Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2009-10-07, 10:39   Link #141
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mueti View Post
How does that anything to do with one another? I play almost exclusively with RL-friends and we'll all be getting the game within the first few days of the release.
Well, I guess he meant that he will be checking out the game with his buddies in LAN shops, while waiting for the price to drop.
Old 2009-10-08, 08:02   Link #142
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

News for Left4dead 2.

They made a mode : Scavenger .
You are survivor or infected .
Survivor : You have to get 16 fuels to fill a machine .
Infected : You have to stop them .
There is also the time .

News :

http://www.l4dmods.com/index.php?opt...news&Itemid=13

Here some trailer :

http://uk.media.xbox360.ign.com/medi...41/vids_1.html

Not surprising for me , well , at least finally they made a mode .

Another mode "Realism Mode"

In one word its for "Hardcore" players .

Last edited by -Sho-; 2009-10-09 at 08:45.
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-10, 22:29   Link #143
plmko

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
News for Left4dead 2.

They made a mode : Scavenger .
You are survivor or infected .
Survivor : You have to get 16 fuels to fill a machine .
Infected : You have to stop them .
There is also the time .

News :

Here some trailer :

http://uk.media.xbox360.ign.com/medi...41/vids_1.html

Not surprising for me , well , at least finally they made a mode .

All the new modes in L4D2 sound crappy, especially scavenger mode. Realism mode doesn't really work either, because the whole concept of dismemberment to kill a zombie is for zombies (this means slow moaning undead), L4D uses rabies filled fast moving infected (which arn't technically zombies).

Overall L4D2 is not as glamorous as the original, but for the price of $35USD, who could resist?
plmko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-11, 19:25   Link #144
EoT
~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by plmko View Post
All the new modes in L4D2 sound crappy, especially scavenger mode. Realism mode doesn't really work either, because the whole concept of dismemberment to kill a zombie is for zombies (this means slow moaning undead), L4D uses rabies filled fast moving infected (which arn't technically zombies).

Overall L4D2 is not as glamorous as the original, but for the price of $35USD, who could resist?
Isn't it $49 USD?
EoT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-12, 01:03   Link #145
Mueti
あ!

Send a message via ICQ to Mueti
Quote:

"All the new modes, especially scavenger" is exactly one new mode: scavenger. And it sounds awesome, mind you. What do you dislike about the concept? To me it sounds like fast and frenetic action which forces the survivors to split up for a bit in order to get a good score.
And I wish Valve wouldn't have called the new difficulty "realism" as people tend to get hung up on that word and think the mode will supposed to be realistic. It's just going to be more difficult than expert, that's all.

All in all, the more that is revealed, the more I believe that L4D2 will probably be my favorite multiplayer-game ever. All major faults which prevented the first game from taking that spot will be fixed and we're getting a whole lot of new content. I can't wait!
Old 2009-10-12, 03:42   Link #146
Gin
*Artist

I'm just glad that they are keeping all the old special infected in the game. Its going too add a lot more variety to versus matches
Old 2009-10-12, 08:13   Link #147
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

One thing :

If they add the electric guitar, why didn't they add the electric bass, drumsticks or keyboard? A Korg Triton Extreme would have made an excellent weapon.

And there should be a SDK for people who want to rewire weapon meshes to look cool their way.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-12, 13:47   Link #148
Tamad
デゲソ!! ( ・_・)ノ

The achievements have been revealed.

I agree with Mueti when he says that it's shaping up to be his favorite multiplayer game ever. My only complaint is that there won't seem to be the option to play as the original four survivors. I know it wouldn't make any sense story-wise, but I just can't imagine playing Left 4 Dead without Louis.

Oh, and the fact that they really did decide to make a female Boomer is kind of scary too.

Quote:
I was complaining because for me its seems more a Left4dead 1.5 . Well , you should have heard some echoes etc .... i won't describe .

