AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Fate/Zero - Episode 1 Rating
Perfect 10 108 49.09%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 65 29.55%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 25 11.36%
7 out of 10 : Good 13 5.91%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 2.27%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.45%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 0.91%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.45%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 220. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2011-10-03, 10:41   Link #261
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by alumnox View Post
Not exactly that they pick the class, you can add the berserker capability to your summon by adding the lines Zouken told Kariya.
It's the same thing, really. Otherwise, you have the potential for overlap with classes. For example, Kiritsugu and Kariya knew exactly what they were summoning in terms of class, but Tokiomi didn't seem to and Waver especially didn't adjust his incantation for the Servant class he wanted. They were after particular Servants, not classes. So it's reasonable to assume the Grail adjusted the classes accordingly so there wouldn't be any overlap.

EDIT: Damn my perfectionism.
Old 2011-10-03, 10:55   Link #262
alumnox

We cant talk about FSN here ChronoReverse, not even in spoiler tags.

I know we can explain it pretty easy if we talk about FSN but the moderators asked not to do it.
Dying a little bit here with out spoilers from FSN here btw =P

Regarding the theory of multi summon of the same servant in different classes its told that the grail will prevent that thing to happen and the assasin class is the most representative example of that matter but again cant tell much about it bcs its spoiler from FSN.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
It's the same thing, really. Otherwise, you have the potential for overlap with classes. For example, Kiritsugu and Kariya knew exactly what they were summoning in terms of class, but Tokiomi didn't seem to and Waver especially didn't adjust his incantation for the Servant class he wanted. They were after particular Servants, not classes. So it's reasonable to assume the Grail adjusted the classes accordingly so there wouldn't be any overlap.

EDIT: Damn my perfectionism.
hahahaha perfectionism is good
We could explain a lot more of the classes, there's one in particular that would help a lot in the explanation but that would be spoiler for fate/zero as well as hollow ataraxia so lets just keep what Kuroi Hadou said.

The Grail adjusted the classes accordingly so there wouldn't be any overlap.
The relics helps in summoning not a specific class but a specific hero.
The chants tough not needed they help in the process of integration between master and servant.
Berserker is the only class that can be summoned for sure if you add the corresponding lines during your summoning.

Last edited by alumnox; 2011-10-03 at 11:09.
alumnox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-03, 10:59   Link #263
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by alumnox View Post
The Grail adjusted the classes accordingly so there wouldn't be any overlap.
The relics helps in summoning not a specific class but a specific hero.
The chants tough not needed they help in the process of integration between master and servant.
Berserker is the only class that can be summoned for sure if you add the corresponding lines during your summoning.
Now that we're talking about it, I wonder how Kotomine's summoning went. As far as we know, Assassin was the first Servant summoned in the 4th Grail war. Did he want a particular Servant like most of them, a particular class to suit the job he would be doing, or did he literally just let it fly and see what he got?
Old 2011-10-03, 11:03   Link #264
ChronoReverse

Quote:
Now that we're talking about it, I wonder how Kotomine's summoning went. As far as we know, Assassin was the first Servant summoned in the 4th Grail war. Did he want a particular Servant like most of them, a particular class to suit the job he would be doing, or did he literally just let it fly and see what he got?
Well, my post before editing had the information needed to determine the answer to how Kotomine got his servant but alas =(
ChronoReverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-03, 11:12   Link #265
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

epic first episode is epic.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-03, 14:16   Link #266
TwilightsCall

Send a message via MSN to TwilightsCall
I'm not sure if this is allowed since it pertains to Novel only material, but I'll throw it in spoiler tags and post it anyways since its already been passed in the anime. But regarding selecting the servant's class:

Spoiler for Light Novel First Act:
TwilightsCall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-03, 15:31   Link #267
kakakka

There're some weird camera scenes, but it's still a great starter.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-03, 15:33   Link #268
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
I really want to see a Kaijura remix of Emiya.
Yes, I am hoping for some classic Fate music to be included with some Kaijura spinning. It's be awesome.

