AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

View Poll Results: Suzumiya Haruhi (2009) - Episode 12 Rating
Perfect 10 44 31.65%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 45 32.37%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 27 19.42%
7 out of 10 : Good 12 8.63%
6 out of 10 : Average 8 5.76%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.72%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.44%
Voters: 139. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-08-27, 18:50   Link #81
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
That's only because the Raw isn't out yet. There would be plenty more discussion on the episode when the raws and subs come out.
(I would comment, but I missed the Justin screening this week)
Ok... I'm going to admit some ignorance here. What's the Justin screening?

I have to admit that I thought that the raw was already out. The reason being this post...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yumii-chan View Post
Spoiler for I forgave them for Endless 8 when I saw this:
That's a very large screen-shot, and it struck me as indicating that the raw was out (again, I emphasize that I don't know what the Justin screening is). It left me baffled as to why there wasn't more discussion.

So, if people aren't going to talk about anything else from the raw, why not talk about the art style?

That's partly what I was thinking (under the mistaken view that the raw was already out).

Quote:

And being a critic doesn't mean saying the same things every week. Why don't you just say "I hate the K-On style" at the start of every episode thread before the show aired to get it over with?
I'm not saying the same things every week. Some weeks I make positive comments on the art style.

And I don't hate the K-On art style, per se. I just don't think that it's good for Haruhi.

I mean - to me - art is a big part of anime. Art is an important part of any visual medium. I don't see where it benefits people to not talk about it at all.

Quote:

Let me repeat my question; are you going to complain about the art style every week from now on, or are you going to let it go eventually?
I don't complain about the art style every week - last week, I gave it some compliments.

Here it is:

Artwork and animation were both a bit better this episode. At the very least, I didn't notice much to criticize about it; nowhere near as much as I did last episode. Haruhi looked much closer to her 2006 self here, and in fact had many nice shots. She still looked K-Onified about 25% of the time, but that's a lot better than many episodes this season. The rest of the cast were exceptionally well-animated and positioned. Kyon, Itsuki, Mikuru, and Yuki simply all felt right this episode.

Haruhi conveyed, in art/animation; voice acting; and dialogue; the playful but bossy villainous overlord role quite nicely in this episode. This is precisely how I like to view her.

This is probably the best episode of the year thus far. I'll try to put a more detailed review up on my blog later today, but this is a solid episode - not much to poke fun at here, which is great for everything except trying to make a comedic review of it of course.

This is a 9/10 for me - very close to 10/10, and losing that purely for artwork/animation issues, same as Kaisos.

What's wrong with that review, VCV?
Old 2009-08-27, 18:55   Link #82
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatth View Post
As the art style did change a little every week, I don't think why we shoul stop discussing the matter.
What's there to "discuss" on the matter?

"I hate K-On in this Animu"? What, are we 4 Chan now or something?
It would be the equivalent of me going to a Gundam thread and complain that there is too much mecha, every week.

Anyway, I watched some of the raw before I have to go to work, and my favorite part is Yuki charging towards Mikuru to remove the contacts. Yuki doesn't "run". She glides in the air like she is in the vacuum of Space.
Old 2009-08-27, 19:03   Link #83
Heatth

Send a message via MSN to Heatth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
What's there to "discuss" on the matter?

"I hate K-On in this Animu"? What, are we 4 Chan now or something?
It would be the equivalent of me going to a Gundam thread and complain that there is too much mecha, every week.
What flood the episode tread with posts are mostly useless comments, anyway. Also, Triple and Ice Box were discussing the matter.
Old 2009-08-27, 19:55   Link #84
Mecha_Trueno
餓鬼に興味ない、俺の好みは年上の美女だ

Location: Shitty old London. They must've been on drugs when they built this place, WTF were they smoking!!!
Quote:
I About the episode, very good one. Specially the Mikuru Beam very well done. I loved Itsuki scared face after have understand what was happening (and Mikuru was looking to him).
Agreed, Koizumi's "Oh f*ck, no way, it can't be..." face coupled with the BGM was amazing!

Mikuru-chan was adorable during "what's that? Is she saying I don't look reliable?" scene.

禁則事項です
Old 2009-08-27, 19:59   Link #85
DJ Trouble
Pajama Party!

