AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2011-02-16, 15:23   Link #1241
winkel

It will definitely be a new song. 5pb loves to produce new songs to push out new records for their artists with every game iteration they release.

I just hope they leave in the original PC song too.
winkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-16, 15:23   Link #1242
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Don't really see the point of a remake but ok.
Old 2011-02-16, 15:26   Link #1243
winkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaos! View Post
Actually on second thought, since Infinity series is still owned by Cyberfront, it isn't really a confirmed that it will be ported to the PC. But as their game history goes, Memories Off 7 and Chaos;Head + Steins ; Gate all got ported to PC, so Ever17 remade for PC is more or less there.
Uh, no? Where did you see Memories Off 7 PC port? I'd love to see that??

Steins;Gate and Chaos;Head got published on PC because Nitroplus did them, and they're a PC publisher, and the collaborator with 5pb on those games. They had the right to publish it on PC.

Ever17 remake will likely only see a PSP and 360 port by 5pb. If we're lucky, Cyberfront will make a PC release out of it years down the line, since they own the rights to the series. But it remains to be seen if they own the rights to 5pb's remake as well.
Old 2011-02-16, 15:32   Link #1244
winkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamAce View Post
The characters all look a bit different now, but that's because the artist has changed her drawing style a bit (this is especially clear when you compare Ever17 to 12Riven, since they had the same character designer).
She designed the concept characters in 12RIVEN, but she was not the character artist for that game, that is the main reason why they look different than Ever17's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
I must say that I see absolutely no difference with Tsugumi, Sora and Yuu's CG, and after a close inspection with the original one, it is a bit silly that they made a fake widescreen ratio by simply cropping the height of the CG.
Honestly, those look like the PSP CG screens, I'm not sure if those are the actual CGs from the game itself yet. (Especially since under "new ending" they just recycled old CGs)

The new CG of Tsugumi's clothing change and the 3-D model one are definitely new though.
Old 2011-02-16, 15:34   Link #1245
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by winkel View Post
She designed the concept characters in 12RIVEN, but she was not the character artist for that game, that is the main reason why they look different than Ever17's.

Honestly, those look like the PSP CG screens, I'm not sure if those are the actual CGs from the game itself yet. (Especially since under "new ending" they just recycled old CGs)

The new CG of Tsugumi's clothing change and the 3-D model one are definitely new though.
Oh, so it was bomi who did 12Riven's character designs? I just assumed that Takigawa did half while bomi did the other half.

I haven't gotten to that point in the Ever17 PSP version, so I'll see for myself when I play.
GundamAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-16, 15:42   Link #1246
winkel

Yeah, bomi was the main artist for the characters. Takigawa just did the promotional art and design sketches.

Quote:
I haven't gotten to that point in the Ever17 PSP version, so I'll see for myself when I play.
Well what I meant was those look like the PC version CGs which were simply cropped for the PSP. I would imagine if 5pb is going to all the trouble of remaking everything in the game, they'd at least touch up the CGs the correct way.

And could you post a link to the tweet where Nakazawa indicated he was aware of this new remake? I'm probably bad at twitter, but I didn't see him mention Ever17 anywhere....
Old 2011-02-16, 15:47   Link #1247
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

http://twitter.com/nakazawatakumi

It's near the bottom right now, and he mentions it a few more times after that, I think. It's almost 5 AM in Japan right now, so I doubt he'll be updating it for a while. It's in English, so you can't miss it.

Could you perhaps tell us if he has any involvement with it, judging by his tweets? I'm a bit confused by what he's saying, and my Japanese isn't perfect.
Old 2011-02-16, 15:57   Link #1248
winkel

Oh I see it, yeah it looks like he says he's unfortunately not involved in the X360 version. Thanks for pointing it out.

So I suppose the big question is... who's gonna pen the new scenarios? Uchikoshi?
Old 2011-02-16, 16:03   Link #1249
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Possibly. I'd be good with either Nakazawa or Uchikoshi, so I hope so (Mind you, I think that Uchikoshi's a good writer too, just not as good as Nakazawa. I still generally like his work). I hope that at least one of them watches over the new version to make sure that 5pb. doesn't f*** it up.

