AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2005-12-21, 18:02   Link #21
Eeknay
Gendo died for your sins.
*Fansubber

Nuh uh, she gets a place with scenic views, an old school Apple Macintosh, and a cool Hell posse. With benefits like that, I don't know anyone who wouldn't want the job!
Eeknay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-21, 18:39   Link #22
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeknay
Nuh uh, she gets a place with scenic views, an old school Apple Macintosh, and a cool Hell posse. With benefits like that, I don't know anyone who wouldn't want the job!
But to keep her cool job, she still has to made her quotas.
Old 2005-12-21, 18:46   Link #23
Eeknay
Gendo died for your sins.
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^
But to keep her cool job, she still has to made her quotas.
"Enma! Why haven't you been bringing me souls?!"
"Well, uh, they have this really fun thing called karaoke back on Earth, and, uh..."
Eeknay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-22, 05:52   Link #24
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by ommseti
So that's the thing that I'm watching the series to find out... these are people who are sacrificing their own souls' well-being in order to bring down their tormentors. What benefit is Enma getting out of filling hell with people who wouldn't normally have gone there?
Considering her name is "Enma Ai" I suspect that she got the job as a result of nepotism. Here is the real reason answer to the question "What benefit is Ai getting out of filling hell with people both damned and innocent?"

Warning - Mahou Jigoku Shoujo Ai follows

We fade in to see an immense dark room full of shadows with a throne barely visible at the back. A huge shadowy figure looms upon the massive throne. In his hand is a glass of wine, held at a rakish angle. Ai-chan bounces into the room, "Hiya Papa! I'm feeling really genki today!"

The figure who can be none other than the judge of hell, Enma-sama, opens his eyes wheich resemble ruby pits of blood and asks, "What are you feeling so excited about Ai? Have you brought me a fresh supply of damned souls?"

"Better than that, Papa. I met a cute boy!"

Following this surprising announcement, a handsome young man steps into the dark room behind Ai and waves his trembling hand in a frightened welcome, his voice stuttering with horror as he says, "G-g-g-good e-evening." It is clear that he hasn't a clue what he has gotten into, but he does know that he doesn't want any part of it.

"A boy?" booms Enma's thunderous voice! "How dare you think of boys while I'm starving for fresh souls!" He gestures with his free hand and the boy is blown into tiny bits of flesh by a beam of scarlet energy. "Now, bring me souls!"

"Pi-piru-piru-pi-piru-pi!" Ai-chan chants as she spins her Hell rod. The bloody gibbets of gore reassemble themselves into a boy who runs from the room in stark terror. "Don't worry papa! I'll get you some souls so that you don't kill my boyfriend any more."

Ai-chan skips off in search of someone damned that she can offer her papa immediately. There better be someone in need of vengeance tonight. Maybe one of her former clients will die tonight. It is always a pleasant surprise when that investment comes due.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-22, 20:24   Link #25
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeknay
My question is this, though; so far every person who's been taken to Hell has deserved it, and Enma and her posse always taunt the person and ask "So, are you going to admit what you did?". Just about everyone has flat out denied it then moved on to "no I am clearly right and I don't regret it" once prodded/taunted further. What happens if a person admits their sins and asks for forgiveness, sincerily? Do they still get taken to Hell? Oh, and what if someone tries to invoke revenge on someone who doesn't deserve it?
That's why episode 12 is good Finally it is getting somewhat more interesting after halfway into the series.
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-23, 05:12   Link #26
kron

i enjoyed ep 12 as well. looks like the plot isn't as repetitive and i liked how the atmosphere was like in this ep. some nice 'camera angles' and stuff.
kron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-24, 22:46   Link #27
Maloncanth
Mercury Lampe Orden

Dunno about anyone else, but I personally find the underlying premise of Jigoku Shoujo to be hilarious even though the eps subbed so far have been exceedingly boring. Evidently, generation Y also exists in hell and considering her server's only up at midnight, she really runs quite a fine e-business.

