Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2012-07-10, 10:11   Link #1021
Yesman
PMS Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
Quite funny how Kio manages to pilot the Age-3 fine for the last few episodes
He seemed pretty sluggish when he fought Asem.

Quote:
One possible reason is that he got used to Age-3 Orbital and its speed & maneuverability
That’s what I thought as well, and Kio seemed capable enough to keep up with Zeheart(along with his squad) 4 episodes ago.
Yesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-10, 10:54   Link #1022
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

As far as his first battle in space went, he had no experience in fighting in a zero-g environment. Bisidian didn't give him time to practice in a simulator after all.
Old 2012-07-15, 18:15   Link #1023
Nvis
Where are the good animes

A waste to scrap AGE-3, I'd say.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-15, 18:42   Link #1024
Raysoul

Age-3 owns on Earth, sucks on space. If only they could reuse the Fortress wear on space.
Old 2012-07-15, 20:38   Link #1025
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I'm honestly surprised by the Stangle Rifle. I thought it would basically be a three-in-one version of the previous three Gundams' rifle weaponry: the regular mode being like the AGE-1's DODS Rifle, the wide "charge shot" mode being like the AGE-2's Hyper DODS Rifle, and the bazooka mode being like the AGE-3's Sigmasis Rifle.

But the regular mode seems to have the Sigmasis Rifle's level of firepower. Just how powerful are the charge shot and bazooka modes going to be?
Old 2012-07-15, 22:46   Link #1026
casval cehack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
I'm honestly surprised by the Stangle Rifle. I thought it would basically be a three-in-one version of the previous three Gundams' rifle weaponry: the regular mode being like the AGE-1's DODS Rifle, the wide "charge shot" mode being like the AGE-2's Hyper DODS Rifle, and the bazooka mode being like the AGE-3's Sigmasis Rifle.

But the regular mode seems to have the Sigmasis Rifle's level of firepower. Just how powerful are the charge shot and bazooka modes going to be?
One would be a plausible extension of the Blaustia cannon, though I'm not sure which. The FX also needs some bigger to deal with the AFOS thing in the OP4. Maybe Bazooka mode enchanced the C-Funnels.
Old 2012-07-16, 01:30   Link #1027
Nvis

No one uses shields anymore(current era)? Or just too pro?

AGE-1 had a big shield, AGE-2 had a very small shield, AGE-3 no shield.
Old 2012-07-16, 01:38   Link #1028
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by casval cehack View Post
One would be a plausible extension of the Blaustia cannon, though I'm not sure which. The FX also needs some bigger to deal with the AFOS thing in the OP4. Maybe Bazooka mode enchanced the C-Funnels.
I'm not sure... the bazooka mode for the Stangle Rifle is probably going to be amazingly powerful on its own. But yeah, I imagine the AGE-FX will need all of its weaponry when it goes up against Sid. That thing's already killed one Gundam after all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
No one uses shields anymore(current era)? Or just too pro?

AGE-1 had a big shield, AGE-2 had a very small shield, AGE-3 no shield.
The Gundam's armor was strengthened with each successive generation, to the point where a shield was unnecessary. Compare to the Vagan mobile suits, who only used shields on two mobile suits--and both of those shields were actually weapons.
Old 2012-07-16, 08:41   Link #1029
casval cehack

The C-Funnels did function as shields during the FX's debut, though they need to combine into clusters to be effective.
Old 2012-07-16, 09:15   Link #1030
Awrya
U mad?

Standard shields are pretty much useless now. The weaponry has advanced to the point of penetrating/ignore the shield's defence.
This is Gundam, in how many series do standard shields play a large role in the final arcs?
Old 2012-07-16, 13:26   Link #1031
Nvis

BTW, still no 360 degree cockpit for the "final" Gundam? Especially when it's made for X-Rounder?

Disappointed.
Old 2012-07-16, 13:32   Link #1032
Vsin
Aldracity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
BTW, still no 360 degree cockpit for the "final" Gundam? Especially when it's made for X-Rounder?