I don't think that it's new scenarios, just new details or something. Didn't Uchikoshi write a bit of new material for the PSP version of 12Riven? I compared the scripts up on TL Wiki to my PSP version, and there were a few differences at points.
Old 2011-02-16, 16:09   Link #1250
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Say, if this is a new version with all new details, does anyone else think that they should make a Remember11 remake like this and actually finish the story? I would certainly like that.
Old 2011-02-16, 16:21   Link #1251
winkel

Quote:
I hope that at least one of them watches over the new version to make sure that 5pb. doesn't f*** it up.
Agreed. On all counts. I prefer Nakazawa more too, but if he's busy with Root Double, can't stop the man, let him work!

Or perhaps 5pb will get those other 2 writers that worked on E17.

Quote:
I don't think that it's new scenarios, just new details or something.
Sorry, didn't mean specifically new scenarios, but the famitsu article mentioned new scenes and new endings. That's pretty significant to me.

Quote:
Didn't Uchikoshi write a bit of new material for the PSP version of 12Riven? I compared the scripts up on TL Wiki to my PSP version, and there were a few differences at points.
I wouldn't be surprised, the original was a mess, so he probably did what he could to clean it up.

Quote:
Say, if this is a new version with all new details, does anyone else think that they should make a Remember11 remake like this and actually finish the story? I would certainly like that.
I suspect we're not going to see any other remakes of the infinite series unless this one does gangbusters. The reason they went for Ever17 first instead of going in order is obviously because of its popularity.
Old 2011-02-16, 16:27   Link #1252
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Quote:
Agreed. On all counts. I prefer Nakazawa more too, but if he's busy with Root Double, can't stop the man, let him work!

Or perhaps 5pb will get those other 2 writers that worked on E17.

Sorry, didn't mean specifically new scenarios, but the famitsu article mentioned new scenes and new endings. That's pretty significant to me.

I wouldn't be surprised, the original was a mess, so he probably did what he could to clean it up.

I suspect we're not going to see any other remakes of the infinite series unless this one does gangbusters. The reason they went for Ever17 first instead of going in order is obviously because of its popularity.
Well, that's true. I'm really looking forward to Root Double as well, so I say he should work on that as much as possible!

Oh yeah, almost forgot that Ever17 had two other writers. Again, I really wish I knew who did what part. At least in I/O they credited each separate scenario writer for what they did.

Yeah, I really want to see these new scenes and endings.

Eh, Remember11 remake is just a dream, anyway. I'm still not sure what Nakazawa's final thoughts on it even are. There's a 10 page interview with him about it in the booklet for it's Limited Edition PSP version, but I haven't gotten around to translating it yet.

BTW, what exactly is 5pb.? I know that they're a game company of sorts, but they also seem to be a music company. Their CEO, Chiyomaru Shikura wrote the lyrics to almost every song in the Infinity series, so I'm a bit confused.
Old 2011-02-16, 16:34   Link #1253
winkel

They're basically ex-KID staff compromised with others to form a game and music label company. Chiyomaru Shikura was the former producer/company director of Scitron, which used to be the record label that would publish all the songs for KID games. He left that company and made 5pb, that's why there's so many ties with 5pb and KID franchises.
Old 2011-02-16, 16:37   Link #1254
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Ah, okay, makes sense now.

Which leads me to wonder just how much say Cyberfront has in this. I mean, will it be published under their name as well, or just 5pb.? I'm going to assume both, but I can't be sure.
Old 2011-02-16, 16:49   Link #1255
winkel

The relationship between Cyberfront and 5pb is strange. Technically, Cyberfront bought KID, and thus own all the rights to its franchises. You can see this with them marketing code_18 as the infinity series and such.

But at the same time, they seem to let 5pb have free reign in taking over the bigger KID franchises like Memories Off and such and allowing them to do what they please. Perhaps both companies have some sort of agreement, because Cyberfront isn't mentioned at all in the newer titles based on their franchises, only the older direct ports.

