AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-04-03, 19:44   Link #3021
Hedd
Random Object

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
I'm just happy it seems like we're getting new episodes.

It seems Kadokawa is tying it in with the 1st season to make it more comprehendable to new viewers....or they used subterfuge as a dump stat.
I smell roleplayer. It's the smell of a white wolf and a wizard of the coast which coincidentally smells like old books.
Old 2009-04-03, 19:56   Link #3022
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedd View Post
I smell roleplayer. It's the smell of a white wolf and a wizard of the coast which coincidentally smells like old books.
...but I've never played a traditional RPG in my life.

I'm just big on memes.
Old 2009-04-03, 20:01   Link #3023
typhonsentra

I wonder what would happen to you guys if the second group of 14 episodes ended up being just the previous 14 in "Haruhi Order".
Old 2009-04-03, 20:06   Link #3024
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

We should know that in about seven weeks. If not then thirteen.

Either way...what is, is.
Old 2009-04-03, 20:22   Link #3025
ACGalaga

Send a message via AIM to ACGalaga
So the Haruhi fans have to bite their nails waiting for what might be a new season!! AAARGH!
Old 2009-04-03, 20:27   Link #3026
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I'm happy with Haruhi-chan myself.

The only thing I really, really want out of the later part of a 28 episode run is that smile. The smile that was not to be believed when first seen in artwork.
Old 2009-04-03, 20:37   Link #3027
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
I'm happy with Haruhi-chan myself.

The only thing I really, really want out of the later part of a 28 episode run is that smile. The smile that was not to be believed when first seen in artwork.
...what? Please provide greater context.
Old 2009-04-03, 20:44   Link #3028
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Yuki, smile....it is a hard things to believe, is it not?
Old 2009-04-03, 21:03   Link #3029
dragon4dudes
Uncountable rationality

Send a message via MSN to dragon4dudes
well, we do know that she was getting emotions so her being happy isn't all that weird. but the smile... I wonder what it would be like?

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so. Douglas Adams
Where facts are few, experts are many. Donald R. Gannon

void foo() {foo();} // Can you guess what this line of code does?
Old 2009-04-03, 21:30   Link #3030
Starry Dust
Lurkin' in ur threadz.

I dunno if I should say "YAY" or "NAY" to this news.

It sounds believable but I'll wait to say something until I actually "see" the new episodes/second season.

At least I got FMA to hype me up & keep me occupied
:]
Old 2009-04-03, 22:22   Link #3031
Solachinx
is a myth

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon4dudes View Post
well, we do know that she was getting emotions so her being happy isn't all that weird. but the smile... I wonder what it would be like?
If you really want to see it, Baka Tsuki has a nice color illustration of it under the section "color illustrations" in the Disappearance section.
Old 2009-04-03, 23:56   Link #3032
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon4dudes View Post
The smile of Great Goddess Nagato Yuki is an extremely rare occassion, and bearing witness to the event causes an indescribable state of bliss to all believers who behold it, creates believers out of those who are indifferent, and causes even the unclean heathens to shed tears of joy. Such is the power of Her smile.

... sorry, as a loyal follower of Her Gracefulness, I find it my duty to spread the message along to those who have not yet seen the light.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Old 2009-04-04, 00:50   Link #3033
Sute443
Sasaki-ist

Quote:
Originally Posted by typhonsentra View Post
I wonder what would happen to you guys if the second group of 14 episodes ended up being just the previous 14 in "Haruhi Order".
I don't know about the others, but I would laugh. So. Very. Much. For Kadokawa to perform such an epic troll, and prove that they actually have negative business sense, might actually be more satisfying than getting Disappearance.
Old 2009-04-04, 01:03   Link #3034
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Actaully, they seem to be in "Haruhi Order" now (chronological order). If they repeated it again afterwards it would be in "Kyon Order"...or "how they aired it the first time in 2006".
Old 2009-04-04, 01:03   Link #3035
-wtf-

Has anyone been able to see the episode that aired? Were there any edits to it? I wonder if any fansub groups will pick this up now because of this news... hopefully one or two do, cause even though i have the box set i'd still like to watch the episodes to see if anything has been added or deleted. Plus none of us really know where any completely new episodes might spring up -- if there are any, that is... never know with kadokawa anymore...
Old 2009-04-04, 01:51   Link #3036
Hedd
Random Object

Quote:
Originally Posted by -wtf- View Post
Has anyone been able to see the episode that aired? Were there any edits to it? I wonder if any fansub groups will pick this up now because of this news... hopefully one or two do, cause even though i have the box set i'd still like to watch the episodes to see if anything has been added or deleted. Plus none of us really know where any completely new episodes might spring up -- if there are any, that is... never know with kadokawa anymore...
Well technically it's licensed and thus can't be discussed in that manor though the peculiarity of the first season/second season oddity might add some grey to it. If someone did sub it (again?) I'd probably collect the whole thing if nothing more to keep it uniform and in HD.
Old 2009-04-04, 01:58   Link #3037
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

The episodes are suppose to start being released on Youtube in two weeks on Kadokawa's Channel. If there are subbed or not (like the Haruhi-chan episodes) is unknown at this time.
Old 2009-04-04, 02:42   Link #3038
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
For anyone doubting the possibility of new episodes, I just checked the J-Cast article that the ANN article links to. The statement from Teletama was apparently this:

Quote:
今回は全28話の放送を予定していますので、前回放送より多い話数に関しては、新作が含まれると聞いていま す
Roughly
"As this broadcast is planned for 28 episodes, we've heard that it will include new material not seen in the previous broadcast."

So as far as Teletama knows, we will probably be treated to new material at some point in this broadcast.

http://www.j-cast.com/2009/04/03038834.html
Old 2009-04-04, 03:33   Link #3039
Escalayer

So, a video on youtube was just uploaded a couple of hours ago showing both the DVD episode 1 and the recently re-aired episode 1 to show the comparisons of both of them. I watched it all the way through, and did not notice one difference. Maybe I just have bad eyes or something. Here is the link to the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyAxsLNeF1E
Old 2009-04-04, 03:38   Link #3040
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

From my understanding, aside from the recently aired version being in HD (supposedly), there isn't suppose to be any difference between it and the DVD version.

Tags
comedy, kadokawa, school life, science fiction, shounen