AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

View Poll Results: Infinite Stratos - Episode 05 Rating
Perfect 10 24 26.97%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 18 20.22%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 20 22.47%
7 out of 10 : Good 15 16.85%
6 out of 10 : Average 8 8.99%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 2.25%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.12%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 1.12%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-02-04, 20:21   Link #121
Yusei Fudo
Banned

Maya's IS reminds me of Gundam Dynames lol because of it being a sniper IS and it has explosive equipments with wing shields.
Old 2011-02-04, 21:46   Link #122
Nihokon

I'm starting to get sick of the overly-donkan protag...
Old 2011-02-04, 22:21   Link #123
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

And the award for stupidest and most dense protagonist this season goes to... Ichika!! So many face palms from him, oh man.

Oh, and Ichika does extra lessons to catch up to everyone but he is the one helping the girls in class pilot an IS? Am I missing something??

And god do I love those uniforms for piloting an IS.
Old 2011-02-04, 23:13   Link #124
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
And the award for stupidest and most dense protagonist this season goes to... Ichika!! So many face palms from him, oh man.
Note that he can correctly guess the intentions of the mass of no-name girls, but when we get to the inner circle/main character girls, .

Quote:
Oh, and Ichika does extra lessons to catch up to everyone but he is the one helping the girls in class pilot an IS? Am I missing something??
It's only because he has a personal IS... (Rin and Cecilia <and Charles!> were doing the same thing)
Old 2011-02-04, 23:20   Link #125
antigone

Show's up in the running for most amount of cliches used in anime award for this year.
Old 2011-02-04, 23:42   Link #126
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Originally Posted by antigone View Post
Show's up in the running for most amount of cliches used in anime award for this year.
All we need now is an onsen scene or a group shower scene to complete the set.
Old 2011-02-04, 23:43   Link #127
Wrath88
Kissing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narukahana View Post
I'm starting to get sick of the overly-donkan protag...
Me too. He's too much like a brick wall. Those girls should just throw themselves naked at him to get their feelings across.

Actually, how the girls interact with each other can be shown in the fight. At this point, they're competing to show off, but rather than accomplishing anything worthwhile, they only end up impeding each other.

Just realized that Rin doesn't run in the girly style like Charles, Cecila and Houki does, when I watched the ED.
Old 2011-02-04, 23:45   Link #128
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post
Note that he can correctly guess the intentions of the mass of no-name girls, but when we get to the inner circle/main character girls, .
Exactly. When it comes to any girl he is close with, even his friend's sister, he is so unbelievable dense. I laughed out loud when he invited everyone else for lunch. Poor Houki.

Quote:
It's only because he has a personal IS... (Rin and Cecilia <and Charles!> were doing the same thing)
Yeah... but, they made it seem like everyone else could already walk and everything, now all of a sudden they are greener than he is. Just feels like something is off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
All we need now is an onsen scene or a group shower scene to complete the set.
Beach episode? I'll cross my fingers.
Old 2011-02-05, 00:19   Link #129
Lumir

New male student is not a boy.

Ichika doesnt need the approval of that German transfer student.

Looks like things are progressing but man some things are just too obvious... I wonder how this squad of of IS users will end up forming.
Old 2011-02-05, 00:29   Link #130
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Seriously, one of the girls could strip his pants off and start slobbing his knob and he won't know why she was doing it
Old 2011-02-05, 00:45   Link #131
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Exactly. When it comes to any girl he is close with, even his friend's sister, he is so unbelievable dense. I laughed out loud when he invited everyone else for lunch. Poor Houki.
In a way, it is realistic. It's like the childhood friend syndrome, Ichika THINKS he knows his childhood friends (but to both parties, both had really changed either relationship wise. Ichika still believed, oh they are my osana najimi, we are just VERY good friends. That's all.) While the girls are grumbling and cursing the fact that Ichika is dense.