Ever17, being a remake of an old franchise, still has Cyberfront's name attached to it, but 5pb is definitely the one doing all the work. Plus it's also strange why Cyberfront would let two infinite series titles be up for reveal and release within the same time frame. Who knows...
Old 2011-02-16, 18:20   Link #1256
JuGG

Hmm... this is very strange and unexpected news to be honest and I really hope it goes well. I also hope that it comes to the PC quickly (seriously, it's not that hard to do so). The relationships between the companies sure are bizarre. @_@ Seems like a ship with many captains to me.
Old 2011-02-16, 20:18   Link #1257
Kaos!

Quote:
Uh, no? Where did you see Memories Off 7 PC port? I'd love to see that??

Steins;Gate and Chaos;Head got published on PC because Nitroplus did them, and they're a PC publisher, and the collaborator with 5pb on those games. They had the right to publish it on PC.

Ever17 remake will likely only see a PSP and 360 port by 5pb. If we're lucky, Cyberfront will make a PC release out of it years down the line, since they own the rights to the series. But it remains to be seen if they own the rights to 5pb's remake as well.
My fault for getting too excited with the E17 remake. It's supposed to be Memories Off 6 that got a PC port. (And surprisingly, it was straight to chinese PC Port). Guess it remains to be seen if 5pb would port it over to PC.

Quote:
The relationship between Cyberfront and 5pb is strange. Technically, Cyberfront bought KID, and thus own all the rights to its franchises. You can see this with them marketing code_18 as the infinity series and such.

But at the same time, they seem to let 5pb have free reign in taking over the bigger KID franchises like Memories Off and such and allowing them to do what they please. Perhaps both companies have some sort of agreement, because Cyberfront isn't mentioned at all in the newer titles based on their franchises, only the older direct ports.

Ever17, being a remake of an old franchise, still has Cyberfront's name attached to it, but 5pb is definitely the one doing all the work. Plus it's also strange why Cyberfront would let two infinite series titles be up for reveal and release within the same time frame. Who knows...
5pb bought over Memories Off in Nov 2007, which is the reason they have been creating sequels without CF's name to the series since then.
http://5pb.jp/news/20071130-1.html

2011 Spring Code18
2011 Summer Ever17 Remake
Not sure what was Cyberfront thinking... Are they thinking being the 1st to release among the competitors of the series(Code18, BCAD, E17 remake) would let them have the bigger sales? I would think that 5pb's pretty safe irregardless of the release date since they're targetting fans of the original series. And up to now no news on Code18 makes this even more worrying.
Kaos! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-16, 20:24   Link #1258
winkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaos! View Post
5pb bought over Memories Off in Nov 2007, which is the reason they have been creating sequels without CF's name to the series since then.
http://5pb.jp/news/20071130-1.html
That makes sense of a lot of things then, thanks!

Quote:
Not sure what was Cyberfront thinking... Are they thinking being the 1st to release among the competitors of the series(Code18, BCAD, E17 remake) would let them have the bigger sales?
Not sure if BCAD is even going to make it this year... they still haven't announced the console yet.

I'm honestly not sure if code_18 is going to even be made. They announced it and have sat on it for a while now, the art looks like old designs they found while digging from the 2000s... it doesn't look like they have anything put together for it at all.
Old 2011-02-16, 20:48   Link #1259
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Quote:
That makes sense of a lot of things then, thanks!

Not sure if BCAD is even going to make it this year... they still haven't announced the console yet.

I'm honestly not sure if code_18 is going to even be made. They announced it and have sat on it for a while now, the art looks like old designs they found while digging from the 2000s... it doesn't look like they have anything put together for it at all.
Think of it this way for BCAD.

More time=better quality.

Nakazawa tends to place quality over time, and this will be no exception. Not to mention that since he runs his own company, he can spend a longer time developing BCAD.

As for Code18...yeah, unless we get any new information that could change my mind, I'm not really inclined to care about it right now.

Oh, and Nakazawa did state on his blog that the platform should be revealed with the next update.
Old 2011-02-16, 22:44   Link #1260
Kaos!

Talking

Spoiler for E17:
Kaos! is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
visual novel