AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2014-05-08, 00:52   Link #181
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraluka View Post
Just Vento being cocky.
Yeah I guess so, she's definitely a grouchy person, lol back then at least.

I'm also wondering, if, Could have Touma found a way to break her Divine Punishment Spell on a single person. Like Index could it be in the back of the throat or something and he needs to somehow reach it. Although if its in the lungs GOOD LUCK trying that haha.

“No, I don’t get it at all. I may claim to ‘understand’ Othinus, but I only know her as a girl. I don’t understand anything when it comes to her being a Magic God.” - Touma NT13
Ravagerblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-08, 01:02   Link #182
tsunade666

Touma could break Divine Punishment on a person but it will only stay awake. As long as he holds the part where its been affected (in this case the chest) but after removing his hands. The effect would probably kick in again. Probably. Because Divine Punishment acts as passive spell that attacks anyone that meets the requirement inside the affected area.
Old 2014-11-30, 14:17   Link #183
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

Again I was re-reading the series and you know, for as such a small part of it happening I really do like when Index figures out stuff like this, barring this is pretty much the only time IIRC.

Quote:
Unlike when Index had guided Tsukuyomi Komoe by bringing her knowledge of magic to the forefront, Queen Elizard had completely hidden any hint that it was magic. The magic had been brought within the people in such a way that they could freely use it but could not approach the truth of what it was. In doing so, Elizard had completely avoided the terrible risk of contaminating the peoples’ brains with knowledge from a grimoire.

Index looked around at the maids and cooks who were flying around through the air.

They did not know what it was that they were controlling.

And yet they were satisfied. They had gone beyond worrying about what rules were behind it or how it worked. They were merely giving their all to participate in this night’s Halloween party.

That was Elizard.

She was a true queen who was overflowing with magic and who ruled the country in which the Anglican Church was based.

(Could it be…?)

The girl who had completely memorized 103,000 grimoires looked out on that battle and suddenly thought of something she had never considered before.

(Could it be that one of the reasons I was created was to provide support for this…?)
For Index is English/British, I'd really like for her to start/eventually learn about her past/start learning her English roots. Becoming something similar towards what England has with the Royal Family Angelican's and Knights, Becoming the Head of the Anglican's maybe?

I think my thoughts are put in order... lol

“No, I don’t get it at all. I may claim to ‘understand’ Othinus, but I only know her as a girl. I don’t understand anything when it comes to her being a Magic God.” - Touma NT13
Ravagerblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-30, 23:24   Link #184
dazo
english for dummies 2 ed.

Quote:
I'd really like for her to start/eventually learn about her past/start learning her English roots.
i see...so, this is how she is going to fall from grace......
_____
index: do you really though that i would never notice...that you used me for you own benefices.......how you mess with my parent.,..that you wiped my memories for you own convenience .and....how i was turned in a shackle for my * giggle* companions...

england church: ....

index: its over..i am going to destroy you illusion of control and power with the same power that you give me, and for the one you slave me! ~all magicians in england die today~

touma: ...nope nope... fu this..i am out!

aleisteir: i wasn't expecting this...but, this is so hilarious, where is my camera!

____
now, seriously, index back-story should have been explained in ot ...now.....we are in the magic god arc...except for vol 11....

Quote:
Becoming the Head of the Anglican's maybe?
what!
no, that is boring!, man
Old 2014-12-24, 09:22   Link #185
Fizix
Nitpicking

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazo View Post
i see...so, this is how she is going to fall from grace......
_____
index: do you really though that i would never notice...that you used me for you own benefices.......how you mess with my parent.,..that you wiped my memories for you own convenience .and....how i was turned in a shackle for my * giggle* companions...

england church: ....

index: its over..i am going to destroy you illusion of control and power with the same power that you give me, and for the one you slave me! ~all magicians in england die today~

touma: ...nope nope... fu this..i am out!

aleisteir: i wasn't expecting this...but, this is so hilarious, where is my camera!

____
now, seriously, index back-story should have been explained in ot ...now.....we are in the magic god arc...except for vol 11....

what!
no, that is boring!, man
I'm almost convinced that Index is going to be some kind of tritagonist towards the end, hence why we know nothing about her. I see quite a bit of foreshadowing with her, right from the beginning.

Of course I could be completely wrong, but there is almost certainly more than meets the eye with her, its almost a given when you know so little about such a central character.
Fizix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-24, 09:49   Link #186
Miraluka
Banned

How could I miss dazo's post? Do it!

Let Britain burn!!
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-24, 09:52   Link #187
Fizix
Nitpicking

Quote:

Let Britain burn!!
Yeah, please dont
Fizix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-24, 15:11   Link #188
dazo

^
*ding dong*

you just won the ticked to see in person the england magicians ..and..well.. all england, succumbing to index wrath *drink sell apart*
Quote:

Let Britain burn!!
your words is law, oh badass general!

..but, first @Fizix need to reach england., our army depend on the drink sales

Quote:
I'm almost convinced that Index is going to be some kind of tritagonist towards the end, hence why we know nothing about her. I see quite a bit of foreshadowing with her, right from the beginning.

