AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-05-09, 14:35   Link #1
Mcdougal

Did Sasuke really have a choice? [Manga]

So, i've been noticing Sasuke catching alot of flak lately due to his defection to Orochimaru, but if he was serious about killing Itachi, then did he really have any other coptions??
Sasuke ran of to Orochimaru to get stronger so he could defeat Itachi, which has gotten him a lot of critisism, and it is widely considered that he just should have stayed and trained in Konoha. My question is, how much stronger could sasuke really get by staying in the leaf village? I mean, the only person he could get any real beneficial training from would be Kakashi, but he really isn't that strong now is he? I mean, he got his butt kicked by Itachi, and all Itachi did was to give him a dirty look, literarly. So how is sasuke expected to be able to grow strong enough in Kakashi's care? Isn't the only for Sasuke to grow strong enough to be trained by one of the legendary sennin?
Mcdougal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-09, 14:40   Link #2
Ero-Sennin

Oro is not fit to be a teacher. He is selfish and will only use Sasuke. Thus, we can conclude that in the long run it is bad for everyone, including Sasuke as he would probably not be able to accomplish his goal of killing Itachi by himself, that Sasuke joins Oro.

Basically:

Oro's influence Sasuke --> Like steroids: quick growth of strength but shortened life span

Normal way --> Sasuke grows slowly (not even probably, just because naruto is growing faster doesnt mean he is barely progressing) but surely.
Ero-Sennin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-09, 14:45   Link #3
Chin1683

kakashi was still able to train sasuke pretty well, many people were surprised to see how much stronger he had gotten in his fight against gaara, but anyways, i think there will be a twist involving sasuke, so far its been too predictable that hed go to oro, i dont know what the twist is but im sure something will happen that none of us expected
Chin1683 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-09, 14:47   Link #4
Sethi
StormRider

You say that Kakashi got his butt kicked by Itachi, but the result with Orochimaru would probably be the same, also do you really think that Orochimaru will train Sasuke to be has strong has Itachi?? He would never do it otherwise Sasuke may turn against him and become very dangerous to him, besides a teacher doesn't need to be stronger than the person you want to defeat, Itachi teacher most likely was the same level as Kakashi or worse.
Sethi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-09, 15:01   Link #5
realdeal
The Real Deal

you stop learning from a teacher when you reach his lvl. Sasuke was still milestones away from kakashi lvl so I dont understand why he needed a switch. One step at a time..his main reason wasnt the teacher anyways, more like leaf was too freindly, not enough real fighting there. However his rival naruto is at leaf..the best way he can grow is to try keep up or surpass the guy not go off elsewhere. Anko was oro's and shes not all that.
realdeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-09, 15:02   Link #6
GreyArea
Meatf***er

How do you think Itachi became so strong? He didnt run off to the first source of quick and easy power that presented itself, thats for sure.
GreyArea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-09, 15:04   Link #7
CommS007

Sasuke didn't had much choice no?
The curse seal has a grip on him and lvl 2 has an even stronger grip?
CommS007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-09, 15:15   Link #8
Kayess
Guy From Canada

Sasuke did have a choice!! Sakura proclaimed her undying love and he just walked away, although after thanking her. He and Sakura could have joined forces and killed Itachi! Maybe if that happen, Sakura would have a purpose in the series..
Kayess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-09, 15:16   Link #9
eLstar
(^_^)v

I'm more of an existentialist so I believe that we are all responsible for our own choices, we can only blame ourselves and not someone else. So yeah...Sasuke had the choice to choose something different, but he didn't.
eLstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-09, 15:19   Link #10
CommS007

True true, when it comes downs to it, it's your own choice.

But the curse seal, amazing things that Naruto showed and 4 sounds kicking you with much ease, pushes him over.

Hmmm but being jealous of power and needing more, hmm, maybe you're right
Old 2004-05-09, 15:43   Link #11
Yogi

Sasuke has SEVERAL choices in confronting Itachi.

1) Train as hard as Rock Lee, as long as Rock Lee. If someone with no talent can reach Rock Lee's level, think about what someone like Sasuke would be like.
2) Go out and seek training from other teachers in the village. It never hurts to at least ask, and I'm sure plenty of them would like to kill Itachi as well.
3) Make lots of friends, get together a group, go out and hunt down Itachi as a pack.
4) Get married, have lots of Sharingan-imbued kids, train them all, then have a surprise family reunion for Itachi.
5) Steal the scroll of seals. Educate himself.
6) Learn how to undo seals, kidnap Naruto and offer to give him to Akarsuki in exchange for a duel with Itachi. When Itachi shows up (far away from Konoha) undo the seal holding Kyuubi inide Naruto.
7) Wait until you've exhausted all the training avalable in the village before you go out seeking people like Orochimaru.

