HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbl View Post
I'd say she doesn't count due to
Spoiler:

But nevertheless that is my favourite pairing. Then Ichigo/Rukia

+1
The chick is nothing like Rukia, She's spunky, likes to mess around and very girly. While rukia acts like a guy. The only thing they have in common is hair color.
Old 2007-09-10, 21:18   Link #423
evenex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever_young View Post
At least we now know Ichigo was more of a Rukia type than Orihime.
Well there goes the Ichi x Ori theory of "Orihime has huge breast so she'll get Ichigo"

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
The chick is nothing like Rukia, She's spunky, likes to mess around and very girly. While rukia acts like a guy. The only thing they have in common is hair color.
Actually there eyes are similar as well except just with different colour and their personality are similar too. Like the way they act around Ichigo etc. also there are quite a few but in one scene she said she likes high places. When you look at Rukia's profile it also says she likes high places.
Old 2007-09-11, 05:09   Link #424
tbl
Affably Evil

Quote:
They fit into the same common character archetype for female leads, as opposed to Orihime who falls into the other archetype.

EDIT: Personally I much prefer the former.
Destroy. Destroy. Destroy. Slowly, completely, gently beyond comparison, cruelly to the point of numbness, I'll violate your life. That's right. The instant I rip off your limbs, tear open your rib and pull out your intestines, biting into your neck as you scream in agony, chewing through your eyes as I ignore your pleas for mercy and spreading your brains on the ground like butter! I am sane, well more or less

Last edited by tbl; 2007-09-11 at 05:52.
Old 2007-09-11, 05:22   Link #425
Forever_young
Zero

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbl View Post
They fit into the same common character archetype for female leads, as opposed to Orihime who falls into the other archetype.
Agreed.

In this Japanese poll Ichigo x Senna was voted 11 in the "Favourite Bleach pairing Poll". Ichigo x Rukia was placed 1st and Ichigo x Orihime was placed 50 (thats how unpopular this pairing is in Japan)
I was kinda dissappointed cause I wanted Ren x Ruki to come first but oh well
Old 2007-09-11, 11:19   Link #426
Hellychan
~chibi tenshi~

Quote:
Rukia is quite a spunky girl actually
And no, they don't have the same hair color...
Old 2007-09-11, 15:13   Link #427
Scarlett_Rain55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever_young View Post
Agreed.

In this Japanese poll Ichigo x Senna was voted 11 in the "Favourite Bleach pairing Poll". Ichigo x Rukia was placed 1st and Ichigo x Orihime was placed 50 (thats how unpopular this pairing is in Japan)
I was kinda dissappointed cause I wanted Ren x Ruki to come first but oh well

Btw dude, I was looking through the Grimmjaw/Inoue FC here and saw that someone posted a popularity poll and how IchiHime was #50. Also, people were also mocking them because even IchiKarin beat them. However, I've seen a lot of polls like that, and they change in preference all the time. Once I saw IchiHime and RenRuki both in 1st place while ichiruki were under 10 or 20. Once Ichigo and Tatsuki were 1st. I'll even show you some of the links:

http://www.37vote.net/comic/1160386693/ <oh wow, would you look at that, people like Kenpachi/Yachiru and Ichigi/Tatsuki over IchiRuki

http://www.37vote.net/comic/1168004257/ <RenRuki beat Ichi-ruki hah!

http://www.37vote.net/comic/1156355574/

Also, if you look at IchiHime, they're not too far behind. Just in that one poll they were #50, but it seriously changes all the time.
Old 2007-09-11, 17:37   Link #428
evenex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finalfantasyfan55 View Post
Btw dude, I was looking through the Grimmjaw/Inoue FC here and saw that someone posted a popularity poll and how IchiHime was #50. Also, people were also mocking them because even IchiKarin beat them. However, I've seen a lot of polls like that, and they change in preference all the time. Once I saw IchiHime and RenRuki both in 1st place while ichiruki were under 10 or 20. Once Ichigo and Tatsuki were 1st. I'll even show you some of the links:

http://www.37vote.net/comic/1160386693/ <oh wow, would you look at that, people like Kenpachi/Yachiru and Ichigi/Tatsuki over IchiRuki

http://www.37vote.net/comic/1168004257/ <RenRuki beat Ichi-ruki hah!

http://www.37vote.net/comic/1156355574/

Also, if you look at IchiHime, they're not too far behind. Just in that one poll they were #50, but it seriously changes all the time.
Ichi x Ori were never in the top 10. The only highest rank they got were 12 and that was when chapter 237(?) was released -_- They just kept going down the poll and the last time I check they were so unpopular in Japan they were in the 50th place. However Ichi x Ruki was always in thje top 5.
If I remember correctly Ichi x Ruki got the 1st spot 3 times and Ren x Ruki also got the 1st spot 3 times.
Old 2007-09-11, 17:52   Link #429
Melodymix
Ying Yang

Ichi x Ruki, Ren x Ruki and Ulq x Hime are the most popular pairing in Japan. In the poll you guys are talking about Ulq x Hime are on the 2nd spot (that poll was done when
Spoiler for manga:

Ichi x Ruki is so popular they are going to have an Ichi x Ruki festival in Tokyo, inside this building somewhere on November

Last edited by Hellychan; 2007-09-11 at 18:06. Reason: Added spoiler tag (!)
Old 2007-09-11, 23:56   Link #430
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

I don't see how Rukia is spunky, Rukia's a hard ass. Senna is not. I really don't see a relation here. Is it some disillusion that fans are creating?
Old 2007-09-12, 01:26   Link #431
evenex

No, not really. A lot of people thought the style the character is drawen is similar with their eyes, face shape, the way they act etc. And like I said before there are quite a few similarity between them.

