm surprised Toshihiko Seki isn't coming back, I guess they don't want to reveal this movie's Creuset clone. (totally Toyah) I also thought the twin tail pilot girl in the trailer was Meyrin only to find out she's a new character.

Sounds like Kira is going to be brainwashed or controlled by the enemy makes sense because skill wise no one can touch them so it could be a good way to create some tension in the story and fights.
Old 2023-08-09, 16:45   Link #12242
n0m@n
C-Z

More speculations are happening in the Japanese threads which was quite interesting.

In the PV1 keywords such as ZAFT, COMPASS, and Foundation came out.
COMPASS appears to be the name of the organization Lacus and Kira belongs to (or leads).
FOUNDATION seems to be the name of the organization which will turn out to be enemy in the movie.

The CE Minerva whom Lacus and co bows their head to in the pv2 appears to belong to FOUNDATION as the zoom in shot spelled out FOUNDATION in the background. Though there are people saying they are the Scandinavian Kingdom whose names been appearing in the show but never appeared. On that scene Kira bowed his head a bit later than others while Shinn didnt bow his head signifying at least these two didn't have good feeling towards them.

The scene where Kira has red eyes reflected when he's using multi-lockon apparently is illustrated that way since he is intending to kill his enemies. You could see him sweating possibly due to being hesitant in doing the kill shot. We do know that Kira tried to not kill much people as possible but had killed his enemies when he had to. Kira did tell Durandal that he would continue to fight for his cause no matter what. So it wouldn't be weird if Kira keeps his words true and if his path diverges from Lacus and others because of it. So we had another scene in the pv2 where it seemed like a dream Lacus had by reaching her hand out to Kira who wore white ZAFT uniform with purple mist in the background. So Kira could have distanced himself from others even before they formed a new organization.

Also Fukuda had been saying that Shinn would be piloting an unexpected MS. From the 2 new images of the movie ticket card we can see that the new MS is standing next to Shinn and Lunamaria. Maybe Shinn would pilot the new Justice. Don't feel like Shinn would pilot new Destiny since Destiny represented Durandal's ambition and Shinn was simply piloting it back then as Durandal's representative (or puppet) in the previous show.
Old 2023-08-09, 20:17   Link #12243
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
I think we should rename this thread to the Animesuki happy reunion thread.

I'm surprised Toshihiko Seki isn't coming back, I guess they don't want to reveal this movie's Creuset clone. (totally Toyah) I also thought the twin tail pilot girl in the trailer was Meyrin only to find out she's a new character.

Sounds like Kira is going to be brainwashed or controlled by the enemy makes sense because skill wise no one can touch them so it could be a good way to create some tension in the story and fights.
I thought that was Meyrin, too, but thought it was weird she'd look so different when Lunamaria looks exactly the same.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-08-11, 09:30   Link #12244
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
I guess they don't want to reveal this movie's Creuset clone
Why, it's Lacus, of course!!

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-08-11, 16:05   Link #12245
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Kakarot is correct, Agnes IS giving me Quess Vibes.
Old 2023-08-11, 18:16   Link #12246
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I'm pretty sure this whole "evil Kira" thing is just misdirection and they're actually just trying to stop him from going on a suicide mission alone.
Old 2023-08-12, 03:07   Link #12247
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I'm pretty sure this whole "evil Kira" thing is just misdirection and they're actually just trying to stop him from going on a suicide mission alone.
That would also be my take on it were I a betting men
Old 2023-08-12, 03:24   Link #12248
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Yeah, everyone calling out Kira in the end of SEED movie trailer reminds me of everyone calling out Setsuna in the end of 00 movie trailer.

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

It's doesn't necessarily mean that Kira is doing a bad thing. Maybe just doing something reckless to prevent people from dying.
Old 2023-08-16, 11:53   Link #12249
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

The thing with "evil Kira" is that the concept has already been done in a spinoff manga involving another Ultimate Coordinator voiced in a game by Soichiro Hoshi. Then again, most Hoshi characters have a tendency to go crazy.

I remember an old interview from Fukuda had the director having multiple ideas about what he could do with the movie and one of them was having Kira fight a clone since they pretty gave him enough enemies in the two series. In another interview in regards to Kira's characterization, the idea of Destiny was that he should stay with the military and abandon his pacifist style which was at its core when pointing a gun at Durandal. Fukuda went to call Destiny Kira as a coward for constantly escaping from his own fights.

Even the Super Robot Wars games had the characters made Kira say this when they notice he was always holding back in battle.
Old 2023-08-18, 06:16   Link #12250
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

The thing with Canard is that he's just an Edgier Kira nowadays after Astray R. He usually shows up when Gai/Lowe need backup.
Old 2023-09-08, 01:58   Link #12251
Washu-Chan