Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-03-08, 21:42   Link #41
Vagrant0

Quote:
Originally Posted by james3wk View Post
I can't believe no one has mentioned the two pseudo-Harem/Comedy classics by Rumiko Takahashi:

Urusei Yatsura ~ Those Obnoxious Aliens - a great pseudo-Harem series about a lecherous high school boy who mistakenly proposes to an invading alien princess. So, Lamu, the alien princess, follows him around like a love sick puppy always getting in the way of his desperate need to plant his seed and propagate. One of the main director's for the series was Mamoru Oshii, best known for his work on the Patlabor series and the original Ghost in the Shell movie.

Ranma 1/2 - one of the original gender-bending harem shows...actually it is still one of the only gender-bending harem shows ever. Great comedy, good action, strange romance abound in this classic series that helped to pave the way for the Anime explosion in America. The main character, Ranma, and his multiple "brides" must battle crazed demons, perverted teachers, ectentric Amazonians, and much much more in order to try and create any semblance of normality in his life. Did I forget to mention that he turns into a girl when he is hit with hot water, that is somewhat important . This was the main inspiration for the beloved harem manga Love Hina, but without the wussy lead character.
Thought I did...
Quote:
Originally Posted by myself
You might want to try some of the older anime, which arguably were the daddies of the whole harem genre, like Urusei Yatsura, Ranma 1/2, Tenchi, ect. While they may not fit perfectly to the more modern frame of the harem anime, they may have the aspects of harem anime that you happen to like.
Or should I have provided a discription as well?
Old 2008-03-08, 22:14   Link #42
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagrant0 View Post
Thought I did...
Damn, your right. Sorry about that. Gave you some Rep as compensation for rememberance of some of the classics .
Old 2008-03-09, 07:05   Link #43
Bucket

Even though School Days fits your description clearly, it's probably not something you're looking for, because people usually watch School Days for a different reason...

If you're looking for a good harem anime w/o a wussy lead you might like;

Clannad: This goes for Kanon 2006 and AIR, they're all great harem anime with a great lead, and a great, romantic story along with many funny, mysterious characters... The 'anime' does NOT contain any ecchi or hentai. Except a few scenes which might be as a joke.

Shuffle!: This show is fantasy and harem, and if you like fan service but not full-on hentai you will like this anime... This anime's lead is not a pervert nor a wuss, and this anime has many 'dark' sides to it... But it's not bloody or anything.

Higurashi no Naku Koro ni: This is the best anime ever.
Old 2008-03-09, 13:25   Link #44
Qwazar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romalokp2 View Post
Ranma 1/2 i found this anime to be mildly disturbing with the transforming into a girl and boy by being wet
I watched it for the lols. It IS pretty funny, you have to admit.

As for actual suggestions... I'd say it's UNpossible, since every lead (ok, maybe Nodame Cantabile guy), is pretty much similar to every other. Okay, gross generalization, but you will generaly have to go through tens of similar leads to get one special, and even then 2 times out of four you won't like him.
Old 2008-03-09, 22:20   Link #45
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucket View Post
Even though School Days fits your description clearly, it's probably not something you're looking for, because people usually watch School Days for a different reason....
Spoiler for You mean...:
Old 2008-03-09, 23:14   Link #46
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

Quote:
Clannad: This goes for Kanon 2006 and AIR, they're all great harem anime with a great lead, and a great, romantic story along with many funny, mysterious characters... The 'anime' does NOT contain any ecchi or hentai. Except a few scenes which might be as a joke.
Not really. There's Nayuki in a bra, but that's it, unless you count Haruko as fanservice.
Quote:
Shuffle!: This show is fantasy and harem, and if you like fan service but not full-on hentai you will like this anime... This anime's lead is not a pervert nor a wuss, and this anime has many 'dark' sides to it... But it's not bloody or anything.
Not bloody? Did you see the last episode?
haha, but yeah, you'll probably like it because it has fanservice and such.
Quote:
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni: This is the best anime ever.
I'll have to disagree, but it's definately up there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by asaqe View Post
Spoiler for You mean...:
No. He means the ending that was Nice Boated out of existence.
Old 2008-03-09, 23:25   Link #47
Romalokp2
ecchi, funny,harem=great

woah you all help
cough- in someway - cough
but still it dosent have to be all ecchi
i am mainly looking for a funny harem without a wuss lead
just to clear things up between you guys
Old 2008-03-10, 02:27   Link #48
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Zero no Tsukaima. Saito gets mistreated a lot, but he's got a mouth on him and is an awesome swordfighter. He does have a dirty mind, though, but it more often than not passes off as comedy. It's a great series, and has good drama in the second season, as well.

