AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support > Playback Help

Notices

Old 2007-03-12, 05:28   Link #161
Yuzuyu
yuzuyu is cute ^-^

I think i just give up. I'm not in the mood to try to get it work for many times again. thanx for your help anyway andiyar

EDIT:
I found the opt map. it was unvisible all the time it seemed.. I made it visible in my root but now it's still not working

Last edited by Yuzuyu; 2007-03-12 at 06:07.
Old 2007-03-13, 02:01   Link #162
virtualnao
i draw stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discerptor View Post
Did you remember to put in the preferences "-ass -embeddedfonts -fontconfig"?
Yes I did. And I also tried this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFluff View Post
Try adding -correct-pts to the commandline. In the OS X player you do this under preferences -> misc -> additional parameters IIRC.
Currently what's in the preferences:
-ass -embeddedfonts -fontconfig -correct-pts

And this was the error log message:
dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/X11R6/lib/libGL.1.dylib
Referenced from: /Applications/MPlayer OSX SAC.app/Contents/Resources/External_Binaries/mplayer.app/Contents/MacOS/mplayer
Reason: image not found
2007-03-13 02:54:09.886 MPlayer OSX[422] Abnormal playback error. mplayer returned error code: 5

You'll notice that it's a similar error, but not the same as the previous.

So I'm still stuck.
Old 2007-03-13, 05:13   Link #163
TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow

Install X11, see the first post in this thread.
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.
17:43:16 <~deculture> nice job, fag!

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read
Old 2007-03-13, 06:08   Link #164
andiyar
wingéd prettygirl
*Author

Send a message via AIM to andiyar Send a message via MSN to andiyar
@ virtualnao

Did you try installing X11 yet?

-Andiyar
Old 2007-03-13, 09:20   Link #165
virtualnao
i draw stuff

I already have X11 installed for other applications.
Old 2007-03-13, 16:59   Link #166
iamtetsuo
Thinking Different Member
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to iamtetsuo
Quote:
Originally Posted by virtualnao View Post
I already have X11 installed for other applications.
Have you installed the latest update?
Old 2007-03-17, 21:51   Link #167
Super Ska Master

What am I supposed to use to play .mp4s? I tried using MPlayer with X11, Quicktime Pro and VLC and they all don't work. Quicktime just plays the audio, VLC just doesn't play, and MPlayer says "Abnormal Playback termination."
Old 2007-03-17, 22:05   Link #168
andiyar
wingéd prettygirl
*Author

@ Super Ska Master

What kind of Mac are you running? What version of OSX? What version of VLC/MPlayer? Tried Perian with Quicktime?

At a guess, I'm guessing it's a h.264 .mp4 file. What does Quicktime do when you open the file - you said it just plays audio. Does it display any video at all? When you say VLC doesn't work, does it give you an error? Or does it just not do anything?

A bit more info required

-Andiyar
Old 2007-03-17, 22:11   Link #169
andiyar
wingéd prettygirl
*Author

@ virtualnao

In the finder, type "command-shift-g". In the resulting box, type "/usr/X11R6/lib/". Ensure that the folder is actually there, then check that you have the requisite library. If you don't, put your Tiger disk in the drive and reinstall X11 (did you do this to start with, or did you install it from Apple's web site?), as I believe the one on their website is Panther only (and not Intel compatible).

Otherwise... grab the official mplayer build (mplayerhq.hu) and see if that works for you. Sticking point is the SSA support isn't there... unless you want to compile it for yourself

-Andiyar
Old 2007-03-18, 08:25   Link #170
Super Ska Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by andiyar View Post
@ Super Ska Master

What kind of Mac are you running? What version of OSX? What version of VLC/MPlayer? Tried Perian with Quicktime?

At a guess, I'm guessing it's a h.264 .mp4 file. What does Quicktime do when you open the file - you said it just plays audio. Does it display any video at all? When you say VLC doesn't work, does it give you an error? Or does it just not do anything?

A bit more info required

-Andiyar
I have a 1 GHz PowerPC G4 Tower with OS10.3.9
-2 MB L3 Cache
-896 MB SDRAM

Quicktime Version 7.1.5 Player Version 7.0.1
It plays the audio and shows all black instead of the video.

MPlayer OSX Version 1.0rc1

VLC Version .8.4
When I play it, plays the video very laggy and doesnt play audio unless I try pausing it and then it plays the audio for a second. It also gets very sketchy with the video.
Old 2007-03-18, 23:51   Link #171
andiyar
wingéd prettygirl
*Author

@ Super Ska Master

Okay. I'm guessing it's a h.264 file from that. Open the file in VLC, as it starts to play get info (command-i) on the file. Now, there should be three tabs across the top (working with VLC 0.8.6 here, might be slightly different for you) - these tabs are General, Advanced Info and Stats. Click on the Advanced Information tab, you should be presented with a list of streams. Expand Stream 0 (generally) - this should be the video stream, if not, check the others. It should have a list of things, including Codec, Language, Type, Res & FPS. What's the Codec listed as? Oh, and incidentally, what's the resolution?

If, as I'm guesing, it's a h.264 file, it should be listed as AVC. This is where we hit the fun part, namely that your machine is bottom-level in terms of processor speed for playing back AVC files. Try upgrading VLC to a newer version - their X.264 support has improved a fair bit recently - and perhaps try the custom build of MPlayer posted in this thread (assuming you're using the official rc1 build). If they just don't cut it, I'm afraid it's almost certainly due to your computer

Though with that much RAM, it shouldn't be too much of an issue... unless you're trying to play back a 1024x576 h.264 file, or something equally large. Keep an eye on Activity Monitor to see your processor usage when playing the file - if it's at 100%, it's sadly not looking hopeful.

