AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Old 2022-02-28, 12:50   Link #161
AnimeFan188

Ukraine's First Round Of Talks With Russia Ends Without A Ceasefire
Agreement

"The first round of talks between Ukrainian and Russian delegations near the Belarusian
border has ended without any apparent movement toward a ceasefire. Fighting
continued while the talks were going on, with the Russian military launching a
particularly brazen rocket artillery barrage on the city of Kharkiv that caused numerous
civilian causalities."

See:

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zon...fire-agreement

===========================================

US intel agencies are debating whether Putin has lost mental faculties
or is bluffing to unnerve the West, report says

"Putin had been previously seen as brutal but a coldly rational actor. Yet some experts
have said that his isolation during the COVID-19 pandemic, when he tightly restricted
his interactions with the wider world, might have affected his sense of reality."

See:

https://news.yahoo.com/us-intel-agen...115643395.html

A former US ambassador to Russia says Putin is becoming
'increasingly unhinged' and 'disconnected from reality'

""Remember, this guy's been in power for 22 years. He doesn't listen to his aides. Even
when I was ambassador eight years ago, he was very dismissive of anybody around
him. He's out at his compound, doesn't come into town very much, and, under COVID,
he's been more isolated," McFaul said."

See:

https://news.yahoo.com/former-us-amb...065712538.html

Who has given what to help Ukraine?

"This article details aid given to Ukraine before and during the invasion of the country by
Russian forces."

See:

https://ukdefencejournal.org.uk/who-...-help-ukraine/

Ukraine crisis: Japan should discuss Nato-like nuclear weapons sharing,
Shinzo Abe says

"Japan should discuss a possible sharing of nuclear weapons similar to that of Nato
members in the wake of the Russian invasion of Ukraine, former Prime Minister Shinzo
Abe said on Sunday."

See:

https://www.scmp.com/news/asia/east-...uclear-weapons

Over 5,000 Russian Protesters Arrested Since Invasion of Ukraine

"OVD-Info, which is actively tracking the number of arrests in Russia, reported on
Monday that at least 5,941 Russian protesters have been arrested since the country
first invaded Ukraine last week. On Sunday alone, the human rights group reported that
over 2,800 Russians were arrested across 56 different cities."

See:

https://www.newsweek.com/over-5000-r...kraine-1683254
AnimeFan188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-02-28, 15:08   Link #162
ramlaen

https://twitter.com/KofmanMichael/st...81975022940167

Quote:
Long thread about how I think the first 96 hours have gone, still very early/incomplete impressions. The initial Russian operation was premised on terrible assumptions about Ukraine’s ability & will to fight, and an unworkable concept of operations. Moscow badly miscalculated. 1/
ramlaen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-02-28, 15:58   Link #163
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
If the international response should tell anything, it's that China should think twice before invading Taiwan, for up to 10 years.
Old 2022-02-28, 16:27   Link #164
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
If the international response should tell anything, it's that China should think twice before invading Taiwan, for up to 10 years.
Lol, anyone with a straight mind knew that before Russia's invasion. That's why people didn't think Putin would invade, since people did think that while cruel, he was relatively calm-minded. We are passed the age of "let's invade everywhere and colonize as we want", and China wants to be seen as a trustable player in the economy.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-02-28, 16:38   Link #165
X207
Gamyūsa

for some reason the AG-3 satellite weapon system comes in handy to stop putin's war/invasion. the season 4 episode of Stargate SG-1 has Daniel become power hungry with advanced tech. he deployed a satelite waepon system to protect earth but instead used it to destroy moscow. that tech looks very tempting right now...
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-02-28, 18:53   Link #166
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Putin just had his Taekwondo black belt rescinded by thr international taekwondo association. If you're gonna sanction him might as well make it personal lol.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-02-28, 19:13   Link #167
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Putin just had his Taekwondo black belt rescinded by thr international taekwondo association. If you're gonna sanction him might as well make it personal lol.
Putin, black belt in judo, suspended as honorary president of International Judo Federation

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...uspends-putin/

-------------------------
If anyone saw today putin sit at the table live on tv with his economy cabinet, it is plain to see that vladimir is an scared little man, he gave them the same treatment he gave macron (sitting several meters apart in a table) and here there is no excuse of resisting to take a covid19 test, he is actually terrified about an assassination attempt by his closest collaborators like hitler had when thing went badlyduring wwII.

It is official, putin drank from his own koolaid, he actually believes all the BS he is saying and just like the USA in Afghanistan, he cant move forward but he cant pull back, either one is disastrous and he believes he is so smart that he will find a way out, by getting himself even more stuck in this mess of his own creation.
-------------------------
U.N. General Assembly set to isolate Russia over Ukraine invasion

https://www.reuters.com/world/ukrain...le-2022-02-28/
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-02-28, 19:56   Link #168
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Best news I've heard all day
Old 2022-02-28, 20:33   Link #169
Key Board
Carbon

I wonder if India or China will commit their own resources to this conflict (for either side?)

The only interaction I have with citizens of those countries are online, and my personal assessment is that a huge swaths of them believe that the west started this war, and Putin is only doing what he must.