Clannad is a harem anime only in the loosest of terms. Tomoya has a bunch of girls around him, but I wouldn't say they're pining after him like most harem anime. It's more like a mild interest (at first --- their interest gets a bit more serious further into the series). This anime is still ongoing.

Tenchi Muyo! is good. Tenchi is not a pushover, at least not to the extent of the pathetic wimps most harem anime have.

Ai Yori Aoshi. The main character Kaoru has a bit of a hard past, but he's not weak. A bit shut-in at first, but he opens up. A sweet harem anime (kind of a pseudo-harem, not a true harem as some would classify, like Clannad).
Old 2008-03-10, 02:29   Link #49
Gotank
Evil Chewy Thing

Ugh... Saito... He's probably one of the characters I have the most mixed feelings about in all of anime... About every episode that he manages to earn a bit of my respect, he immediately lose it like 5 minutes later (the last 4 minutes of season 2 finale anyone?) I wouldn't call him a wuss, but he doesn't strike me as a spectacular male lead either.
Old 2008-03-10, 02:50   Link #50
Romalokp2
ecchi, funny,harem=great

lol i know i have seen Satio
the girl luise or somthing is like
I wont call you a dog or make you sleep on the floor, or use the whip
then at the end whipwhipwhip
Old 2008-03-10, 03:18   Link #51
Bucket

Quote:
Originally Posted by qtipbrit92 View Post
Not bloody? Did you see the last episode?
Yes I have seen every episode, and I wouldn't consider it 'bloody'... Just emotional and dramatic. Either way if you explain the anime overall you would not call it a bloody anime. It's different to School Days, it's not a 'bloody' anime.
Old 2008-03-10, 11:19   Link #52
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Quote:
Originally Posted by qtipbrit92 View Post
I'll have to disagree, but it's definately up there.

No. He means the ending that was Nice Boated out of existence.
Spoiler for I know:
Old 2008-03-10, 12:29   Link #53
oompa loompa

im going to go with shuffle.. but if you like oranges i suggest you stay away from this one .. nonetheless tsuchimi rin is not a wuss at all.. he is a bit disinterested, but hes pretty cool generally - hes a not so funny version of okazaki from clannad
Old 2008-03-10, 19:36   Link #54
Romalokp2
ecchi, funny,harem=great

lol
I have seen shuffle
so yea, but you all have nice suggestions
and i havent found one to fit my taste
but like you all say its hard to find a harem without a wuss lead
so to make it easier they can be a little wussy or perverted
Old 2008-03-11, 20:35   Link #55
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

You can also try manga, although still tricky.
Old 2008-03-11, 21:26   Link #56
Romalokp2
ecchi, funny,harem=great

srry but i am not into manga
cause you can watch anime for free but you have to buy manga
Old 2008-03-12, 02:03   Link #57
oompa loompa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romalokp2 View Post
srry but i am not into manga
cause you can watch anime for free but you have to buy manga
no you dont ... err is it alright to say that here?..
Old 2008-03-12, 02:12   Link #58
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

Quote:
Yes I have seen every episode, and I wouldn't consider it 'bloody'... Just emotional and dramatic. Either way if you explain the anime overall you would not call it a bloody anime. It's different to School Days, it's not a 'bloody' anime.
Spoiler for Shuffle!:

Quote:
Originally Posted by oompa loompa View Post
no you dont ... err is it alright to say that here?..
We have a whole forum where people are currently discussing unlicensed, fantranslated manga. I would assume it's okay to bring it up here.
Closed Thread

Tags
harem, strong_male