Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-09-02, 08:15   Link #1
xris
Just call me Ojisan

One Piece - Chapter 513 [Manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread Guidelines
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.
Old 2008-09-02, 13:26   Link #2
stigi

Hopefully we get to know where Zoro disappeared to and also how Luffy & co gets closer to survival.
Old 2008-09-02, 17:47   Link #3
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by stigi View Post
Hopefully we get to know where Zoro disappeared to and also how Luffy & co gets closer to survival.
Well, let us hope that Kuma doesn't make any of the other Strawhat members to disappear such as Nami; that would be heart-breaking. And even though Luffy has his high bounty I hope he won't be foolish enough to make Kuma touch him too. I also hope Kizaru is pulled out of battle because this chaos has gone on long enough.
Old 2008-09-02, 19:35   Link #4
tzia_n
Lurker

Send a message via Yahoo to tzia_n
well maybe dragon would yet again make an appearance to save the crew or something. there are only a few things more important for kizaru and co than avenging the nobles, maybe the WB battle or dragon appearing or something
Old 2008-09-03, 03:43   Link #5
james0246

I only just got the raw. Crap and a half. Kuma sends everyone away. It'll take awhile to fully read the scans (my scans are pretty shitty), but if someone has not posted a summary in a few hours, I will post a translation.

---

Just some brief details.

Kuma, of his own volition, sends all of the Strawhats...somewhere. Sentomaru mentions that those that are "bounced" away travel for three days and three nights to...somewhere that only Kuma knows (this also helps with the three day time limit that Rayleigh gave the crew).

Kuma and Rayleigh have a hushed conversation dealing with Kuma's possible betrayal and presumably Kuma also tells Rayleigh where he sent the Strawhats, so that Rayleigh can bring the Thousand Sunny to them.

Kizaru yells at Kuma, and Kuma rejects Kizaru and the government’s role in this situation.

Finally, as Kuma sends Luffy away, he tells Luffy that he will never meet him again.

The final caption speaks of the complete defeat of all the Strawhats.

For more details, wait until Aohige posts a more complete summary, or someone steals Aohige's translation and improperly posts the translation without proper citation .

---

Now that the Strawhats are sent away, we have a perfect segue into a full scale Whitebeard v WG war. I imagine that next chapter will show the start of the war.

Last edited by james0246; 2008-09-03 at 04:20.
Old 2008-09-03, 03:53   Link #6
Charred Knight

Well it appears One Piece is now over. It was great while it lasted, but sometimes its time to say goodbye.

Farewell Strawhat Pirates
Old 2008-09-03, 05:01   Link #7
BestKeptSecret

woah sounds amazing..

I share your opinion james
I think the next chapters is about the war.. lets get it started
Old 2008-09-03, 05:16   Link #8
The Imadori
Master of the sonic roll

Wow didn't see THIS coming a few chapters ago. I must say Oda is just a genious who never seizes to amaze me
Old 2008-09-03, 05:35   Link #9
chitgoks

the spoiler said that kuma teleported the crew somewhere and whispered to rayleigh where, perhaps to rendezvouz with him at least that's what's said in MH
Old 2008-09-03, 06:56   Link #10
ChaosPaladin
Bringer of Order & Chaos

interesting advancement. now tt strawhat is out of the pic for at least 3 days, i wonder whether they will show kidd and law. i think kizaru also mentioned they are to be captured as well.
Old 2008-09-03, 07:42   Link #11
Serous

Originally Posted by Aohige_AP
Chapter 513: Can't save them!!!
coverstory: Excessive Justice. Lucci doesn't hold back on the pirates

From where Zoro dissapeared

Usopp: What the hell did you do to Zoro!!! He was.... right here in front of our eyes just a while ago!!!
Luffy: Zoro!!! Where did you go--!!?
Kuma: .....

