Notices

Old 2011-10-22, 07:47   Link #2601
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by PzIVf3 View Post
Spoiler for Zaku:
They looks more like guys in suits then mobile suits...
Old 2011-10-22, 08:09   Link #2602
GundamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
I can't tell too much difference from it aside from the color difference and maybe a backpack change.
I don't see any difference but then again I am just about half blind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
Third faction confirmed?
I would say either that or there are a heck of alot of different civilian models given that this make for MS with the CMS designation.
GundamFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-23, 10:26   Link #2603
JMvS
Rawrrr!

I suppose these are from another bloodline of MS smiths?

Can somebody versed in moonrunes confirm this?
Old 2011-10-23, 10:53   Link #2604
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMvS View Post
I suppose these are from another bloodline of MS smiths
I know it was used in the streamed sub by bandai, but it an odd choice to use the word smith. Engineer, designer or maker would be more appropriate, or mobilesuitsmith, like gunsmith or weaponsmith. Same with the DOTS rifle, think they are using DODS in the script, but DOTS everywhere else. Probably reason why they region locked the streams, quality control.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-23, 14:57   Link #2605
GundamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMvS View Post
I suppose these are from another bloodline of MS smiths?
Could be from a different tech line but I think the Elmeda and Gala are just drasticaly upgraded Desperados could be used by pirates, mercanries or independent colony that found it's easier for them to get civilian MS and weaponize them then to a Genoace.
Old 2011-10-23, 19:22   Link #2606
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Even though the DOTS rifle is using the same rifle blast sound from SEED, I'm glad it's not the same one as the Genoace. I also really like the DOTS rifle blasting affect, it's neat how they added the twisting plume for each blast. I hope they keep that up.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-23, 23:50   Link #2607
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
I know it was used in the streamed sub by bandai, but it an odd choice to use the word smith. Engineer, designer or maker would be more appropriate, or mobilesuitsmith, like gunsmith or weaponsmith. Same with the DOTS rifle, think they are using DODS in the script, but DOTS everywhere else. Probably reason why they region locked the streams, quality control.
Around when does the word again? I can't view the Bandai subs so I reckon its been changed.
Old 2011-10-24, 06:29   Link #2608
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
Around when does the word again? I can't view the Bandai subs so I reckon its been changed.
The bandai subs says something like flit comes form the bloodline of "MS smiths", subbers that used the scripted changed it to craftsmen or that sort. Still doesn't really make sense, because in the first episode bandai tells us that the asuno family were MS creators, sounding more like they are big shots in the weapon industry, but now it seems like they have been reduced to normal technicians living in big mansions and scrapping their last pennies to hire a butler for their son.
To be fair the bandai SE asia subs sounded like 1:1 translation from script. If there is going to be a western release I am sure it will be reworked.
Old 2011-10-24, 15:36   Link #2609
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
I think it's just inconsistencies with the subs. I reckon a more official release would make it more consistent like you said.

Of course, while smiths isn't the first choice I'd use for creators for stuff like mobile suits or much things in modern terms, the meaning sounds similar to me. Smiths are forgers and creators and stuff; and sometimes weapon builders even.

Either that or Brunar is just poetic guy who loves to play with certain words.
Old 2011-10-29, 03:07   Link #2610
dbj

AGE isnt a gundam show that i would be looking forward every week.
the mechs are seriously not cool at all. ue? alien living dragon mechs? pink diva? so not my color =S and age-1 is too ugly, i also heard it can transform like a evolving pokemon?
i dont hate the show though, how can i? i love gundam xD. its actually quite good for a kid show least its better than inazuma eleven which is also produced by level5.
dbj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-29, 03:47   Link #2611
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

No one knows if the UE mechs are "alive", the Diva is not pink and colored the same as damn near every other protagonist warship in the franchise, and the Gundam AGE-1 does not *evolve* like a pokemon. If you're going to troll, either do the damn research or don't bother making the attempt to troll at all.
Old 2011-10-29, 04:30   Link #2612
maknaedik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
No one knows if the UE mechs are "alive", the Diva is not pink and colored the same as damn near every other protagonist warship in the franchise, and the Gundam AGE-1 does not *evolve* like a pokemon. If you're going to troll, either do the damn research or don't bother making the attempt to troll at all.
this

Oh this makes me curious. How will other colonies look like. Will they have their own MS or something? How will that wolf guy fight, will he be good (of course). Is his customized MS enough to take on a Gafran. Those are the questions I have in mind right now and I'm expecting them to be answered next episode

Red Gunpla Reviews: http://redblondemean.wordpress.com

My Personal Blog: http://cmgaddict.wordpress.com
maknaedik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-29, 05:08   Link #2613
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by maknaedik View Post
Oh this makes me curious. How will other colonies look like. Will they have their own MS or something? How will that wolf guy fight, will he be good (of course). Is his customized MS enough to take on a Gafran. Those are the questions I have in mind right now and I'm expecting them to be answered next episode
I reckon they will have the cylinders look.
As for wolf, as his name suggest he might fight as a pack and take out the weak ones first. So I expect him to use strategy rather than being a show off and use brute force.
Old 2011-10-29, 06:16   Link #2614
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Doubtful. His attitude at the end of episode 3 actually suggests he's a battle hungry type, and usually those kind of people aren't associated with strategy. Tactic, probably, but strategy is out of reach.
Old 2011-10-29, 08:44   Link #2615
GundamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Doubtful. His attitude at the end of episode 3 actually suggests he's a battle hungry type, and usually those kind of people aren't associated with strategy. Tactic, probably, but strategy is out of reach.
Could you please explain a little bit more what you mean by this I'm sure if it's because I haven't gotten my coffee yet this morning or what but this isn't making a whole lot of sense.
Old 2011-10-29, 08:44   Link #2616
casval cehack

Why not both strategy and tactics? Being an ace (with a custom Genoace) and probably ranking higher than Largan, he is shown in the OP leading AGE-1 and the cannon fodder suit. Of course he's heading to the front FIRST, since he's eager to smell the scent of battle.
Old 2011-10-29, 13:43   Link #2617
Sides

I not sure if I am making it up, but was it not said that Wolf is a squad leader? If so, he must have strategic and tactical skills, besides experience in shooting things down.
Old 2011-10-29, 14:24   Link #2618
Flinch
Onii-chan~

Send a message via AIM to Flinch Send a message via MSN to Flinch
Classic doctrine makes it that a squad leader is never in the VERY front of an assault. It's the same way with an officer; they get taken out, no one will know what to do for a few moments, and that can spell defeat. Just because he's in front doesn't necessarily make him a leader, it just means he's in front; most likely eager to get into the fray.
Old 2011-10-29, 16:48   Link #2619
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan View Post
Could you please explain a little bit more what you mean by this I'm sure if it's because I haven't gotten my coffee yet this morning or what but this isn't making a whole lot of sense.
Tactic wins a battle, but strategy wins a war.
He could be a great pilot, but I don't think he's a type to think deeply when fighting. He looks like a type who love to fight for a sake of fighting.
Old 2011-10-29, 21:22   Link #2620
GundamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Tactic wins a battle, but strategy wins a war.
He could be a great pilot, but I don't think he's a type to think deeply when fighting. He looks like a type who love to fight for a sake of fighting.
Thanks for clearing that up I agree with you he doesn't strike me as a deep thinker either and being an ace pilot doesn't tell us squat about his ability to lead or come up with a overall strategy for the war, a mission plan, or even tactics to use in the field once everything has gone to hell. All we really know is he is very good at piloting MS.