AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Majutsu no Index II - Episode 24 Rating
Perfect 10 29 29.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 19 19.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 24 24.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 13 13.00%
6 out of 10 : Average 8 8.00%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 2.00%
4 out of 10 : Poor 3 3.00%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 2.00%
Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2011-04-02, 16:08   Link #101
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Well Touma's actual fight could've been handled better but I rather liked this episode even if it did feel a little rushed. It hints at a lot of underground currents and a deeper mystery that I like about this series. Plus Accelerator is just a far more interesting character than Touma. If the series keeps giving him equal screentime then I will be able to enjoy is a lot more.

I don't like how Misaka's mom just decided that it's okay for her daughter to remain in a city that's about to enter war just because of Touma. That just seems a little much to me. Plus the fact that Touma is also a Level 0 is rather focal to his point and that's a little ambiguous. I mean, i can believe he can still be classified a another Level 0 that's been through the same hardships but it's something that ought to have been elaborated on considering his Imagine Breaker has been very useful for him, and unlike the Skillouts like the leader, they obtained weapons to combat that discrimination whilst Touma didn't and has had it the entire time. The only bit of discrimination we've seen Touma encounter is at the start of season one and that was played for laughs. I would've rather liked Saten to beat the crap out of that guy instead of Touma. She could use her bat of justice...
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-02, 17:28   Link #102
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Touma may have Imagine Breaker, but in the eyes of society he's a delinquent, which puts him in the same situation as any member of Skill-Out. So what if he has this special power, people still treat him as bad student. He has gain no special favors for having that power so essentially he is a Level 0.

Then you would say 'but he can protect himself using this power!', but isn't that the point of Skill-Out? The so-called armed group of Level 0s that can take on Espers? They have guns and various weapons, essentially they have 'power'.
My only problem with this is that Touma has chosen to live like that. He's hiding his ability. At any time he could come out and show his ability and wouldn't be seen as just another level 0. There just seems to be something ridiculous with putting himself on the same level as people who are desperately trying to find an ability. Plus there are plenty of people who don't treat him as a level 0 because they know perfectly well he isn't someone without any ability.

Might not be making a coherent point and might be jumping all over the place here. But in the end just saying I think Touma's speech this time was ridiculous. The general society treatment might be similar, but the fact that it's by Touma's choice makes it different.
Old 2011-04-02, 18:54   Link #103
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
For the record, where would you put him on the scale?

If anything he's anti-esper/magician. I don't think it'd be appropiate to place him anywhere on the scale.

From lvl 1 - 5 they can perform feats that would be considered impossible or supernatural but it means nothing against him. It's like he's bringing them back to being a regular human being. Since he focuses a lot on street fighting that puts his fighting skill above them.

So in other words, people like Kihara would completely decimate him in a one-on-one fight. Against a nigh-invincible guy like Accelator it would be an almost unfair fight.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-02, 20:02   Link #104
outerelf

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
My only problem with this is that Touma has chosen to live like that. He's hiding his ability. At any time he could come out and show his ability and wouldn't be seen as just another level 0. There just seems to be something ridiculous with putting himself on the same level as people who are desperately trying to find an ability. Plus there are plenty of people who don't treat him as a level 0 because they know perfectly well he isn't someone without any ability.

Might not be making a coherent point and might be jumping all over the place here. But in the end just saying I think Touma's speech this time was ridiculous. The general society treatment might be similar, but the fact that it's by Touma's choice makes it different.
But the problem is, he can't control his power. If someone wants to heal him, then it's automatically broken. Touma can't turn off his power, or spread it to his entire body. It can't be developed by the Parameter List, nor is it defined by the Bank.

Yes, he can stop an unordinary attack, but he can't stop an ordinary one. In all definitions, he is technically a level zero.

At most he could be bumped up to level one. Level two and above are absolutely not until he gains more control over his power. Level fives can take out entire armies- Touma has problems with just two to three delinquents.

Besides, it's less of his choice then it is Aleister's choice if you think about it. Do you honestly think Aleister is gonna let his biggest ace in the hole reveal his power to the world at large?
outerelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-02, 21:39   Link #105
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post

Lets clear up one thing; Skill-Out are not a group of people desperately searching for abilities, the fact that they've given up on school means that they've accepted the fate of being a Level 0. So yes, in a sense, it's THEIR CHOICE to live this kind of life because like Touma said, not all Level 0s are like that, most of them are students still trying to work hard. And even if you never developed power, you still need an education for a job.

