Old 2009-08-30, 12:20   Link #243
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Since no one has said anything yet...

Spoiler for Episode 33:

And also...

Spoiler for Episode 34 Preview:

Last edited by BBOvenGuy; 2009-08-30 at 15:24.
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-30, 12:56   Link #244
Miles Teg

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBOvenGuy View Post
Since no one has said anything yet...
Since episodes 31 watching the raws we can have a basic understanding of what is happening on screen but everything plot related is completely hidden from us. So it's better to wait for the sub before commenting on the episodes
Miles Teg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-30, 13:05   Link #245
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles Teg View Post
Since episodes 31 watching the raws we can have a basic understanding of what is happening on screen but everything plot related is completely hidden from us. So it's better to wait for the sub before commenting on the episodes
Aww... but making totally random guesses can be fun!
Old 2009-08-30, 14:53   Link #246
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Aww... but making totally random guesses can be fun!
Ok, there was at least one thing I understood.
Spoiler:
Old 2009-08-30, 15:37   Link #247
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Ok, there was at least one thing I understood.
Spoiler:
So what you're saying is...

Spoiler for Episode 33:
Old 2009-08-30, 16:17   Link #248
Kazu-kun

Quote:
So what you're saying is...

Spoiler for Episode 33:
Something like that...
Spoiler:
Old 2009-09-01, 14:03   Link #249
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Thumbs up Oh my goodness (again)

Episode 31 sets so many firsts in the series, and takes it in such a radically new direction, that I'm truly saddened, for the first time, that more people aren't paying attention to this gem of the year.
Spoiler for Episode 31:
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-01, 15:01   Link #250
signorRossi

Is the new OP sung by Chitose Hajime? The style of singing reminds me of her...
signorRossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-01, 15:09   Link #251
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Quote:
Originally Posted by signorRossi View Post
Is the new OP sung by Chitose Hajime? The style of singing reminds me of her...
Bingo (and confirmed by Xcomp in his blog). She's the first person I thought of, too, when I heard the remixed song. I'll never forget her moving rendition of Kataritsugu koto from Blood+.
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-01, 18:40   Link #252
LordCalgar1984

Amazing, is my only way to describe episode 31.
LordCalgar1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-01, 21:33   Link #253
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Holy crap, that last sequence of ep 31 is easily one of the best I have ever seen in all of the time I've been watching anime, across the +400 series I've seen. Really, really, masterfully done. As a series Erin is not without of faults, but I was as awed as our poison teacher during that segment.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-02, 00:12   Link #254
silverwolf0

Yay for Lilan flying! What I didn't like was the repeat flying scenes. What I do like was the sparkly stuff and the cool space hyperjump look. What needs improvement is Kiriku's face as he looks younger than Erin. The whole camera panning around to his face was pretty cheesy looking too.

This ep makes up for the lackluster vibe of 27-30. I think the opening looks really great too, if you replaced the opening song with the old one. Didn't SS say something about a sake drunk taught by strangled cats? I concur.

The producers and NHK are also setting up the show as an educational program for detecting child predators.

Last edited by silverwolf0; 2009-09-02 at 00:23.
silverwolf0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-02, 00:44   Link #255
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Hey, those were some beautiful female falsetto's, you don't see that style much in Anime nowadays (last time I remember hearing it was in Hitohira's ending) and as a lover of that singing resource I am pleased by the vocal selection.

BTW, I apprecciated 27-29 as excellent character development episodes, and I don't consider them to be lackluster. Well then again, that is an opinion as well.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-02, 01:56   Link #256
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

The final moments of the latest episode re-showed too much footage for me to agree that it's the best visuals in anime, though the scene itself was pretty moving. 30 episodes of buildup..

I just wish the repeat-shots (some certain scenes repeated like 4 times in a row..) didn't happen, but very nice.

Sorta weird that the awkward, geeky, cheeky kid in Erin is becoming a Shonen-manga heroine type. But I'm not complaining.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-03, 18:37   Link #257
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Yeah besides the repeated shots 31 was a great episode. You just knew that sooner or later Lilan would be taking to the sky. I guess the good old approach of putting one in danger to learn a skill paid off. I mean toss people into the ocean to learn how to swim, jump off a cliff to learn how to fly . Luckily it worked or it would have been an odd way to finish the episode.

Once again get that Uncle advertising "hey I'm a villlain". Yeah I'd expect a guy like him loves to manipulate things and look down on others.

Evil teacher (who cares about his name ) still leaves me worried. I mean the guy goes around poisoning people. Maybe they can kill him and have the two goofballs bury him in the back somewhere?
Old 2009-09-03, 20:35   Link #258
rabbitking

Episode 31 just made me want to stop watching this series. I was hoping they really wouldn't have Erin flying on the Lilan's back, but in hoping I kind of expected it. It reminded me that this show is a sucky family anime, and children watching it must have been put in a state of awe. It would've been awesome if Lilan had crashed into the sea and broke a wing.
rabbitking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-03, 21:28   Link #259
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitking View Post
It would've been awesome if Lilan had crashed into the sea and broke a wing.
If that's what you're looking for, then yes, you're more likely to find it elsewhere. Best of luck to you. But what took you 31 episodes to realize that?
Old 2009-09-03, 21:55   Link #260
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitking View Post
Episode 31 just made me want to stop watching this series. I was hoping they really wouldn't have Erin flying on the Lilan's back, but in hoping I kind of expected it. It reminded me that this show is a sucky family anime, and children watching it must have been put in a state of awe. It would've been awesome if Lilan had crashed into the sea and broke a wing.
It was pretty clear that KnS was targeting a younger audience from the very first episode, and if you managed to make it to the 31st episode that fact must have been obvious at this point.

Personally, I thought that Lilan's first flight was among the shows best scenes thus far (and that is saying a lot, considering that this show is filled with them). Aside from the recycled scenes, my only other nitpick is that I wished they went with another remix version of Shizuku like they did in episode 29. Other than that small complaint, I loved every bit from what was presented. Brilliant stuff.

As for the Family/Children's show thing, I always thought that it was a ridiculous reason to stop watching. Yes, it is a series aimed at kids, and I don't see that as any reason for giving it a minus for doing so. It is a well-written, has some really good themes that I don't find ridicules or rehashed and does not insult the intelligence of its viewers which allows viewers from all ages to enjoy it to enjoy it. I honestly wish there were more animes were like KnS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Evil teacher (who cares about his name ) still leaves me worried. I mean the guy goes around poisoning people. Maybe they can kill him and have the two goofballs bury him in the back somewhere?
While he did manage to set up his creepy teacher image nicely during the episode, I thought that from the moment he envisioned Erin as his sister, he lost some of his threatening aura and already set for a good-guy/redemption ending. Not that I think he will be automatically be a better person or stops from trying to rat out Erin secret mind you.

Tags
fantasy, production i.g.