Kizaru: Bertholomew Kuma...!!! Shichibukai is supposed to be summoned to the HQ!! This is why pirates can't be trusted....
Franky: Is it finally the real one? Zoro got erased
Nami: No mistaken about it...I've seen that power before. A girl was erased just like that at Thriller Bark, and never returned...

Sentoumaru: Kuma!!! Why is that bastard here!!
Luffy: Hey!! What did he do to Zoro!!? Where did he dissapear to!!!
Sentoumaru: I'm the tightest mouth in the world. Don't know if it's true or not, but I hear people bounced by his paws fly through the sky 3 days and 3 nights. To where, only he knows. At least not on this island.... Not somewhere you can go see right away. Maybe on the other side of the ocean.

Kuma erases PX-1 also, saying "don't get in my way", then proceeds to erase everyone.
Zoro, Brook, Usopp, and Sanji all dissapear.

Kuma: Hades Lord Rayleigh, aren't you....
Kizaru: Kuma....

Rayleigh and Kuma whispers something to each other.

Rayleigh: You want me to trust what you say...?
Kuma: It's your choice. I'm endangering my position with this too.
Kizaru: hey Kuma, what's the meaning of this...?
Kuma: In situation where the government doesn't get involved, we're not obligated to be friendly to the Marine. I'm not going to answer your question.

Franky, Nami, Chopper, and Robin all gets erased. Luffy is the only one left.

Luffy: What's up with me...!! I can't even save one nakama...!!!
Kuma: We will never meet again.... farewell.

Luffy dissapears too

[Grandline Shabondy isles 12GR.... This day, Mugiwara pirates, led by captain Monkey D. Luffy.... collapsed completely]

End
Old 2008-09-03, 07:47   Link #12
Prestige

Hmm what I managed to read from initial spoilers it happens like this;

Everyone is shocked where Zoro dissappeared
Nami tells that Perona got teleported same way

Kuma starts to teleport Strawhats one by one

Kizaru/Sentoumaru are furious to Kuma and demand to him answer what the hell is he doing?

Kuma replys that he only has to answer to World Goverment, Not to marines

Kizaru says that Pirates cant be never trusted

Kuma/Rayleigh have small chat *whispering

Luffy is desperate and crying for his crew and being unable to save a single nakama

He gets teleported too

Final line ''[Grandline Shabondy isles 12GR.... This day, Mugiwara pirates, led by captain Monkey D. Luffy.... collapsed completely]''

---

Well that is general script of coming chapter though it covers only bits of chapter and we will have more detailed information on future and full chapter released at Friday.

This chapter turned out to be shocking.

This can mean end of Strawhats,timeskip,seperation of crew,focus will change to diffrent events/charecters or we might see them right next chapter.

Oda did nice job again anyway
Old 2008-09-03, 08:20   Link #13
marvelB

Ha ha, wow, EVERYONE'S posting a summary!

Anyways... wow. Never expected original Kuma to go THAT far. Kuma PX-1, then the entire crew... wow. Still, if the theory about Kuma working with Dragon is true, then what he whispered to Rayleigh was probably a message from Dragon, or possibly Garp. Either way, I was shocked, especially by the last sentence:

This day, Mugiwara pirates, led by captain Monkey D. Luffy.... collapsed completely.

Just... wow.

So where do we go from here? It looks like not just Zoro, but the entire crew's seperated from each other now. Did Kuma really send them to random islands around the Grand Line? Perhaps they're all at random spots in Sabaody? Maybe they'll all have their own mini-adventures before they all reunite to tackle the New World? Once again Oda amazes me at the amount of possibilites he can make out of such a scenario. Even before THIS chapter comes out, I eagerly await the next one....

Oh, nearly forgot to say: It's quite convenient when Sentoumaru said that Kuma can supposedly make people sail through the air for three days and nights.... which is just about enough time for Rayleigh to finish the coating job.
Old 2008-09-03, 10:10   Link #14
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

At least we know Strawhats are safe (or let's just say they will be safe). And, probably, Kuma, acting this way, sacrificed his position, and his life. This is quite big coming from a Shichibukai (something I would only expect from Mihawk, to save Shanks for instance, or who knows, maybe the strawhats too).