That being said, this is a time of war, and propaganda makes it harder to differentiate real people from assets

//
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-02-28, 21:11   Link #170
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
That being said, this is a time of war, and propaganda makes it harder to differentiate real people from assets
Indeed

Fact check: 5 fakes of the war in Ukraine | DW News

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UO2F8nUi3oA
Old 2022-02-28, 21:19   Link #171
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Quote:
I wonder if India or China will commit their own resources to this conflict (for either side?)

The only interaction I have with citizens of those countries are online, and my personal assessment is that a huge swaths of them believe that the west started this war, and Putin is only doing what he must.

//
That said, I've seen accounts from expat Chinese/Indians in Europe/Oceania/Middle East/Africa saying that they want to go. These guys are well informed about what happend to Kyiv since Day 1. Some are already asking if they should show up at the border ASAP.

For the former, it'll be easier for them to travel to Kyiv via Polish land border since Beijing says that travel is restricted except if you need to travel to study, work or reunite with family overseas.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island

Last edited by Yu Ominae; 2022-02-28 at 21:49.
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-02-28, 22:04   Link #172
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yu Ominae View Post
That said, I've seen accounts from expat Chinese/Indians in Europe/Oceania/Middle East/Africa saying that they want to go. These guys are well informed about what happend to Kyiv since Day 1. Some are already asking if they should show up at the border ASAP.

For the former, it'll be easier for them to travel to Kyiv via Polish land border since Beijing says that travel is restricted except if you need to travel to study, work or reunite with family overseas.
For or against Russia?

FWIW India and China's leaders are much less unhinged compared to Putin and are more concerned with the economic bottom line than rekindling old glory days.
Old 2022-02-28, 22:13   Link #173
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Anti-Russia/Pro-Ukrainian.

Also, can confirms Malaysians who didn't evacuate in Ukraine joined up with the Ukrainians. Although a couple of cases is because they're married and have Ukrainian kids/relatives.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Old 2022-03-01, 02:05   Link #174
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

A 40 mile long Russian military convoy has arrived in Kyiv...
Old 2022-03-01, 04:27   Link #175
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

https://twitter.com/suheilhammoud/st...C-1dXMj8cpAAAA

OG volunteer tweet that started after Kyiv was making calls for help early on before Zelensky made it official.

PS - Snooped about Ukrainian Embassy FB pages. Curious to hear a lot of Japanese were willing to fight. Embassy restricted applications for those who have experience in the JSDF.

Old 2022-03-01, 09:12   Link #176
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramlaen View Post
No long range radios, no working logistics.....It's like they deliberately want their forces to get decimated, First Chechen War style. Invasion aside, because we know full well the tragedy on the civilian aspect, militarily, the sheer incompetence of sending thousands of unsupported conscripts with braindead leadership to be slaughtered can count as another atrocity in of itself tbh

And another thing.....Where is the VKS? Apart from opening DEAD strikes, it's noticeably unimpactful compared to Syria. Granted Syria had no real opposition but you'd hear more about air battles or something given how it's arguably the most critical theater of the war

Quote:

//
Why would they? Particularly India. That part of the world is alien to both of them

Last edited by Cosmic Eagle; 2022-03-01 at 09:41.
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-03-01, 09:49   Link #177
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

FIFA kicks Russia out of the World Cup

https://www.politico.eu/article/fifa...the-world-cup/

Now putin must be peeing his pants. Make no mistake, this is huge, since even the most apolitical disenfranchised Russian will notice this and start questioning what is their government up to.
--------------------
Belarus joins Russia’s war on Ukraine

https://www.politico.eu/article/bela...a-war-ukraine/

Hopefully this will backfire on lukashenko, leading to a popular revolt that will finally oust him, Nicolae Ceaușescu style.
Old 2022-03-01, 09:54   Link #178
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post

Why would they? Particularly India. That part of the world is alien to both of them
Agreed. It's like asking the Tatmadaw (Myanma military) to contribute troops to fight in eastern Europe.

Although Moscow asked Nur-Sultan for military assistance in the incursion and they outright refused.

Old 2022-03-01, 10:43   Link #179
Grifis
Eternal Dreamer

So last season not so long ago the terror was covid covid covid now it's all about bad Putin and Russia. Heck, I don't what exactly is going in Ukraine but the propaganda is so thick and even thicker than the covid terror that ended a few days ago. After a few photo ops, the Zelensky guy became world hero with performance worthy of an Oscar. In a way it's a good thing the world thinks Putin is crazy so he can proceed to do whatever needs to be done in Ukraine and it won't turn into some sort of world war. It doesn't look like he's going all out. Meanwhile, the information war is going full steam that reveal bad guys and fake gentlemen, hypocrites. At this rate of real life drama, Hollywood will be out of business.
Grifis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-03-01, 12:18   Link #180
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

https://mothership.sg/2022/02/can-si...oreign-legion/

No other media outlet in Singapore covered this, but Minister for Foreign Affairs Vivian Balakrishnan was asked by a MP if government officials will legally stop Singaporeans from trying to help the Ukrainians by enlisting with the International Legion.

Says that Singaporeans have a duty to defend the country/vital interests and not to fight in other conflict theaters, even if it's reasonable. Balakrishnan said that it's important to maintain good with superpowers and non-superpower countries.

Officially, they frown on it. Not sure if in the case they catch someone going to Ukraine that he or she will be treated with restraining orders.