AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support > Playback Help

Notices

Old 2007-03-04, 05:22   Link #1
atilim
Knightmare

Other Vista problem

I install cccp and it could only watch mkv. files with zoom player. But now suddenly I can't watch anything. When I try to watch it doesn't respond or just doesn't play with any player I tryed reinstalling but that didn't worked, I tryed a guide found threw this site but that didn't help either. So what could I do, thanx in advance
Old 2007-03-06, 00:41   Link #2
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Are you using the latest build of CCCP? (CCCP14 released on 2007-02-22) Anything earlier isn't compatible with Vista.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2007-03-06, 06:26   Link #3
atilim
Knightmare

Yes I use it and in the beginning it was working with zoomplayer but now it doesn't.
Old 2007-03-06, 06:52   Link #4
TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow

You're stupid for using Vista anyway, and you haven't really explained what the problem actually is.

A wild guess is it might be related to this: http://www.cccp-project.net/wiki/ind...#Windows_Vista
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.
17:43:16 <~deculture> nice job, fag!

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read
Old 2007-03-06, 10:04   Link #5
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

One might assume he just got a new PC that came pre-installed with Vista. That isn't stupid --- just unfortunate.

If he installed on existing hardware, then he volunteered to be a guinea pig to test all of his applications and he'd better get to work
Old 2007-03-06, 15:01   Link #6
atilim
Knightmare

Yes I just bought a new pc a HP, and the problem is like I wrote ''suddenly I can't watch anything. When I try to watch it doesn't respond or just doesn't play with any player I tryed''(this only counts to when I use the codes of cccp, when I use a player that can plays mkv it works but I got sometimes problems with getting the prober subs for example that the subs disappear when i skip the intro.
Also another bug i get when install cccp is that avi eps/movies don't work like Tokimeki memorial.
Old 2007-03-06, 15:48   Link #7
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

So.. you bought a new PC...installed CCCP.... latest updates on drivers&OS.

And it won't play your anime files ..... will it play *anything* properly?

Hmmm, have you adjusted the settings as per the CCCP notes about Vista that TheFluff linked to?

If so, the next thing you might try is to grab the Classic Media Player, see if you can install that, perhaps un/re-install the CCCP pack. Then see if the Classic Media Player works.
---> http://sourceforge.net/project/showf...group_id=82303

Even knowing Microsoft's long history, I just can't believe the crap that is piling up against getting Vista (from the reports of basic application and driver fails in the corporate world all the way down to basic uses like this). I wonder if we could have Microsoft designated as a "terrorist"?

More seriously, you are getting to experience the "early adopter" pain and I sympathize with that. I'd say people need to stick with win2K/XP as long as possible but with new PCs pre-installed for Vista are the only option -- the pain is unavoidable. (unless you home-build and take very good care of your 2k/XP disks or run multiple machines).

What you need is someone else who has already fought through this situation. I'm just suggesting things that I'd be trying based on my OS and IT background.
Old 2007-03-07, 06:17   Link #8
TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow

CCCP comes with Media Player Classic, you should NOT try to install it separately.

edit: but yes, try the one that comes with CCCP.
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.
17:43:16 <~deculture> nice job, fag!

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read

Last edited by TheFluff; 2007-03-07 at 09:13.
Old 2007-03-07, 06:56   Link #9
martino
makes no files now

Why not give MPlayer a try?

Ugh...dual boot your PC. :P
Old 2007-03-22, 11:31   Link #10
bb10

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
Are you using the latest build of CCCP? (CCCP14 released on 2007-02-22) Anything earlier isn't compatible with Vista.
Thats not true, i've been using Vista (rtm) since december 2006 in combination with CCCP. Never had a problem with it (besides the aero disabling when playing with MPC or Zoomplayer, but thats solved now anyway).

as for atilim, im not sure you havn't given us much info about your problem.
Old 2007-03-22, 15:31   Link #11
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

What he meant was that anything earlier hadn't been *verified* to work with a basic Vista install by the CCCP folks. You were just lucky

atilim has probably unknowningly downloaded some codecs maybe (you know how Media Player likes to chat with the mothership) or has file extension association hell or magical faeries (tm) are angry at him.

Uninstall everything you can find involved with media files and re-install CCCP. Try not using the MS Media Player at all at first.
... or even better re-install Vista so your "world is clean" and be very careful about what you install, add, or ask for. Choose wisely....

This all translates to 'you might need someone with a clue standing at your computer' though....
Old 2007-03-23, 11:56   Link #12
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
One might assume he just got a new PC that came pre-installed with Vista. That isn't stupid --- just unfortunate.
I did a quick search at Dell. They're still selling XP Pro with their Optiplex line of workstations aimed at business. If they didn't continue to do this, they'd be in trouble with the thousands of businesses who have no intention of upgrading to Vista anytime soon yet still need to buy new computers.

I suspect HP ships XP machines as well for the same reasons.

They're probably hard to find if you order online, but I'd bet you might be able to finagle something if you talk to a salesperson directly.
Old 2007-03-24, 19:54   Link #13
atilim
Knightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by bb10 View Post
Thats not true, i've been using Vista (rtm) since december 2006 in combination with CCCP. Never had a problem with it (besides the aero disabling when playing with MPC or Zoomplayer, but thats solved now anyway).

as for atilim, im not sure you havn't given us much info about your problem.
The info I have given is al that is, npthing more. I don\t get a error code so what else can I give?