-Andiyar
Old 2007-03-19, 05:47   Link #172
Super Ska Master

The Codec is AVC. When I tried getting the new VLC, when I opened the file, it just quits automatically after i open it. Also, I was working with the custom MPlayer and it didn't work. This is episode 7 of Katekyo Hitman Reborn by the way.
Old 2007-03-19, 13:48   Link #173
Discerptor
ANIUE!111

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFluff View Post
Try adding -correct-pts to the commandline. In the OS X player you do this under preferences -> misc -> additional parameters IIRC.
I was wondering what this preference did.
Old 2007-03-19, 15:26   Link #174
TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow

It makes MPlayer use an alternative method for calculating timestamps, and therefore fixes an issue with -ass subtitles being one frame early/late.
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.
17:43:16 <~deculture> nice job, fag!

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read
Old 2007-03-22, 05:07   Link #175
andiyar
wingéd prettygirl
*Author

@ Super Ska Master.

I'd say it's just your computer then, my friend. Give the official MPlayer build a twirl if you like (mplayerhq.hu), although to be frank there isn't too much difference between it and my build - I built with a newer version of freetype, mostly. It is possible, however, that my build is Tiger only - I really couldn't say, as I don't have a copy of 10.3 around to test it on, nor do I know of anyone specifically using 10.3 to use it. :/

Quicktime not playing it isn't really an odd thing - it doesn't support a lot of the h.264 (AVC) spec. VLC... again, perhaps the new VLC requires Tiger, though I'd have thought it'd support 10.3.9. You definitely grabbed the Universal version, yes?

-Andiyar
Old 2007-03-22, 18:46   Link #176
Super Ska Master

Well, whenever I tried the new VLC, it automatically quits. Maybe I didn't have the universal version. Link?

And MPlayer is crap. It just flat out doesn't work.
Old 2007-03-24, 06:15   Link #177
andiyar
wingéd prettygirl
*Author

The newest universal of VLC is available on the Videolan site - http://www.videolan.org/

As to MPlayer, honestly, I've never, ever had an issue with it - and neither have the majority of people in this thread, it appears. I am seriously wondering if it's a Panther issue. You did try the official build as well?

-Andiyar
Old 2007-03-30, 03:56   Link #178
Graves

Quote:
Originally Posted by ichobi View Post
Hey Graves, if you have fontconfig parameter on , make sure you DO NOT use Mplayer font.

Set it like this;
Look in Mplayer > Preference
in General tab > Subtitle settings

FONT: none
That should fix it.

On a side note, what sort of Machine are you running, is it PPC or is it Intel.
If you download Andiyar Mplayer special build but you are running Intel Mac, then it wont work because Andiyar's build is only for PPC Mac.
No dice... I still get the green screen then a crash.

2007-03-30 04:50:58.141 MPlayer OSX[1566] *** Assertion failure in -[NSTextFieldCell _objectValue:forString:errorDescription:], AppKit.subproj/NSCell.m:1298
2007-03-30 04:50:58.141 MPlayer OSX[1566] Exception raised during posting of notification. Ignored. exception: Invalid parameter not satisfying: aString != nil
Fontconfig error: Cannot load default config file

And yes, it's the Intel build, for my MacBook Pro. This is frustrating. I haven't had to deal with MKV subs for a while, but now that I do once more, I'm stumped all over again.
Old 2007-04-06, 13:33   Link #179
Nonezumi

Woo!

Thank you all for relieving me of my VLC/MKV Subtitling woes!

Just a few notes and summary of previous posts here in case anyone else has the same issues I did;

I'm on a 15" Macbook Pro, OS X Tiger, and use the DVI out to send VGA to my Flatscreen TV.

1) The Intel Build found at the front of this thread is a must. It's currently at http://www.sendspace.com/file/l9b0gl. You may need to get Stuffit Installed to expand the file you download. Copy that expanded Application into your Applications Folder.

2) Even if it appears that you have files in /usr/X11R6/lib, the chances are you still don't have the Apple X11 software installed. I had only about 20 or so files, and therefore didn't have the Dynlibs which Mplayer requires for the custom build installed. Either download that from the Apple Website, or do what I did and just install X11 from the Optional Installs Package found on your OS X Tiger install DVDs/CDs.

3) When you run MPlayer for the first time, go to the MPlayer OSX menu and select preferences.

4) In the General Tab, make sure that Font is set to "None" under the Subtitle Settings Section

5) In the Miscellaneous Tab, tick the box under Advanced Settings to allow additonal parameters, and then paste '-ass -embeddedfonts -fontconfig' into the box under that (wihtout the quote marks around it of course)

6) Click OK, and then try running an MKV file with subtitles and all should be good! If you haven't performed stage 2, then you will get a crash as soon as you try and load the movie. Go and make sure you've done that step!

Additional things I've found;

* In the Video & Audio section of preferences, if you are intending on using videos through your external Monitor or Television (as I do), then the Default Video Out Module (MPlayer OSX) doesn't display at all; you'll just get a fullscreen OS X Window with no contents. Change it to CoreVideo (BETA) and Fullscreen will work correctly

* Forcing MPlayer to output to your 2nd Monitor without changing to CoreVideo (BETA) doesn't seem to do a damn thing!

* With thr's Intel Build I used, adding '-correct-pts' to your additional parameters causes a crash for some reason, so don't use it, and use 'z' and 'x' on the keyboard to delay your subtitles.

* Forcing subtitles to be displayed on launch for some reason prevents you from being able to turn them off, so I did not configure this either!

And finally, one question...

If there are no fonts embedded (common with subtitles ripped from DVDs, etc), is there any way of changing the default font used? The one chosen is absolutely huge!
Old 2007-04-06, 16:00   Link #180
kaibetamoto

Will simply installing Divx work for playback on a mac?

Tags
fansubs, mac, wiki candidate