AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2014-10-11, 01:27   Link #381
BPD Renegade

Not exactly unexpected:
Kuroko's Basketball to Launch Sequel Manga in Jump Next on Dec. 29.

Is anyone on this forum even following this still?
BPD Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-11, 01:38   Link #382
ChuckE
Provoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPD Renegade View Post
Not exactly unexpected:
Kuroko's Basketball to Launch Sequel Manga in Jump Next on Dec. 29.

Is anyone on this forum even following this still?
If it won't be New Prince of Tennis bullsh*t then who knows
Old 2014-12-27, 19:17   Link #383
BPD Renegade

Stumbled upon the new chapter while going to read One Piece. Well, it looks like it's not actually a new series, but just an extra story. Tbh, it seems over-the-top to me. Glad it's separate from the original manga, otherwise, rating-wise, Kuroko would become a mess and plummet.
Spoiler for chapter:
Anyway, looks like the setting is in the middle of their second year, since Interhigh just ended. There were a few pros: Looks like there's finally some movement in the Hyuuga-Aida relationship. On the flip side, what the hell did Midorima do to his hair? He looks 30.
Old 2014-12-27, 20:00   Link #384
NovelReader

The new manga is bimonthly right? If so, then waiting for a new chapter will be lame.
NovelReader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-27, 20:43   Link #385
Hidan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovelReader View Post
The new manga is bimonthly right? If so, then waiting for a new chapter will be lame.
Yeah I agree, my current interest in this is very low now.
Hidan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-27, 20:51   Link #386
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Wouldn't trained gorillas or even chimpanzees totally own humans at sumo? They're freaking strong.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-27, 23:15   Link #387
ghost013

Is it me or did anyone else think the art got worse. Seriously, this is the first time I can think of that manga's art got worse over time.
Old 2014-12-28, 05:43   Link #388
Log
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

The fanservice is real, wow. It's pretty much obvious that this is the authors answer to everyone who wanted the GoM + Kagami to team up and play together. Now no matter how crappy the plot is, people will read it for the characters. Easy money easy life I suppose.

Spoiler for rank:
Log is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-28, 06:53   Link #389
ChuckE
Provoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost013 View Post
Is it me or did anyone else think the art got worse. Seriously, this is the first time I can think of that manga's art got worse over time.
I think the same regarding King Golf
Old 2014-12-28, 22:53   Link #390
Rasen

As stereotypically "evil American" as Jabberwock was, (Hello Ippo, Prince of Tennis) I still think they're better than Hanamiya or Haizaki. Just saying. They may be stupid, but they're also 18. Let's be fair: 18 year-olds can be very stupid.

Also, it's not as if the author views all Americans that way. Alex was cool (also an exhibitionist), and Taiga/Tatsuya seemed to get along just fine with whoever they grew up playing basketball with. Also, as Tatsuya says, he heard bad rumors about Jabberwock. If they typified Americans, it wouldn't have been a bad rumor, just a rumor.

Regarding the monkey and sumo comment earlier, I think in an all-out fight a monkey would win. But sticking to the rules of sumo, I dunno if they have the mass or size for it.

Regarding the art, I think it's about at the same level as before. The art can get pretty sketchy in the original series too, in non-important moments.

Last edited by Rasen; 2014-12-28 at 23:04.
Rasen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-28, 23:29   Link #391
Sixth
Hu Tao

Evil American players? Can we expect the quote: The limit of the black man"?

Plus, will all those American teleport by default when dribbling the ball?
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-28, 23:34   Link #392
NovelReader

I just hope the GoM will destroy them. Can't see them losing unless Jabberwocks also have some special abilities.
NovelReader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-29, 00:07   Link #393
Rasen

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovelReader View Post
I just hope the GoM will destroy them. Can't see them losing unless Jabberwocks also have some special abilities.
That depends. If this is basically a short story, the fight will probably be epic. (Jabbberwock were supposedly at the same level of GoM or better) We might even get some backstory for why the white guy is so racist (maybe his grandfather fought in WW2)

On the other hand, if this is a full-on serialization, then they'll get creamed, because their destruction will lead to a series of battles for the GoM.