Actually , if you pre-orders in Steam , you get -10% for the price . So instead of 49.99 $ (or € yeah i know with the conversion , they don't give a damn for EU ). , its 44.99 $ (€) and you'll be able to play the demo before the others who didn't pre-orders and you'll get an exclusive american's baseball .
Well , i feared that there'll be less players in this opus but after watching all the pre-orders , ow .. they should prepare a lot of servers not like the first opus .
Honestly, I think you're just in a state of denial, because that's the only plausible way I can describe your strange attitude and behavior. I found the protest against Left 4 Dead 2 silly from the get go, but they've already proven without a shadow of a doubt that Left 4 Dead 2 has more than enough content to justify itself as a sequel rather than just an "expansion pack". Besides, Valve did say that they plan to continue updating the original Left 4 Dead along with Left 4 Dead 2, so if you really are unsatisfied with the idea of the sequel, then no one is stopping you from staying with the original... yet then you go and say that you'll buy the sequel anyways. I am curious as to you what you think can be defined as a sequel, rather than just Left 4 Dead 1.5 though.

Besides, unless you're planning on getting both the PC and 360 version like myself, then I don't think there's any room to complain money-wise.

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mueti View Post
And I wish Valve wouldn't have called the new difficulty "realism" as people tend to get hung up on that word and think the mode will supposed to be realistic. It's just going to be more difficult than expert, that's all.
I really like the idea of Realism mode, especially since it seems to be a separate option that you can toggle on or off along with the difficulty of your choice. I'm expecting more obviously realistic changes to the game elements when it's on, such as a the removal of a three strikes and you're out incapacitation system when you run out of health, and replace it with just death after you run out of health once.

Quote:
Personally, I like the idea of Scavenger mode more so than I did Survival mode at least. I like the whole general idea of getting rid of sitting in a corner and spamming/glitching your way to victory that Valve is seemingly trying to take with this game (changes to the finales and now the addition of this new mode). A major improvement, in my opinion, and it sounds a lot more fun.
Old 2009-10-13, 07:22   Link #149
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

News for the Achievements Left4dead2 .

2 last campaigns confirmed .
Hard Rain and Dead Center .
Here posters .

"Survive a campaign on Expert skill with Realism mode enabled"
I think it'll be very hard with a lot of try , dead and hours .

"Finish a campaign using only melee weapons"
Oh god , hard achievements lol specially when you encouter Tank and Smoker .
Well , maybe it'll be fine on easy .

"Kill a tank with melee weapons"
All on him XD it can be hilarious with friends trying to kill him .

"Revive 10 survivors with the défribillator"
New item who can revive survivor ow .

"Collect 10 vials of Boomer vomit from infected CEDA agents you have killed"
lol?

"Honk the noses of 10 clowns"
Ahah

"Prove you are faster than Moustachio"
"Prove you are stronger than Moustachio"
Don't know who is it .

"Rescue Gnome Chompski from the Carnival"
Seems that there'll be some missions .
Old 2009-10-13, 13:31   Link #150
Tamad
デゲソ!! ( ・_・)ノ

I see that my link to the achievements have been completely ignored in my previous post.
Old 2009-10-13, 14:44   Link #151
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Oh my bad , i didn't saw it .

Here a link for a comparison between Left4dead 1 and 2 .

http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/100/1002529p1.html
Old 2009-10-13, 17:18   Link #152
Psypher

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
One thing :

If they add the electric guitar, why didn't they add the electric bass, drumsticks or keyboard? A Korg Triton Extreme would have made an excellent weapon.
Imo, a Survivor band type thing like that would be pretty amusing. Maybe one day...
Psypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-13, 18:14   Link #153
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

He's probably thinking of K-On X L4D. Ritsu with a shotgun gets my vote, and Azusa with a Molotov is priceless.
Old 2009-10-15, 18:22   Link #154
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

More details about Left4dead 2 demo .

You know that people who pre-order the game can access to the demo on 27th october .
Those who don't on the 3 november . (10 november for xbox live members lol )

The campaign is Parish .
There'll be the news infected , zombies , weapons and all the melee weapons .
And playable on local or internet .

News Intro for Left4dead 2 .

http://www.l4dmods.com/index.php?opt...ntro-cinematic

More epic than the first .
DEMO SOON !
GAME SOON !

Last edited by -Sho-; 2009-10-22 at 16:15.
Old 2009-10-23, 05:50   Link #155
Mueti
あ!

