AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-07-03, 22:56   Link #41
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I've said it before, but individual taste is a strange thing. I loved Seitokai no Ichizon, but this totally did not work for me. Almost none of the jokes were funny, and none of the characters especially likable. I don't hold it against this show that it's so reminiscent of SnI - I know the manga has been out there for years. I just didn't find it funny. Maybe I'll give it another episode to wear me down - not like the summer is off to an especially stellar beginning anyway.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-03, 23:23   Link #42
X207
Gamyūsa

i was also expecting something like SnI but SYD seems more extreme. Aria seems to be a bit more extreme than Chizuru Akaba but so far its Shino Amakusa that gives out a bit too much information. the series does seem to have some interest for me but i dont think i'll rate this no where near as high as SnI. im not sure if its the groups scanlating it or the source material but too much information isnt helping me get more interested in this series.

Last edited by X207; 2010-07-03 at 23:52. Reason: typo
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-03, 23:31   Link #43
Midonin
Last Engage

Both shows involve student councils, but I'm sure there's plenty more media in Japan that does. Best to start with a blank slate and take SYD on its own merits. Plus, light novel and 4koma each cultivate completely different types of writing.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-03, 23:41   Link #44
SonicSpeed

I just watched the first ep of Seitokai Yakuindomo. Remember to keep both hands in the air above your head!

they change it? right now japan is rising their hand above your head ?
SonicSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-04, 00:46   Link #45
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Yeah, this world is still full of mysteries...
I don't even know how anyone can even compare this to SnI. The only thing similar is... both are student councils.
And... that's it?!
(゚Д゚)..........??????????????????????????????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargumm1i View Post
I have a question for someone who can read japanese.

What did it say on the letter that the Vice president pulled out. I cant remember his name so I call him VC.

Spoiler for What was written?:
Pretty much, "If you lay your hands on the student council president, I'm gonna fuc* your as*", I believe.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-04, 01:27   Link #46
Preacher

Best first episode so far this season, also all substance there is just a number of dirty jokes. Still, quite enjoyable. The ED is great too.

And yes, watching this reminded of SnI a lot. Same kind of episodic humour, a little girl that dont want to be called a kid, a manipulative evil girl with dark humour e.t.c.

I wonder if the main character would eventually snap and try to take advantage of the situation, theres a limit how long one can be teased
Old 2010-07-04, 02:51   Link #47
Seravy
Dorothy-chaaan~!

I thought ep1 was alot of fun. I'm definitely gonna follow this for a few more episodes at least.
Seravy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-04, 04:54   Link #48
gonzo562

episode 1 was alright

Seitokai no Ichizon is better though
gonzo562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-04, 04:57   Link #49
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
I don't even know how anyone can even compare this to SnI. The only thing similar is... both are student councils.
And... that's it?!
(゚Д゚)..........??????????????????????????????
Yeah i totally agree. It's a shame the next couple of pages in this thread are going to be full of people comparing it to SnI. Ah well.
Old 2010-07-04, 04:58   Link #50
appleseed86

i find it funny that a lot of people compare this show with Seitokai no Ichizon. I never compare shows, even for different seasons of the same show.
appleseed86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-04, 04:58   Link #51
ZODDGUTS

Good first ep and the animation was great.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-04, 06:34   Link #52
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Ehh, my opinion for this is similar to Guardian Enzo. I love Seitokai no Ichizon, but the humor of this one just isn't clicking for me. It feels like the humor of the joke is just from the dirty words used, not because it's funny in itself. I feel like seeing a stand-up comedian, realizing his skits aren't that funny uses offensive swear words to make the audience laugh. Maybe I'm just not used to the 4-koma style? I'm still going to give the next episode another try though, but so far it hasn't been so impressive to me yet.
Saturn Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-04, 07:18   Link #53
Roardel

This show reminds me of GA rather than Seitokai no Ichizon. Since both Seitokai Yakuindomo and GA are from 4-koma manga, their are some similarities; the quick paces of the stories, being filled with gags, boke and tsukkomi e.t.c.
Roardel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-04, 07:54   Link #54
Casshern

She sais "you're not here to make a harem are you?" and he sais "no way, as if" and 5 minutes later he already has a harem!
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-04, 07:55   Link #55
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
I actually like this more than Seitokai no Ichizon. The sexual humor is a bit over the top, but I like how the art is better shaded than SnI. Maybe that one has a lower budget. And I couldn't even get interested enough to finish SnI.
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-04, 08:07   Link #56
Westlo
Lets be reality

Ah Seitokai no Ichizon, clearly the first anime ever to deal with student councils, why must so many imitators pop up!
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-04, 09:07   Link #57
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Well golly gee cut off my balls and call me a Eunuch, I strangely enjoyed this pilot episode more than I did Mitsudomoe!

I think what immediately makes the show stand out from the crowd of other shows that rely on more crass and perverted humor is the execution of the subject matter. Most other shows tend to drag on the sex jokes and exaggerate on them, which in turn makes most lowbrow humor of this nature eventually tasteless. For this series they don't seem to actually do this. Most of the sexual references are more used in passing and in more subtle tones, generally speaking they don't extend the life of the sexual nature of the humor beyond what could be considered appropriate. Stuff like the pads vs. tampons, shortgirl's 2nd day menses and the life are used just long enough to be funny but short enough not to make your eyes roll back.

I also really like Shino's character. The nature of the humor coming from her really depends on 3 things, either:

1. She completely understands the inner workings of the male mind.
2. She doesn't understand a damn thing about the male mind.
3. Both!

Case in point: Gravure video.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-04, 09:08   Link #58
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Ah Seitokai no Ichizon, clearly the first anime ever to deal with student councils, why must so many imitators pop up!
Well I'm sure that's not necessarily what people bringing it up meant . Though it is one of the most recent and also a pretty good show so comparisons are to be expected. On that note from first impressions I'd say Seitokai no Ichizon is better. But this should still turn out to be a pretty solid show.

But wow the main character really got dragged into this. Well goes to show if you dress lazily you never know what might happen . He'll probably have a few problems taking things seriously when things can easily be turned into a joke. Anyways we have started to get a feel for the main characters which is fine for the first episode.
Old 2010-07-04, 10:45   Link #59
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Hmmm, wasn't going to watch this but the Random Curiosity review has me interested now.... putting it on the tentative watch list.
Old 2010-07-04, 11:14   Link #60
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Enjoyed the first episode a lot. The jokes didn't feel forced and flowed naturally, no matter how perverted they were. It's actually not as crude as I thought it would be, at least for now. I guess the censoring helps.

Very strong cast as well. I personally found all the characters likeable, especially Suzu and Aria.

Tags
comedy, shounen