I guess the tsundere trait also plays a role in trying to determine the heroine's real intention. (not as extreme as Mayoi neko) but Ichika believes that the heroine's words should be taken LITERALLY as it is said. (the childhood promise, go out with me and etc)

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
Old 2011-02-05, 00:45   Link #132
hoarfrost

Spoiler:

You gotta love the new trend of writers pointing out just how asinine their scenarios are, but not actually taking their own advice.
Old 2011-02-05, 01:01   Link #133
dark998

After the awesome action-packed episode last week, now we return to harem antics and the fine balance is maintained.

First of all, seeing Ichika interact with another male character was surprisingly refreshing. Ran is smokin' hot, but she is not an IS pilot which means her screentime will be null or minimal in the remaining episodes.

Wow, Yamada is very strong, and she looked so innocent when she is in her teacher role within the classroom...

Charles was ok. Nothing mind-blowing but Im curious about how she will act once Ichika finds out her secret.

Laura...well, that was a flashy introduction . Looking forward to the 2 vs 1 match next week.

Finally, a random comment unrelated to the episode: Yep, Ichika is naturally dense like most harem/shonen MC. And yep, Infinite Stratos, a 2011 mainstream harem anime...has cliches. I can't believe we are at the 5th episode and people still get bothered/surprised over such obvious stuff. Accept it or accept it, the genre has well established staples and those will not change. Ever.
Old 2011-02-05, 02:29   Link #134
theflyingturkey
Swordy Turkey

Generally speaking, if he wasn't dense, it'll would be a deconstruction of the whole 'harem genre'.
How easy do you think it'll be for the protagonist when he realizes that there are 5-10 girls after him?
If the MC wasn't dense, there is going to be allot of drama.
Old 2011-02-05, 02:52   Link #135
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
I still think that having kana hanazawa as Charles is a miscast, should have traded roles with Inoue Marina.
She would be just as miscast voicing Laura... and Marina is perfect for that role...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiisai-tama View Post
Laura didn't make a good first-impression
You're right it wasn't good... it was great
Old 2011-02-05, 04:13   Link #136
JleeLink
....yeah

Quite enjoyed this episode, it had a nice balance of excitement and progression. I really was quite stunned at Houki's courage and openness to Ichkia compared to previous episodes but it definitely was a nice thing.

Though Ichkia's being oblivious to everything around him is really starting to get lame and boring. I mean how could he not understand what Houki meant when she pretty much asked him out...

Laura's arrival was a bit unexpected seeing that Charles just arrived this episode, and her introduction was surprising to say the least.

Really enjoyed the battle between Yamada against Ran and Cecilia. Yamada's IS (Sniper and Grenade Launcher = win!) was awesome also and in my ranking just behind the awesomeness of Blue Tears.
Old 2011-02-05, 04:46   Link #137
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

I had my fun watching this episode.

Houki taking initiative was nice and "Charles" while obviously a reverse-trap, is a very pleseant and cute character to watch.

A little too bad they really went with the "britsh food sucks!" routine, but this may only Cecilia's unability to cook well. Again kudos to Houki for actually sampling her food and eating all the failures herself (I could headdesk every time a anime girl tries to feed thier love interest while answering the question if she tired it herself with a: "No, why do you ask? " ).

Laura Bodewig. Thank you for using a normal german name without a "von" in between.
I laughted at her "That's all." and then she went and pimp slapped Ichika!
Old 2011-02-05, 06:20   Link #138
CWW
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoarfrost View Post
Spoiler:

You gotta love the new trend of writers pointing out just how asinine their scenarios are, but not actually taking their own advice.
Along that same vein...

Spoiler:

Gotta love studios that make fun of their own shows.
Old 2011-02-05, 06:20   Link #139
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
You're right it wasn't good... it was great
No-No it was epic.
Old 2011-02-05, 06:20   Link #140
Dahak86
Classics never age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrath88 View Post
...Those girls should just throw themselves naked at him to get their feelings across.
I certainly wouldn't mind that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theflyingturkey View Post
If the MC wasn't dense, there is going to be allot of drama.
or hentai -type of drama...