Here's hoping she gets herself a new box though.
Maloncanth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-26, 01:53   Link #28
dreamless

hmmm, it seems back then when the series was boring, a lot of people were talking about it right when the raw comes out. And now it finally turns good, no one talks about it? Where are those people who predicted the series will turn good?
Old 2005-12-26, 10:03   Link #29
Woko

I really liked ep 12; the atmosphere was good, it didnt follow the ol' boring scheme and the animation was really nice, I'm wondering what kind of CG they used or if it just cost a lot?
Unfortunately Hajime & Tsugumi didnt have a big role in this ep.

<---- wants more Tsugumi
Woko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-26, 21:09   Link #30
otaku in disguise
Blending with the Masses

I'm liking this series..even though the plot seems to be tedious at times I'm hoping that there is some relation to understanding who Enma Ai is and why she is doing what she does in the grand finale...so far there seems to be underlying theme which is coming up somehow in each episode.
Spoiler:
I'm hoping this series will have closure of some kind or that would really rot.
otaku in disguise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-27, 13:55   Link #31
Maloncanth
Mercury Lampe Orden

Does anyone else smell Vampire Princess Miyu TV in this series?
Maloncanth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-27, 14:35   Link #32
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maloncanth
Does anyone else smell Vampire Princess Miyu TV in this series?
Just a bit. But VPM has more innocent victims then Ai and Larva and Miyu makes a better pair then Ai with any of her henchman.
Old 2005-12-28, 02:38   Link #33
Lazarus

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
hmmm, it seems back then when the series was boring, a lot of people were talking about it right when the raw comes out. And now it finally turns good, no one talks about it? Where are those people who predicted the series will turn good?
We're all stuck at Ep 06.
Lazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-28, 03:45   Link #34
Flo
The Necessary Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazarus
We're all stuck at Ep 06.
It's worth checking out the RAWs even if you don't know what's going on then cross check with memento (http://www.designchronicle.com/memento don't click unless you wanna spoil yourself) for the plot.

Damn I can't do MJS without Melange, where are you~~~

Spoiler for EP13 MJS Ai. It'll still spoil you so dun click unless u wanna get spoiled:

Last edited by Flo; 2005-12-28 at 04:25.
Flo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-28, 04:25   Link #35
dreamless

ep13 is nice too. so before internet
Spoiler:
Old 2005-12-28, 05:09   Link #36
Seyluun

Despite the total lack of metaplot so far, I quite enjoyed the first six eps. Sure it's annoyingly repetitive, but it carries a nice atmoshpere, and I hope someone sub the show til the end, especially if we get to know more about Ai's origines and motivations. Sure I could check the RAW, but imho it would ruins the mood...
Seyluun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-28, 05:11   Link #37
DaFool
Resident devil

I thought Jigoku Shoujo has solid production values already (forget the plot, it's entertaining so I don't really care). You mean ep 12 is even more production values? That's great!
DaFool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-28, 09:58   Link #38
kron

wow... the series really is picking up a whole lot since ep 12. ep 13 exceeds ep 12 and is at least a bit creepy. for the first time there was no new client and a lot of background knowledge was told. the 'room of ai' is simply... moe : P
kron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-28, 14:00   Link #39
Woko

the ep 13 was really good, too; am I the only one who thinks that if they had cut off the filler eps and made it onto a 13ep serie instead of 26ep, it would be great... or at least the dog episode and the chourishi episodes, they are the worse
Woko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-28, 14:17   Link #40
Altharion
Pirate A

Send a message via MSN to Altharion
i havent bothered seeing this after the subs ended, i dont think any of the people deserved to go to hell. there was even one who got sent to hell because he didnt save some stupid pet, its not like he killed it. He deserves to get his liscense provoked not to go to hell.

i really hope as some of you are saying that later in the series it turns for the better, i guess i'll watch it untill 12 to see if it worth watching more.
Altharion is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
horror