Of course, there is the minor detail that Orochimaru doesn't actually WANT to train Sasuke, he only wants his tender young Sharingan-posessing body.
Yogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-09, 15:48   Link #12
farah_ustun
Fumoffu!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Sennin
Oro is not fit to be a teacher. He is selfish and will only use Sasuke. Thus, we can conclude that in the long run it is bad for everyone, including Sasuke as he would probably not be able to accomplish his goal of killing Itachi by himself, that Sasuke joins Oro.

Basically:

Oro's influence Sasuke --> Like steroids: quick growth of strength but shortened life span

Normal way --> Sasuke grows slowly (not even probably, just because naruto is growing faster doesnt mean he is barely progressing) but surely.
I agree with you Ero-Sennin, plus Orochimaru also said that Itachi was stronger than him. Could he therefore really help Sasuke defeat Itachi? If Kakashi couldn't help, than Orochimaru cannot do much more (he doesn't even know how to use the Sharingan... yet... ).

Come to think of it, Sasuke was never told why Orochimaru wanted him for, no one really told him that Oro was after his body and the Sharingan. Maybe that's why Sasuke took the risk to join him...
farah_ustun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-09, 15:53   Link #13
nh1
KAWAIII-III!!!! >^_^ >

Quote:
Originally Posted by farah_ustun
If Kakashi couldn't help, than Orochimaru cannot do much more (he doesn't even know how to use the Sharingan... yet... ).
Orochimaru would have the Uchiha blood in his veins, he would be Sasuke only a lot stronger. Learning how to use the Sharingan shouldn't take long for him (He is a strong ninja, maybe more of a genius than Itachi only without Sharingan).
Old 2004-05-09, 15:56   Link #14
CommS007

I think Oro meant that Itachi was stronger, cause he has a strong will and mind too, so could not get him to join and or take him over

But now that the lvl2 has been given to Sasuke, he's becoming more and more an Oro slave, I think >.>
Old 2004-05-09, 15:56   Link #15
Gai-Kakashi

Absolutely he had a choice.

He was impatient and desired instant power so he could kill his brother. He put that above the safety and commitment to his friends and comrades. Tragic perhapes, but it was still his choice. And as Kakashi said, they weren't the worst off. Both had found precious in their lives dispite the hardships they endured. Sasuke is throwing that away for the promise of avenging power.
Gai-Kakashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-09, 16:03   Link #16
eLstar
(^_^)v

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommS007
True true, when it comes downs to it, it's your own choice.

But the curse seal, amazing things that Naruto showed and 4 sounds kicking you with much ease, pushes him over.

Hmmm but being jealous of power and needing more, hmm, maybe you're right
No it's not true really, only for us. It all depends on what a person believes. I mean Sasuke believes that being an avenger is his destiny no matter what, and some people might agree with that.
eLstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-09, 16:11   Link #17
cheez-it_god
chemo brain

Send a message via AIM to cheez-it_god Send a message via MSN to cheez-it_god Send a message via Yahoo to cheez-it_god
I thought that Kakashi told Sasuke that he could never grow to defeat his brother if he uses the curse seal to get there.
cheez-it_god is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-09, 16:22   Link #18
Zek
Eyebrows...

Yes, he did, and obviously Sasuke disregarded that advice. There's no question that joining Orochimariu is not a way for him to get strong enough to defeat Itachi(especially considering the fact that Orochimaru just intends to take his body when he can), but Sasuke's personality is such that he would sacrifice anything for what he believes will make him stronger.
Zek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-09, 17:02   Link #19
Lunchboxx

Send a message via AIM to Lunchboxx Send a message via MSN to Lunchboxx Send a message via Yahoo to Lunchboxx
I think sasake is being to impatient, why does he need to go out and kill itachi right away...he's grown so much stronger since the show started and thats bin like what a year, imagine how strong he would be in 10-15 years. Although Itachi will also become stronger in that time aswell, I don't think he would become very much stronger, He prolley doesn't train that much and is confident in his strenght(of course consiering the very little we know about Itachi can't be positive about any of that)
Lunchboxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-09, 17:05   Link #20
pyu
Crouchety Old Man

Send a message via MSN to pyu
Sasuke was too rash in making his decision. And yes, he had a choice - if he wasn't a fictional character on 2-dimensional paper dancing to his creator's whims.

Kishimoto wanted him to go to Orochimaru and thus, he went. If Sasuke didn't go, Orochimaru probably couldn't do anything significant for a very long time - you got to admit in his state, if he attempted anything on the Leaf village again, the snake would probably be utterly defeated by Tsunade and Jiraiya. Hell, in the long term, if he didn't get Sasuke, Orochimaru would probably be betrayed by his own people if they realise how weak he had become.

Not good for storyline purposes...

However, I still find it quite incredible that despite Kakashi's advice, it only took the brief fight with the 4 sound-nins, his encounter with Itachi and finally Naruto's growth to remove whatever rationality Sasuke had developed in all the previous chapters. Shows how much maturity and sense of belonging to the village he really had...
pyu is offline   Reply With Quote