Of course I could be completely wrong, but there is almost certainly more than meets the eye with her, its almost a given when you know so little about such a central character.
in her actual state , index cant compete against a magic god( i can only see index as support..or, as a relative weak villain )..and, i suppose that her origins are going to be explained in the possible "return to england chapter " *ww3 was the best arc to explain her origin but..ohh well*

she is not ..that central....she barely appear
Old 2014-12-24, 15:59   Link #189
LevelSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazo View Post
in her actual state , index cant compete against a magic god( i can only see index as support..or, as a relative weak villain )..
as long as she isnt controlled or gains a face-heel turn she will stay the same
Quote:
and, i suppose that her origins are going to be explained in the possible "return to england chapter " *ww3 was the best arc to explain her origin but..ohh well*
to be honest, what is there to explain?
my guess:
- she is orphan
- she showed with 4-5 years the ability to never forget stuff
- churchs finds out, takes her
- Index is born :/

and the only difference would be if she had parents, and with what we know about dark-side-magic, they are either killed or they sold index for some stuff
i dont see a real need to explain stuff unless it gets important for the plot
Quote:
she is not ..that central....she barely appear
this...
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-24, 17:05   Link #190
Miraluka
Banned

Level 7, go home. You're drunk.
Old 2014-12-24, 17:13   Link #191
LevelSeven

Quote:
Level 7, go home. You're drunk.
XD i never drank alcohol in my life btw, im home how could i post stuff without my 12-years-old-harder-than-steel PC
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-25, 21:44   Link #192
Miraluka
Banned

Merry X'mas for you guys:

Old 2014-12-27, 08:05   Link #193
Apoptosis
Am I useful yet, guys?

>sees Leivinia
"Gentlemen, you had my curiosity...."

>sees Othinus
"....but now you have my attention"
Apoptosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-27, 17:24   Link #194
dazo

....why in the name of othinus, othinus is still using her "work suit" in Christmas!

sir, i demand a satisfaction! ..or, a good photoshopped version of it , with a spectacular babydoll
Quote:
and the only difference would be if she had parents, and with what we know about dark-side-magic, they are either killed or they sold index for some stuff
i dont see a real need to explain stuff unless it gets important for the plot
index lovers need a little of love too
Quote:
XD i never drank alcohol in my life btw, im home how could i post stuff without my 12-years-old-harder-than-steel PC
(゜.゜)
what!....no..it cant be possible .....such a poor soul...
Old 2016-03-02, 10:14   Link #195
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Finally marching through WWIII.

Volume 21, Chapter 5: Holy cow, that exchange between Worst and Accelerator, sealed with a bro handshake.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-12, 22:58   Link #196
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

The God's Right Seat Arc truly was one-of-a-kind.

Just finished rereading Volume 19 in my reread of the series from the beginning and I have to say, the epilogue and Chapter 4 were just as amazing as I remember them to be. Accelerator's futile battle against Aiwass and the declaration that he would save Last Order. Hamazura's own fight to protect and save Takitsubo. Touma's decision to punch Fiamma in the face.

Ah, truly amazing~
Old 2016-09-11, 01:26   Link #197
entei08

Just found a mistake with a line in OT 4

Quote:
The term ‘magician’—especially the modern magicians that were established in the tenth century, will carve their wishes onto their souls. This is the magic name.
This should be the nineteenth century instead, someone should probably change the wiki page about magic names as well.
entei08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-19, 04:06   Link #198
SibylEnd
Fighting Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by entei08 View Post
This should be the nineteenth century instead, someone should probably change the wiki page about magic names as well.
I believe kamachi is correct here, general magic came about from the 10th century in the form of shamanism and animalism before monotheism(read the specifics from the wiki lol) while stage performers adopted the name magicians and magic for their street acts confusingly in the 19th century. it's actually kind of retroactively Insulting to name magic as purely a trick or a ploy when it had deep religious routes; it's like documenting that the official definition of religion is a effort made by kings to get more money from civilians by using pandering lies. but I guess no one can really complain(since they are all dead).

That's pretty much why the Dub replaces magician with sorcerer to prevent this confusion, that and when people think of magic they think of harry potter. Unless you literally mean that the word magic didn't exist until the 19th century, then continue.
SibylEnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-19, 08:28   Link #199
entei08

Quote:
Originally Posted by SibylEnd View Post
I believe kamachi is correct here, general magic came about from the 10th century in the form of shamanism and animalism before monotheism(read the specifics from the wiki lol) while stage performers adopted the name magicians and magic for their street acts confusingly in the 19th century. it's actually kind of retroactively Insulting to name magic as purely a trick or a ploy when it had deep religious routes; it's like documenting that the official definition of religion is a effort made by kings to get more money from civilians by using pandering lies. but I guess no one can really complain(since they are all dead).

That's pretty much why the Dub replaces magician with sorcerer to prevent this confusion, that and when people think of magic they think of harry potter. Unless you literally mean that the word magic didn't exist until the 19th century, then continue.
I have the scans, 19th is literally what Kamachi wrote though so I have no idea why it was changed to 10th. The 19th is the period when Golden Dawn was active so I can see if Kamachi wants to say a lot of modern magic was based on them, especially with Aleister leading the forefront.
entei08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-19, 10:19   Link #200
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

And 9 is next to 0 in the keyboard so...
Kuroageha is offline   Reply With Quote