AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

View Poll Results: Nanoha - StrikerS - Episode 02 Rating
Perfect 10 17 17.35%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 20 20.41%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 35 35.71%
7 out of 10 : Good 19 19.39%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 6.12%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.02%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-04-11, 19:24   Link #261
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meophist View Post
…you're right.
Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mist2123 View Post

LOL i can imagine them roiting in front of a lost logia beating up each other (damn alot of riot force)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight View Post
I think they just ran their Japanese thru Babelfish on that one

Lost Property has to be Lost Logia at the very least. And the police have Riot squads as well, and they handle ... riots... imagine that

Rioting KILLER ROBOTS!
Well if you think about it, anybody who uses machines as foot-soldiers usually just swarm their enemies with them... In a sense, it IS a riot
Old 2007-04-11, 19:32   Link #262
Meophist

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight View Post
I think they just ran their Japanese thru Babelfish on that one
I think they do that for more than just the riot force. Or rather, whenever they need an English word.
Old 2007-04-11, 19:42   Link #263
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meophist View Post
I think they do that for more than just the riot force. Or rather, whenever they need an English word.
There's no way Babelfish would translate "kidou" to "riot". It usually spits out the most common translation and that's "mobile" or "movement".

A 機動隊 (kidoutai), however, is what you call a riot squad in Japanese. So most likely they actually DO mean to call it a "riot force".
Old 2007-04-11, 20:06   Link #264
JediNight
キズランダム

Ah, that makes sense then. Then why isn't it Kidoutai Rokka ;D
Old 2007-04-11, 21:08   Link #265
Fuyu no Sora
Mistress of Impatience

Location: In a place of extremes. From below freezing to above boiling.
Maybe because "Kidou rokka" sounds better than "Kidotai rokka"
Old 2007-04-11, 21:33   Link #266
mist2123
Banned

Send a message via AIM to mist2123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuyu no Sora View Post
Maybe because "Kidou rokka" sounds better than "Kidotai rokka"

BUAHAHHA HHAHAH H LOL it means Kidou ROCK!!!!!!(real translation(for me only) lost logia)
Old 2007-04-11, 22:09   Link #267
Skane
Anime Snark

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
~ And I would wonder about the validity of Chaos2Frozen's scenario... I mean, wouldn't the dimensions have collapsed unto itself from all that Sugita awesomeness?

Mind if I add another Sugita to the mix?

Brooklyn "Bullet" Luckfield: Wow, I didn't know you three had such problems.
Kyon: Talk about it.
Yuuichi: You don't seem to have any problems with your girl Bullet. She's even kind enough to serve us drinks tonight.
Bullet: Wha...
Chrono: Yes, it looks quite interesting.
Kyon: Here's a toast to our headaches.
*Bullet watches in horror as all three put the drink glowing drink to their lips*
Bullet: DON'T DRINK THAT!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loner View Post
*meanwhile*

Shamal: It's true... the others are always critisizing my cooking.
Kusuha: Don't worry, Shamal. I'm not the best, but I can give you a few pointers...

Vita: Brrrr...!
Zafira: Vita, what's wrong?
Vita: I don't know. Just had a bad feeling, all of a sudden...
[Meanwhile...]

Chrono: "Hey, it's not half bad!"
Bullet: "What?!"
Yuuichi: "Yeah, it's actually better than I expected."
Bullet: "Really?!"
Chrono: "Yeah, you have it good, Bullet."
Bullet: "I... I don't understand."
Chrono: "I know it's bad to criticise your own mother, but you know... sugar in green tea? Urgh! And that's just the tip of the iceberg!"
Yuuichi (face on the table, sobbing slightly): "At least you don't have to eat my caretaker's jam every morning."
Chrono: "And sometimes... when Fate drags me to visit Hayate, we always seem to visit on the day when it is Shamal's turn to cook, and let me tell you... *gestures vividly* I would rather eat burning coals than sip her soup."
Bullet: "Is... is it that bad?"
Chrono (shaking his head): "You have no idea."

(Later on...)

