AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2012-09-05, 07:01   Link #541
Nintendo
start thinkin bout clones

Send a message via AIM to Nintendo
seems pretty hard right now to even look at itchigo as the main character, his power seems so tiny compared to what we have seen so far.

and zero squad who I assume are going to be even more powerful. Insane.
Old 2012-09-05, 07:18   Link #542
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassoonicmayhem View Post
So, Yama released his bankai despite having previous knowledge that it will be taken away? Or was he not informed? Or does being over 2,000 years old make you impervious to this sort of thing? I'd really like to know.

Sorry, I just wish that Kubo would actually use the characters that can fight these people off and not just waste them. I know that Ichigo is going to have to save the day, eventually, but come on. This will be a waste of a chapter if all he does is 'showcase' Yama's bankai then quickly cliffhang the story, with a shot at the bad guy (on the verge of death of course) says, "Oh wait, I can take your bankai!" Cue shock face of Yama. Next chapter no bankai and gets shit kicked out of him. Cue maniacal laughter, "Now I truly have the power to destroy Ichigo Kurosaki!" ...Well, so much for that moral!

To me, it seems as if Kubo feels pressured into showcasing more bankais now, ever since the butterflizen debacle. Perhaps when Aizen gets his 'Get Out of Jail Free' card, we might see his as well (if he is even released from prison). Though I'd like to see Urahara's more, and I have a feeling, thought, that that will never happen. Here's to hoping.
Of course he knows. He only just finished incinerating the guy who stole his subordinate's bankai.

There is no way he'd release his bankai if there was a doubt in his mind that it could be stolen from him...
MihawkXGP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-05, 07:24   Link #543
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
I doubt the "king" is going to steal his ban kai. It looks like a petty trick his subordinates need to use.
Old 2012-09-05, 07:55   Link #544
Jamtots
Luv U Lots Like Jellytots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nintendo View Post
seems pretty hard right now to even look at itchigo as the main character, his power seems so tiny compared to what we have seen so far.

and zero squad who I assume are going to be even more powerful. Insane.
I don't know. Have we even seen Ichigo at full power yet? After he got them back he seems to be on a whole other level compared to how strong he was before.

Do we even know if he still has his inner hollow? And when it came to his fights, he has exuded nothing but utter confidence, gauged the power of his opponent and then proceeded to wipe the floor with them without going all out and maxing his abilities.

I think he's a lot stronger than what we've seen of him so far. I'd also really like to know if he still has his hollow because if he does, shit's about to get real.
Jamtots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-05, 07:57   Link #545
Casshern

The tip of Juhan's sword looks kinda like Ichigo's
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-05, 07:58   Link #546
ronin myael
lost ronin

so we'll finally get to see yamaji's bankai eh? this should be interesting...
Old 2012-09-05, 09:46   Link #547
Black-Cat-Sama

So Yamamoto just one hits As Nodt, Mohawk (it's a shame, I hear a lot fo people were looking forward to him...but he's basically Kensei with a Mohawk, so...meh), and NANANANANA JAKOOP!?

Damn, Sternritter are getting dropped like flies...but this is probably just Kubo's way to get rid of lot of enemies for later in the arc. By 'final arc' methinks the story is going to cover a lot, and seem like multiple arcs.

Anyways, Yamamoto's Bankai! Finally! I really like the idea that Bankais that COMPRESS themselves can't be stolen, and then there's Kenpachi who has no Bankai, so I wonder who the others are that will be safe from the theft?

Didn't like all the sh*t talking between the two though...good chapter, but so much more could happen without 'it's be 1000 years' 'lol you're old', etc etc
Black-Cat-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-05, 11:21   Link #548
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Welp, this is it. Yamamoto is done for. I kinda thought he'd survive this arc since he couldn't use his bankai (and Kubo needs to show it before killing him off) but he's going to use it nonetheless. I hope he's got a plan and isn't retarded like Byakuya and the other two.
Old 2012-09-05, 11:38   Link #549
SimplyAJ

This whole final arc feels so fake and surreal. Suddenly we have a group that has never been alluded to (unless those two hanging bodies were quincies) after a villian that spanned most of the series. Yama doesn't feel AIZEN is a big enough threat to use his bankai against (christ he could have taken down all of the espada at this rate) but this guy is? Plus, aren't quincies just humans with power? How has he lived for over a thousand years?

Everything feels so rushed. I would love some real explaination.
SimplyAJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-05, 12:28   Link #550
Chiisai Kuma
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eragon View Post
From the flames vanishing, I'm guessing Yamaji's Bankai is the same as Ichigo's - i.e it compresses all the power in the sword and the bearer. If this turns out to be true and his Bankai doesn't get stolen then we have a pretty good explanation why they couldn't steal Ichigo's Bankai either. That would mean that for them to steal someone's bankai, the Bankai needs to manifest itself physically.
My thoughts exactly. Perhaps he released his bankai so quickly is so he's going to try and defeat the enemies quick enough or leave them so hard pressed they cant use the seal.

sig made by the wonderful Godlike1889
http://forums.animesuki.com/member.php?u=80506
Chiisai Kuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-05, 12:34   Link #551
Black-Cat-Sama

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyAJ View Post
This whole final arc feels so fake and surreal. Suddenly we have a group that has never been alluded to (unless those two hanging bodies were quincies) after a villian that spanned most of the series. Yama doesn't feel AIZEN is a big enough threat to use his bankai against (christ he could have taken down all of the espada at this rate) but this guy is? Plus, aren't quincies just humans with power? How has he lived for over a thousand years?

