Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334 View Post
*snip for length*
That's... a lot to take in. Wow.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-03, 23:46   Link #12342
Twi

I kind of agree with Renegade, though in my eyes its just a pointless escalation meant to get the plot moving. And quagmire also brings up a good point by introducing that plot element, they effectively made Durandal's actions last season a whole lot stupider since he was going to shoot his own plan in the foot. Maybe if he was planning to kidnapper and kill the other witnesses so he could lock her up/brainwash her while his propaganda version acted as the public face, but pretty sure those ZAFT dudes took kill shots.
Old 2024-02-04, 03:04   Link #12343
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

Spoiler for Spoiler quote:

My thing here is that Aura, et al isn't a reliable judge of what Kira is. I'd also imagine that Aura is sour-graping at the fact that Kira managed to become what he is, despite his original purpose. Ulen did way better than what he intended.

We later find out through battle that The accords are just passing off hot air. They aren't the invincible race they thought they were. Which leads me to believe that Kira's existence annoys them.
Old 2024-02-04, 03:30   Link #12344
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

The way I simply see it, is that Ulen Hibiki's Ultimate Coordinator and Aura Maha Cipher's Accord are two separate development branches of the Coordinator program.
  • UC: solves the fertility and stillbirths issue plaguing the Coordinator race...which Fukuda seems to have forgotten about or glossed over. Also incorporates Newtype genes either because Ulen wanted the best of the best for his son or because he found those exotic genes stabilized the Coordinator genome.
  • Accord: Coordinator with telepathic abilities, thus making them ideal to manipulate the masses and install themselves as leaders.
There is so far no evidence both programs were linked and shared notes, or that Ulen was competing with Aura to create the first Accord.
Also, there is no currently known evidence that the Accord technology solves the Coordinator fertility and pregnancy stability issues the UC program set out to resolve in the first place - which means they, too, could still be in a demographic/genetic pinch. Ulen's victory was short-lived given that Mendel was attacked by Blue Cosmos shortly after Caridad absconded with both Cagalli and Kira; much of the UC know-how probably died with the Hibikis and their assistants... Orphee being the same age as Kira, I don't think Aura had the time to refurbish his genome with UC material hypothetically pilfered from Mendel after the tragedy. I could be wrong, though - the novel hasn't been fully translated yet.

As for Kira, the novel (chapter 1) makes it clear Orphee views him as a "pest"...primarily because of his romantic entanglement with Lacus, though.

Last edited by Renegade334; 2024-02-22 at 07:00.
Renegade334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-04, 03:38   Link #12345
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334 View Post
The way I simply see it, is that Ulen Hibiki's Ultimate Coordinator and Aura Maha Cipher's Accord are two separate development branches of the Coordinator program.
  • UC: solves the fertility and stillbirths issue plaguing the Coordinator race...which Fukuda seems to have forgotten about or glossed over. Also incorporates Newtype genes either because Ulen wanted the best of the best for his son or because he found those exotic genes stabilized the Coordinator genome.
  • Accord: Coordinator with telepathic abilities, thus making them ideal to manipulate the masses and install themselves as leaders.
There is so far no evidence both programs were linked or had technology exchanges, or that Ulen was competing with Maha to create the first Accord.
Also, there is no currently known evidence that the Accord technology solves the Coordinator fertility and pregnancy stability issues the UC program set out to resolve in the first place - which means they, too, could still be in a demographic/genetic pinch. Ulen's victory was short-lived given that Mendel was attacked by Blue Cosmos shortly after Caridad absconded with both Cagalli and Kira; much of the UC know-how probably died with the Hibikis and their assistants... Orphee being the same age as Kira, I don't think Maha had the time to refurbish his genome with UC material hypothetically pilfered from Mendel after the tragedy.

As for Kira, the novel (chapter 1) makes it clear Orphee views him as a "pest"...primarily because of his romantic entanglement with Lacus, though.
That's the smoking gun. I don't ever think that Kira was intended to be an Accord. They just tried to hoodwink Kira into believing that his abilities aren't unique at all. But realistically. I don't see it, Orphee and the other Accords all have MS that are way spec'd even over Strike Freedom, but when the chips are down? Kira and their "will" will win over "designed Superiority"
Old 2024-02-04, 04:09   Link #12346
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
And quagmire also brings up a good point by introducing that plot element, they effectively made Durandal's actions last season a whole lot stupider since he was going to shoot his own plan in the foot.
The thing is, the Destiny Plan was absolutely perfect for Aura and her Accords, as it secured them top seats in this promised Brave New World. But were the Accords perfect for Durandal's vision of a stable and peaceful society? That's the more salient question. Individuals like Durandal who are steadfast in their conviction that they know better and have the better plans are not necessarily willing to cede control to others, especially individuals who are defined by their ability to manipulate others. That's assuming, of course, that Durandal was aware of what Aura was truly cooking in her lab.

It's possible that Durandal only saw them as useful pawns on his imaginary chessboard, good for raising hell in the EA's own backyard and possibly create an Earth-bound springboard for the DP when the time came to implement it and spread it all over the planet.

Durandal's death, of course, was a boon for the Accords since they were now free to scheme with Jagganath, the radical head of ZAFT, and pave the way for a coup in PLANT. No more middle man.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
Maybe if he was planning to kidnapper and kill the other witnesses so he could lock her up/brainwash her while his propaganda version acted as the public face, but pretty sure those ZAFT dudes took kill shots.
It's very clearly said in the dialogue that Lacus was to be killed. Either Durandal wasn't aware of her status as an Accord cuckoo chick (it's still unknown at this point whether Siegel knew what she was or how she came to be that way) or he labeled her too big of a threat to bother manipulating.
Old 2024-02-04, 10:50   Link #12347
cyberdemon

Spoiler for Kira:
Old 2024-02-04, 12:56   Link #12348
Washu-Chan
Powered by AMD Athrun 64

Today is Lacus’s birthday!

Happy birthday, Lacus!

Speaking of Lacus, she has wing motifs in her designs, from her headgear and spacesuit, as well as the Proud Defender she pilots. It could be a possible nod to Gundams with similar wing motifs, including the Wing Zero Custom, the Hi-Nu Gundam, and obviously the Freedom series.

Last edited by Washu-Chan; 2024-02-04 at 15:05.
Washu-Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-04, 17:20   Link #12349
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagdPanther View Post
That's... a lot to take in. Wow.
And, apparently:
- there might be deviations from the movie plot (unspecified).
- vol.2 of the novel will be released in two months' time.
Old 2024-02-04, 17:21   Link #12350
Washu-Chan