AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-09-26, 18:03   Link #1201
Wesley84

Quote:
Originally Posted by mg1942 View Post
give them some pantsu at least for season 2 when they are not flying!
Actually what I surprised me about the final episode is they didn't really emphasis what they were wearing at all.
Wesley84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-27, 11:44   Link #1202
kaosmos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley84 View Post
I hope there isn't a second season. It'd be way more fanservicy and yuriesque.
heck if you don't like it don't watch it!
kaosmos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-27, 14:45   Link #1203
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

I'm hoping a Dutch (or whatever the Strike Witches equivalent of Holland is) Witch will pop up in any of the incarnations. Since the anime is already over without having one pop up, I have yet more reason to hope for a second season.

Also...

That has got to be so much fun. I know I'd give up my decency for a chance to fly by an aircraft and wave at the pilot like that.

Last edited by Keroko; 2008-09-27 at 15:19.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-27, 17:14   Link #1204
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Only to be shot up by neuroi laser fire later . And also there happened to be Elizabeth Beurling fanart and I tried to translate the profiles from Japan's website

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...erial_Squadron

Old 2008-09-27, 21:39   Link #1205
lone_wolf
bike mechanic onna

Quote:
Originally Posted by asaqe View Post
Only to be shot up by neuroi laser fire later . And also there happened to be Elizabeth Beurling fanart and I tried to translate the profiles from Japan's website

Nice work! Since she's from Britannia I assume that's a Triumph Speed Twin she's riding? It's way too nice to be a Royal Enfield bike.

I love the WWII and even post-war cafe racers!

--Lone Wolf
一匹狼
lone_wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-27, 23:25   Link #1206
selkirk
***y translator
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lone_wolf View Post
Nice work! Since she's from Britannia I assume that's a Triumph Speed Twin she's riding? It's way too nice to be a Royal Enfield bike.

I love the WWII and even post-war cafe racers!

--Lone Wolf
一匹狼
Brough Superior actually. Though I don't think she brought it with her when she was sent to Suomus.
Old 2008-09-27, 23:41   Link #1207
lone_wolf
bike mechanic onna

Quote:
Originally Posted by selkirk View Post
Brough Superior actually. Though I don't think she brought it with her when she was sent to Suomus.

Ah! Thanks for the info on the bike, Selkirk!

She's an interesting character. I kinda wish she had her one-off light novel or something.

--Lone Wolf
一匹狼
lone_wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 04:04   Link #1208
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Only to be shot up by neuroi laser fire later .
Spoilsport.

Quote:
And also there happened to be Elizabeth Beurling fanart and I tried to translate the profiles from Japan's website

Nice, a bit sketchy, but nice. I do like Elizabeth's insubordination, no problems with following orders, as long as they make sense.

I stumbled across a few images that have me confused... Are these images for a novel? A future anime? I can't seem to find any info on them though...

Old 2008-09-28, 04:06   Link #1209
Asrialys

Novel I believe. I know that the first image was mentioned in this thread some time ago.
Old 2008-09-28, 07:54   Link #1210
selkirk
***y translator
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Those are from the original Strike Witches illustration column that ran in CompAce around 2006, together with the original manga. AFAIK they were published for 4 months, but since they were packaged/scanned together with the manga which got cut after 3 chapters, so that means there's one set of images that was never scanned. (CompAce's site mentions a Strike Witches "illustration story" column running monthly in a lot of the back issues, but I've never been able to find much information on that, and back numbers from two years ago aren't exactly easy to buy <_<.)

There are about 9 in total AFAIK. Wilma Bishop, Kuroe Ayaka, Lennartz, Byakko, Katajainen, Nishizawa Yoshiko and Yokokama Kazumi, and 3 issues of the Girl Flying Corps Journal.

I scanlated the picture above, as well as this one.

For some reason, that one you have is larger, and has slightly more artifacting... must've gotten re-saved at some point or something. I might do the rest eventually, but the cleaning is really time consuming...

