AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-01-11, 03:07   Link #21
Izura

im surprised to see ppl who actually like Fallout, it migth be oldie, but is really a great game, maybe thats the magic, the other first person view games are the most similiar each other, i dont like them so much cuz game is not based on storyline but on graphics, and i agree with command and conquer saga, really funny....
Old 2006-01-11, 12:31   Link #22
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Marvel vs Capcom 2.....I'm just a big fan of 2D fighters.

Don't give me that button mash crap, cause if you can't get around button mashers yourself, then my friend, don't call them a n00b for button mashing, cause if you can't beat them...then what does that make you since you lost to a n00b?
Old 2006-01-11, 14:06   Link #23
kaply

Starcon 2 (Star Control)

Great storyline, great exploration, just enough micro management to keep the game fun but not exhausting, and most of all, extremely memorable characters. Of course this was all way back then for it's time. I doubt I would play the game again now though.
Old 2006-01-11, 21:35   Link #24
mantidor
the Iniquitous

Send a message via Yahoo to mantidor
Ill also give a vot for the Thief Series, it was mindblowing.

Along that awesome game series, Ill also put the Homeworld series and City Building in general, specially Pharaoh, those are astounding games, and I play them constantly.
Old 2006-01-11, 22:51   Link #25
Cinos

Metroid Prime
Old 2006-02-06, 16:33   Link #26
Remittance Man

Location: I live in the ruins of Gill's fortress. You'll see me there with Ryu...
Send a message via AIM to Remittance Man
Quote:
Originally Posted by あああ
Diablo and Starcraft - I wasted so many hours of my life clicking like a madman.
Morrowind - There is so much to do in one little single player game.Halo: Combat Evolved - Legendary mode is too much fun.
Haiiii! Morrowind is my FAVORITE GAME EVER! Have you ever done Ahnassi's quests? She's...so...CUTE!!!!
Old 2006-02-08, 13:15   Link #27
Final

God of War is the best consol game I've played since the Dreamcast was still in the loop.
World of Warcraft however is my obsession.
Old 2006-02-10, 22:13   Link #28
shikamarufoo

Halo 2 is one of my favs. but it's campaign sucks and God of War is definetly one of the best games I've played for the ps2.
Old 2006-02-11, 02:03   Link #29
Wakoeme
spring time of life

Send a message via AIM to Wakoeme
id have to say either the Prince of Persia series or Asheron's call.
Old 2006-02-11, 02:20   Link #30
sayde

Jak3 followed closely behind GoW.

But on the whole, I think NA companies suck at making video games. I also dislike Rockstar with an absolute passion.
Old 2006-02-11, 11:25   Link #31
SlugZilla
woofles

I gotta say Goldeneye and Command and Conquer(& Red Alert) is one of the best games I've ever played.
Old 2006-02-11, 23:07   Link #32
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Volition's Freespace 2, best sci fi flight sim, excellent voice acting, good stories, great atmosphere.

Nothing beats flying thru a nebula, watching your HUD go crazy over the EM interference only to ran into a Shivan Satanas class battleship. Wish the sci fi flight sim genre didnt die off, a sequel to it would be great.
Old 2006-02-12, 03:09   Link #33
D3athScythe
« Mecha | Shana »

Send a message via MSN to D3athScythe
Haven't been playing games recently cause my comp is just 2 crap now a days...
Though I do occasionally play counter-strike source and battlefield 2 now and then..
(sadly all on lowest settings lol)
Old 2006-02-13, 00:03   Link #34
Kouji
StrykerX

Well, Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy X. Since they're getting sequels pretty soon. And Kingdom Hearts was more of a breth of fresh air from the daily random encounters that plagued the recent FF series. Not including FFXI or the upcoming FFXII. And like with FFVIII, FFX also featured movie like scenes. Which were really spectacular.
Old 2006-06-15, 00:43   Link #35
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

I only play strategy games (with the occasional exception) and the most interesting game I've played was Homeworld 2... cool graphics and love the concept... I tried some other space strategy games... but Homeworld was just too much fun to even compare to them...
Honorable mention :
Command and Conquer : Generals & Zero Hour (a game that insults you... lol), Ground Control 2, Warcraft 3, Starcraft and of course my first ever game Warcraft 2 (it was a grand pa when I started playing it... but when you play with tons of other people it doesn't matter )
Old 2006-06-15, 04:36   Link #36
srb
I can see time itself!

Send a message via MSN to srb
You haven't played the classic Command & Conquer games? Command & Conquer and Command & Conquer: Red Alert?

Command & Conquer 3 is being developed now, but hopefully they'll drop the silly title "Tiberium Wars" and use the development title "Tiberian Twilight" which Westwood had envisioned way back in the 90's as the end of the Tiberian trilogy - Dawn, Sun and Twilight.
Old 2006-06-15, 10:45   Link #37
Keios
Q(°.°Q)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muir Woods
Third Person Shooter - Max Payne (the series)
Max Payne was made by (at least the original :i) a Finnish game development company, Remedy Entertainment.

--

My favourite would be Return to Castle Wolfenstein. I've been playing RtCW for ~4 years and it's the best team-based FPS in my opinion. The singleplayer did suck a lot, but who cares. I don't like most of the WWII-games because they're so slow. RtCW isn't, which makes it a lot more interesting and exciting for me. :]

I'd also like to mention StarCraft, World of WarCraft and old LucasArts adventure games.
Old 2006-06-15, 10:59   Link #38
Shay
Monarch Programmer

God Of War: Its up there with the best of them. And I have no doubt the sequel will jbe even better.

However, old school has the best. California Games, Double Dragon, Golden Axe...etc..

There was also a game I remember, though I only ever played it on arcade. I think it was called Time Killers. (Not sure) Anyway, I’m sure it was before Mortal Kombat and it had characters from all different time periods, ranging from a Viking to a futuristic Punk. (I think there was an alien as well) It was a really brutal game with awesome finish moves. I loved it.

However, I only ever got to play it on arcade whilst on holiday in the US when I was about 11. Haven’t played it since….
Current Album - Vessel by Twenty One Pilots
Old 2006-06-15, 12:53   Link #39
Ryuu-Odjn
Lost...maybe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shay
There was also a game I remember, though I only ever played it on arcade. I think it was called Time Killers. (Not sure) Anyway, I’m sure it was before Mortal Kombat and it had characters from all different time periods, ranging from a Viking to a futuristic Punk. (I think there was an alien as well) It was a really brutal game with awesome finish moves. I loved it.

However, I only ever got to play it on arcade whilst on holiday in the US when I was about 11. Haven’t played it since….
Is this it? I initially thought of Eternal Champions, but this is something I haven't seen before.. I wonder if Eternal Champions was a Sega USA game than Sega Japan. It just feels more american than japanese to me.

Star Trek Voyager Elite Force always as a place in my heart, if for the sole reason of being able to shoot Neelix in the face. With a Rocket Launcher
Old 2006-06-15, 13:29   Link #40
Shay
Monarch Programmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuu-Odjn
Is this it?:
Humm, yes it is. Though those graphics are I swear not even close to what I remember.

Scanned through the wiki. And yes, that's probably right. At the age I was playing the game the amount of blood and gore was just so appealing. Maybe that is why I liked it so much.

The samurai guy's finish move owned. This is one arcade that should be played by all.
Current Album - Vessel by Twenty One Pilots
Closed Thread