Send a message via ICQ to Mueti
Since you only edited some people might miss it - so I'll bump and say that the trailer is just absolutely awesome.
Old 2009-10-23, 13:31   Link #156
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

News videos who introduce the new campaign "Hard Rain"
Seems good with a dark atmosphere .
The videos introduce the use of the bile bomb and the chainsaw .
So you can use the bile bomb on the tank then the horde will attack him .

Edit .

You can now dowload the demo .

Last edited by -Sho-; 2009-10-24 at 06:29.
Old 2009-10-25, 02:33   Link #157
plmko

Watching the prerender intro video made me realise that this game all about content, and not based on what made the original so good: methodological combat that each have weaknesses and perks.

Specifically I want to bring up, that at the end of the trailer you will see the mechanic dude holding what can only be described as a LAW (rocket launcher). Now how can this game fix the whole "tanks are pathetic as tanks" issue the first game had if you have a launcher that can either potentially 1-hit KO or stumble the tank leaving shotties to ravaged it.

Unrelated to what I just said, Hard Rain seems lame, not going to spoil what its about, but lets just say it involves a bit of deja vu. So technically there really is 4.5 campaigns rather than the advertised 5.

Edit: Just realised its a M79 granade laucher, but same thing applies.

Last edited by plmko; 2009-10-25 at 03:58.
plmko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-25, 04:51   Link #158
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
He's probably thinking of K-On X L4D. Ritsu with a shotgun gets my vote, and Azusa with a Molotov is priceless.
Mugi should be getting a cake to throw. One hit kill on any monster it hits.

Quote:
"Survive a campaign on Expert skill with Realism mode enabled"
I think it'll be very hard with a lot of try , dead and hours .
It takes alot of teamwork and patience to inch through every area. One way would be to sit near an ammo dump and keep putting down fire, then subsequently luring enemies to that ammo dump and repeating.

Quote:
"Finish a campaign using only melee weapons"
Oh god , hard achievements lol specially when you encouter Tank and Smoker .
Well , maybe it'll be fine on easy .
Ever heard of RUN? I once played a match with a couple of girls. My friend died defending his girlfriend (who got squashed anyway), and her best friend and I just ran all the way to a safehouse with a smoker and tank hot on our tail.

Quote:
"Kill a tank with melee weapons"
All on him XD it can be hilarious with friends trying to kill him .
If the special melee weapons do extra damage, I don't see why not. "Look that tank is alone! GET HIM!"

Quote:
"Revive 10 survivors with the défribillator"
New item who can revive survivor ow .
Well with all the new challenges and mods, I think it is needed. Otherwise it would be impossible to complete a few games.

Quote:
"Collect 10 vials of Boomer vomit from infected CEDA agents you have killed"
lol?
Can we use them as bombs?

Quote:
"Honk the noses of 10 clowns"
Ahah
I forsee someone making a map with Ronald Mcdonald zombies.

Quote:
"Prove you are faster than Moustachio"
"Prove you are stronger than Moustachio"
Don't know who is it .
Probably someone you have to chase throughout a stage. Something easy, like catch him and beat the heck out of him.

Quote:
"Rescue Gnome Chompski from the Carnival"
Seems that there'll be some missions .
Wait, so there is a funfair map?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-25, 10:00   Link #159
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Just saw the new L4D 2 trailer and it is a must buy on my list, I always find it funny to see the stereotypical black coach and black girl especially because most of the time it is true and they say the funniest things sometimes. Like Louis in the 1st L4D "DO I LOOK LIKE ONE OF THEM?!"

Why isnt there a L4D 2 thread?

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Cub-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-25, 15:03   Link #160
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post

Can we use them as bombs?

Probably someone you have to chase throughout a stage. Something easy, like catch him and beat the heck out of him.

Wait, so there is a funfair map?
- Well , in one of the latest videos , they showed a survivor who throws a bile bomb who is boomer's vomit on the Tank . Then , the horde will attack him .
In my opinion , this item will make easier to kill the tank . Horde on him , he'll be busy to kill them , and you shoot all on him then end .

- Maybe yes .

- Dunno , don't know more about it .

- Well , you can talk about L4D 2 in this thread too .

Tags
fps, valve, windows, xbox360, zombie