*** 9 18.00%
**** 8 16.00%
***** 31 62.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2006-02-02, 10:25   Link #1
xris
Just call me Ojisan

[Manga] Chapter 293 Discussion

Welcome to the weekly manga chapter discussion thread . As per the forums rules, please don't ask or mention where to download the (licensed) manga. Also remember not to post or link to any translations of the manga, since this is illegal as well. Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome) but please do not discuss scans, raws, translation groups, etc. Also note that only moderators or designated members will be able to create this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mists
Just saw the new chapter...Want more naruto dumbness?

You got it!

4th powerup he turns into the a fox. Sai is just watching the powerful fight. Sakura wakes up and Yamato makes a clone so one could stay with Sakura and one could see what's up with Naruto.

Oro seems interested in this power now......what more do you want to know lol...?

Same thing that's being predicted over and over. Don't know why Naruto would even succumb to this!

And also on the last page.......something shocks Yamato (it might be a person standing far in front of him, I can't really tell at that panel.)

But it seems like Naruto lets the world know he's there as there is a beam of energy to the sky as he makes this other DBZ powerup...
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-02, 10:26   Link #2
ccardoso
Banned

Some spoiler pics of this fantastic chapter!
Spoiler:

Can anyone translate what is said?
ccardoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-02, 10:28   Link #3
Yellow Flash
Banned

Naruto is a small kyuubi, yet we see Orochimaru still laughing and he isn't hurt at all.
So I wonder...what the hell is the point? To see Naruto as a monster doing no damage at all is just frustrating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccardoso
Some spoiler pics of this fantastic chapter!
This chapter was crappy.
Yellow Flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-02, 10:33   Link #4
astayanax
Conspiracy Theorist

It is like I was saying flash; I honestly believe Orochimaru can handle everything up to a 7 or 8 (more towards the 8) tailed Naruto. Jiraiya probably a 6 or 7 tails. But Kabuto, well looking at THAT Naruto, the best thing he could do is flee. Same thing for Yamato, Sai etc.
Old 2006-02-02, 10:34   Link #5
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

Yeah i guess i was wrong and you correct after all....it seemed that the Kyuubi really is in control now...and instantly transformed Naruto's body
Mr. Johnny 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-02, 10:34   Link #6
ri0

Flash don't be so arrogant... Others might have liked that chapter so they want the translation. Don't you understand that there are different opinions and yours isnt't always the allmighty one.
ri0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-02, 10:35   Link #7
astayanax
Conspiracy Theorist

Anyone else noticing the power upgrade from 3 to 4 tails is frickin' HUGE?
Old 2006-02-02, 10:36   Link #8
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

Yeah exactly that is why its unexpected to me....it's like his powers doubles after every tail...
Mr. Johnny 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-02, 10:38   Link #9
ccardoso
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Flash
Naruto is a small kyuubi, yet we see Orochimaru still laughing and he isn't hurt at all.
So I wonder...what the hell is the point? To see Naruto as a monster doing no damage at all is just frustrating.

This chapter was crappy.
Crappy? Do you except Kyuubi to annihilate the strongest of the sannin in a chapter?
Give to it the time to come out at least...
Old 2006-02-02, 10:46   Link #10
Rurik
Golden

That’s why I said in the thread ccardoso started that Jiraya said that at 4 tails Naruto looked like a miny Kyuby, sor of a Dr Evil - Miny me -
Rurik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-02, 10:48   Link #11
ccardoso
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by astayanax
Anyone else noticing the power upgrade from 3 to 4 tails is frickin' HUGE?
Yes it isn't certainly a linear growth. It's an exponential one most likely.
Next chapter will be Kyuubi general ownage IMHO.

To Sasuke's fanboys: please don't start talking about how much Naruto sucks, that he's just a beast and yadda yadda.
We don't have any evidence to state that we've seen all of Naruto's jutsu: now he's really angry against Orochimaru so it's very understandable that Kyuubi's power leaked out in such a violent and sudden way.
A part from that we must take in account that we are dealing DIRECTLY with Kyuubi now, even if it's in an underpowered version: people who say that Orochimaru can handle it without problems are going to have big surprises in the near future I think.
Old 2006-02-02, 10:50   Link #12
Yellow Flash
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccardoso
Crappy? Do you except Kyuubi to annihilate the strongest of the sannin in a chapter?
Orochimaru isn't the strongest sannin. That would be Jiraiya.
Old 2006-02-02, 10:52   Link #13
ccardoso
Banned

Quote:
Orochimaru should have been killed a long time ago. He is like a cockroach.
A cockroach who killed the third Hokage and almost annihilated the entire Konoha.
Old 2006-02-02, 10:56   Link #14
KuwabaraTheMan
The True Protagonist

Send a message via AIM to KuwabaraTheMan
Quote:
Orochimaru isn't the strongest sannin. That would be Jiraiya.
Jiraiya couldn't stop Orochimaru from leaving the village.

This chapter was pretty cool. Kabuto is back up, so he'll unleash some pwnage next week, and Naruto is showing mad crazy powers, as well.
KuwabaraTheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-02, 10:56   Link #15
Rurik
Golden

Why Oro has his malicius smirk after seen Naruto Gone Wild...

Either way, I just want to see If Naruto can grow the next Tail, or his body can only accept this number of tails...
Rurik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-02, 10:56   Link #16
Tyrone Biggums
Crack Head

If you hate how these chapters turn out...just imagine when its released in anime, thats what i do lol, just imagining these transformations in anime ahhhhhhh making me go crazy...cant wait for filler to be done, but enough of that, is that yamato in the last panel just chillen or is it someone else?

And last time naruto went 4 tailed, how did Jiraya stop him? Can Yamato do the same thing or will we see a kyubi revenge start and go on a rampage to destroy everything in his path.

I can see Sai's mission involving something like turning Naruto against the whole Leaf Village...dunno why, i just see it.
Old 2006-02-02, 10:59   Link #17
Yellow Flash
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuwabaraTheMan
Jiraiya couldn't stop Orochimaru from leaving the village.
So what? That means he couldn't save him, not that he is weaker.

Let me remind you that Jiraiya was Yondaime's sensei. This should tell you that he is the strongest sannin.
Old 2006-02-02, 10:59   Link #18
swerv
Stay Up

Looks like people smiling after being hit doesn't mean much, after Kabuto got hit the first time with rasengan he smiled up til the moment he collapsed. Last chapter he was smiling again and it looks as though he's spent his time healing his body since then.

Maybe kishimoto doesn't want anyone to feel sympathy for the bad guys, having them smiling all the time shows them to be arrogant. If we saw them in pain we might start to feel sorry for them.

edit: it's cool to see the yam man getting funky aswell.
Old 2006-02-02, 11:01   Link #19
ri0

Quote:
Let me remind you that Jiraiya was Yondaime's sensei. This should tell you that he is the strongest sannin.
You think everyone that had contact to him is invincible, do you?
ri0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-02, 11:03   Link #20
KuwabaraTheMan
The True Protagonist

Send a message via AIM to KuwabaraTheMan
Quote:
So what? That means he couldn't save him, not that he is weaker.

If he was stronger he could have just beaten Orochimaru, but he didn't.

Orochimaru was stronger then Yondaime at that time(and because he doesn't age and keeps learning, he's even stronger then that now), so that proves nothing.
KuwabaraTheMan is offline   Reply With Quote