AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Utawarerumono

Notices

Old 2006-06-12, 13:18   Link #21
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

2chan link for ep11 is out:

http://dat.2chan.net/18/res/3024319.htm

Request Ep11 discussion thread.
Old 2006-06-12, 14:08   Link #22
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^
2chan link for ep11 is out:

http://dat.2chan.net/18/res/3024319.htm

Request Ep11 discussion thread.
Excellent. Thanks for the heads up. On thread coming up.
Catgirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-19, 06:58   Link #23
cheenk

i'd like to request the weekly episode discussions ... but its probably automatically being created right?
cheenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-20, 14:01   Link #24
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

@ cheenk
I don't think it's automatic... if you look at the Sticky section you'll notice that threads have been created by different people... for example Ep10 and Ep11 by Catgirls... Ep12 by eks-ris...
However... I'm sure they just copy/paste some generic post again and again... with slight modifications so it doesn't look like a double post
Old 2006-07-31, 23:07   Link #25
AuroraFlair

Send a message via MSN to AuroraFlair Send a message via Yahoo to AuroraFlair
Boys! Boys! Boys!

Come on now, I know there are us girls out there who would love to talk about the SEXY Men in Utawarerumono. And we also need to ban together to get more pics of them ya know? I mean what girl didn't see epesode 12, when Hakoro shot up, shirt less in bed? Can you say "YUMMY!"
AuroraFlair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-01, 04:04   Link #26
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuroraFlair
Come on now, I know there are us girls out there who would love to talk about the SEXY Men in Utawarerumono. And we also need to ban together to get more pics of them ya know? I mean what girl didn't see epesode 12, when Hakoro shot up, shirt less in bed? Can you say "YUMMY!"
And your point is? Could I ask you to read the first post of this thread.

If you want images (of the "SEXY Men in Utawarerumono" or otherwise), then you could post in the Utawarerumono Image Thread (wallpapers, fan art, gifs, etc.) thread. If you want to discuss such a topic then you could post in the Utawarerumono - うたわれるもの thread since that's meant for more general discussion.

If you are asking for a "fan-club" type thread, then the answer is no. If you are asking for a "Character Discussion" thread, then it is possible but I would like to see more support for such a thread before it gets created.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-02, 14:48   Link #27
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

How does Character Discussion NOT equal Fan-Club ... isn't that what the fanclub threads are...
Old 2006-08-02, 17:35   Link #28
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackCatXIII
How does Character Discussion NOT equal Fan-Club ... isn't that what the fanclub threads are...
No, in context, what I mean by a fan-club type thread is a thread specific to one character (as we have in the Shuffle forum), this type of thread seems to have a very low signal to noise ratio. At least with a Character Discussion thread it allows discussion about any and all of the characters from the series (and so far in practice such threads have had more actual discussion than the typical fan-club thread). The difference might not seem that great but as mentioned we don't seem to have the same "problems" with Character Discussion threads as we do with fan-club threads.

The question here is that do we actually need a Character Discussion thread? Not sure there is an actualy need for one.
Old 2006-08-05, 14:04   Link #29
Cyz
"Show it to me"

I'd like to request a licensed discussion thread for this anime.

Link: http://animenewsnetwork.com/article.php?id=9304

--> Apparently, it was licensed by ADV
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-28, 03:50   Link #30
Lost

Could we get a thread to discuss the DVD Specials? Just like in the Mai HiME/Otome section; except it doesnt have to be seperate threads for each special, but can be a single thread for DVD Specials. Actually, they may not generate much discussion, being specials, but they are relatively longer (1 is 5+ minutes long) so we never know. In the least, it was hilarious.
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-28, 04:59   Link #31
xris
Just call me Ojisan

I'll discuss these with Catgirls.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyz
I'd like to request a licensed discussion thread for this anime.
Yes, sounds a good idea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost
Could we get a thread to discuss the DVD Specials? Just like in the Mai HiME/Otome section; except it doesnt have to be seperate threads for each special, but can be a single thread for DVD Specials. Actually, they may not generate much discussion, being specials, but they are relatively longer (1 is 5+ minutes long) so we never know. In the least, it was hilarious.
Fair enough, this sounds like a good idea. Please note that currently we consider the specails as licensed (while we don't have proof of this, they most likely will appear on the ADV DVD release as extras).
Old 2006-08-29, 02:23   Link #32
Bleed Kaga
Basketball Star