Kusuha: "Ah! Bullet! There you are! Here, I made another health drink for you!"
Bullet (with tears streaming from his eyes and thinking to himself): "Despite this feeling of misery, why is it I feel I am the luckiest man in the world?"
~~~~ ~~~~

Cheers.
Old 2007-04-11, 22:17   Link #268
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Wow, I was bedridden for one night, and the jokes had went this far? No offence, it's still fun for a laugh, but it almost feels like beating a dead horse. Not to mention, this has gone WAY beyond Elio's first impressions comical-take which, while not really relevant to the episode content was still vaguely on-topic...This isn't remotely.

What next? You're going to bring in Daiichi from Bokurano? Even though it's a mere one episode and a few lines, Sugita's potrayal as the gruffy-down-to-earth-family-man is really vibrant. Better than his Rin or Kyon, imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Well if you think about it, anybody who uses machines as foot-soldiers usually just swarm their enemies with them... In a sense, it IS a riot
The way you put it, I'm reminded of the MAD video, Magical Girl Solid 3 and Signum Eater.

Shit! Now I will be expecting MGS level of depth from StrikerS and MGS level of villain-awesomeness too.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-04-11, 22:22   Link #269
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post

What next? You're going to bring in Daiichi from Bokurano? Even though it's a mere one episode and a few lines, Sugita's potrayal as the gruffy-down-to-earth-family-man is really vibrant. Better than his Rin or Kyon, imo.

Actually... I just found out that Arf's VA is apparently the same as Suiseiseki... Which btw is also the same for Ryoko Asakura....

Working on a Saimoe 2006 payback scene...

Preview

Arf: I'm opening a can of whop-ass! Nobody talks down on Fate-chan!
Suiseiseki: Bring it on ~Desu!
Old 2007-04-11, 22:46   Link #270
guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
Chrono: "I know it's bad to criticise your own mother, but you know... sugar in green tea? Urgh! And that's just the tip of the iceberg!"
What is wrong with having sugar in tea? I like sugar and milk with tea. Lemon is optional, but always have tea or coffee with sugar.

Hey, brightman, have you been here since 2002, seriously? I didn't think animesuki was this old. I thought it started some time in 2003.
Old 2007-04-11, 22:49   Link #271
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by guest View Post
What is wrong with having sugar in tea? I like sugar and milk with tea. Lemon is optional, but always have tea or coffee with sugar.

I think he meant the Japanese green tea, which by right shouldn't be drank with sugar... Hence Nanoha's reaction
Old 2007-04-11, 22:53   Link #272
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:

Hey, brightman, have you been here since 2002, seriously? I didn't think animesuki was this old. I thought it started some time in 2003.
Sugar in green tea, not your run-of-the-mill western tea. I applaud anyone who drinks green tea with milk and lemon. Aiur knows I won't.

Cheers.
Old 2007-04-11, 22:57   Link #273
Meophist

Quote:
I think he meant the Japanese green tea, which by right shouldn't be drank with sugar... Hence Nanoha's reaction
I can't even imagine green tea with sugar.

Ugh, makes me feel sick just thinking of it.
Old 2007-04-11, 23:00   Link #274
guess

Quote:
Well, then. You guys should really try this, green tea with sugar and milk. It is good, really. I can't drink coffee or tea without sugar, not unless they are so diluted that they taste like water. But again, I don't like them if they taste like water. And I always have coffee with milk/cream and sugar. thumbs up!

Btw, I think Lindy drinks "hot water" with sugar and milk, doesn't she, according to Triad's sub?
Old 2007-04-11, 23:07   Link #275
Meophist

Quote:
Well, then. You guys should really try this, green tea with sugar and milk. It is good, really. I can't drink coffee or tea without sugar, not unless they are so diluted that they taste like water. But again, I don't like them if they taste like water. And I always have coffee with milk/cream and sugar. thumbs up!

*backs away*
Old 2007-04-11, 23:28   Link #276
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:

Btw, I think Lindy drinks "hot water" with sugar and milk, doesn't she, according to Triad's sub?
First of all, I guess you must share genes with Lindy or something. The one AND ONLY time I tried green tea with milk, I nearly puked. Just to make sure though... what type of green tea are you talking about here?

Japanese green tea is different from Chinese green tea. So I need to make sure we are talking about the same stuff here.

Secondly, it is green tea. If your fansub translated it as hot water, then they are wrong.

Cheers.
Old 2007-04-12, 02:27   Link #277
XxrenxX
nanoha lovers >.<

hi everyone , i'm new to here, so plz guide me along the way
erm, may i noe nanoha StrikerS esp2 sub is released???? for the MQ version.. i haven been waiting for 1 whole weeks le, but thr is still no news. I hv found the RAW version but i dun understand jap
Old 2007-04-12, 02:31   Link #278
Darco_emp
Bored and Lurking ~

Send a message via MSN to Darco_emp
I'm guessing that the subs are to be released in the next day or so. Still you really cant be certain of these things...

On the subject of current topic. If Japanese tea is the bitter thing I drink almost everyday then we are on the same topic. Still lets move back to StrikerS please.
Old 2007-04-12, 02:43   Link #279
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

We practically covered almost everything noticeable in the episode within 5 pages...

Everything else is either me (and others) poking fun at Erio or random humorous scenario that SHOULD have happened, or the constance questioning on when the raw/sub is going to come out.

... Or just plain off-topiciness
Old 2007-04-12, 02:53   Link #280
Darco_emp
Bored and Lurking ~

Send a message via MSN to Darco_emp
Heh, its true I guess, since everybody who watched the raws have made their input, and those who have not is still waiting for subs.

I guess its time for more Erio bashing.
Closed Thread