AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2003-11-05, 03:56   Link #1
Durandal
Insane AI

Send a message via AIM to Durandal
Watch Maburaho!

It's funny, no seriously. It is. Since my post got wiped out, I'm gonna have to recommend it again to everyone. So watch it! Or I'll eat your kitty!
Old 2003-11-05, 06:08   Link #2
Gen B

yeah, i know. i'm usually the serious anime person and i try to stay away from overused formulas like many-girls-go-after-one-guy. but i think (so far) that maburaho is not only funny, but interesting as well (good concept, story).
Old 2003-11-05, 06:55   Link #3
[Titan]
Tenshi

I already made up my mind after trying the first eps, I'm definately going to watch this ^^ The one-guy-many-girls thing is a recycled concept, but never gets old IMO ^^ Plus this one might actually have a somewhat decent storyline, witht the interesting concept of the guy only being able to use magic 8 times before he dies.

So, you guys think he'll die before the end of the series or not?
Old 2003-11-05, 07:23   Link #4
frowndog
Poof... time warp

I'm actually thinking that he'll get into a situation (read: mortal danger to himself or yuna) and be forced to use that last magic point.

He probably won't die though, something about his latent magic powers and/or the power of love.

Either way, this is a very good anime and it deviates enough from the tired one guy/lotsa girls formula to be interesting. I'm definitely gonna be watching
Old 2003-11-05, 13:57   Link #5
Danny Boy

Looks good so far. It's quite formulaic but it's interesting enough to get one's attention. The third episode, though, wasn't as good as the first two. I hope it gets better.
Old 2003-11-05, 14:40   Link #6
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!

Send a message via AIM to hobobaggins
yeah the 3rd ep sucked. i think that the underclassman SHOULD actually flirt with him or try and kill him. one or the other. this "i am going to kill you" then ... not doing anything thing is annoying.

yeah. too bad the main characters dont have to live together anymore.
Old 2003-11-05, 20:09   Link #7
Durandal
Insane AI

Send a message via AIM to Durandal
Quote:
Originally Posted by hobobaggins
yeah the 3rd ep sucked. i think that the underclassman SHOULD actually flirt with him or try and kill him. one or the other. this "i am going to kill you" then ... not doing anything thing is annoying.

yeah. too bad the main characters dont have to live together anymore.
Well now everyone is living together... just not in the same room. All the girls are just down the hall, instead of in a different building.
Old 2003-11-05, 20:22   Link #8
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

This thread has turned into a whole discussion so I'm moving this to the Fansubs Forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobobaggins
I think you need to consider her feelings. She wants him dead (to save herself), but she's not willing to take the final step and become a murderer. Since she isn't willing to murder someone, even to prevent such a horrible fate for herself, she's hoping that her threats will serve the purpose of keeping him getting too close to her. After all, if he wanted to marry her, her family would give her to him.... yuck!

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2003-11-05, 20:33   Link #9
Wandering A.I.
エッチだ! しかたない

>So, you guys think he'll die before the end of the series or not?

Well just copying and pasting from my copy of the old boards...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baka Sil Eighty
If i remember correctly i read an article in New-Type magazine that
Spoiler:
correct me if im wrong PLz dont wanna put out false info.
It does sound interesting if that happens. I kinda enjoy the current way things are going too, though. I found Rin working at construction - well demolition - hilarious.
Old 2003-11-05, 20:48   Link #10
Akiace

Wandering A.I., I think your spolier...is true. I saw it on another site as well. I'm sure there's much to look forward to in this series!

Edited: just saw that A-Keep has joined in the fun. Now we have some competition.
Old 2003-11-05, 20:57   Link #11
brightman
Ancient Member

Spoiler:

Anyway, whatever it is that will happen, this series has certainly entertained me so far (then again I can say that for the majority of the shows I'm watching right now)... So hopefully it'll continue to do so.
Old 2003-11-05, 21:07   Link #12
ZGMF-10A

lol brightman you really live in Antarctica..

ok back on topic..... this kinda reminds of Harry Pothead... but i think Mr.Pothead is gay with Ronald Mcdonald.... or whatever his name is..... but other then that this anime is totally different..... i like the echii.....
Old 2003-11-05, 21:16   Link #13
straw
(9 '')9 yami yami (9 '')9

Send a message via ICQ to straw
ah this anime is so cute, i really gonna love this serie and watch it completly
Old 2003-11-05, 21:17   Link #14
Sabin

Send a message via ICQ to Sabin Send a message via AIM to Sabin
I am definetly planning on watching this one. It has a Love Hina with magic feel to it that i love. The childhood promise only adds to the similarities.
Old 2003-11-05, 21:17   Link #15
Paiser

Negetive!

Just watched all 3EP great series... and hofully it they Yuna, Kazuki end up with each other in the middle of the series or something.... (sucks when they end up AT THE END!!!) Some one said somthing about the MANGA series, that he dont turn into ashes... but just lies around.... looking dead...^^LOL
Old 2003-11-05, 21:51   Link #16
Tea Pad
Earth Died Screaming

Seems that I'm in the minority as one who doesn't really like this series. I gave it a fair try and chuckled a bit here and there, but ultimately I find myself getting bored with it. It really is just the same gag repeated over and over in every episode (the three that I've seen, anyway).

Zuh.
Old 2003-11-05, 23:37   Link #17
|Aion|
Hajime

Send a message via AIM to |Aion| Send a message via Yahoo to |Aion|
Well,im likeing it but im just wondering.
Spoiler is from episode 4
Spoiler:

This will be my Green Green replacement series.Which should be ending soon,hopefully!
Old 2003-11-05, 23:41   Link #18
::faze
<3 Scrapped Princess

I think it's been alright so far, nothing terribly interesting in the first 3 eps. I really liked the 1st ep, but the last 2 have been less enjoyable. It's still early, and even though I didn't enjoy the last 2 eps much, there are still things to enjoy about it so I'm definately gonna stick with it, at least so far.
Old 2003-11-06, 00:24   Link #19
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
This thread has turned into a whole discussion so I'm moving this to the Fansubs Forum.

I think you need to consider her feelings. She wants him dead (to save herself), but she's not willing to take the final step and become a murderer. Since she isn't willing to murder someone, even to prevent such a horrible fate for herself, she's hoping that her threats will serve the purpose of keeping him getting too close to her. After all, if he wanted to marry her, her family would give her to him.... yuck!
haha...nothing complicated, that's for sure...this will serve its puropose of being the comic relief to the Kimiga Nozomu Eien veiwers...
Old 2003-11-06, 01:11   Link #20
hisoka
Inactive Member

so why can't he just have sex with all the females? If that's one advantage to being a male that is it..
Closed Thread

Tags
comedy, fantasy, harem, shounen