I think all the characters have now appeared. Maybe it's time for a "Favourite Utwarerumono Characters Poll"?
Bleed Kaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-29, 03:02   Link #33
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

@ Bleed Kaga

IMO we should just wait until the end of the series.
It's not like there are a lot of episodes left.
Old 2006-08-29, 16:21   Link #34
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Kaga
I think all the characters have now appeared. Maybe it's time for a "Favourite Utwarerumono Characters Poll"?
Sounds like a good idea to me. I have been busy with work, but I'll try to get this up in the next few days. It would be best to get this up before the show ends.

=^.^=
Old 2006-08-29, 16:25   Link #35
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Oh yeah...since we don't want or need to vote on every character, can someone make a list of what they think are the main or core group of characters. It can be more than 10, but probably should be less than 15 characters. Since this show was licenced, I have stopped watching it and have deleted all fan-subs, so my character knowledge might not be up-to-date.

=^.^=
Old 2006-08-29, 16:30   Link #36
Zaris
of Porsche

Send a message via AIM to Zaris Send a message via MSN to Zaris Send a message via Yahoo to Zaris
I'll list, but it's only going to comprise of people who appeared in at least more than two episodes (thus Sakuya or Derihourai shouldn't count). Main Characters include:

Main Cast
Hakuoro (Male Protagonist)
Eruruu (Female Protagonist)
Aruruu

Oboro
Dorii/Guraa
Kurou
Benaui
Urutorii
Kamyu
Karura
Touka

Co-Characters (you can add them or not)
Yuzuha
Kuuya
Genjimaru
Zaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-29, 21:25   Link #37
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Good list.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaris
Dorii/Guraa
Should these two twins be voted as one or should they each have their own vote? To me, they pretty much seem "joined at the hip" so a vote for one is a vote for the other, but what does everyone else think?
Old 2006-09-12, 17:53   Link #38
Zaris
of Porsche

Send a message via AIM to Zaris Send a message via MSN to Zaris Send a message via Yahoo to Zaris
I'm curious to know if we should have a "Utawarerumono's Favorite Villian" poll or not. Probably unnecessary. But the series has had a good amount of opponents to stand in Hakuoro's way - presented in a manner similar to sci-fi shows (the alien of the week!). Voting can be based on looks, charisma, voice, ability to intimidate the show's protagonist/s, laughter, you name it. = P

Only opponents that appeared in 2 or more episodes are listed here. Recall the following:

- Nuwangi (Eruruu's childhood friend, appears episode 1, 3-7)
- Inkara (fat guy that previously led the country Hakuoro leads now, appears episode 5-7)
- Niwe (Emperor of Shikeripetim, infamous for laughing with a 'K', appears episode 9, 13-16)
- Orikakan (Emperor of Kutcha-Ketcha, almost succeeded in breaking Hakuoro if not for Eruruu, appears episode 11-13)
- Suonkas (Emperor of Na Tunk, does the Romeo routine for Karura, appears episode 18-19)
- Hauenkua (advisor for Kunnekamun, believes in dominating the world with a steel fist, loves to kill, appears episode 20-24)
- Hein (advisor for Kunnekamun, believes in uniting the world through conquest, appears episode 20-24
- Dii

I didn't include Mutsumi because her intentions are unclear, Kuuya because she's too three-dimensional that everyone will pick her, and Mutikapa because...come on -_-!
Zaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-12, 20:31   Link #39
saravis

What about Benawi? He was an enemy at one point in time.
I guess you could also say Touka as well.
saravis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-13, 15:21   Link #40
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaris
I'm curious to know if we should have a "Utawarerumono's Favorite Villian" poll or not.
It's not a bad idea. Does anyone have an comments about what saravis brough up?
Quote:
Originally Posted by saravis
What about Benawi? He was an enemy at one point in time.
I guess you could also say Touka as well.
Valid points?