AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

View Poll Results: Nanoha - StrikerS - Episode 01 Rating
Perfect 10 49 28.82%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 40 23.53%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 45 26.47%
7 out of 10 : Good 21 12.35%
6 out of 10 : Average 7 4.12%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 1.76%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 1.18%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 1.18%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.59%
Voters: 170. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-04-05, 02:43   Link #361
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatAttack View Post
~ Anyway, it was said somewhere that TSAB enforcers have a minimum rank of A (does that include A-?) so we know that in adulthood, a career mage can expect to reach A rank. ~
A?! They were so hilariously helpless against the enemies that I was under the impression they were merely B or less. I mean, they didn't even so much as fight back as just brandish their spears before huddling onto the ground in a quivering mess.

If those jokers were Rank-A, then it does not bode well for Subaru and gang.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
@Skane
TWO explainations.

Either they want to surprise us during the show, or they don't intend to have him in up close combat. ~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
About Chrono, the way I see it is he should be around S+ to SS. It's kinda hard imagining him below Nanoha and Fate so he should be around their level or higher. I'm betting that he should be SS- or SS (tied with our broken demi-goddess, Hayate). Even SS+, why not?
Anyway, I wonder how the other Church higher ups compares with Hayate. I don't know why but by reading the manga Chrono makes it sound like Acoss is even better than Hayate! But that was four years before StrikerS. *shrug* Anyway, that's enough from me for now.
Spoiler for manga stuff about Chrono & Fate:

Spoiler for Church:

Still, I WILL choke on laughter if they visit the Saint Church compound and Acous spouts the line, "Welcome to the House of God." while the three of them are floating in the air with moonbeams shooting out of their eyes or some jazz like that.

Cheers.
Old 2007-04-05, 02:52   Link #362
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Acous is definitely more experienced than Hayate, but unlike her, he doesn't have a Logia (though not at full power) to back him up.
Lies!

He has green hair...he has strange blue eyes... He dresses snazzily...There can only be one reason!

Spoiler for Acous's version of Reinforce Zwei:

Spoiler for Acous Barrier Jacket Gattai!:

That's SSS right there.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-04-05, 03:27   Link #363
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
A?! They were so hilariously helpless against the enemies that I was under the impression they were merely B or less. I mean, they didn't even so much as fight back as just brandish their spears before huddling onto the ground in a quivering mess.

If those jokers were Rank-A, then it does not bode well for Subaru and gang.
Well to be fair, Precia was suspected to be of S rank or higher, so it's no wonder they got pwned in one move.

But my question is this: How much of a kick to the balls is it for a 9 years old girl to be several times more powerful than you within a few days while you've spent years training up to A

Quote:
Spoiler for manga stuff about Chrono & Fate:
It's a nice feeling to be able to use what you've learnt in school, heh?

Quote:
Spoiler for Church:

Still, I WILL choke on laughter if they visit the Saint Church compound and Acous spouts the line, "Welcome to the House of God." while the three of them are floating in the air with moonbeams shooting out of their eyes or some jazz like that.

Cheers.
You know, I thought it was just a joke, but had Hayate really become battle-crazy? The parallels to Haruhi is really starting to show... Next thing you know she'll be talking about 'moe' and loli-faced girls...

...Wait.

(As for Carim - Beware of the nice ones )

@Nightengale
I thought Chaos Soldier is brown-haired?
Old 2007-04-05, 03:33   Link #364
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
@Nightengale
I thought Chaos Soldier is brown-haired?
Forgetting Hayate's brown/white-hair, have you?

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-04-05, 03:43   Link #365
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Forgetting Hayate's brown/white-hair, have you?
Oh... Right.
Old 2007-04-05, 03:53   Link #366
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Spoiler for Hayate in the manga:

ADD] [yesy] has released their [MQ] version of MSLN StrikerS Ep01. [HQ] version to be out when a suitable RAW can be found. Much cheers to them. [DGz] has released their version too, but with no comments on what sort of quality it is meant to be.

Cheers.
Old 2007-04-05, 04:26   Link #367
JediNight
キズランダム

Lol ... MQ? With a HQ yet to come? Seems pointless IMHO. The LQ is more than adequate to watch the episode with atm, so don't see the point in DLing 3 versions of 1 ep.
Old 2007-04-05, 04:42   Link #368
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight View Post
Lol ... MQ? With a HQ yet to come? Seems pointless IMHO. The LQ is more than adequate to watch the episode with atm, so don't see the point in DLing 3 versions of 1 ep.
Well, it is animation after all. Having a quality video to enhance the viewing experience is part of the charm too.

Cheers.
Old 2007-04-05, 04:51   Link #369
Lost

Our Lady Nanoha deserves to be seen in full HD glory, IMO. (and so does the OP) Waiting for a HQ release while I check out Nanoha-DGz's release.
Old 2007-04-05, 07:17   Link #370
Aaron008R

Quote:
Spoiler for Hayate in the manga:

ADD] [yesy] has released their [MQ] version of MSLN StrikerS Ep01. [HQ] version to be out when a suitable RAW can be found. Much cheers to them. [DGz] has released their version too, but with no comments on what sort of quality it is meant to be.