On a side note, I finished Otome no Maki (SW side novel with the 501st). Other than the first chapter, it was decent enough, though I prefer the main novels. This focused a lot more on humor, other than the last chapter. Heck, even Wesley84 might find something to enjoy, considering there was no yuri to speak of, and Lucchini is just about the main character.
Old 2008-09-28, 12:46   Link #1211
kaosmos

Spoiler for size:

kaosmos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 12:47   Link #1212
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
I'm late but well, if anyone wants

Final ep and overall impressions etc.

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 13:19   Link #1213
Nemuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
I'm late but well, if anyone wants

Final ep and overall impressions etc.

I am looking forward to reading your review although I was wondering what happen to you since the series finish approximately 2 weeks ago.
Nemuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 20:41   Link #1214
FoxxFireArt

Send a message via Yahoo to FoxxFireArt
Quote:
Originally Posted by lone_wolf View Post
Awesome, FoxxFireArt

It certainly seems to fit them.

--Lone Wolf
一匹狼
Thanks. I thought it would really match the series feels of both shows.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mg1942 View Post
give them some pantsu at least for season 2 when they are not flying!
I'm happy with the way they are. It's that weird quirk that makes the show fun.
Quote:
Spoilsport.

Nice, a bit sketchy, but nice. I do like Elizabeth's insubordination, no problems with following orders, as long as they make sense.

I stumbled across a few images that have me confused... Are these images for a novel? A future anime? I can't seem to find any info on them though...

I'm pretty sure these are from the manga. I saw a character chart for the manga that showed a lot of characters that weren't seen in the anime.
Old 2008-09-29, 06:02   Link #1215
Littm
ちょうど楽しみなさい
*IT Support

So, is there something new in the DVD edition, or they simply uncensored some parts that were censored a bit even in the uncensored TV version ?
Littm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 06:08   Link #1216
selkirk
***y translator
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littm View Post
So, is there something new in DVD edition, or they simply uncensored some parts that were censored a bit even in the uncensored TV version ?
Suzuki Takaaki mentioned the director editing some scenes, fixing up errors and extras, not just removing steam.
Quote:
Originally Posted by http://yamibun.air-nifty.com/blog/2008/09/post-8b34.html
放送は終了しましたが、やることはまだまだたくさんあります。
DVD作業も進んでおり、2巻ではこの忙しい中、監督がいろいろ修正したとか。
えーっと、湯気がなくなるだけじゃないんですか?
作画修正とか追加とかしているみたいですから、早くみたいですね。

Also, this was on his most recent post.
Quote:
まだまだやりたいことは沢山残っています。
他のスタッフも、各キャラに関してまだまだ語り尽くしていないことがあるよ、と言ってい
ましたし、それぞれやりたりないことがあります。
それらを実現するために、もっとがんばりたいです。
せっかく素敵な声優さんたちが集まってくれて、スタッフの皆さんも楽しんで作品に関わ
ってくれていて、これで終わるわけには行きません。
イベントだって、11人揃ってないし。
フライトジャケットとかも作ってみたいし。
出していない機体も沢山あるし。
やりたいエピソードも山盛りだし。
東部戦線も太平洋戦線も全く描いていないし。
:O
Old 2008-09-29, 06:55   Link #1217
Tk3997
Loveable Jerk

Send a message via ICQ to Tk3997 Send a message via AIM to Tk3997 Send a message via MSN to Tk3997
Quote:
I'm hoping a Dutch (or whatever the Strike Witches equivalent of Holland is) Witch will pop up in any of the incarnations. Since the anime is already over without having one pop up, I have yet more reason to hope for a second season.
It's possible, but the problem is kind of that in both time lines the Dutch had a small air force and got overrun quickly so it's not that likely there would be much left of it by 1944. Even any pilots they had at the start of the war might well have aged out by then (which I still very much hate by the way) with no replacements.

Quote:
Also...

That has got to be so much fun. I know I'd give up my decency for a chance to fly by an aircraft and wave at the pilot like that.
I’d rather just have an F-22 in world war two myself.

I could totally just fly all over the place buzzing people at mach 2. Of course I’d slow down from time to time in order to show off the fact that the mysterious UFO is apparently being flown by a cigar smoking derby hat wearing Gorilla… I'd also have fun overflying radar stations with no warning and blasting rock music over there radios channels with my AESA radar just consider the lulz factor when in the middle of an air raid this suddenly starts blaring on the radio.