Skill-Out chose to throw that all away.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-02, 22:49   Link #106
eiyuu99

Touma is hiding his ability as much as telling a certain sister about his right hand on the first day they met.
eiyuu99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-02, 23:21   Link #107
DorkingtonPugsly

I liked this episode a lot. It didn't feel rushed to me, I think it was at an okay pace. It's too bad season 3 might not air for a long time... ugh. I also wish they animated perfectly like they did in this episode. This time like a couple of other episodes the quality was top notch. I Loved how they brought back "gensou goroshi" from the first ever OST. I love that bgm and I thought it fit perfectly in the fight with touma and shiage. Since this last episode has finally aired, does anyone know the release date for the 2nd OST? I know this may not be directly related to episode 24, but I was just wondering.
Old 2011-04-02, 23:24   Link #108
SuzushinaYuriko
SHSL Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlmaKarma View Post
I liked this episode a lot. It didn't feel rushed to me, I think it was at an okay pace. It's too bad season 3 might not air for a long time... ugh. I also wish they animated perfectly like they did in this episode. This time like a couple of other episodes the quality was top notch. I Loved how they brought back "gensou goroshi" from the first ever OST. I love that bgm and I thought it fit perfectly in the fight with touma and shiage. Since this last episode has finally aired, does anyone know the release date for the 2nd OST? I know this may not be directly related to episode 24, but I was just wondering.
May 25th, I think. Also, it wasn't Gensou Goroshi that played, it was the more hyped up remix of it called "Break Through".
Old 2011-04-03, 03:19   Link #109
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by eiyuu99 View Post
Touma is hiding his ability as much as telling a certain sister about his right hand on the first day they met.
-_- ................ right.

And the sister was also kind to tell to the boy that feed him about another secret of the world. Magic. And telling it to the boy of science side.

Magic and science sure are not secretive.
Old 2011-04-03, 04:43   Link #110
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
poor Accelerator, he got a milf in his harem....
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-03, 04:54   Link #111
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
-_- ................ right.

And the sister was also kind to tell to the boy that feed him about another secret of the world. Magic. And telling it to the boy of science side.

Magic and science sure are not secretive.
What's the point? Nobody ever believes them.
Old 2011-04-03, 05:15   Link #112
eiyuu99

It only takes the boy to strip a certain sister before they believed one another.
eiyuu99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-03, 10:01   Link #113
Squire James

I'm pretty sure the whole level system is tied in with the schools and their tests, and they appear to be totally unaware of Touma's power. Crowley and Frog Face are both clearly aware of his power, and both are willing to keep his power a secret. Crowley clearly wants to use him, and Frog Face respects his privacy. The reasons Touma is keeping it a secret is somewhat of a mystery - most students would have gladly proclaimed any power they possess very early in the process. There is so little detail on pre-Index Touma to work with here.

If we use the Railgun anime's scale of power usage, Touma would be in the database as level 0*, with a footnote like "except when he's beating up Level 5's".
Squire James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-03, 11:24   Link #114
DorkingtonPugsly

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukirosuzuka View Post
May 25th, I think. Also, it wasn't Gensou Goroshi that played, it was the more hyped up remix of it called "Break Through".
Oh thanks for that. Sucks to have to wait over a month for that. Oh well. But I have both break through and gensou goroshi... and I'm pretty sure that they used gensou goroshi. I've watched that scene over and over(cuz it's cool) and gensou goroshi has the guitar play melody then the piano. There's no piano in break through. But yeah... correct me if I'm wrong but I think it was definitely gensou goroshi.
Old 2011-04-03, 15:41   Link #115
SuzushinaYuriko
SHSL Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlmaKarma View Post
Oh thanks for that. Sucks to have to wait over a month for that. Oh well. But I have both break through and gensou goroshi... and I'm pretty sure that they used gensou goroshi. I've watched that scene over and over(cuz it's cool) and gensou goroshi has the guitar play melody then the piano. There's no piano in break through. But yeah... correct me if I'm wrong but I think it was definitely gensou goroshi.
Oh wait, my mistake. I somehow missed the beginning part that mainly separates Gensou Goroshi from Break Through.
Old 2011-04-03, 16:13   Link #116
Frizo
Say what?

It was great, Accelerator kicked some major ass, and I can't wait for season 3.
I want to see what Tatemeia will be able to do to help them, seeing he can't really use magic and his esper ability is only Auto-rebirth. Suicide bomber?
Frizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-03, 17:29   Link #117
tsunade666

I think you meant Tsuchimikado.

Well Tsuchimikado doesn't need to rely on his magic if he uses a gun and a skilled fighter. Unlike Touma who's more like a thug. Tsuchimikado is a martial art expert.
Old 2011-04-03, 21:27   Link #118
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Well Tsuchimikado CAN use magic, in fact he's the only character that uses magic and a gun.

But his magic is like 'blood magic', if you get the referrence, minus the allpowerfulness and the cheaper casting.
Old 2011-04-04, 06:49   Link #119
Zakoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
What's the point? Nobody ever believes them.
Yep that's it, Touma did say to Misaka and Kuroko that his right hand stops esper power, but they didn't react huh. Or more like they reacted for the fact he entered Mikoto's room.
Zakoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-04, 09:04   Link #120
Aqua Knight

Overall good episode,but I am tired of Touma shouting " SMASH THAT ILLUSION OF YOURS!!!" to everyone even to people without any magic/esper abilities. I understand that he means the morality and his enemy's worldview, but it's sounds awful when he uses this phrase too much.

Accelerator owns the show together with some oppai. And Index again biting Touma at the end,well, not very entertaining. I mean again she bit him for nothing or just cuz he said he was lucky??

Tags
final episode thread