AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-05-31, 08:28   Link #2061
ChainLegacy
廉頗

I kind of wish Toriyama had made some of the original DB fighter a little more useful, especially Tenshinhan. He was a very cool character in DB, and still seems cool in DBZ until you realize he can't really achieve anything anymore.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-31, 11:29   Link #2062
roriconfan
Banned

Send a message via MSN to roriconfan
Yamcha, Tien and Chaozu lost any purpose in this series but they were still around as cannon fodder in battles. They were practically being trashed around in order to make Goku's arrival more cool. It was ok the first time (Saiyan saga) but in Android and Buu sagas it was just not interesting anymore. It's not like they could really be killed or something.
roriconfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-31, 11:57   Link #2063
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Tenshinhan still has a pretty damn awesome moment during the Cell saga though.
Old 2010-05-31, 14:51   Link #2064
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Especially the one used when the Artificial Humans first appeared in the sky.
That one have been played since Trunks' first appearance, and seems to be the central piece of this arc. It is a remix of Terminator Salvation intro theme, so it's pretty fitting (people coming from the future, androids, etc...)
Old 2010-05-31, 14:54   Link #2065
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
That one have been played since Trunks' first appearance, and seems to be the central piece of this arc. It is a remix of Terminator Salvation intro theme, so it's pretty fitting (people coming from the future, androids, etc...)
I meant to say first appeared in the city. Yeah i recognized that piece from Trunks' first episode.
Old 2010-05-31, 15:10   Link #2066
Kazu-kun

Quote:
I meant to say first appeared in the city. Yeah i recognized that piece from Trunks' first episode.
My bad then. Yeah, that piece is pretty good too. I like all the new tracks for this arc quite a lot!
Old 2010-05-31, 15:19   Link #2067
Blaat

Quote:
That is probably my favourite new track of the android saga so far but I didn't know it was a remix of Terminator salvation. So thanks for the link,

Quote:
Tenshinhan still has a pretty damn awesome moment during the Cell saga though.
Don't forget that Yamucha also had a pretty important role in the Cell saga: carrying Goku and Gohan.
Old 2010-05-31, 16:05   Link #2068
LuckyCat
Wise Kitty Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lange Neus View Post
59 might have been the first episode where the pace was just too slow for my taste. I hope it's just this episode that was hard to addapt and not the whole saga.
It's pretty much exactly what happens in the manga, though. Also Toriyama does most of the artwork for this episode, so even if it's slow, it looks good
LuckyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-31, 16:11   Link #2069
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiosai View Post
It's pretty much exactly what happens in the manga, though. Also Toriyama does most of the artwork for this episode, so even if it's slow, it looks good
Super Saiyan Goku looks amazingly well drawn in the next episode from what I can see in the preview as well. He looks much better than his Namek counterpart. Can't wait to see Vegeta's arrival

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
DeX-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-31, 17:18   Link #2070
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
My bad then. Yeah, that piece is pretty good too. I like all the new tracks for this arc quite a lot!
Yeah i very much agree. I knew we were going to be in for a treat with the new pieces for this arc, and it's only the beginning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
Don't forget that Yamucha also had a pretty important role in the Cell saga: carrying Goku and Gohan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeX-kun View Post
Super Saiyan Goku looks amazingly well drawn in the next episode from what I can see in the preview as well. He looks much better than his Namek counterpart. Can't wait to see Vegeta's arrival
The art does improve quite a bit during this arc, and just keeps on getting better as we head into the Cell Games arc. Personally i prefer the look of the show during the Namek/Freeza arc, though that's just me.
Old 2010-05-31, 19:18   Link #2071
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Also Toriyama does most of the artwork for this episode, so even if it's slow, it looks good
This is news to me. As far as I know, Toriyama didn't do any of the artwork for the anime.
Old 2010-05-31, 19:35   Link #2072
LuckyCat
Wise Kitty Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
This is news to me. As far as I know, Toriyama didn't do any of the artwork for the anime.
Well, as for the actual animation itself, that is probably handled by a team, but the stills that are drawn by Toriyama are unmistakably the same style as the manga. He also does the majority of the landscapes since that is his specialty.
Old 2010-05-31, 22:45   Link #2073
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
but the stills that are drawn by Toriyama are unmistakably the same style as the manga.
The anime has several different animation teams. It just so happens that one of them most closely resembles Toriyama's style.
Old 2010-06-01, 01:19   Link #2074
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

So I was just flipping through channels with nothing to watch and conveniently stumbled upon the dubbed airing of Kai (on Nick Toons >_>) Does anyone have the list of the English VA cast? It sounds like they might have changed Gohan's VA or something because his voice sounds different but I could be wrong, it has been a while since I've watched this series dubbed.

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
DeX-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-01, 02:13   Link #2075
Vegard Aune

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeX-kun View Post
It sounds like they might have changed Gohan's VA or something because his voice sounds different but I could be wrong, it has been a while since I've watched this series dubbed.
Yes, Gohan's voice has changed. He was voiced by Stephanie Naldony in Z, but in Kai, he's voiced by Colleen Clinkenbeard.
Old 2010-06-01, 10:59   Link #2076
LuckyCat
Wise Kitty Cat

Quote:
The anime has several different animation teams. It just so happens that one of them most closely resembles Toriyama's style.
Well whether Toriyama actually did it or just directed it closely, it's still an awesome team. It seems like they disappeared for GT and the games.
Old 2010-06-01, 13:01   Link #2077
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Well whether Toriyama actually did it or just directed it closely, it's still an awesome team. It seems like they disappeared for GT and the games.
For GT, it's understandable. No one wants to be associated with that garbage .

The art style when Gohan kills Cell is one of my absolute favorites as well. That same team also did the animation for Goku's warp Kamehameha and Gohan transforming into SS2, just to name a few.
Old 2010-06-01, 17:38   Link #2078
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
The art style when Gohan kills Cell is one of my absolute favorites as well. That same team also did the animation for Goku's warp Kamehameha and Gohan transforming into SS2, just to name a few.
Yeah there's some seriously good pieces of animation to be experienced yet again thanks to Kai. It's going to be one hell of a ride once this arc kick starts with the next episode.
Old 2010-06-01, 22:59   Link #2079
Vicious108

Quote:
Yep, as annoyingly inconsistent the art style is throughout DBZ, thankfully they do manage to usually get the most competent teams for the most important episodes and moments.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-06, 01:03   Link #2080
Peanutbutter

Spoiler for Ep 60:
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote