Notices

Old 2007-11-21, 16:17   Link #21
kaito-kid
As I make you stop, think

Patrick Corlasawar! The one and only!
Old 2007-11-21, 19:48   Link #22
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

It sounds like a far stretch now, but I almost expect Setsuna to go against Lockon in the future because on paper, their personalities clash (though in the show itself, none so far).

Though right now, it's obvious Ali will be one of the rivals. But also that rowdy AEU ace could compare to Setsuna the way Jared Mesa to Kamille did. Constantly pestering him on the battlefield.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-21, 20:09   Link #23
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperlion View Post
You forgot about the "ace" Patrick Corlasawar!
- Patrick is to Setsuna what the Black Knight was to King Arthur in Monty Python and the Holy Grail: WHINY-BOY EXISTS SOLELY TO BE PWNED.

Seriously, I think it's definitely Graham. Sergei seems to be more geared as a rival to Aleluiah, but that's jus my thinking.

Tieria, I'm still not sure about--he could eventually be the king bad guy of the series as it goes on, but I'm not holding out bets until he starts acting like Lelouch...
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-21, 21:37   Link #24
kari-no-sugata

By the normal conventions of what a "rival" is in manga/anime, I'd say that Graham is easily #1 Setsuna's "rival".
kari-no-sugata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-21, 23:03   Link #25
patgarci

I dunno to me it would be a tie between Ali and Graham because to me they seem pretty even in skills and it would be interesting to watch if those two would ever cross paths and even fight
....so thats my take
patgarci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-21, 23:32   Link #26
X207
Gamyūsa

setsuna and ali's history pretty much tells it all imo. graham is more like mu la flaga who gets the unwanted opponents.
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-22, 00:43   Link #27
Cherudim Arche

Tieria doesn't seem the type to blatantly challenge Setsuna to be his number 1 rival. He probably has more regard if he ends up leaving CB, that may make him a threat, but small compared to others. Virtue is pretty good unit, but it is nothing compared to further advanced units that will be develop. The only way I could he virtue even coming close is getting a complete overhaul of its system with greater abilities.

Sergei's loyalty is another case where he wouldn't do everything to beat Setsuna, even after defeat.

Patrick: He either has to actually prove his skill and improve to rival or exceed the gundams. The other way he can become a greater threat is if he somehow got his hand on a gundam or a very advance mobile suit compared to the enact that got owned twice.

For me, it is a split decision between Ali and Granham. Ali for me seems more like a demon from the past. That is why I think he will be consider less. The action he takes will jog Setsuna memory. In that way, he is still consider him not a major threat. Setsuna has a deep hatred for him, that is why he will always be limited due to the fact he fight for the fun or the pure objective.There are times where he is stronger, but as a opponent, Setsuna can still overcome this ordeal in combat. I don't think mobile suit unit is that important, for he proved how well he fought in a sparr secession with Exia. Another thing is Setsuna can recognize his moves from the past, it doesn't make sense for a enemy to stick with the same fighting style unless it is on the verge of destruction.

Granham to me is the best candidate to be the final opponent. For one thing, he is always wanting constant improvement to the mobile suit. It does get him to actually discover what may power the gundams. He also has the personality that will rise from defeat countless times. In a way, I think that the score they have will never be settled compared to those other people. He has the resouces, the willingness to fight a gundam regardless of the stake, at times he isn't overly binded by his loyalty to the point where it impairs great combatants.
Cherudim Arche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-22, 03:42   Link #28
Virtue
Banned

Graham doesn't seem like the person that'll be dying soon.

Ali seems like he's dug his own grave...
Virtue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-22, 04:06   Link #29
U<3Anime
Boo!

Long term rival: Granham

Short term rival: Ali

If Marina does die, i have a feeling her death is going to be mostly caused by Ali. If so, setsuna's rage will some how help him unlock exia's hidden powers again and defeat Ali in the middle of the series.
Old 2007-11-22, 04:28   Link #30
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

I REALLY wish Marina doesn't die. She doesn't need to if Setsuna simply sees her as someone important for once in his life.