Quote:
That was one thing that put question marks over my head. Will have to read the novel when it's all said and done.
Old 2011-10-03, 15:38   Link #269
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Does it work for every class if I add 2 more lines? (can you make whoever you summon Berserker: ex: the Rider that was summoned here)
Old 2011-10-03, 15:54   Link #270
TwilightsCall

Send a message via MSN to TwilightsCall
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post
Does it work for every class if I add 2 more lines? (can you make whoever you summon Berserker: ex: the Rider that was summoned here)
yes, you can, assuming of course no one else has summoned a Berserker yet
TwilightsCall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-03, 15:54   Link #271
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
In theory, but I don't think it will always work. Plus you can't have more than one class from any single war.
Old 2011-10-03, 15:55   Link #272
ruurguy

Quote:
As far as we know there is no evidence of being able to manipulate the class (via the incantation) other than Berserker. Doesn't mean there isn't, but I don't think it's ever been shown. There are several things that manipulate what class you might get though, based on prana, the relic you are using (since if you are trying to summon a particular hero, they can only qualify for certain classes) and probably other factors.
ruurguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-03, 16:50   Link #273
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakakka View Post
There're some weird camera scenes, but it's still a great starter.
It's a good way to save money. Might as well do, because i'm sure the action scenes are going to blow us away.
Old 2011-10-03, 17:09   Link #274
Jaden

I have to say it made me giggle when Kirei's dad and Tokiomi started walking in circles around Kirei for dramatic effect.

Regardless the anime is looking fantastic, I was all giddy even though they were only introducing characters with zero action. 9/10
Old 2011-10-03, 17:28   Link #275
alumnox

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
In theory, but I don't think it will always work. Plus you can't have more than one class from any single war.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwilightsCall View Post
yes, you can, assuming of course no one else has summoned a Berserker yet
The summoning process its hard not so much for the summoning itself because the grail do that but because the new variables the magus have been adding since the second grail war like the relics and better summoning spells in order to try to affect the result thus (hahah now I cant stop saying thus) creating the chance of failing during the summon process or messing things up for the worst (look for what happen in the 3rd grail war for more details about the worst, although keep in mind that is spoiler for the entire fate universe.

That for itself its not that bad but a fail summon could bring for example a caster with limited magic capabilities for example, that means you are pretty much dead already but if your summon goes smoothly then you might get a servant with one of its abilities as A+ instead of B or A just because the integration between master and servant its better.

That's really what the berserker class do. Powers up the melee abilities of the servant in exchange of its sanity. Would you cast the berserker class over caster for example ?. Its possible but a terrible idea if you ask me .
alumnox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-03, 18:29   Link #276
Yuna Amakura

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Yes, I am hoping for some classic Fate music to be included with some Kaijura spinning. It's be awesome.
Doubt, doubt, really doubt this will happen. What I think could happen is the use of Classic Music, like what happened with Madoka using Ave Maria.
Yuna Amakura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-03, 18:40   Link #277
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuna Amakura View Post
Doubt, doubt, really doubt this will happen. What I think could happen is the use of Classic Music, like what happened with Madoka using Ave Maria.
High chance that will happen, mainly because Kaijura has reused classical music quite a few times in the past.
Old 2011-10-04, 01:10   Link #278
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

OMHF!!! F/Z's airing already???!! Dang!! I must watch it when i have enough time. DX
BaKaBaKaOtaKu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-04, 01:46   Link #279
Seihai
スマイリウム

I'd love to hear some tunes from the Return to Zero album in one way or another. I particularly liked The Berserker and The Lancer. Though I don't really mind as long as we get some epic battle music, and I'm sure Kajiura can deliver that.
Old 2011-10-04, 02:57   Link #280
Nvis
Where are the good animes

The OP song's in my HEAD!
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote