AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2008-02-26, 00:37   Link #3101
Zeta Gundam

I don't think the mechanic/engineer is expendable,but yeah after those 3 the rest are expendable
Zeta Gundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-26, 04:03   Link #3102
shibuya

recycled patterns in gundam.

anyone notice the fate of the gundams and its pilots are similar to other gundam series. and how there are similarities.

1. kyrios goes unknown. allerijah goes brain dead.
=> zeta gundam goes unknown. camille goes brain dead.

2. dynames gets heavily damaged. lockon goes injured.
=> buster gundam gets heavily damaged. pilot goes injured.

3. kira engineering student -> becomes gundam pilot.
saji engineering student -> maybe becomes gundam pilot??
( this one is speculation )
shibuya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-26, 04:28   Link #3103
ochibi77

I hope Graham doesn't die -_- (i think the only one i really want to get killed is Nena XD)

But Graham <3 (don't die... please)
ochibi77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-26, 05:08   Link #3104
Nishi`Joichiro
Last Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post
How retarded...well, at least there's going to be an epic end for Ali...if all of the 30 GN-Xs go boom, then that means Soma and Sergei are gone, Alejandro = dead, the Overfodders are more or less deciated, Trinity is gone, which only leaves me wondering whether the rumors about Lockon losing his sight (and his meaning towards the series by extension), Tieria going bonkers, Allelujah getting brainfried, and Graham eating it are all true.

If it is, then G00 really is a two-season show, since the second one will have almost nobody returning.

All I have to say though, is that everyone in this show is so pathetically weak. The Minerva, Archangel, and the rest of the CE crew have seen far worse odds and wtfpwned them all.

Edit: For the record, I consider this to be a near-perfect example of the tv trope of "Rocks Fall, Everyone Dies" and perhaps "Shoot the Shaggy Dog"

Both are horrid.

Fukuda > Mizushima when it comes to Gundam. For Mizushima's promise of gundams being these superweapons, they're *horridly* weak in this series.

And yes, I am suffering from (S) Freedom withdrawal. Give me back my gundams that are so powerful that they create their own identities--their own souls. Zero, S Freedom, etc...bring them back, and do away with these sad excuses for pilots and gundams.
Sorry but nobody is going to take you seriously if you think that Destiny is better than 00.
Nishi`Joichiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-26, 05:12   Link #3105
ctrl-z
Un Nuovo Mondo

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibuya View Post
anyone notice the fate of the gundams and its pilots are similar to other gundam series. and how there are similarities.

1. kyrios goes unknown. allerijah goes brain dead.
=> zeta gundam goes unknown. camille goes brain dead.
Zeta Gundam goes unknown? It's kept on the Argama after Z if you follow the original TV series.
ctrl-z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-26, 06:47   Link #3106
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Is it really confirmed, that the Laguna Nena spoke about, and this Laguna Harvey are the same? I mean, usually names aren't really unique.
Not confirmed, but that's what the show seems to suggest...

Plus if there were another Laguna, the rumors/spoilers don't seem to mention it at all (especially since it looks like Laguna's Thrones and GN-X are goners too). So its likely he's just another pawn in Veda/Ribbons/Aeolia's scheme.
Old 2008-02-26, 07:54   Link #3107
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
Kill 'Em All Kuroda?

He's done a lot of killing in many of his action shows after all (Scryed, Gungrave, Trigun, etc.)
Which reminds me. Because of Kuroda, freaking aliens just pop out of nowhere to destory everything at the end of Battle Athletes. Anyone wants to take bet that the same thing will happen near the end of second season of 00 ? Imagine Gundams VS Aliens, the first in Gundam's History !

And I might add one of the title in Kuroda's list of favourite work of Fiction includes Leaf's early Visual Novel titled Shizuku where a pair of Psychic Siblings (older brother and younger sister) with the ability to control human's action. The brother turns psycho after the death of their parents and rape his sister. Soon he turn sex mad, and with his powers, had plans to turn Japan into a nation of mass orgy and start with the high school he was attenting.....

Last edited by MakubeX2; 2008-02-26 at 09:20.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-26, 09:11   Link #3108
Pride
Ore, Sanjou!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
Which reminds me. Because of Kuroda, freaking aliens just pop out of nowhere to destory everything at the end of Battle Athletes. Anyone wants to take bet that the same thing will happen near the end of second season of 00 ? Imagine Gundams VS Aliens, the first in Gundam's History !

And I might add one of Kuroda's list work of Fiction includes Leaf's early Visual Novel titled Shizuku where a pair of Psychic Siblings (older brother and younger sister) with the ability to control human's action. The brother turns psycho after the death of their parents and rape his sister. Soon he turn sex mad, and with his powers, had plans to turn Japan into a nation of mass orgy and start with the high school he was attenting.....
Technically the Moonrace, Zeon, ZAFT and Zanscare are aliens. Moonrace fits the description of planetary alien the most though, considering the fact that Zeon, ZAFT and Zanscare are actually colonies that follow the Earth's way of living, whereas the Moonrace has completely different culture, technology and lifestyle.
Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-26, 09:28   Link #3109
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pride View Post
Technically the Moonrace, Zeon, ZAFT and Zanscare are aliens. Moonrace fits the description of planetary alien the most though, considering the fact that Zeon, ZAFT and Zanscare are actually colonies that follow the Earth's way of living, whereas the Moonrace has completely different culture, technology and lifestyle.
The citizens of those organisation you have listed are still biologically Homo sapiens sapiens

And now that you have mention it, I totally forgot about the wacko Jupiter Empire that have declared themselves Jovian/Jupitians/Whatevians. I guess that makes them Aliens of sorts.

But it will be totally WTF if CB's goals was revealed to unite Earth for a threat of STMC.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-26, 10:34   Link #3110
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
Kill 'Em All Kuroda?

He's done a lot of killing in many of his action shows after all (Scryed, Gungrave, Trigun, etc.)
Trigun only two meaningful characters died--Legato and Wolfwood
Old 2008-02-26, 10:46   Link #3111
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nishi`Joichiro View Post
Sorry but nobody is going to take you seriously if you think that Destiny is better than 00.
It certainly would have been if not for the blatant copy-pasted animation, and perhaps Shinn's over-the-top-fountain-of-emo.

The fact that GSD displayed as much growth as it did for multiple characters compared to G00 which has done nothing so far makes it far better. By Ep 20, GSD was *still* kicking G00's ass quite badly.
Old 2008-02-26, 10:49   Link #3112
Spitfire
Mr. Bushido

Quote:

The fact that GSD displayed as much growth as it did for multiple characters compared to G00 which has done nothing so far makes it far better. By Ep 20, GSD was *still* kicking G00's ass quite badly.

[insulting statement removed by a moderator]

00 has shown more character growth in 20 episodes than GSD did in 50.

This is all your opinion Demongod, stop making it out to seem like the absolute truth.
Old 2008-02-26, 10:52   Link #3113
GourangaPizza

Well not much in Victory Gundam since its widely believed that Kuroda's "kill'em all" directing style is a result of his depression.

If the current spoilers given is to be believed, I'm curious on how Lockon gets blinded; maybe one of the organisations equipped one of the mobile suits with a weapon that flashed ugly p0rn at enemy pilot's HUD?
GourangaPizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-26, 10:54   Link #3114
justsomeguy

Quote:
It certainly would have been if not for the blatant copy-pasted animation, and perhaps Shinn's over-the-top-fountain-of-emo.

That opinion is certainly valid, if you define "growth" as making characters into more and more extreme caricatures of themselves.
justsomeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-26, 10:54   Link #3115
D a m i e n
permanentely bored

Send a message via ICQ to D a m i e n
i think demongod86 is saying that GSD fanbase growth was bigger not that the character's growth/development was bigger. or i hope
D a m i e n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-26, 10:56   Link #3116
Spitfire
Mr. Bushido

Quote:
Originally Posted by D a m i e n View Post
i think demongod86 is saying that GSD fanbase growth was bigger not that the character's growth/development was bigger. or i hope
Quote:
The fact that GSD displayed as much growth as it did for multiple characters compared to G00
Doesn't seem like he's talking about the fanbase to me.
Old 2008-02-26, 10:59   Link #3117
D a m i e n
permanentely bored

Send a message via ICQ to D a m i e n
fanbase for some specific characters, i dont see any fanbase for any G00 characters as there was for GSD (kira fandom shin fandom meyril fanbase and the list goes on)
D a m i e n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-26, 11:06   Link #3118
justsomeguy

I'm glad that there isn't much fanbase growth for most 00 characters. This means that:
1) 00 characters are flawed individuals, not perfect specimens worthy of worship (except in the boobies department).
2) There are no rabid fans to satisfy, and thus no pressure to mold the plot around showing off anybody's godliness.
justsomeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-26, 11:07   Link #3119
Spitfire
Mr. Bushido

Quote:
fanbase for some specific characters, i dont see any fanbase for any G00 characters as there was for GSD (kira fandom shin fandom meyril fanbase and the list goes on)
Considering what I have seen of the GSD character fanbase...perhaps thats for the better.
Old 2008-02-26, 11:07   Link #3120
Var
Banned

Quote:
That doesn't really speak about how well or poorly a character is developed. The characters in G00 are little like any of the listed characters. The GS/D characters are far flatter and more 'appealing' to this sub-genre's audience (aka kicks everything ass). While the G00 characters are flawed and fat characters and are not as easily identified with. Its like reading two different books, one being Harry Potter and the other being Lord of the Rings while at the age of twelve. Who do you think you'll be more intune with? The generic heroic child with traumatic past or, lets just say Frodo, who's succumbing to evil and is doing everything not out of personal gain but a sense of duty? I'll give you a hint, its not Frodo.

Looks like Justsomeguy beat me to the punch.. darn analogies.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
spoilers