AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-01-15, 09:39   Link #261
RegalStar
Mishaguji-sama

I honestly like Rie a lot better in most of her non-tsundere roles (Tacos, Chika, and especially KeA).
Old 2012-01-16, 03:17   Link #262
wontaek

Please note that the following group is valid only for the Phase I Round I. Based on the results from Round I, there will be new grouping for Phase I Round II

So, one of the group will be

Spoiler for Nova Group:

The other will be

Spoiler for Stella Group:

Please note that voters are allowed to pick up to 2 characters in each group, thus having 2 characters from same series won't have much impact in the group result.
Old 2012-01-16, 08:37   Link #263
RegalStar
Mishaguji-sama

A listing of all the groups based on how Maglor's sample groups are arranged:

Spoiler for nova 1:

Spoiler for nova 2:

Spoiler for nova 3:

Spoiler for nova 4:

Spoiler for nova 5:

Spoiler for nova 6:

Spoiler for nova 7:

Spoiler for nova 8:

Spoiler for nova 9:

Spoiler for nova 10:

Spoiler for nova 11:

Spoiler for nova 12:

Spoiler for stella 1:

Spoiler for stella 2:

Spoiler for stella 3:

Spoiler for stella 4:

Spoiler for stella 5:

Spoiler for stella 6:

Spoiler for stella 7:

Spoiler for stella 8:

Spoiler for stella 9:

Spoiler for stella 10:

Spoiler for stella 11:

Spoiler for stella 12:

Last edited by RegalStar; 2012-01-16 at 09:05.
Old 2012-01-16, 18:24   Link #264
wontaek

Quote:
Originally Posted by RegalStar View Post
A listing of all the groups based on how Maglor's sample groups are arranged:
I checked some of the groups and they seem to be correct. Good job.

Anyone wants to make a guess that how the round 2 group will look a like, by first guessing the results of round 1?

Last edited by wontaek; 2012-01-16 at 19:25.
Old 2012-01-17, 10:52   Link #265
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Nova 3 is just evil...Although Kurisu and Sena look to have winnable groups. Kind of ticked Ai Nanasaki is stuck in a group with Homura in it....
Old 2012-01-17, 11:43   Link #266
hinakatbklyn

Possible winners for round 1...

Spoiler for Nova:

Spoiler for stella:

Last edited by hinakatbklyn; 2012-01-17 at 11:54.
Old 2012-01-17, 14:27   Link #267
RegalStar
Mishaguji-sama

For Nova, arena 1 through 6 should be the autoqualifier's win. The first two are obvious; Madoka vs Eucliwood is also pretty obvious to me (though may not be so to other people); I don't know enough about Fear to ascertain the statement against Yui, but with AB backing her I don't think Yui is losing; Menma and Yuno are paper tigers judging from their exhibition performances last year, though I guess Ohana might be able to get close to Charlotte.

Arena 7 is quite hard to tell (and hard to pick as well, personally). I think Kurisu has a very good chance since Victorique likely isn't as strong as she was last year, but Mayushii is there too which may split some votes away from her. Arena 10 is also hard to tell since I don't know Inori well to make a sophiscated guess. 8, 9 and 11 should be the top nomination's victory, while 12 is somewhat split between Homura and Kyouko.

Stella's is simpler. Autoqualifiers will all win. Louise is not going to get many more fans than she had before since the series she's in is currently in season 4, while any potential newfound strength for Rin is at best going to b cancelled out by Nadeko's newfound strength from Nise.
Old 2012-01-17, 17:46   Link #268
wontaek

Quote:
For Nova, arena 1 through 6 should be the autoqualifier's win. The first two are obvious; Madoka vs Eucliwood is also pretty obvious to me (though may not be so to other people); I don't know enough about Fear to ascertain the statement against Yui, but with AB backing her I don't think Yui is losing; Menma and Yuno are paper tigers judging from their exhibition performances last year, though I guess Ohana might be able to get close to Charlotte.

Arena 7 is quite hard to tell (and hard to pick as well, personally). I think Kurisu has a very good chance since Victorique likely isn't as strong as she was last year, but Mayushii is there too which may split some votes away from her. Arena 10 is also hard to tell since I don't know Inori well to make a sophiscated guess. 8, 9 and 11 should be the top nomination's victory, while 12 is somewhat split between Homura and Kyouko.

Stella's is simpler. Autoqualifiers will all win. Louise is not going to get many more fans than she had before since the series she's in is currently in season 4, while any potential newfound strength for Rin is at best going to b cancelled out by Nadeko's newfound strength from Nise.
Fair enough. Want to create hypothetical Round 2 grouping based on your predictions and guesses?

Here is how Round 2 groups will be formed

Spoiler for text wall about round 2 group forming algorithm:

Last edited by wontaek; 2012-01-18 at 01:39.
Old 2012-01-18, 15:55   Link #269
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

24/84 I support in Nova yet I have a bad feeling most of them won't make it ;-;. 30/84 for Stella slightly better compared to Nova section at least. Guess I'll be voting via which is a better character like last year

Last edited by Ichuki; 2012-01-31 at 19:56.
Old 2012-01-19, 00:10   Link #270
ppaaccoojrf

Quote:
Please note that voters are allowed to pick up to 2 characters in each group, thus having 2 characters from same series won't have much impact in the group result.
Can I vote twice for Nanasaki Ai? Because you know, I'm probably the only one voting for her... ;_;
Old 2012-01-19, 01:37   Link #271
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppaaccoojrf View Post
Can I vote twice for Nanasaki Ai? Because you know, I'm probably the only one voting for her... ;_;
You would be wrong, because after watching Amagami SS finally last week, you can be damn sure I'm voting for Ai!
Old 2012-01-19, 06:37   Link #272
wontaek

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppaaccoojrf View Post
no. Being allowed to pick up to 2 character is not the same as having 2 votes per each group. If you want, you can just pick Nanasaki Ai and not exercise your other pick in hope of slightly more boost to Nanasaki Ai's ranking. I wouldn't be at such a despair about Ai's chance, since Amagami 2nd season is still going, thus Nanasaki Ai has much opportunity to get an "high impact" episode or two and be seriously boosted in popularity.
Old 2012-01-19, 12:43   Link #273
broken270
Defying gravity

Algorithm for Round 2 was simpler than I thought. I may create a table depending on if I am willing to put the time to set everything up and predicting it.

As for whom I believe will win, I am pretty much aligned with Regalstar here. I think everyone who was autoqualified will advance to regular season with the exception of the last six in Nova, whom I'm suppose to believe will go to Kurisu, Aria, Kobato, Inori, Sena, and Kyouko, not Homura, whom I am still trying to figure out how strong she is. Color me crazy, if you wish.
Old 2012-01-19, 22:25   Link #274
ppaaccoojrf

Quote:
Originally Posted by wontaek View Post
no. Being allowed to pick up to 2 character is not the same as having 2 votes per each group. If you want, you can just pick Nanasaki Ai and not exercise your other pick in hope of slightly more boost to Nanasaki Ai's ranking. I wouldn't be at such a despair about Ai's chance, since Amagami 2nd season is still going, thus Nanasaki Ai has much opportunity to get an "high impact" episode or two and be seriously boosted in popularity.
I was kidding. I disagree, however, because I doubt SS+ will help more than the first season did, which was not much at all. It might make some people go back and watch the first season, but it wasn't so long ago so it won't be that many. I just hope the other girls' supporters also support her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
You would be wrong, because after watching Amagami SS finally last week, you can be damn sure I'm voting for Ai!
Spoiler for Brofist:
Old 2012-01-24, 17:50   Link #275
wontaek

To pass time, here is a little question for you to ponder.

Which 2 vs 2, 3 vs 3, or group vs group match would you like to see as an exhibition match in ISML ? If you want, you can even suggest unbalanced match up like

Team Purple ( Fujibayashi Kyou, Hiiragi Kagami ) vs Team Blue ( Fujibayashi Ryou, Hiiragi Tsukasa, Index and/or Ika-Musume and/or Reinforce II )

Team Nova I ( Akemi Homura and Tachibana Kanade ) vs Team Stella I (Louise Vallière , Misaka Mikoto )

Team Nova II ( Nanasaki Ai , Gokō Ruri Kuroneko, Eucliwood Hellscythe ) vs Team Stella II ( Nagato Yuki , Isayama Yomi, Nakano Azusa )

Team Tsundere ( Shana, Sanzennin Nagi , Tōsaka Rin ) vs Team Cool ( Yuzuriha Inori , Charlotte Dunois , Sakagami Tomoyo , Saber )

Possibilities are endless, but in addition to the match being fun, it would be nice if you can supply other reasons and explanation as what kind of data such a match can provide.
Old 2012-01-24, 18:01   Link #276
Qikz

Ok, I'm really confused by this entire process. Can somebody inform me if Kurisu is still in it? <3
Old 2012-01-24, 18:07   Link #277
RegalStar
Mishaguji-sama

I would like to see HanaKana vs Kugyu Seriously though, aside from a match between the two most popular seiyuus in ISML, it would also be a little like Nova vs Stella since Hanazawa has the advantage in nova, while Kugimiya has the advantage in stella, so it could be a comparison on multiple fronts.
Old 2012-01-24, 21:18   Link #278
wontaek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qikz View Post
Ok, I'm really confused by this entire process. Can somebody inform me if Kurisu is still in it? <3
Yes , Makise Kurisu was 6th in Nova nomination and is assigned to Group 7 for the first round in prelim Phase I.

Quote:
I would like to see HanaKana vs Kugyu Seriously though, aside from a match between the two most popular seiyuus in ISML, it would also be a little like Nova vs Stella since Hanazawa has the advantage in nova, while Kugimiya has the advantage in stella, so it could be a comparison on multiple fronts.
That is interesting. Care to name specific characters, since we can't have ALL Hanakana named nor all the Kugyu characters? Note that characters need not be all from those who are in prelim, thus if you think there is good reason or good laugh from having characters like Kajiwara Sora or Alphonse Elric, you are free to do so. This is just trading of ideas at this stage, thus there isn't any formal limitations, yet. Please note that we can't use the voice actors themselves as staff members have not decided on how to use real live person for exhibition.
Old 2012-01-24, 22:33   Link #279
hinakatbklyn

Can't really think of an explanation or a reason behind my choices for a 2 on 2 match other than 2 kugimiya and 2 hanazawa representatives from a current or just recently finished series.

Hanazawa (Sengoku Nadeko / Hasegawa Kobato) & Kugimiya (Shana <or Louise for a more even match> / Kanzaki H. Aria)

(2 veterans from a current series each partnered with 2 characters representing the top 5 in nominations)

Or maybe 2 from Stella and nova who just missed out on the preliminaries like...
Millhiore Biscotti / Saitohimea & Araragi Karen / Kanbaru Suruga

Last edited by hinakatbklyn; 2012-01-24 at 22:47.
Old 2012-01-24, 22:34   Link #280
RegalStar
Mishaguji-sama

Specifically, I was thinking something like Kanade + Kuroneko + Hasegawa Kobato/Charlotte/Nadeko vs Shana + Taiga + Aria/Louise. Or maybe drop Kanade and Shana and fill some weaker characters like Shiina Mayuri and Nagi or Louise.
Closed Thread

Tags
isml, saimoe, tournament