Quote:
Rukia is quite a spunky girl actually
And no, they don't have the same hair color...
Kubo sometimes draw Rukia's hair purplish. Just look at the Vibe book
Old 2007-09-12, 01:44   Link #432
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

If someone can show me Rukia running around giggling and teasing, and thinking about hair accessories then, please show me, cause this Rukia that's being mentioned doesn't fit the Rukia I've been seeing.

As to about the thing about eyes, almost all the characters have the same kinda eyes, its his art style. Ugh... forget it, Its like I'm talking to a wall. Oh hair color? How many people have black hair color? Just different color for the highlights, typically purple or dark blue or sometimes whitish... but whatever...
Old 2007-09-12, 11:35   Link #433
Hellychan
~chibi tenshi~

Then maybe you forgot how she imposed herself living in Ichigo's room at the very beginning (and even after the soul society arc, when she came back to the human world she was plotting to stay in his room, though in the end she was offered a place in Karin and Yuzu's room ).
Also the way she acts around Ichigo school mates or when she was small, she fought for a living with Renji and their former friends.

I see this behaviour of her as being spunky unless I don't understand the definition of that word (then sorry for not being an English native speaker)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara
If someone can show me Rukia running around giggling and teasing, and thinking about hair accessories then, please show me
Well I think your description fits more for the word "lively" or "high-spirited". Except in battle or serious scene moments, Rukia is quite lively too. And she is girly nonetheless: as far as I know she likes wearing dress a lot and is very interested in human world fashion (I'm talking about the Sealed Sword Frenzy OAV, at the beginning we can see her "studying" the gothic-lolita fashion).
I don't know if you're reading the manga, but a particular scene in the MoN movie is taken from the manga: I mean when Senna was in Ichigo's room, she acted the same as Rukia, except Rukia didn't fall asleep being interrupted by some other shinigamis xD

I know we don't see it often, but sometimes, Mr. Kubo likes to draw Rukia with some accessories in her hair too:

Spoiler for pics:

And remember, wearing hair accessories doesn't mean being girly:
Spoiler for pic:

Though I have to admit it, Rukia's voice actor sounds less girlish than Senna's. Try to imagine Rukia with Senna's voice actor, then maybe you would be able to see her as being a little more girly.

I don't think I'm creating any disillusions, I'm just stating what I'm seeing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evenex
Kubo sometimes draw Rukia's hair purplish. Just look at the Vibe book
Yeah I know that (I actually like those purple highlights) I was just pointing out that in the movie they didn't have the same hair color

Spoiler for pic:
Old 2007-09-12, 14:41   Link #434
EdAnnoyingOlderSis13
Ed'sAnnoyingSister

Send a message via AIM to EdAnnoyingOlderSis13
Hey what about Renji/Ichigo?Eh?That pairing needs some love too!outs qutely before Envy comes and drags her off after stifling her screams and pleas of help and drags her into a room and locks it:
Old 2007-09-12, 15:23   Link #435
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

thats just creapy .. we all know Renji likes Rukia @_@

and Ichigo and the girl from the new movie is my Fav Pair.. and no she is not their daughter.
Old 2007-09-12, 16:48   Link #436
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Have to admit after that movie IchigoxSenna really became something I like. Hadn't been too concerned about who Ichigo ended up with. Just really liked her character and seemed like a pretty nice pairing anyways.

Though there hasn't been much since SS the IshidaxInoue pairing wasn't bad to me.
Old 2007-09-12, 18:15   Link #437
Esukaresu

Ichigo x Orihime FTW. =D
Old 2007-09-12, 20:30   Link #438
watta

I may be wrong but, it seemed Senna was the only female character Ichigo thought of as more than just a friend. So I like IchigoxSenna.
Old 2007-09-12, 23:03   Link #439
Forever_young
Zero

Quote:
If someone can show me Rukia running around giggling and teasing, and thinking about hair accessories then, please show me, cause this Rukia that's being mentioned doesn't fit the Rukia I've been seeing.

As to about the thing about eyes, almost all the characters have the same kinda eyes, its his art style. Ugh... forget it, Its like I'm talking to a wall. Oh hair color? How many people have black hair color? Just different color for the highlights, typically purple or dark blue or sometimes whitish... but whatever...
This isn't 'Case Closed' where most characters are drawn with the same eyes. You can't say Renji or Ichigo has the same eyes. Even Rangiku and Orihime has a different styled eye (Rangiku's one is drawn more sharper)
The style of Rukia and Senna's eyes is quite similar.

Anyway I'm glad my fav pairing still possible (I hope) Renji x Rukia
Old 2007-09-14, 03:25   Link #440
EdAnnoyingOlderSis13
Ed'sAnnoyingSister

Send a message via AIM to EdAnnoyingOlderSis13
Come on.Renji/Ichigo is the BEST!:huggles the pairing:Someone in this forum has to be a fan other then me.
Closed Thread