AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-01-28, 05:09   Link #9761
Lucarion
The Hegemon-King of Chu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyou13 View Post
Well, at some points, I really did think that this whole couple thing could work out if Tat and Miyuki somehow turn out not to be blood-related.
But recently, I realized that it is, to some degree, still incest, as he has only thought of her as his lil sis. And I belong to the no-incest camp here. So no Miyuki end pls
To be fair to both of them, they never really saw each other as brother and sister growing up. They've no memories of doing the things siblings usually do. As far as they're concerned they were just someone their age living in the same house who happens to share the same genes. They only started treating each other like siblings 3 years prior to the start of the story because the Okinawa incident effectively reset their relationship to something more pleasant and time since then just made the bond stronger--and in Miyuki's case, she's completely fallen in love with her brother.

There are also hints on Tatsuya's part that seems to imply that he dislikes the fact that he can't return Miyuki's, or anyone's feelings for him. He's very much aware of how lovely his sister is. He saw her as this wonderful girl, but his brain is limited to loving her as his sister. And he dislikes that this is all he's physically capable of doing. Still, despite this being all he has left he decided to give her all the love he has to offer. She's the one person in the world that makes him impulsive but he's not sure how to define or phrase how exactly he feels about her. He's not even sure if what he feels for her makes sense. All he knows is that he loves her deeply regardless of the circumstances around them and that if anything happened to her he'd completely lose it.
Old 2014-01-28, 06:39   Link #9762
NutShell

rather tatsuya will ended up with who, i more curios with who Miyuki will end up
if i am not wrong Miyuki serve tatsuya while she can, because female magician married in young age
Old 2014-01-28, 06:44   Link #9763
revenant

I think Miyuki won't end with someone else. She will either be alone, with Tatsuya or die. Her thoughts of it are pretty clear and when she'll become head of Youtsuba she can ignore government regulations with ease.
Old 2014-01-28, 07:20   Link #9764
Verisimilitude

If any of you guys have Twitter, I'd strongly suggest that you follow @Dengeki_mahouka. Nice titbits of information from the author and Dengeki. It says that Volume 13 is moving towards an April release so far.

Also, can anyone that reads Japanese translate this please?
"いきなり話題が飛びますが、第14巻は京都・奈良方面が舞台です。ただ、私は神戸に三年ほどいたにも拘わ らず、京都も奈良もほとんど行ったことがありません。"

The Google translation kinda sucks, so I'd like to get a better interpretation. Is it saying that Vol 14 is going to be set in Kyoto and Nara? If so, that would be great. Both are lovely cities.
Old 2014-01-28, 08:19   Link #9765
ahmadyazidozi

change of Topic

i wanna see how will Shippou act next
Hahahaha,

He has seen the power of his senior. and, will he act like he was now

and, the Duel of Tats and the Saegusa Twins
i think Kasumi is just like Shippou but just a bit more tamed, Hahahaha
Old 2014-01-28, 08:26   Link #9766
Rasen

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosaer View Post
Most of Erika's feelings for Tats are subtly hinted at through Mizuki. such as when she got their whole class to sit at the front of the assemby for the 9 schools comp. Mizuki thought something along the lines of "Erika really is like that when it comes to tatsuya."

Or when Mizuki was asking Erika why she was being so weird around Tatsuya during the visitor arc. that whole conversation was full of hints about her liking Tats.
Erika is about as subtle as a sledgehammer. If you have to look for hidden signs, she's not really interested. When she wants something, EVERYONE knows.

And their similarities can just as easily be applied to people being best friends. You know that saying "opposites attract" for romantic couples?

Honestly, I think Erika sees in Tatsuya someone who will help her cause chaos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
Not her home more like their dojo...
Their dojo is at their home. That's how family dojos work.

Quote:
Yea Mayumi baked her some valentine choco, just to mess with him...Much worse she made it a weapon of mass destruction.
You know how young boys pick on girls they like? Same thing.

Quote:
Just like you said...it only took one vol. and whats more a flash back to know she already like Tatsuya. Not like it was love at first sight like Masaki had, there basically no in depth with her feelings; thats why I cant stand her!
Love at first sight is the very definition of shallow. It's falling in love based on nothing more than looks.

And while her reasons are shallow, Honoka has the unfortunate genetic disposition for extreme loyalty towards their chosen one, so I'd say the DEPTHS of her feelings are as deep as Miyuki's.

Quote:
Nah idoubt they will escalate as a couple....Tatsuya stated that when ever they go out they will act as a couple, meaning those delusions that Mizuki gets are only an act...
Given Tatsuya's stunted emotions, pretty much anything anyone that isn't Miyuki gets is an act.

