AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2006-02-16, 04:41   Link #1
ShikaShika
無罪

[Manga] Chapter 295 Discussion

Welcome to the weekly manga chapter discussion thread . As per the forums rules, please don't ask or mention where to download the (licensed) manga. Also remember not to post or link to any translations of the manga, since this is illegal as well. Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome) but please do not discuss scans, raws, translation groups, etc. Also note that only moderators or designated members will be able to create this thread.

Naruto's ball of chakra enters his mouth and seconds later there's a big blast in the direction of Orochimaru. Orochimaru, having anticipated it, summons Sanjuu Rashoumon (same as Sakon's, just three of them). It seems it didn't help him much as he looks toppled over (well I guess he'd look a bit worse without the gates), but all of a sudden Orochimaru's head emerges from the ground with the sword of Kusanagi nailing Naruto to a cliff.

Maybe I'd feel more emotional if I could actually see Naruto, it's a bit hard to sympathise with a big black ugly monster. Anyway, I'm sure this is for from over.
ShikaShika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-16, 04:58   Link #2
Lackadaisical

Naruto's already had a chidori stabbed into him without any adverse effects that couldn't be healed by Kyuubi. Given that he is in a even more developed state now, I'd agree Naruto isn't going to be to hurt so badly that the fight ends by being stabbed with a sword.

Still this fight seems passingly boring. I'm trying to be interested but I really don't care about who wins. The lack of any real drama is idly bothersome.
Lackadaisical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-16, 05:01   Link #3
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Looks like Naruto is going to lose, Orochimaru has a way to counter everything Naruto throws at him and now Naruto's stabbed. He will need to transform again to have any chance. Right now it's just monster vs monster. One wild beast with infinite chakra vs a guy with immortality.

I think those Rashoumon are stronger versions? They are like a building tall each.

Last edited by Mizuno; 2006-02-16 at 05:25.
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-16, 05:05   Link #4
degeros
Sinner

I found it rather cool how Orochimaru used both hands to summon three Rashoumons, but it was... anti-climatic to see him sprawled on the ground after that.
degeros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-16, 05:12   Link #5
Mizuno
Undefined

I guess unless someone had fought Orochimaru before, he must always be on guard. Who other than Orochimaru that's alive can extend his neck 1km long with a sword coming out of his mouth.
Old 2006-02-16, 05:23   Link #6
timeless

All I can say is, can't wait till this arc get animated.
timeless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-16, 05:41   Link #7
Syaoran
Inactive Member

It's a rather short chapter... 2 moves during the fight ^^'

Those 3 gates Orochimaru made it' the kind of thing Sakon and Ukon summoned when fighting Kiba...
What does it actually do ? Suck in people or souls like that gate in the recent Bleach episodes ?

That black ball sure did vaporize all three of them ... what a powerful attack, but coming from Kyuubi, I hoped it would have been something special, instead of a high speed concentrated chakra Rasengan like move.

Looks like I'm right when I think of Orochimaru as a monster/demon as well...
The sword Orochimaru used to pin down Naruto on that rock, is that the true power of his Kusanagi ? O_o

Poor Naruto ... if that attack was his trumpcard, Orochimaru might kill him ... That's maybe where Sai or Yamato comes in ?
Syaoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-16, 05:50   Link #8
Mizuno
Undefined

I don't remember Sakon's Rashoumon to be that huge. Those three monstrosity Orochimaru summoned were like towers!

I think most of us still believes Sai has bad intentions, whatever it is. Unless Naruto becomes even more powerful, it looks like Sai doesn't have to do anything because Orochimaru currently has the upper hand.
Old 2006-02-16, 06:02   Link #9
Syaoran
Inactive Member

Not not with bad intentions Kenta; maybe Sai's to get Naruto out of that bad situation. If he has bad intention, now would be the moment to strike as Naruto is pinned to the ground.
Basically Root ANBU is there to protect Konoha, not destroy it.

Besides, he's observing and hiding atm... And Yamato is observing as well. There's not much they can do while these two are fighing.
Old 2006-02-16, 06:12   Link #10
Rachy
Disabled By Request

Orochimaru says that if that "black ball" of narutos hit him it'd kill him, i find that really dissapointing, i expected more from orochimaru.

Orochimaru sure has been impressive but i wonder, it hints narutos gonna grow another tail .... might get creepy >_<.

Im starting to think orochimaru is a joke compared to the 9 tails honestly.
Rachy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-16, 06:12   Link #11
Gattzu
Silent but Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syaoran
It's a rather short chapter... 2 moves during the fight ^^'

Those 3 gates Orochimaru made it' the kind of thing Sakon and Ukon summoned when fighting Kiba...
What does it actually do ? Suck in people or souls like that gate in the recent Bleach episodes ?

That black ball sure did vaporize all three of them ... what a powerful attack, but coming from Kyuubi, I hoped it would have been something special, instead of a high speed concentrated chakra Rasengan like move.

Looks like I'm right when I think of Orochimaru as a monster/demon as well...
The sword Orochimaru used to pin down Naruto on that rock, is that the true power of his Kusanagi ? O_o

Poor Naruto ... if that attack was his trumpcard, Orochimaru might kill him ... That's maybe where Sai or Yamato comes in ?
Wasebt there someone that posted that Kyuubi could use a shit load of more attacks (think it was a while back) creating genjutsus that would take the prey to another dimension/world?
Gattzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-16, 06:33   Link #12
Mizuno
Undefined

Sai's mission has something to do with Naruto all right, but I doubt it's saving him. Most likely to eliminate Naruto if he goes berserk like he is right now.