Cheers.
Now that you mention it, Hayate really IS a power player!
D-damn, Chaos2Frozen's likening her with Haruhi is starting to get frighteningly real... Then, would she go, "Utte, utte, UTTEE!!!!" ala Haruhi in a battleship fight? Then Chrono would try to stop her and Acoss will say that they are under attack... (hint: VA's) I'll stop now...
Old 2007-04-05, 07:31   Link #371
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
Now that you mention it, Hayate really IS a power player!
D-damn, Chaos2Frozen's likening her with Haruhi is starting to get frighteningly real... Then, would she go, "Utte, utte, UTTEE!!!!" ala Haruhi in a battleship fight? Then Chrono would try to stop her and Acoss will say that they are under attack... (hint: VA's) I'll stop now...

Yup, I brought up that 'point' in the "Fan Anticipation Thread" a month or two ago...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen
Wouldn't it be awesome if they'll have a warship battle in space somewhere in the series ?

I can imagine both Chrono and Acoss, in their ships, trying to hold back a battle-crazy commander Hayate from charging in...

Spoiler for imagination:

...LOL!
...Something like that
Old 2007-04-05, 09:07   Link #372
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

Random post here. Regarding the minimum employment age in Midchilda, it's stated in the Nanoha novel that their's is actually pretty low, which probably could help give a sensible explanation as to why so many of their people rise to high ranks at a young age.

Nonetheless their child-care laws are still good enough to prevent exploitation... most of the time.
Old 2007-04-05, 09:14   Link #373
Meophist

Ever since I saw Hayate in the opening in what looks like a battle ship, I tried imagining how she'll be in it. I can't stop imagining her grinning out of sheer glee. Ni matter what happens, I imagine she'll almost always have a smile on her face. I can imagine her not holding back in a fight, but able to accept surrender. I can also imagine her being quite strong in tactical combat.

I think she'll be able to gather quite a reputation, perhaps as a grinning demon.
Old 2007-04-05, 09:38   Link #374
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meophist View Post
Ever since I saw Hayate in the opening in what looks like a battle ship, I tried imagining how she'll be in it. I can't stop imagining her grinning out of sheer glee. Ni matter what happens, I imagine she'll almost always have a smile on her face. I can imagine her not holding back in a fight, but able to accept surrender. I can also imagine her being quite strong in tactical combat.

I think she'll be able to gather quite a reputation, perhaps as a grinning demon.
Spoiler for random silliness:

What gets to me is that Hayate is in charge of Nanoha and Fate, in terms of military hierarchy.

H: "Launch Nanoha!"
N: "Nanoha Takamachi. Launching!"

In fact, if you examine the OP closely... both Fate and Nanoha took off from a mid-air "magic runway". So I suppose that is another "Super Robots/Gundam" reference.

Cheers.
Old 2007-04-05, 09:49   Link #375
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:

In fact, if you examine the OP closely... both Fate and Nanoha took off from a mid-air "magic runway". So I suppose that is another "Super Robots/Gundam" reference.

Cheers.
Yeah, noticed the 'runway'... couldn't stop laughing.

Here's another reference.

Isn't Nanoha basically the 'Buster' while Fate is the 'DeathScythe'
Old 2007-04-05, 10:34   Link #376
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

And once they get their AMF Cancellers, they'll be Freedom and Justice

I don't think Hayate was in a battleship in the OP, more like in HQ, inside that tall building behind Nanoha and Fate. Nonetheless, it's still one of the more memorable scenes in the OP (asides from the Haken Saber/ Divine Buster spam combo they did XD).

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2007-04-05, 10:53   Link #377
Skane
Anime Snark

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
And once they get their AMF Cancellers, they'll be Freedom and Justice ~
Nono, Friendship and Courage. Hayate can be... I dunno... Valour? (going with the Knight-theme here)

Cheers.
Old 2007-04-05, 11:25   Link #378
Thisguy
Negikamo

Quote:
F: "I never thought I would hear that from you..."
Best. Line. Ever.
Old 2007-04-05, 12:06   Link #379
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Quote:
Law of Inertia.
Spoiler for further elaboration:

Cheers.
Hence the "villan" using them, this could be a hint that the "villan" likes to cheat/being cunning than simply using brute force to acheive his/her goals...

"Unknow Villan" - 1
Precia Testarossa - 0

Old 2007-04-05, 12:11   Link #380
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameSparkZ View Post
Hence the "villan" using them, this could be a hint that the "villan" likes to cheat/being cunning than simply using brute force to acheive his/her goals...

"Unknow Villan" - 1
Precia Testarossa - 0

That would go along with the change of dynamic in StrikerS: Whereas Nanoha and A's focused on skill and power, here we might see more cunning plans devised during battle, so as to get Subaru, Teana and the rest of Mobile Section 6 to up their ante, not just in Magical Power, but in Brain Power as well. Subaru and Teana certainly showed this dynamic well, and the Aces in A's to Strikers show that they don't just attack situations with a battleship mentality (aka Bigger Guns + Thicker Armor = Invincible).

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Closed Thread