That being said, the books describe Tatsuya's real point of view/feelings very often. And Miyuki is the only one he has any significant emotions for (by Yotsuba design)

Quote:
But did you notice this; in recent vol. They get less lovey dovey and only Miyuki is escalating that she almost kiss him
Can't notice what isn't there. Miyuki is escalating, and Tatsuya keeps getting struck with thoughts of "oh she's too cute," "she's so attractive," "I want to spoil her."
Old 2014-01-28, 11:02   Link #9767
pampz21
ShipCore

Quote:
Their dojo is at their home. That's how family dojos work.
But did you know that Erika lives alone? So they only use the dojo...not really her home~ Beside Tatsuya already know the reason why Erika invited Leo to their Dojo, Nao even confirmed that Erika didnt have any special feelings from the guy

Quote:
You know how young boys pick on girls they like? Same thing.
But you know how young boys stalks the girl they like?
and why would a girl sulk from just a misunderstanding if the person who misunderstood isnt special?

Quote:
Love at first sight is the very definition of shallow. It's falling in love based on nothing more than looks.

And while her reasons are shallow, Honoka has the unfortunate genetic disposition for extreme loyalty towards their chosen one, so I'd say the DEPTHS of her feelings are as deep as Miyuki's.
What does genetic have to do with loyalty?Shallow is still shallow
She only feel in love with Tatsuya on how well crafted he activate his magic.
she didnt even consider the personality, looks, talents.
I say its bullsh*t

Quote:
Given Tatsuya's stunted emotions, pretty much anything anyone that isn't Miyuki gets is an act.

That being said, the books describe Tatsuya's real point of view/feelings very often. And Miyuki is the only one he has any significant emotions for (by Yotsuba design)
And why would Tatsuya act in front of his friends...Tatsuya already said that their(MiyukiXTatsuya) flirting is that they are playing around, Even tho Tatsuya said he regretted not being able to help Leo, that made Miyuki thinks Tatsuya's emotions are getting back

Quote:
Can't notice what isn't there. Miyuki is escalating, and Tatsuya keeps getting struck with thoughts of "oh she's too cute," "she's so attractive," "I want to spoil her."
of course its not in there cuz the author cut it down alittle, and when did the author voice those words?

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

Old 2014-01-28, 11:11   Link #9768
nosaer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasen View Post
Erika is about as subtle as a sledgehammer. If you have to look for hidden signs, she's not really interested. When she wants something, EVERYONE knows.

And their similarities can just as easily be applied to people being best friends. You know that saying "opposites attract" for romantic couples?
Just because Erika is brash about a lot of things doesn't mean that she is about everything. you may have overlooked some examples but Erika is a bit more complex of a character than you give her credit for. She could still be trying to figure out or understand some of her feelings herself.

a good example of this is when she was waiting on Tatsuya during the recruitment week activities. at that time she was questioning herself on how her actions have been a bit different from in the past.

I actually find it pretty easy to believe that Erika keeps some feelings hidden from most others, and its pretty easy to do so by being boisterous about other things...

also in that talk with mizuki she pretty much said that she wanted Tatsuya to only help her group and not both her and mayumi's group...but everyone didn't know that before hand. this could also be taken as a sign of jealousy of which someone without feelings for another person usually wouldn't have
Old 2014-01-28, 12:03   Link #9769
Lucarion
The Hegemon-King of Chu.

Quote:

But did you notice this; in recent vol. They get less lovey dovey and only Miyuki is escalating that she almost kiss him
Well of course she's the one doing the work. She's the one who's supposed to win him over. Right now, Tatsuya's just oblivious to the reality of what she feels for him and is disinterested in love. But I believe that in time...Miyuki will win him over.

Or die in the process.
Old 2014-01-28, 15:40   Link #9770
Sylux

This is only an idea so just state your opinion if you want ( event thought I think this nearly impossible)
But what would you think when during a crisis Masaki fights and found Miyuki also fighting, after that the fought alonside eacht other and they become friendly and someday Miyuki falls for him and Tats get his emotions (or at least some of them ) back and it happens what he suggested to Lina and she moves du Japan and both of them fight together and someday also get together??
Old 2014-01-28, 16:08   Link #9771
azziz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylux View Post
This is only an idea so just state your opinion if you want ( event thought I think this nearly impossible)
But what would you think when during a crisis Masaki fights and found Miyuki also fighting, after that the fought alonside eacht other and they become friendly and someday Miyuki falls for him and Tats get his emotions (or at least some of them ) back and it happens what he suggested to Lina and she moves du Japan and both of them fight together and someday also get together??
if masaki and miyuki were really to fight together,the former would be too impressed-afraid?- of the latter to still believe himself worthy of her:like sayaka,he may become (distant)friend with her,but would seek someone more accessible.
think,for instance,to the student Council president election:could he have stopped her the day she became known as the ice queen,the same weay tatsuya (awesomly)did?
Old 2014-01-28, 16:12   Link #9772
Chris38

Tatsuya getting his emotions ... or rather urges back ... is, in my opinion, pretty much impossible, since it would mean that he would lose his capability to cast normal spells, that are unrelated to his innate magical ability...