The old Heero x Relena scenario. Nobody needs to die for Setsuna to go gung ho for her.
Old 2007-11-22, 22:12   Link #31
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

Quote:
Originally Posted by U<3Anime View Post
Long term rival: Granham

Short term rival: Ali

If Marina does die, i have a feeling her death is going to be mostly caused by Ali. If so, setsuna's rage will some how help him unlock exia's hidden powers again and defeat Ali in the middle of the series.
It's kind of hard for me to imagine Setsuna who doesn't seem to care for anyone to go that far for someone.Maybe watching GW again would convince me.
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-22, 22:48   Link #32
Virtue
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
I REALLY wish Marina doesn't die. She doesn't need to if Setsuna simply sees her as someone important for once in his life.

The old Heero x Relena scenario. Nobody needs to die for Setsuna to go gung ho for her.
Didn't Shinn go "gung ho" after losing Stellar?
Virtue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-23, 02:10   Link #33
rpgman1

It's a toss-up between Graham and Ali. In the long run though, Graham is the more likely candidate to be Setsuna's archrival.
rpgman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-23, 02:41   Link #34
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virtue View Post
Didn't Shinn go "gung ho" after losing Stellar?
Shinn was a nutcase way before that though.
Old 2007-11-23, 06:43   Link #35
Airi
White Empress
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Airi
the one who will kill Marina.....
Airi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-23, 06:50   Link #36
Dean_the_Young
Has a life IRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpgman1 View Post
It's a toss-up between Graham and Ali. In the long run though, Graham is the more likely candidate to be Setsuna's archrival.
I agree, but there's one advantage Ali has over Graham in terms of being a rival; motivation. Setsuna hates Ali; Ali's voice alone got the most character reaction out of Setsuna yet. At this point, Graham is the ace who wants to clash with the Gundam. But thats not really enough to make them rivals in a real sense; Setsuna will never care about Graham in any real fashion unless Graham kills someone, and the most Setsuna can do to Graham short of killing him is to kill Graham's two grunt-subordinates. I have a hard time seeing anywhere near the mutual hatred/rivalry of Jerid and Kamille, where the two offed each other's women right and left*.

*Except for Fa, who had Apolly come in and take the blow for her. Poor, foolish Apolly.
Dean_the_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-23, 06:51   Link #37
mikoo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airi View Post
the one who will kill Marina.....
I have a feeling her death is going to be caused by tieria
mikoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-26, 17:46   Link #38
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

LMAO, so we've already killed and//or murdered Marina??^^ And that person who offs her will be Setsuna's rival?Let's stick to the basics and evaluate his rival based on what's already taken place....After seeing the Raw of last episode I doubt Setsuna would care much about the plight of Marina at this point...I'll watch the sub tonight for more clarification though...
Old 2007-11-26, 18:09   Link #39
Traece
:cool:

I have to vote for Ali on this one. Setsuna and him are already rivals, in a sense. I mean he's been trying to take Ali out since he was a kid(flashback to skirmishes).
Tieria's rival is probably EVERYBODY... So that rules him out as Setsuna's main rival.
Sergei is obviously just an old man doing his job.
Graham... Hm... I don't know.
Patrick however, a definite no. His personality doesn't seem to be fitting of rivalry. He's just "Rawr I'm the ace! Feel my blade! RAWR!!!" Somehow he just doesn't seem to take it seriously enough.
Old 2007-11-26, 19:34   Link #40
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

I don't know... While Setsuna has been fighting Ali for a many years, I don't think it is as a rival. I describing Ali as 'mid-boss' not because he is strong but because he, imo, represents Setsuna's past. It seems that in order to move forward Setsuna must destroy the primary link to his past, Ali. This isn't a rivalry, for Setsuna it is most likely vengence.
Mr_Paper is offline   Reply With Quote