AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-03-12, 05:44   Link #61
Goty

Send a message via ICQ to Goty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
If I presume a timeline, given how also in the manga Kurumada himself retconned the year the original story started, I would say Athena and her saints fought and waged war against Ares (Mars) at the turn of the millenium around 1999-2000.

Seiya would probably found baby Kouga right after the war, and Saori might have adopted him. Cut to a 13-year time skip, and the year is 2011-2012: Pretty much the new generation of Saints are old enough to have undergone their respective trials and won the allegiance of their respective Saints Cloths to wear.
Now that you've mentioned, how long was the timeskip here since the battle against Hades? I heard 25 years, and that sounds about right, but i didn't see any confirmation yet.
That would make Seiya 38, and he looks as young as ever..heh.
Goty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-12, 07:16   Link #62
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goty View Post
Now that you've mentioned, how long was the timeskip here since the battle against Hades? I heard 25 years, and that sounds about right, but i didn't see any confirmation yet.
That would make Seiya 38, and he looks as young as ever..heh.
Neither Toei nor TV Asahi's official page states any definite dates, the closest where you can work out the date is a paragraph from TV Asahi's page which states that Mars appeared "more than a decade ago (十数年前)" and abducted Sayori/Athena and the then baby Kyoga, Seiya fought and saved them, and afterwards Sayori formed a new saints training ground in preparation for the returning danger. But without knowing when Mars appeared after Hades you still can't work out a date. My guess is it's actually less than 20 years, but rather in the range of 15-18 years, which would put Seiya in his late 20s, just a tad older than most of the original gold saints.

I see a lot of places throwing the 25 year date around, but that's probably them confusing the official sources stating that this is the first new Saint Seiya TV animation work 25 years after the debut of the original TV series, NOT the actual time which passed in the story from the Hades Arc.
houkoholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-12, 07:26   Link #63
Goty

Send a message via ICQ to Goty
I see...for now, i think Ryuuhou is probably the best element to figure out the timeline. Since he's 13, i'm willing to give it at least a 17-year timeskip. I mean, i don't know if the series would like to imply that Shiryu became a father before he was 18.
Goty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-12, 08:49   Link #64
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
About the ‘mask’ rule: yeah, It IS ridiculous. Plus, those female saints always wear poor clothing, not just minimal but also ugly compared to the male saints. I feel sorry for them. Also, how come (in the original show) the male cloth cover all important parts of the body while the female cloth just cover the shoulders, arms and lower part of legs? In fact, I’m a bit curious, can Eagle cloth (Marin’s), Crane cloth (Yuzuriha’s) and Ophiucus cloth (Shaina’s) worn by men?

Btw, did Shaina marry Seiya already (due to the ‘mask’ rule)? If she didn’t, then it’s obviously Shaina’s own fault since she’s too shy to ask Seiya even though he’s always available .
Sure, as long as those men are not afraid to "cross dress". Shun had no problem wearing the andromeda cloth. Imagine if Ikki had been sent to claim that cloth as was originally planned... I bet he would have never accepted to wear it
Incidentally...

I doubt Shaina married Seiya. If he has any love interest, it's Saori. I don't know if Athena is allowed to have a romantic relationship with one of her saint though... well, she's the "big boss" so she can do it if she wants to. What happens if a female saint can neither kill (too strong for her) nor marry (already taken/not interested) the person who saw her face anyway?
Old 2012-03-12, 13:22   Link #65
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Incidentally...

I doubt Shaina married Seiya. If he has any love interest, it's Saori. I don't know if Athena is allowed to have a romantic relationship with one of her saint though... well, she's the "big boss" so she can do it if she wants to. What happens if a female saint can neither kill (too strong for her) nor marry (already taken/not interested) the person who saw her face anyway?
OMG at the pic.

IIRC, Athena is a virgin goddess (just like Artemis). So, I think Seiya & Saori can’t become “official” couple. For that, Shaina can be Seiya’s wife to fulfill his "needs" he can’t get from Athena. (Damn, what the hell am I typing? It’s already turned into a fanfic. Sorry about that XD).
Old 2012-03-14, 10:38   Link #66
Miraluka
Banned

Some new info:

- Gold Saint of Sagitarius, Seiya, fought Mas 13 years ago but went missing after defeating him.

- Gold Saint of Libra, Shiryu, Mars stole from him one of his senses.

- Gold Saint of Aquarius, Hyoga, Mars trapped himinside a frozen prison just like Camus did once to him. Who can save him?

- Andromeda Shun seems to have lost his ability to burn his cosmo yet he will appear to give some tipes to the saints.

-Ikki is Death Queen Island. He will play role by aiding bronze saints.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-14, 11:17   Link #67
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post

Blind again? Sucks to be him.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-14, 13:12   Link #68
Albafica
Pisces no saint

I don't know if what I say next is true, but here some news (maybe fake, maybe not).

