Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-01-31, 23:13   Link #21
Doraneko
The Owl of Minerva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
the manga did reveal who "the other" is but there wasn't any clues in the manga itself for the readers.
Then it sounds similar to the novel and it is my major disappointment.

Make no mistake. I still like the story as a whole (Mei = moe ) and especially the creepy parts, but I think it will do much better by ending in a different way.
Old 2012-02-01, 06:56   Link #22
haguruma

Send a message via ICQ to haguruma Send a message via MSN to haguruma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
the manga did reveal who "the other" is but there wasn't any clues in the manga itself for the readers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doraneko View Post
Then it sounds similar to the novel and it is my major disappointment.

Make no mistake. I still like the story as a whole (Mei = moe ) and especially the creepy parts, but I think it will do much better by ending in a different way.
Actually I have to disagree personally.
Spoiler:
haguruma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-02, 04:29   Link #23
Doraneko
The Owl of Minerva

Quote:
Originally Posted by haguruma View Post
Actually I have to disagree personally.
Spoiler:
By saying that I would rather see the story end in a different way, besides more exposition on that very point, more importantly I feel that there is much more the author can expand on given the very interesting settings.

Spoiler:
Old 2012-02-06, 17:17   Link #24
endarion88

can someone just spoil me if misaki mei survive in the end? just becouse the anime ED seems a really bad omen about this....
Old 2012-02-06, 17:46   Link #25
speedyexpress48
Boo, you whore

Send a message via AIM to speedyexpress48 Send a message via MSN to speedyexpress48 Send a message via Yahoo to speedyexpress48
Quote:
Originally Posted by endarion88 View Post
can someone just spoil me if misaki mei survive in the end? just becouse the anime ED seems a really bad omen about this....
Spoiler for ending:

Your Friendly Bitcoin Trader|Go Avs/Broncos
speedyexpress48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-06, 20:09   Link #26
reaper_unique

Does the twin-tail redheaded chick survive?

Just spoiler it for me, Horror and detective don't really do a lot for me and I don't mind spoilers in general.

Edit:
Spoiler for never mind:
reaper_unique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-07, 21:11   Link #27
taichi-kun

Sorry.. is It true that Mikami sensei is an anime original character and doesn't exist in the novel..?
taichi-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-07, 23:39   Link #28
rakusukira

Quote:
Originally Posted by taichi-kun View Post
Sorry.. is It true that Mikami sensei is an anime original character and doesn't exist in the novel..?
she exists in the novel
rakusukira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-08, 20:51   Link #29
taichi-kun

Spoiler for sorry didn't know It was spoiler:

Last edited by taichi-kun; 2012-02-08 at 21:28.
taichi-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-08, 20:56   Link #30
AbZeroNow
North American Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by taichi-kun View Post
Spoiler for Mikami-sensei's secret:
rolleyes:
Spoiler tags, please. That's a HUGE spoiler.
AbZeroNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-17, 00:58   Link #31
haguruma

Because people seem to have extreme problems with Chibikis explanation concerning the phenomenon I decided to translate the much longer passage from the novel and make it available here. As someone suggested the novel thread is the best place as people can just be directly linked to the post but it needs a certain willingness to read it.

I don't know how high the spoiler factor actually is at this point (episode 6). The anime still has time to reveal some of the facts and trivia metioned in this passage so it's up to you if you want to risk it or not. There is no reveal to the central mystery, but there are many more cases of previous years used and therefore much of the functionality of the phenomenon is revealed...though the only NEW information is probably in sub-chapter 10 so you could skip that as well and save it for later...

Spoiler for Conversation with Chibiki: chapter 10, p. 382-409:
Old 2012-02-20, 17:56   Link #32
Silverwyrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper_unique View Post
Does the twin-tail redheaded chick survive?

Just spoiler it for me, Horror and detective don't really do a lot for me and I don't mind spoilers in general.

