AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Majutsu no Index - Episode 9 Rating
Perfect 10 36 36.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 27 27.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 22 22.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 12 12.00%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 3.00%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2010-12-03, 19:38   Link #21
kache
Asobo~
*IT Support

Amazing episode.
Keep it serious and this anime will become a masterpiece.

Watching at the moment: click on the image.

kache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-03, 19:48   Link #22
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

There's a very informative description about the Grimoires, instead of thinking of them as just books containing knowledge they are also like AI programs capable of functioning by themselves.

It does look kinda confusing base on the subs but basically Oriana uses a short version of a Grimoire called a [Shorthand]. Through this she can write up make-shift grimoires to suit her needs, but the catch is that she can only use that spell once and over time it would self-destruct.

What Touma and Tsuchimikado were looking for in that middle school was one of those short-cut grimoire spells that Oriana had set up to prevent people from tracking her via magic by screwing with their magic.

P.S - Actually, if there's one thing I was disappointed, it's that they never made Touma tackling Mikoto a repeat of last season when Mikoto tackled Touma
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-03, 20:04   Link #23
sayde

I'm rather impressed with how long Misaka allowed Touma to stay on top of her before she tried to fend him off. I'm even more surprised with how she fended him off. Because we all know Ms. lvl4 could've done a lot worse. Compared to the alternatives, that was very tame. I guess she's finally embracing the idea (bit by bit)...
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-03, 20:07   Link #24
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
I'm rather impressed with how long Misaka allowed Touma to stay on top of her before she tried to fend him off. I'm even more surprised with how she fended him off. Because we all know Ms. lvl4 could've done a lot worse. Compared to the alternatives, that was very tame. I guess she's finally embracing the idea (bit by bit)...
you can clearly see she was waiting for a kiss, touma was just too dense to go with the flow.
zeniselv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-03, 20:12   Link #25
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeniselv View Post
you can clearly see she was waiting for a kiss, touma was just too dense to go with the flow.
To be fair, he thought she was hit by the counterspell which was describe as similar to getting heat-stroke
Old 2010-12-03, 20:21   Link #26
Miraluka
Banned

In resume to the said above:
Touma's priorities are:
Keep people safe >>> Keep chasing Oriana >>> Keep in secret his little business.
The others deserves no atention from him.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-03, 20:33   Link #27
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeniselv View Post
you can clearly see she was waiting for a kiss
I agree--which is why it's kind of surprising. Because though we know her "dere" side may want it, I initially expected her "tsun" side to be quicker in rejecting it (in a more aggressive manner).
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-03, 20:37   Link #28
ion475
にこにこにー

No clue about animation quality...I guess I was too focus on blushing Biribiri, that alone makes this episode a 10...(Well, that and only 30 seconds of Index, on an episode that focused on the Magic side = win).
ion475 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-03, 20:39   Link #29
pampz21
ShipCore

Too fast but we can't argue cuz its gonna be compress to 7 episode!

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-03, 21:04   Link #30
Bikerider
Senior Rider of Bikes

I have to ask this every time. Why hasn't Biri biri figured out Touma can negate her attacks ? Sheesh girl, Figure it out.
Bikerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-03, 21:17   Link #31
Kyosuke_Nanbu

Watch Raigun!!!

Have you ever seen Mikoto thrown lightning around casually like she always do to Touma??

She throws those attacks at him casually because they are totally ineffective.

Just a extreme way to express frustration...!!!
Kyosuke_Nanbu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-03, 21:28   Link #32
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikerider View Post
I have to ask this every time. Why hasn't Biri biri figured out Touma can negate her attacks ? Sheesh girl, Figure it out.

In case you haven't figured it, it's because he can negate her lightning that's way she keeps throwing them at him so casually.
Old 2010-12-03, 21:54   Link #33
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

The arc has been a bit of a yawn so far... At least on the story side.
Mikoto's reactions to Touma is full of win though. Probably the only thing saving the arc.

Though I had a laugh at Tsuchimikado telling Touma to hit or smack people, when he only needs to touch them.

............That girl who almost got hit by the poles looked like Saten-san...
Probably just my imagination though. ( -_-)

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-03, 22:02   Link #34
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

good ep, but animation was a little spotty, Biribiri blushing a lot this ep was nice, didn't think Fukiyose would get hurt, hope she recovers, so since Oriana is supposed to make a trade isn't she supposed to be in a certain place at a certain time, i would assume her running around and being chased has messed up the schedule for the exchange
Old 2010-12-03, 22:05   Link #35
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
good ep, but animation was a little spotty, Biribiri blushing a lot this ep was nice, didn't think Fukiyose would get hurt, hope she recovers, so since Oriana is supposed to make a trade isn't she supposed to be in a certain place at a certain time, i would assume her running around and being chased has messed up the schedule for the exchange
Considering what Tsuchimikado had said, she couldn't have gotten far from their location, otherwise she wouldn't have needed to set up that counter measure... So I'm guessing the meeting place is actually quite near?
Old 2010-12-03, 22:12   Link #36
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikerider View Post
She figured it out for sure, yeah. But what she doesn't figure is why and how does Touma's ability stop her powers from working on him. She might have gotten a little bit of a clue when she saw Touma blocked a schoolboy's attack meant for her, though to how far can he stop everything coming onto him, she still doesn't have a clue.

Probably she just wanted to see how far can Touma negate her attacks (in which we have seen she's not going to win anyway), or it's just that it's her way of "playing games" with Touma (really, who else can she freely and happily call a lightning strike on without killing anyone?)

Now that I've gotten to the subs... it seems that yeah, the animation is quite inconsistent. A few minutes in and Touma is somehow drawn with a tougher build in one frame, and the other he's in... uh, skinny build?

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-03, 22:20   Link #37
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
Hmm, the animation was spotty this ep, especially Tsuchimikado, he looked like Hiruma from Eyeshield for a while. However, the scenes where Touma erased Oriana's magic looked rather good. And the music was great.

Also, Stiyl using Touma as a ascapegoat was much funnier than I though it would be, despite the fact that it was a serious scene there. Misaka's blushing was amazing, I didn't know humans could get to that shad e of red.

Overall, good episode, a 9/10.
exactly my thoughts but that mikoto scene stole my heart 10/10
I_am_Kami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-03, 22:37   Link #38
D-Gold
Aurum

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
exactly my thoughts but that mikoto scene stole my heart 10/10
I agree 100%
Old 2010-12-03, 22:51   Link #39
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Okay. It was an enjoyable episode. Misaka was a lot of fun too but...
  1. How many times does Touma need to be told to use his Imagine Breaker?
  2. Of ALL the alleys, Touma happens to use the same one Oriana did?
  3. How long will it take him to realize these are life and death situations?
  4. Out of ALL the things at that school, it were those basket poles?
  5. Why didn't Touma just tell Misaka the pole was dangerous because of a spell and to back away?
  6. Why hasn't Index put her panties back on yet!?
  7. Why did Touma push the girl out of the way but stand there himself, instead of moving away?
But yeah... still enjoyable.
Old 2010-12-03, 22:52   Link #40
IppoTsuko
Acadamy City's Number One

That Mikoto scene alone makes me give a 10/10