Btw, anyone, whoever it is, that takes that ball head-on without any kind of defense will instantly die or lose a few limbs. That is a high density formed shot, a super concentrated cannon. This is good right now, if Orochimaru took it head on and comes out unscathed, it would look even more like DBZ.
Old 2006-02-16, 07:23   Link #13
astayanax
Conspiracy Theorist

Are people still going to say crap how a 4 tailed Naruto is invincible? Or are they finally going to listen to the fact that Orochimaru can easily wipe the floor with him? Had been saying this for weeks, but people keep on looking for excuses. If the 4th can beat a 9 tailed Kyuubi, it would be retarded if people like Orochimaru can't beat a 4 tailed version.

Just as expected, Kusanagi came into the scene and just as expected, it wtfpowned Naruto in 1.

Quote:
The sword Orochimaru used to pin down Naruto on that rock, is that the true power of his Kusanagi ?
Not even close. Kusanagi is as powerful as Kyuubi itself in the demon stories, and is probably the only item capable of truly killing it. Now, I am not sure how closely Kishimoto is going to follow this, but so far he is doing a good job portraying it.

Now the question (still) is this. When is Akatsuki and/or Jiraiya going to save Naruto?
Old 2006-02-16, 07:27   Link #14
astayanax
Conspiracy Theorist

Quote:
Wasebt there someone that posted that Kyuubi could use a shit load of more attacks (think it was a while back) creating genjutsus that would take the prey to another dimension/world?
Thats the MS you are thinking about probably.
Old 2006-02-16, 07:32   Link #15
Rachy
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Are people still going to say crap how a 4 tailed Naruto is invincible? Or are they finally going to listen to the fact that Orochimaru can easily wipe the floor with him? Had been saying this for weeks, but people keep on looking for excuses. If the 4th can beat a 9 tailed Kyuubi, it would be retarded if people like Orochimaru can't beat a 4 tailed version.

Just as expected, Kusanagi came into the scene and just as expected, it wtfpowned Naruto in 1
The attack kyuu bi naruto done would of killed oro if it hit him, orochimaru is dissappointing really if 4 tails can do that to him.

Quote:
Not even close. Kusanagi is as powerful as Kyuubi itself in the demon stories, and is probably the only item capable of truly killing it. Now, I am not sure how closely Kishimoto is going to follow this, but so far he is doing a good job portraying it.
It not as powerful as kyuubi, didnt the 8 tails use kusanagi as well but still lost to kyuubi? ... the kyuu bi beat all the demons/artifacts.
Rachy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-16, 07:36   Link #16
Syaoran
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by astayanax

Now the question (still) is this. When is Akatsuki and/or Jiraiya going to save Naruto?
That might be an interesting evolution, but for what reason might Akatsuki try to save Naruto ? Not because they feel sorry for him.

Should it be possible, I can only imagine they do it to get their hands on Kyuubi and in the second place, maybe "train" or "teach" Naruto something so he can eliminate Orochimaru for Akatsuki and indirectly eliminate Sasuke as well.

But knowing Naruto's character, it seems unlikely he'll accept, even if they tell him it's to save Sasuke.

I don't see him teaming up with some of the hidden villages' mutual ennemy. He might be forced to do so but not by himself.
Old 2006-02-16, 07:36   Link #17
lotus_lee

Quote:
No, Yondiame never beat Kyuubi. He only just sealed him.

Quote:
Thats the MS you are thinking about probably.
No, in a slide from a previous chapter, KN did something with his eyes which spooked Orochimaru. That's when many fellow forumites started speculating about Kyuubi's own Genjutsu.
lotus_lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-16, 07:39   Link #18
astayanax
Conspiracy Theorist

Quote:
The attack kyuu bi naruto done would of killed oro if it hit him, orochimaru is dissappointing really if 4 tails can do that to him.
Well doh, Orochimaru is still human. I am not disputing the raw power of Naruto; but raw power is only one aspect of a character's strength.

Quote:
It not as powerful as kyuubi, didnt the 8 tails use kusanagi as well but still lost to kyuubi? ... the kyuu bi beat all the demons/artifacts.
The 8 tails didn't even begin to use the true powers of Kusanagi. It had realized this after the defeat and hence why it is looking for it again to retrieve the true powers. We have to bear some other things in mind as well:

- The 8 tails used to be the weakest demon.
- With an ounce of Kusanagi power, it easily crushed the other 7 demons and fought Kyuubi for well over a 100 years
Old 2006-02-16, 07:41   Link #19
astayanax
Conspiracy Theorist

Quote:
That might be an interesting evolution, but for what reason might Akatsuki try to save Naruto ? Not because they feel sorry for him.
Because if Naruto dies, Kyuubi is lost 'forever' (or at least a very long time).

Quote:
No, Yondiame never beat Kyuubi. He only just sealed him.
Which implied that he beated him. The 4th had Kyuubi's soul in his hand and could had done anything he wanted with it; which includes killing him. However, he wanted the village to have its own demon.
Old 2006-02-16, 07:47   Link #20
ri0

It was a draw... when do you people understand it. Yondaime died, Kyuubi lives. You need any more proof^^
ri0 is offline   Reply With Quote