Haruhi said something that sent a chill through Koizumi when they were eating lunch. His whole body shook from . . . fear I guess. Hilarious. You don't see that too often.
Old 2009-08-27, 20:16   Link #86
Mecha_Trueno
餓鬼に興味ない、俺の好みは年上の美女だ

Location: Shitty old London. They must've been on drugs when they built this place, WTF were they smoking!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Trouble View Post
Haruhi said something that sent a chill through Koizumi when they were eating lunch. His whole body shook from . . . fear I guess. Hilarious. You don't see that too often.
LOL and Kyon was enjoying that to the fullest

One thing I wish they didn't cut out was...
Spoiler:

禁則事項です
Old 2009-08-27, 20:21   Link #87
Heatth

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Trouble View Post
Well, he did have a mortal wapon pointed to his derection. Anyone would be afraid. The funny thing is he was still smiling. Please Haruhi and make she don't suspect nothing is really hard.
Old 2009-08-27, 20:38   Link #88
Mecha_Trueno
餓鬼に興味ない、俺の好みは年上の美女だ

By the way, did anyone notice Tsuruya-san was wearing winter uniform? In the illustration in the novel she was wearing summer uniform, which is strange since it is September.

禁則事項です
Old 2009-08-27, 20:41   Link #89
Heatth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecha_Trueno View Post
By the way, did anyone notice Tsuruya-san was wearing winter uniform? In the illustration in the novel she was wearing summer uniform, which is strange since it is September.
Itou Noizi made an error an Kyoani is fixing it. Also, is not September, is October.

PP:
Actually, Baka-Tsuki says it is November
Old 2009-08-27, 20:44   Link #90
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
Yup, positive thinking is good by definition.
Yes, but in this particular case, the positive thinking wants the other kind of thinking to shut up.

And that sounds more like oppressive thinking, wich is never good by definition.

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2009-08-27 at 21:01.
Old 2009-08-27, 20:57   Link #91
Mecha_Trueno
餓鬼に興味ない、俺の好みは年上の美女だ

Quote:
Also, is not September, is October.

PP:
Actually, Baka-Tsuki says it is November
My bad

Btw, I can't believe no one has mentioned this is previous threads (sorry if someone did and I missed)... but has anyone thought of how hilarious the making of "Koi no Mikuru Densetsu" would be?
IIRC the novel didn't go over this, it'll be a nice anime-original touch to add.

禁則事項です
Old 2009-08-27, 21:16   Link #92
Heatth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecha_Trueno View Post
Btw, I can't believe no one has mentioned this is previous threads (sorry if someone did and I missed)... but has anyone thought of how hilarious the making of "Koi no Mikuru Densetsu" would be?
IIRC the novel didn't go over this, it'll be a nice anime-original touch to add.
As I said, this story is better to be watch then to be read.
Old 2009-08-27, 21:45   Link #93
DJ Trouble
Pajama Party!

Isn't the movie supposed to take place during the spring?
Old 2009-08-27, 21:49   Link #94
Heatth

No, why do you think that? The cherry trees?
Old 2009-08-27, 22:11   Link #95
Apache Thunder
Interdimensional Spy

Send a message via MSN to Apache Thunder Send a message via Yahoo to Apache Thunder
Spoiler:

I have cameras in your head!
Old 2009-08-27, 22:25   Link #96
Rice_slayer
Resident Car Buff

I could Really go for some SUBSway right now :P. Mazui subs are out, but they say vid is not good quality due to a late HD raw .
Old 2009-08-27, 22:29   Link #97
fish eric
like to talk to fish?

Mikuru's voice is so cute

"Mikuru bemu, Mikuru beeeemu"
Old 2009-08-27, 23:07   Link #98
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Haruhi powered Mikuru is quite dangerous.
Old 2009-08-27, 23:13   Link #99
aulzon

Again, the ending was really abrupt but still a nice episode. I really can't wait til we get more Tsuruya.
Old 2009-08-27, 23:28   Link #100
Launch
Bug Catcher

Just watched subs. ;] (It's a shame that Mazui's release has a lower video quality than usual this week. Oh well)

Things I liked in this episode:
- Koizumi shuddering once Haruhi tells him he gets more screentime in the movie.
- Mi.. Mi.. Mikuru Beam!
- Nagato's swift running towards Mikuru to gouge her contact out
- Haruhi/Kyon 'fight' scene. Music and everything was great!
- TSURUYA
- Taniguchi's expression throughout the last scenes. Constantly in the background going :O
- Mikuru's movie 'outtakes'. I'm glad they're using the same camera effects as the original.
- The awesome art style. Especially during the movie scenes, it looked almost S1ish.

All I can think of for now. Though, this is my favourite Sighs episode so far.

Oh, and also the knowledge of more Tsuruya next week. xD
Closed Thread