Some pics of Saint Seiya Omega :

Yuna:

It said that she is japanse/french .
She's linked with Marin. Her sister is Eriss a fake godess. She is Mars' sister. She can read in stars and her element is the wind.

Koga:

It said that he doesn't know who is his parents. It said that there is a possibility that his father is Mars... His element is the light.

By the way, Hyoga, again in a frozen coffin? Hey, they like to do same things or what...

A really strong female gold saint would be really cool because it miss a lot in Saint Seiya. There are too much useless women (like Athena... once again she will be kidnapped by someone).

Now we need a really good soundtrack. Not like Lost Canvas. It was really bad in my opinion and it killed the show for me. No emotion.

I hope that there will be some emotional moments in Omega because it's an important point in Saint Seiya. And the SOUNDTRACK IS REALLY IMPORTANT! Once again! I would like to see Yokoyama back or someone like Takanashi Yasuharu (Fairy Tail, Naruto Shippuden, Jigoku Shojo).
Old 2012-03-14, 13:37   Link #69
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albafica View Post
I would like to see Yokoyama back or someone like Takanashi Yasuharu (Fairy Tail, Naruto Shippuden, Jigoku Shojo).
Personally, I think Naruto Shippuden's score is bad. Not awful or abysmal, but plain bad (just like Lost Canvas). It really doesn't live up to the score of the early seasons of Naruto.

Wow, someone brought back Eris! So, the movie featuring her is canon?
Old 2012-03-14, 13:55   Link #70
Albafica
Pisces no saint

I don't know if it's really Eris, it's written Eriss with 2 "s".

I really like the soundtrack of Shippuden but I know some people who don't like it, like you. I think that Takanashi Yasuharu can do epic soundtrack and emotion music, that's why I wanted to hear him in Omega.

For example, I really like music like that kind of soundtrack (from Shippuden) :

Saika:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yGIFpSnT6o

Senya:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WaBBcEvNdxE

But I agree with you, the music from Naruto is better than Naruto Shippuden for me too.

edit:

News and pics (saintseiyapedia):

It said that Soma is someone who can be uncontrollable
He's bresilian and his element is the fire. He's searching for his parents murderer (it looks like he's a Saint).

Last edited by Albafica; 2012-03-14 at 14:52.
Albafica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-14, 14:47   Link #71
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

A score by Takanashi Yasuharu for Omega would be pretty decent. Especially keeping in mind his track record for scores such as Fairy Tail and Toward the Terra.

Or we might be really lucky and see the return of Yokoyama Seiji.
Old 2012-03-14, 14:51   Link #72
Albafica
Pisces no saint

It would be a cool surprise, seriously!
Old 2012-03-14, 17:30   Link #73
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
That shouldn't be a problem, he's used to it by now

They don't mention whether Ikki became the Leo gold saint. I'm kind of hoping he remained Phoenix.
Old 2012-03-14, 19:39   Link #74
Sageblink
Speculation is wrong.

Wait... What ? Wai... Umakoshi Yoshihiko + Saint Seiya ?

... BURST OF JOY !!

Edit : It's been almost 20 years, and Saori is still wearing that dress.
Can someone call the fashion police ?
Sageblink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-14, 21:33   Link #75
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:

They don't mention whether Ikki became the Leo gold saint. I'm kind of hoping he remained Phoenix.
Even though his zodiac sign doesn't fit I actually think Ikki would make a good Gemini gold saint, his attacks mirrors that of Gemini to a T (both have a powerful psychological attack and a super-powerful physical attack), if he learns the ability to send people to another dimension he'll be set. Also the Gemini saints are traditionally one of the most powerful too (both in Lost Canvas and in the original), and they are also loners who don't really work well with others.

Don't know what Kurumada was thinking when he made Ikki a leo lol.
houkoholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-14, 22:32   Link #76
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:

Confirmed Ikki still is the Phoenix Saint.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-15, 05:44   Link #77
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sageblink View Post
Can someone call the fashion police ?
Not when she looks damn good in the white dress.
Old 2012-03-15, 05:59   Link #78
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Besides, since when has Greek Gods/Goddess cared about their clothes?

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-15, 09:57   Link #79
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

A very short PV has made it's way to the Internet.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xpgpjj_omega
Old 2012-03-15, 10:05   Link #80
Albafica
Pisces no saint

Teaser of Saint Seiya Omega!!!

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xpgpjj_omega

The background music is Pegasus Fantasy piano .

here the website: http://www.tv-asahi.co.jp/seiya-koga/

By the ways, some pics (by Saintseiyapedia):

There are some news about Eden and Haruto, but I think it spoiled a bit too much.

Spoiler:

We have summaries of 3 first episodes of Omega, and it looks like we will have a "Saint academy" or something like that!

PS: Ah Shiroth is first!

Tags
action, shounen