Though all this reminds me that we totally need an Ace Combat/Strike Witches crossover…

Quote:
Even if she had it I doubt you’d see it no as I can tell you from experience that motorcycles and alpine or artic climates do not mix well. A normal road bike is more or less totally stymied by even a light snow as those skinny little tires might be great for skimming along of pavement, but they don’t fare to well when faced with snow and ice. And by “don’t fare to well” I mean “Moving the thing up the driveway can be treacherous”.

There is a reason snowmobiles have tracks and not wheels.

Tk3997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 10:27   Link #1218
arkxkra
全力全開

the whole series was not bad.

Spoiler for :

I wanna to know the novel story is different with anime or is same?
Old 2008-09-29, 10:46   Link #1219
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Those are from the original Strike Witches illustration column that ran in CompAce around 2006, together with the original manga. AFAIK they were published for 4 months, but since they were packaged/scanned together with the manga which got cut after 3 chapters, so that means there's one set of images that was never scanned. (CompAce's site mentions a Strike Witches "illustration story" column running monthly in a lot of the back issues, but I've never been able to find much information on that, and back numbers from two years ago aren't exactly easy to buy <_<.)

There are about 9 in total AFAIK. Wilma Bishop, Kuroe Ayaka, Lennartz, Byakko, Katajainen, Nishizawa Yoshiko and Yokokama Kazumi, and 3 issues of the Girl Flying Corps Journal.

I scanlated the picture above, as well as this one.

For some reason, that one you have is larger, and has slightly more artifacting... must've gotten re-saved at some point or something. I might do the rest eventually, but the cleaning is really time consuming...
I see, so they're like small side-stories and -judging by Helma's page- further glances in the universe?

And I'll see if I can get some cleaning done... maybe... if I can find the time...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tk3997 View Post
It's possible, but the problem is kind of that in both time lines the Dutch had a small air force and got overrun quickly so it's not that likely there would be much left of it by 1944. Even any pilots they had at the start of the war might well have aged out by then (which I still very much hate by the way) with no replacements.
Yeah, I know. Though we did give the Germans a lot more trouble then they bargained for, slowing them down and even stopping them with mostly pre-1900 weaponry, even though they thought they'd capture Holland in a day. It wasn't until the terror bombarding that Holland surrendered. I hope a similar story of fierce resistance against the Neuroi exists in the Strike Witches timeline. We did have Dutch pilots in the air all the way until the end of the war though, most of them were pilots who fled to Britain after Holland fell.

Anyway, a small spark of hope remains because of the world map. I had fully expected Holland to be part of Karlsland, but we remain suspiciously alone, if so far nameless. If a witch would come to the scene, she'd probably be wearing a Striker based on the Fokker G.I or D.XXI Though they could also use members of the 322 RAF Squadron, which was made up out of Dutch pilots. In that case she'd probably have a spitfire model.

Quote:
I’d rather just have an F-22 in world war two myself.

I could totally just fly all over the place buzzing people at mach 2. Of course I’d slow down from time to time in order to show off the fact that the mysterious UFO is apparently being flown by a cigar smoking derby hat wearing Gorilla… I'd also have fun overflying radar stations with no warning and blasting rock music over there radios channels with my AESA radar just consider the lulz factor when in the middle of an air raid this suddenly starts blaring on the radio.
I'll have an F-22 Striker, then. Shirley's Mustang was able to break Mach-1, going nearly twice as fast as the plane it originated from. Imagine how monstrous an F-22 Striker would be.

Quote:
Though all this reminds me that we totally need an Ace Combat/Strike Witches crossover…
Seconded.

Last edited by Keroko; 2008-09-29 at 17:36.
Old 2008-09-29, 11:39   Link #1220
Wesley84

The Witches aren't going to claim credit for freeing France are they? Afterall, the Warlock did all the work, even though it went crazy because they launched too earlier.
Wesley84 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo, bost tv, gonzo, kemonomimi, mecha, mecha musume