Everything feels so rushed. I would love some real explaination.
Join the club, been saying this for a while. The 'Quincy' in this arc break all the aforementioned rules of Quincies that we know. Most of them don't use projectile based weapons and Juha has even brought out a sword. Driscoll and As Nodt are the only ones to demonstrate any kind of projectile/arrow based attack, and they're gone now.

As I mentioned though, everything is probably rushed because the arc will be a long one and Kubo is clearing out all the unnecessary clutter. The Stern Ritters needed their alphabet theme, so he had to fill those spots out. Right now I think he's just slaying the ones that don't matter--kinda hurts that we didn't see some of their powers though (NANANA Jakoop and Mohawk Guy for example.)

As for explanations, I hope we get one on how Komamura exists. I understand he's a dog, but how is he humanoid?
Black-Cat-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-05, 12:48   Link #552
prakash123

issit just me or?yama ji releasing his bankai too soon/too stupid?is bleach gonna end?i dunno.

anyways if YAMA JI bankai-ed means that buckbeard is REALLY strong.
IMO on all of this is that yama ji will defeat buckbeard and the real boss ends up being ISHIDA.ishida might have been used as a spy to infilitrate HC and SS without his knowledge during the previous arcs just so the vandenreich could learn.in the end ichigo and him will have to face off.thats why icigho and ryuken have some king of history.

also when is ichigos father gonna show up?flashbacks?and squad zero?
kubo really has alot of info yet to be revealed...
prakash123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-05, 12:55   Link #553
prakash123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black-Cat-Sama View Post
The 'Quincy' in this arc break all the aforementioned rules of Quincies that we know. Most of them don't use projectile based weapons and Juha has even brought out a sword. Driscoll and As Nodt are the only ones to demonstrate any kind of projectile/arrow based attack, and they're gone now.
did they refer to themselves as quincies?i dont recall.all i remember is them being alluded as the vandenreich(maybe some kind of a next level quincy).like how theres hollows and arrancarrs and espandas.but the fundamental is they were quincies.i dont remember ishida having any kind of special ability like some of those guys and quincies can suddenly steal bankais?
prakash123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-05, 12:58   Link #554
Bassoonicmayhem
The Procrastinator

Quote:
This whole final arc feels so fake and surreal. Suddenly we have a group that has never been alluded to (unless those two hanging bodies were quincies) after a villian that spanned most of the series. Yama doesn't feel AIZEN is a big enough threat to use his bankai against (christ he could have taken down all of the espada at this rate) but this guy is?
Yes, I've thought this for quite some time, but heck, I've been reading Bleach this long I should finish it. It's kind of sad. Like watching a horse with two broken legs try to walk. But, yeah, the arc feels very much like another filler arc and I have the same issues with the bankais (Aizen not releasing his and vise verse with Yama); it's irritating.

Quote:
Plus, aren't quincies just humans with power? How has he lived for over a thousand years?
Yeah, but it has been established (loosely through transformation sequences) that these people are more than Quincies. They're Vandenreich. So, once they do get they're sad, sappy back story, I'm assuming that they were once Quincies and somehow got infused with Hollow powers, maybe after they died or maybe Aizen did experiments again. (Though that won't explain why that Christmas decoration from hell [can't remember his name] didn't know who he was [but this story is already filled with inconsistency and plot holes, it really shouldn't matter].)
Old 2012-09-05, 13:18   Link #555
Knjaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassoonicmayhem View Post
Yes, I've thought this for quite some time, but heck, I've been reading Bleach this long I should finish it. It's kind of sad. Like watching a horse with two broken legs try to walk. But, yeah, the arc feels very much like another filler arc and I have the same issues with the bankais (Aizen not releasing his and vise verse with Yama); it's irritating.
Erm, if Yama's bankai is what people tend to believe, then it'd be kinda useless against Aizen.
Knjaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-05, 13:37   Link #556
Bassoonicmayhem
The Procrastinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knjaz View Post
Erm, if Yama's bankai is what people tend to believe, then it'd be kinda useless against Aizen.
How so? We've never seen it, just speculated, so if it one-hit kills this baddy (which it won't) why would it have had no affect on Aizen? (Unless Yama said something during the Winter War and I have forgotten--please, by all means, correct me.) I'm no up-to-date on the rumors of his omnipotent bankai.

I didn't really mean to imply that I wanted Yama and Aizen to duke it out bankai to bankai. I wanted our hero, Ichigo Kurosaki, to do that with Aizen; but it never happened. Instead Aizen just petered out. You could say that it was because of the hogyoku and that made his mind to mud, but I rather say that was bad writing, because it was.
Old 2012-09-05, 14:58   Link #557
sayde

Quote:
aren't quincies just humans with power? How has he lived for over a thousand years?
My theory is that Juha Bach was a former shinigami that betrayed Soul Society and eventually wound up hidding in the living world (probably after waging some kind of previous rebellion). He then developed and taught humans how to wield spiritual energy thus making him technically the first Quincy.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-05, 15:14   Link #558
haegar
mangaviking

^ I like that - prly one of the old guys very first students gone bad
Old 2012-09-05, 15:18   Link #559
sayde

^^exactly. A student from even before the days of Yamamoto's academy. Granted, it's only a slim chance I'm spot-on with that prediction though. But when Yamamoto told Aizen that there's hasn't been a single shinigami born more powerful than himself in over a thousand years, it would be interesting if he was referring to Juha Bach.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-05, 16:42   Link #560
Alchemist007
*Author

Even if he loses, at least we'll hopefully get to see Yama's power in action. Also, Juha's sideburn-stach seemed really bold this chap, to me anyways.

Tags
bleach, chapter