Another thing is will Kuma also help the other big names on the island?
Old 2008-09-03, 10:11   Link #15
Rainbowman

Are you guys telling me that Kuma made EVERY Strawhat member disappear including Luffy? I gotta tell you, One Piece should NOT end like this not when the story was getting good. (crying mews)
Old 2008-09-03, 10:29   Link #16
marvelB

Another interesting thing I noticed about original Kuma about this chapter is that he seems to be as unruly as the rest of the Shichibukai. I mean heck, he just flat-out ignores Kizaru, a marine admiral, to talk to Rayleigh after pulling some of his vanishing acts. Maybe this means that the government's been using the PX models for most of their dirty work, and only calls on the original for special cases...

And I'm most definitely interested in the meaning behind Kuma telling Luffy that they wouldn't meet again. Is he referring to the upcoming war against Whitebeard? Maybe he intends to die in battle? Hmm....

Edit: Nearly forgot to mention this, but now it would make more sense if the original Kuma was the one who faced Law and Kidd. If he made both of their crews disappear as well, then Kizaru would no longer have a reason to stay on Sabaody, since he "took care" of all of the prime suspects of the auction house incident for him. Heh, chances are, he'll probably make Rayleigh disappear as well (I dunno if his ability will be so effective on a Logia, so I have my doubts about him using it on Kizaru)...

Last edited by marvelB; 2008-09-03 at 11:13.
Old 2008-09-03, 11:47   Link #17
Phenomenal
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
Quote:
[Grandline Shabondy isles 12GR.... This day, Mugiwara pirates, led by captain Monkey D. Luffy.... collapsed completely]
Bwhahwhaha One Piece is over, Kuma ended it, that's a wrap people!!!

Nah nah all jokes aside, I am guessing we won't see the SH crew for a while until AFTER the battle between Whitebeard and the Shichibukai.

Last edited by Phenomenal; 2008-09-03 at 12:38.
Old 2008-09-03, 12:29   Link #18
Sakuranbo
So Like A Rose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
Are you guys telling me that Kuma made EVERY Strawhat member disappear including Luffy? I gotta tell you, One Piece should NOT end like this not when the story was getting good. (crying mews)
The series isn't over yet. I wouldn't be surprised if Luffy and Co were warped to Fishman Island, in preparation for the Whitebeard and the Marines battle royal. (similar to the Jiraiya vs Pein arc [Naruto]).
Old 2008-09-03, 12:50   Link #19
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by KurayamiLeader View Post
The series isn't over yet. I wouldn't be surprised if Luffy and Co were warped to Fishman Island, in preparation for the Whitebeard and the Marines battle royal. (similar to the Jiraiya vs Pein arc [Naruto]).

I highly doubt that they went to Merman Island. The spoiler already confirms that Kuma's "teleportation" is a result of his paw fruit power, so if Kuma were to "deflect" them 10,000 meters underwater, they'd... y'know, die from the pressure. Hachi and co. already stressed that that the underwater pressure would be too much for humans to handle, so they need to travel via a coated ship. Chances are, Kuma didn't deflect them very far from Sabaody (I still think Mariejoa is a good possibility), so they can all spend the next 3 days searching/reuniting with each other while Rayleigh finishes the coating job.

By the way, I noticed that the way the chapter ended was pretty similar to the end of Ace's battle with Blackbeard, where we got a narration that spoke of grave tidings being afoot. So yeah, it's most likely that Oda will cut to the government's war with Whitebeard next chapter. Like I said in a previous topic, we should see the rest of Whitebeard's commanders in action. I'm actually quite interested in seeing what Marco's abilities are....
Old 2008-09-03, 13:21   Link #20
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

I really didn't expect this ..
even with 500 chapters One piece still rocks :O