Disappointed.
Ehhh, Freedom, Strike Freedom, 00 Riser and Quanta didn't have 360 cockpits either. If anything, the 360 cockpit seems to be UC exclusive since I legit can't remember a 360 cockpit anywhere other than either a UC series or G.
Vsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-16, 13:38   Link #1033
Nvis

You sure about Freedom/Strike Freedom?
Old 2012-07-16, 14:09   Link #1034
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Freedom, Strike Freedom, and 00 Raiser all had 360 cockpits. All of the season 2 Gundams in 00 had that kind of cockpit.
Old 2012-07-16, 15:43   Link #1035
tsunade666

^ Really? I only notice them looking at front and have side camera's in their cockpit but I didn't notice them having a 360 cockpit like the sphere like cockpit of gundam G and UC.
Old 2012-07-16, 21:47   Link #1036
TGNail
Parody Monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinzz View Post
At least Dark Hound is getting quite a bit of action scenes in that episode and show's off how it utilizes its close quarter combat weapons with its flash, and hook shots to keep the enemy within striking range. I'm disappointed in AGE-3. That suit was such a nice design as well as all of its wears, yet it barely gets to do anything, and each wear had like 1 episode where it was shown off destroying the battlefield, and that was it. I'm starting to really hate this time progression thing because of how it isn't showing the gundam at its full potential, instead it's trying to sell the toys. And now we have AGE-FX which will be shown slicing off heads of mobile suits and funnel spamming. Where has all the action gone?!
Technically, AGE-3 was built using Asem's combat data and was originally made for him. You can tell that it's basically an armored AGE-2--built for a non-X-rounder super pilot so he can take some damage without major critical failures. It was not designed for a X-rounder prodigy like Kio, and they show that by how clunky he operates it. AGE-3 is what Asem would had use had he not become a pirate. AGE-FX is truly a machine built exclusively for Kio's battle style.
Old 2012-07-16, 22:17   Link #1037
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by TGNail View Post
Technically, AGE-3 was built using Asem's combat data and was originally made for him. You can tell that it's basically an armored AGE-2--built for a non-X-rounder super pilot so he can take some damage without major critical failures. It was not designed for a X-rounder prodigy like Kio, and they show that by how clunky he operates it. AGE-3 is what Asem would had use had he not become a pirate. AGE-FX is truly a machine built exclusively for Kio's battle style.
That seems a bit odd though. I mean seeing the direction the AGE 2 evolved it seems like a strange diversion to just be following Asemu's combat data. Now I could believe the part about a cockpit that can be ejected to protect the pilot after what happened to him, but AGE 3 seemed too heavy and firepower based to be based on Asemu's data. Not exactly a unit based on speed and maneuverability. I mean Asemu probably could have done more with that thing, but really it seemed like a blunder from the AGE System from the start.
Old 2012-07-16, 22:17   Link #1038
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGNail View Post
Where are you getting this information? Given that Flit had to build the AGE-3 personally AFTER the AGE-2 was obliterated, I seriously doubt that it was built for Asem. Unless you've got a source that says otherwise...
Old 2012-07-16, 22:20   Link #1039
TGNail
Parody Monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
That seems a bit odd though. I mean seeing the direction the AGE 2 evolved it seems like a strange diversion to just be following Asemu's combat data. Now I could believe the part about a cockpit that can be ejected to protect the pilot after what happened to him, but AGE 3 seemed too heavy and firepower based to be based on Asemu's data. Not exactly a unit based on speed and maneuverability. I mean Asemu probably could have done more with that thing, but really it seemed like a blunder from the AGE System from the start.
Asem's AGE-2 was totaled and he was critically injured. So the AGE Builder's response was NEED MOAR ARMOR!! Sounds like a logical evolution path.
Old 2012-07-16, 22:21   Link #1040
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Where are you getting this information? Given that Flit had to build the AGE-3 personally AFTER the AGE-2 was obliterated, I seriously doubt that it was built for Asem. Unless you've got a source that says otherwise...
I think he's talking about the data that was acquired by the AGE system when Asemu was using it in the first place.

Therefore the AGE 3 would've been built around Asemu's skillset since it's based on his combat data.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote