Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-09-10, 11:40   Link #1081
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
To be honest I don't care about the romance. I care about Ryouko and whether or not she'll overcome her demons so for me a second season is must, otherwise my opinion of this show will be reduced significantly.
Agreed.

By this point i entirely understand that her "tough, heroic, boxing" persona is a masquerade she puts herself to cope with her past and it will be interesting if she can accept herself by what she is and go on with life.

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-10, 12:41   Link #1082
OkamiNoKaze

Episode 11 was pretty good, but yeah the climax was a bit lacking, but that was pretty good "Falcon Punch" For the scene of Lizst shocking that guy, it would have been hilarious if he was dressed as Mikoto, in a 4th wall breaking WTF moment, until the reveal.
Old 2010-09-10, 20:52   Link #1083
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

The pacing broke my neck, figuratively.

Also, it also opens some thoughts in me.

Why did Lizst stop the resolution? It could have ended there, but he decides that the denouement "isn't needed". With all the strength of those favors he could eliminate the only threat in Otogibana. Maybe he doesn't want the conflict to stop?

The Otogi Bank can hold a darker side to it. And I think with a second season, things would turn more serious than it sounds.

So much for the "utopia" that is Otogibana-shi.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-11, 05:30   Link #1084
ninryu
It's yuri, bitches

I want avatar of Nekomiya.
ninryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-11, 05:44   Link #1085
Kakkou
Tch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
The pacing broke my neck, figuratively.

Also, it also opens some thoughts in me.

Why did Lizst stop the resolution? It could have ended there, but he decides that the denouement "isn't needed". With all the strength of those favors he could eliminate the only threat in Otogibana. Maybe he doesn't want the conflict to stop?

The Otogi Bank can hold a darker side to it. And I think with a second season, things would turn more serious than it sounds.

So much for the "utopia" that is Otogibana-shi.
The beginning of one episode had already highlighted the fact that Onigashima exists for the sole reason of making Otogi Academy look good, or something to that extent. Otogibana City is indeed a false paradise that gives it's young generation the illusion of freedom. While I do feel Liszt has no intention of outright crushing Onigashima because of it's necessity, his threat to take down Hitsujikai is definitely true. He probably has other things planned to make sure he won't ever cause Onigashima to step beyond the limits of delinquency they're allowed/expected to carry out, as opposed to simply trashing the bastard (though many of us would like to see that).

Such a shame it would be if Ookami-san does not get a second season to delve more into the darker aspects of Otogibana's system. This quite reminds me of Gakuen Alice, which despite it's overall kiddie-ness, also featured a darker side of it's story via the academy's ulterior faction and those who oppose it but in the end never really explored more of that side (in the anime, at least).
Kakkou is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-11, 07:07   Link #1086
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I haven't watched the entirety of Gakuen Alice, but Toaru Kagaku no Railgun gives a similar atmosphere and they even share roughly the same setting: a "utopia" run in the background by more shadowy means.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-11, 17:17   Link #1087
Dahak86
Classics never age

I know i'm late, anyways, for some comments...

Spoiler for ep10 - comments:
here some gifs =>
Spoiler for best shots from ep10:
Spoiler for ep11 - comments:
and here 2 gifs from ep11 =>
Spoiler for best shots from ep11:
all in all, these last 2 were some nice episodes.
plus there was a good fair amount of Otohime, Majo-chan, Momo-chan, and Reiko goodness, so I'm happy!

now, what else is there to say?.. one more episode to go, and no second season in sight, right?

Last edited by Dahak86; 2010-09-11 at 22:21.
Dahak86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-11, 23:08   Link #1088
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahak86 View Post
I know i'm late, anyways, for some comments...

Spoiler for ep10 - comments:
here some gifs =>
Spoiler for best shots from ep10:
Spoiler for ep11 - comments:
and here 2 gifs from ep11 =>
Spoiler for best shots from ep11:
all in all, these last 2 were some nice episodes.
plus there was a good fair amount of Otohime, Majo-chan, Momo-chan, and Reiko goodness, so I'm happy!

now, what else is there to say?.. one more episode to go, and no second season in sight, right?
eh? otohime looks i mean LOOKS like a full fledged yandere
Old 2010-09-12, 00:06   Link #1089
wingman32x

Good episode. I felt glad for Ryoushi when he finally landed a punch on him. The end was messed up though. I mean, one would think that that situation would take he series to the end of the season. I mean, what are they going to do for episode 12? The pacing was all over the place in this episode. Overall I liked it though.

Last edited by wingman32x; 2010-09-12 at 01:34.
wingman32x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-12, 01:33   Link #1090
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Otohime scared me when she looked at the girls with such an evil aura pouring out of her
Old 2010-09-15, 20:45   Link #1091
Midonin
Last Engage

Spoiler for Fractured Fairy Tales 12 - Ritsu Tainaka in: Drums of Fire:
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-15, 22:11   Link #1092
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for last episode and final thoughts:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-15, 23:01   Link #1093
User114189
Disabled By Request

I absolutely adore this series-- it's so clever, and funny too!
User114189 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-15, 23:46   Link #1094
ZeKeR
Superbad

ep. 12 and... umm... FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUU- ME WANT MOAR!
Old 2010-09-16, 03:31   Link #1095
Kopi
Σ(゚ロ゚ノ)ノ

I was expecting this last episode to be solely Ryouko and Ryoushi.. but it's ok I guess since Ryouko was jealous and at the end, both of them smiling at each other.

Overall an enjoyable, lighthearted (ok not really with the flashbacks of Ryouko) series. Like the way the show infused fairy tales with modern elements. Don't mind a second season
Kopi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-16, 04:24   Link #1096
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

And so we have our conclusion. Better than I thought it would be.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-16, 04:38   Link #1097
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
And so we have our conclusion.
Where?

Seemed like a typical open ending to me.

Last edited by Shiroth; 2010-09-16 at 04:50.
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-16, 05:32   Link #1098
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I just meant ending. ¬_____¬
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-16, 05:35   Link #1099
Decagon
This was meaningless
*Scanlator

What nags at me is that in ep 12 you get a dark situation that sort of mirrors Ryoko's event with Hitsujikai. The match girl is accepting that she will have to become a prostitute to pay off her father's debts after he skipped town, but the good fellows at the Otogi Bank take care of the whole thing in less than half a day. Ryoko's been friends with the folks at the bank for several months but after 2 abductions, one time with several victims, the good looking villain is still doing whatever he wants? Are we all supposed to chalk this up to Ryoko not opening up? But even Ryoshi got a strong hint when Ryoko had her amnesiatic episode and he reacted like a dead fish compared to what he did ~several minutes after seeing what was happening with the match girl . The loan shark/whorehouse operating gangsters got taken away just like that, but a high schooler who orchestrates kidnappings and probably rapes girls gets the "we'll get you some day" treatment? .

The author requires a swift kick to the ballsack in my opinion.
Decagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-16, 06:25   Link #1100
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Oh great, Ringo's certainly the most evil girl of the entire series. "Those bad men suddenly came at me, I was so scared.....". Brilliant.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, romance, shounen