I'm not sure which to hope for, because I REALLY like it when dream teams are formed.
Old 2015-01-04, 03:11   Link #394
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Yeah, it's obvious that they dialed the 'bad guy' team up to the 11s; KnB, at least to me, seemed to pride itself on not making the opposing team the 'bad guy' in any match, even in the Rakuzan/Yosen matches, so I'm kind of surprised, and a bit disappointed, that the US special team players are over-the-top assholes instead of generally likable, slightly weird, but overly dominate players.

Outside of that, the US team and their personalities are nothing more than a means to an end; and that end is the GoM getting a reason to get back together and play again. We have Riko's dad as coach, and hopefully Momoi will return to assist in some way, maybe a Riko/Momoi collaboration. We've never seen the fully-powered GoM go against any opponent of worth, so that's the biggest potential out of all of this.

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-05, 12:21   Link #395
Rasen

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
Yeah, it's obvious that they dialed the 'bad guy' team up to the 11s; KnB, at least to me, seemed to pride itself on not making the opposing team the 'bad guy' in any match, even in the Rakuzan/Yosen matches, so I'm kind of surprised, and a bit disappointed, that the US special team players are over-the-top assholes instead of generally likable, slightly weird, but overly dominate players.
I have to disagree. Hanamiya and his team were very much a "bad guy" team, as was Haizaki.

As mouthy as the US team was, in terms of on the court, I don't think they were any worse than the GoM in their last year at Teikou (particularly against Kuroko's friend). Off the court, it's just that one guy who expressed his racist opinions so far. If the author wanted to, he could probably find a way to soften his character or at least make him more relate-able to.
Old 2015-08-17, 17:56   Link #396
BPD Renegade

Don't know if anyone else is keeping up with the Extra Game chapters (I've been following on and off -- bimonthly, what can you do?), but I'm liking the team dynamics we're seeing:

Spoiler for images:
Lol at Kise breaking the fourth wall.

And the last page of chapter four, haha. I feel like I'm reading a battle manga now.
Old 2015-08-19, 07:22   Link #397
Queen of Corners

^I've been keeping up with it, too. I'm glad I'm not the only one.

That last page in chapter 4 had me laughing out loud. Probably not for the best reasons.

And while I agree on the team dynamics, god I've been enjoying that, I think the game feels somehow rushed. I don't really like the treatment that the Jabberwock team is getting. I wish they'd get more development, but I get the feeling it's too late for that now. On the other hand, it makes it feel all that much better when
Spoiler for chapter 5:

On a less related note, am I the only one who is kind of annoyed at the way Fujimaki is treating Kise? He always seems to get the short end of the stick.
Queen of Corners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-24, 04:42   Link #398
judasmartel
*Author

Say, guys, if you're given the task of building the Japanese U-16 and U-18 teams in the KnB-verse during the time the manga was first released (2008-2010), who would you pick as members of the Japanese youth men's basketball teams?

First years can only enter U-16
Second years can enter both U-16 and U-18
Third years can only enter U-18

For reference, here are the results of the U-16 and U-18 tournaments from 2008-2010.

FIBa Asoa U-18 Main Page
2008 FIBA Asia U-18 - Iran, Kazakhstan, Syria
2010 FIBA Asia U-18 - China, Korea, Taiwan

FIBA Asia U-16 Main Page
2009 FIBA U-16 - China, Korea, Iran

(even PH beat Japan IRL lol, and I bet even that crazy Kuroko-level passing in KnB-verse Japan is considered normal passing in KnB-verse Korea)

It's interesting to note that within the time period from 2008-2010, Japan has never qualified for the U-17 and U-19 World Championships.

That could mean three things:

1. KnB-verse Japan is actually as weak as its RL counterpart, and the other Asian teams like China and Korea have even crazier basketball skills than the KnB-level players in Japan
2. KnB-verse Japan actually exists IRL, but for some reason KnB-level players were not recruited to the Japanese national team.
3. The author of KnB made the manga out of frustration with RL Japan not doing so well in international ball at the time he first made it (ofc Japan men's ball seems to be doing better now, and Japan women's ball does even better)

Last edited by judasmartel; 2015-08-24 at 04:54.
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
basketball, comedy