After all, the space in Tatsuya's brain that is responsible for his urges has been taken over ... or rather rebuilt into his artificial magic calculation area.

No matter how the fans want it to happen, I doubt it's something that Tatsuya can recover from... since magic in this universe seems to be something that can break a person, for the rest of their life...
Old 2014-01-28, 17:44   Link #9773
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
Tatsuya getting his emotions ... or rather urges back ... is, in my opinion, pretty much impossible, since it would mean that he would lose his capability to cast normal spells, that are unrelated to his innate magical ability...

After all, the space in Tatsuya's brain that is responsible for his urges has been taken over ... or rather rebuilt into his artificial magic calculation area.

No matter how the fans want it to happen, I doubt it's something that Tatsuya can recover from... since magic in this universe seems to be something that can break a person, for the rest of their life...
The only one who see it as a problem are the Yotsuba and when Miyuki takes over there is no doubt she;s going make sure that is never an issue again. lol.
Old 2014-01-28, 17:48   Link #9774
Mentar
Banned

I'd say nothing is "Impossible" in a fantasy setting which has a magical background. All it takes is the author willing it.
Old 2014-01-28, 20:31   Link #9775
ahmadyazidozi

well, i think there is a possibility that Miyuki will be the one to give Tatsuya back his emotion.
as She also able to cast Lunar-Magic (or Mind-something-something Magic, sorry i forgot)

She is a genius in a way, She also is monstrous in Magic.
Plus, She also wants Tatsuya to have his Emotion back.
She still is young, and she might be studying how to remove it in the future.
Old 2014-01-28, 20:36   Link #9776
BW95
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmadyazidozi View Post
well, i think there is a possibility that Miyuki will be the one to give Tatsuya back his emotion.
as She also able to cast Lunar-Magic (or Mind-something-something Magic, sorry i forgot)

She is a genius in a way, She also is monstrous in Magic.
Plus, She also wants Tatsuya to have his Emotion back.
She still is young, and she might be studying how to remove it in the future.
The only mental manipulation magic she can cast is her innate Cocytus and it's not like her mother's magic, which could freely manipulate the mind. All Miyuki can do is freeze it. She's not a genius. She's talented.
Old 2014-01-28, 21:09   Link #9777
bietchie11
OneTrueTatsuya's apostles

Quote:
Originally Posted by BW95 View Post
The only mental manipulation magic she can cast is her innate Cocytus and it's not like her mother's magic, which could freely manipulate the mind. All Miyuki can do is freeze it. She's not a genius. She's talented.
I don't care about Tatsuya getting his emotion back or not. I like the way he is now.
(And to be honest, who can guarantee the pre-operation Tatsuya is not exactly the same as Shizuku? )

But i have to say something about Miyuki:
There are rooms for her to develop. Let's have some shounen BS kicking in guys.
She is pale when compared to Tatsuya but astoundingly brilliant compared to all others.
Beside, the author didn't say :"Nope, not gonna happen. Even if Miyuki is her daughter."
Even Tatsuya upgrades his MBurst with time.
Politics: Capitalism

-Silentwolfie-
Old 2014-01-28, 21:19   Link #9778
Lucarion
The Hegemon-King of Chu.

Quote:
She is a genius. Just not in the same level as Tatsuya but still pretty up there.
Old 2014-01-28, 21:28   Link #9779
BW95
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucarion View Post
She is a genius. Just not in the same level as Tatsuya but still pretty up there.
Smart, but not genius. When I say genius, I'm talking about that level of intellect that can't be reached just through effort or studying. Kinda like Tatsuya's passion for CADs that led him to be Silver.
Old 2014-01-28, 21:44   Link #9780
BlueDanube

Quote:
Smart, but not genius. When I say genius, I'm talking about that level of intellect that can't be reached just through effort or studying. Kinda like Tatsuya's passion for CADs that led him to be Silver.
Tatsuya's genius level is incredible and he has no flaw.
Tatsuya developed the most advanced technology in the world and with elemental sight he can easilly learn the structure. No one can match him.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, fantasy, harem, incest, mahouka, rettousei, school life, shounen, siblings