AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-05-27, 01:27   Link #781
chibamonster
'S' Class Fairy Tail

It seems that the problem the organization had was not that the AB's were not powerful enough. It was that they could not be controlled and had a tendency to eat people. But hey, if Isley can organize AB's to do his bidding then maybe they are not so bad . At the same time though 1 Abyssal is worth almost an unlimited number of lower AB's. Riful did not even fully transform to kill of the cannon fodder sent against her.

What is the point of introducing a new bad guy if he is weaker than the old bad guy? Not much really. I mean youma really do not have much use in the story now except showing how weak Clarice is and it would be a waste to bring in a new bad guy who was incredibly weak. So maybe there are many flavors of monster in the new world.

There has to be a reason to have all the fire power lined up in the claymore world. We have Alicia, Beth, Raphaela, and Miata who all have the power of a number 1. We have Clare who houses Teresa in her and that potential is going to have to be challenged somewhere. Then we have Isley, Riful and the 2xAbyssal Priscilla. It is possible that they will all kill each other, but with the introduction of a new enemy force that gets a bit unbalanced.

It all depends on where the story goes. I think there are plenty more monsters to behold in this series. Also I get the feeling that some of Miria's information about the war is not entirely accurate. I am expecting some serious twists when things get down to the wire. Like Rubel telling them, "Humanity has been obliterated in the outside world. Awakened Beings are our only chance for humanity to survive against the dragons." Okay, that is not exactly what I think will happen but I think there will be plenty of twists on the way.
Old 2008-05-27, 05:30   Link #782
hydropod

Hmm, no Chap. 80 thread yet so might as well drop this here.
Spoiler for Apparently the inner cover for Book 14:

Who is the blind one armed awakened being? Maybe I am thinking too much. But you never know with Yagi-sensei.

Spoiler for Oh and here is the front cover:
Old 2008-05-27, 21:33   Link #783
francothewise

=o

could the blind AB at the back cover be Galatea? not likely since galatea has virtually perfect control on her yoki and will never awaken involuntarily. Perhaps she will be tortured? or she might awaken voluntarily for a good reason...js a speculation
I am the Organization's former #1 for the last generation of the male claymores, Franco The Wise.
Old 2008-05-27, 22:53   Link #784
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

It could be Galatea, but even if so, that doesn't mean Galatea will ever awaken. Many of his back cover illustrations have been different artistic views of characters that never appeared that way in the manga. He's just stretching his artistic vision, not foreshadowing anything. Though perhaps one day, someone that he drew on an inner-cover will actually appear in such a manner, so I suppose it isn't impossible that one of those illustrations was an idea that was waiting for the right time.

In other words, yeah, I think it is Galatea awakened. I also think that she will never awaken in the story.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2008-05-27, 23:50   Link #785
gnc742

@hydropod

Is this the real cover? woah.. nice...

Maybe the girl at the back of the blind AO is partially awakened? She looks like Audrey to me. Or Miata(hell no.. it has big t**s hehe joke..???

Maybe because of what Miria said to them ... Galatea and Miata couldn't handle it and their emotions got mixed up... But it's not possible to Galatea becoz she (i think) is smart enough to handle things like that..
Old 2008-05-28, 06:10   Link #786
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
It could be Galatea, but even if so, that doesn't mean Galatea will ever awaken. Many of his back cover illustrations have been different artistic views of characters that never appeared that way in the manga. He's just stretching his artistic vision, not foreshadowing anything. Though perhaps one day, someone that he drew on an inner-cover will actually appear in such a manner, so I suppose it isn't impossible that one of those illustrations was an idea that was waiting for the right time.

In other words, yeah, I think it is Galatea awakened. I also think that she will never awaken in the story.
Any more such examples? If no pics, just the descriptions will do (and the vol. no).
Old 2008-05-28, 16:21   Link #787
Kinematics
Let's play a game!

I just saw a compilation of all the main and alt covers the other day, but can't find it now. Think it was linked to from somewhere in one of the primary threads here. If I can find it again, I'll post it. No way I could describe them from memory.
Old 2008-05-29, 08:22   Link #788
ergon

I think out of everyone, the girl looks like audrey the most.

I remember seeing irene, teresa and undine on the back covers. there was one who looked a little like veronica, and maybe a black haired teresa. Several other dark haired girls as well. Heres a few:
Old 2008-05-29, 09:05   Link #789
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

ergon: Thanks. Saw some of these images floating around before.

Anyone knows if Yagi-sensei has an art book to his name?
Old 2008-05-30, 05:33   Link #790
gnc742

@ergon

Who is the girl on the upper left?
Old 2008-05-30, 08:28   Link #791
ergon

No idea, but her left hand is severed and shackled to her right, and she has a sword coming out of the stump
Closed Thread