Edit:
Spoiler for never mind:
Where did you see this? I cant seem to find any info and I have the volume 4 (manga) raws but don't see that either.

edit: hmm..maybe I see it. In which case if that is it, that's kinda lame way to throw it in at the end

Last edited by Silverwyrm; 2012-02-20 at 18:27.
Silverwyrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-20, 19:35   Link #33
haguruma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverwyrm View Post
Where did you see this? I cant seem to find any info and I have the volume 4 (manga) raws but don't see that either.

edit: hmm..maybe I see it. In which case if that is it, that's kinda lame way to throw it in at the end
Just in case people don't know, the finale of the manga is very different from the novel.
Spoiler for novel finale:

Last edited by haguruma; 2012-02-20 at 21:57.
Old 2012-02-21, 12:26   Link #34
NoirX
ぼっち
*Author

cant read japanese....need summaries of each ch or the translated one T.T
Old 2012-02-21, 16:43   Link #35
Forsaken_Infinity

Quote:
Because people seem to have extreme problems with Chibikis explanation concerning the phenomenon I decided to translate the much longer passage from the novel and make it available here. As someone suggested the novel thread is the best place as people can just be directly linked to the post but it needs a certain willingness to read it.

I don't know how high the spoiler factor actually is at this point (episode 6). The anime still has time to reveal some of the facts and trivia metioned in this passage so it's up to you if you want to risk it or not. There is no reveal to the central mystery, but there are many more cases of previous years used and therefore much of the functionality of the phenomenon is revealed...though the only NEW information is probably in sub-chapter 10 so you could skip that as well and save it for later...

I humbly thank you for putting in effort to translate something of this length. It was well worth it. Cleared up a few things I had in mind.

And, it also confirmed the one fear I had - as awesome as this anime looks to be, it clearly can't adapt the feel and the small details from the Novel. Oh well.
Old 2012-02-22, 14:36   Link #36
Marina2

Can novel readers tell me, between anime and manga, what is more accurate to the novel?

I ask this because I watched another ep.7 and saw that Izumi's behavior and action are totally different from manga.There are also additional scene between her and MC in that cafe. So, I wonder if those scene are in novel or they are original.

P.S. Somehow, I like Izumi in anime more than in manga.
Old 2012-02-22, 18:32   Link #37
justsomeguy

Quote:

Thank you very much. I was wondering how Chibiki can be so sure of himself in the anime, and this makes it clear that he's well aware the conclusions he drew from his observations could be wrong. The school trip being moved down a year was a surprise though, did the anime change things to fit in a beach episode next?

Currently playing: LoH Trails in the Sky SC
justsomeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-23, 04:53   Link #38
Rememblaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
Can novel readers tell me, between anime and manga, what is more accurate to the novel?

I ask this because I watched another ep.7 and saw that Izumi's behavior and action are totally different from manga.
I heard that manga is more accurate, Izumi (manga version) is similar to Izumi (novel version) while Izumi (anime version) has different personality...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
There are also additional scene between her and MC in that cafe. So, I wonder if those scene are in novel or they are original..
Anime original...
Rememblaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-23, 05:53   Link #39
haguruma

Quote:
Originally Posted by justsomeguy View Post
The school trip being moved down a year was a surprise though, did the anime change things to fit in a beach episode next?
No. The school trip being moved to the 2nd year of middle school was still a topic. I think Kôichi discussed it in episode 3 with Sakuragi if I remember correctly...or Teshigawara. It is a huge deal that they are attempting another school trip during the 3rd year now.
I still hope we learn that part of the story that deals with previous school trips next episode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rememblaire View Post
I heard that manga is more accurate, Izumi (manga version) is similar to Izumi (novel version) while Izumi (anime version) has different personality...
Well both are not completely accurate. While the manga made her much more aggressive and vile the anime canceled those traits out completely and made her a real part of the gang.
The anime goes as far as to apparently write Kazami completely out of those scenes and let Izumi take his lines as well...probably so that it wouldn't be an all guys group when Mei is gone. That's one of the things that shows, the series will have lots and lots of skimpy clad girls merchandise later on
Old 2012-02-29, 09:43   Link #40
Marina2

Thank for the answer.

Spoiler for About Izumi fate in anime compare to manga&novel: