AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Gundam Build Fighters - Episode 15 Rating
Perfect 10 42 73.68%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 13 22.81%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 1 1.75%
7 out of 10 : Good 0 0%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.75%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2014-01-20, 15:36   Link #41
quagmire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitestorm View Post
Considering Reiji did fine against Yuuki (even though they lost, his Gunpla was wrecked as well), the skill gap (if there is any) between Yuuki/Aila/Nils/Mao/Fellini/Reiji is probably rather miniscule.
Maybe, but it hasn't been shown they can defeat any of the skilled fighters. All of their wins have been against no names or over coming some kind of interference( Lacus wannabe sabotaging the Build Strike, the Giant Zaku, etc). But throw them in a fair 1 vs 1 battle against another skilled fighter? They either lost or fought to a draw.
quagmire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-20, 15:41   Link #42
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningZERO View Post
That was an epic fight. No gimmicks, just very brutal, tear each other up fight. Almost on par with the Yuki fight.

Although it sorta bugged me that the Absorb Shield can't absorb beam saber attack but has no problem with huge mega beam attack. I guess it won't work on concentrated beam attack? And the fight would have ended sooner if cockpit stab is deemed a killing blow. I think the same thing happened back in Yuki fight too. I guess without a pilot a fatal cockpit stab is nothing.

LOL at Felini failing to recognize Mihoshi

AGE FX-colored Providence. I guess we have our Age MS afterall
There are many gundams with that color scheme, and its the legend btw

As for the beam absorbing abilities, it makes sense actually

The beam have to fire directly at the topside shield for it to be absorbed, however if the beam or saber comes from the side of the shield, then it will destroy or cut it like any other

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Images
That feel when my very first Gunpla was the 1/144 Wing Gundam
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
IKR?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe Connection View Post
I wonder if Reiji's going to build a new mech or is he going to simply repair Star Build Strike.
He has to repair it, there is really no time to go all out of the way to think of a brand new gundam and build it

Right now its better repair it, while making changes to shore up its obvious weaknesses, which everyone seems to know now
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-20, 17:28   Link #43
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
That was a pretty damn awesome episode. The only thing missing was the weekly ReijixAila moment . Though she did stop to watch his match which I guess is close enough.

The fight itself was great. I was wondering how Fellini was going to deal with the SBS. It just seemed to have a huge advantage tech wise over his unit. Good use of tactics though to quickly remove that threat and just turn it into a great showdown.

Just respected Fellini in this one. Fought his hardest out there and both sides earned that draw. Also pretty touching to see how he's come all this way with that one Gunpla. Making adjustments and personal changes along the way. The unit really reflects what he's been through. May not have a ton of crazy tricks, but it's solid and his skill makes it a real threat.

Good smiles as well with the Fellini and Mihoshi scene. Hilarious how he hit on her before he realized who she was and the reaction that created .
Old 2014-01-20, 18:13   Link #44
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by quagmire View Post
It's good, but I don't think it has topped Seed( not including Destiny) and 00. But, it certainly is better than AGE.
Seed is from 2002-2003, so it wasn't included in my comment. I didn't count Unicorn either since it's an OVA.

I already like GBF better than 00 myself, which I thought was merely good. I never really got into it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
Easy there's no restrictions they can do whatever they want. There's none of that "We shouldn't fight" crap and such and "we should understand each other"

They can axe off main gundams because they don't have to worry about the pilots dying
The setting does allow a lot of freedom, but the show wouldn't be half as good if the fights weren't so amazingly choreographed and well animated. The staff is doing a terrific job.
Old 2014-01-20, 19:03   Link #45
Galaxian

The animation for the fights is very clean and dynamic, instead of the hurried mess other action anime devolve into.

The writing is not only funny, but also very self-aware. We had a great example of it in this episode with the face Sei made when Ral mentioned the Gunpla mafia, Sei was as taken back that such thing existed in that word as we, the audience, were and I personally find that great. It allows the show to go deep into comedy when it once to without making us feels like is talking down to us.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-20, 19:35   Link #46
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

The feels. Oh got the feels. T___T

IMO this is probably the best episode ever. So far.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-20, 20:36   Link #47
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningZERO View Post
Although it sorta bugged me that the Absorb Shield can't absorb beam saber attack but has no problem with huge mega beam attack.
It wasn't really clear, but I think it's the same way Yuuki destroyed Build Strike's shield in his Zaku, by slicing it at the side.

Aila is probably using transparent funnels.
Old 2014-01-20, 20:38   Link #48
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Man, how did a show about Gunpla targeted at kids end up being so much better than any Gundam show in the past ten years?
simple reason is that they can destroy it as much as they want without intervening with the plot.

so less plot armor and such
RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-20, 20:58   Link #49
Nvis
Where are the good animes

So with Legend, we may see Strike Freedom, Infinite Justice, and Destiny?

I forgot the name of that boss MS in Victory with the two rings and flying saucer that was Mao's opponent.

Seeing Fenice using the beam cape wrapped around arm like a weapon, I can't wait to see PPSE's Master Gundam using the beam cloth and Hyper Mode(?).
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-20, 21:22   Link #50
Galaxian

Old 2014-01-20, 22:03   Link #51
Swordstriker21
Oshite mairu!!!

Who wants a BROFIST right about now? Put em up peeps! AAAAAAARRRRGGGGHHH!!!
Old 2014-01-20, 23:06   Link #52
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Wow, they just went all out with that one. Felini is no pushover, even with his Wing Finice being inferior spec-wise & having no secret weapons/systems, he fought them to a standstill.

This was definitely one of the more memorable episodes of GBF. There was no silly comedic scenes this episode, it was strictly plot focused & kept the serious tone throughout.

We also got some more subtle shipping from Aila, I like how the romance is being developed in this one, it has a steady buildup & with each passing episode, the intimacy/intensity of their shipping hints become progressively more noteworthy.

Reiji is a Prince from wherever he's from. I kinda suspected some like that would be the case. At least they know now that they're being targeted, so when the bullshit begins again, Reiji's gonna step up again...lol

That little monologue Felini gave about Wing Finice being his partner was touching. It really gave the gunpla some life as a characteristic rather than it just being a toy that you fight with.

Btw, Gunpla mafia...Really? -_-

I was very satisfied with this episode. It was truly entertaining. Perfect 10.
MK-95- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-20, 23:40   Link #53
BoyTitan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Actually it's the Geara Doga, but with the Jagd Doga's shoulders and funnels:

Why would he do that wouldn't Jagd be better...

Now hopefully he upgrades to a wing fenice zero to get rid of the beam gun fire limit. Actually fenice is better than you guys give it credit for he has a beam shield cape which is super useful, Very high mobility arfter several tunes he has a booster and the two wing boosters, A good beam saber, Machine cannons, A concealed beam gun, And the beam cannon but the beam cannon has a ammo weakness going to wing zero would get rid of this but would also fodderize the xgundam mao because now it would be better to it in every way so i can see why they chose Wing instead of zero.

Honestly mao seems the most useless the series needs to make it seem better or else it is just there for fanservice cool it can insta fire its beam cannon not a big deal when you remember double x,Wing Zero have stronger beam cannons,Better specs etc and would be better suited for him. Also it has the one time beam weapon fire block or what ever it used against asp 3 but again 1 time trick. I am a gundam x fan some what so I do not like the fact that every suit seems heavily buffed when compared to it's original while Mao is just meeh. The modified Tallgeese seemed more powerful than Mao and that thing was rofl stomped.

Last edited by BoyTitan; 2014-01-20 at 23:56.
BoyTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-21, 00:13   Link #54
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

There is no two Sun on the same sky, jus as there can't be two "true" representative of Japan. Think! This is like "Overshadowed makes you stronger". I'm sure that when the time come, Mao and Reiji battle is going to be more than estatic.

Or, Mao would be just another punching bag for Meiji or that Samurai kid. Weird! He and Luang are doing surprising good for late-introduction characters. Second-tiers important?
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-21, 00:13   Link #55
Yye1
Wide Right

Wow, if they made the Wing Gundam and Strike so tricked out, what will happen if they put in Wing Zero, Strike Freedom or Destiny gundams?

"Me and my girlfreinds are goin to go see Sex and the City." We're like: "Great! Now i dont have to take you to see that shit!"
-The Great Philosopher Chris Rock
Yye1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-21, 00:14   Link #56
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Also, have we seen national pride? I imagine the whole Italia cheer up Feliny despite he lost.
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-21, 00:57   Link #57
Somnus
Eh?

Again, this show is fantastic. I'd like to +1 every positive comment so far in this thread, as I agree wholeheartedly.

Who knew a Gundam show about toys would be the most enjoyable Gundam show I've ever had the pleasure of experiencing? This episode had me engrossed in it, and somehow this is the only show I wait impatiently for on a weekly basis.

How is it so enjoyable? Because they're handling it properly. The plot, the characters, the writing, the fights, the pacing, etc. major kudos to the staff, for sure.
Old 2014-01-21, 01:18   Link #58
Galaxian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yye1 View Post
Wow, if they made the Wing Gundam and Strike so tricked out, what will happen if they put in Wing Zero, Strike Freedom or Destiny gundams?
You've seen the opening, right? Think the final collision between Kampfer Amazing and Star Build Strike, it'll be like that but all battle long and it will be glorious.
Old 2014-01-21, 01:19   Link #59
magnumcyclonex
Cyclone Magnum

I haven't watched too many Gundam shows, only the more recent ones, but after watching Seed, Seed Destiny, and AGE, it made me think that those long 50 episode series bring about a different emotional response than GBF does.

GBF is all (almost 100%) about the modeling/hobby aspect of the franchise. So far, there isn't any/much life/death, one race is superior/inferior than the other, morality or similar undertone in this anime. We can appreciate the various Gundams we've seen from seasons past in one collected show (or 30 minute ad for Bandai) each week. I would go so far as to put this anime in the "sports" category because of the rivalries and competition aspect introduced in it.

I've built model cars (Tamiya Mini 4WDs), and tested, refined, and modified them for racing on elaborate circuits before. Then more recently, I got into card games, specifically Yu-Gi-Oh! which required a solid understanding of game mechanics, the entire card pool, and quick thinking when facing unexpected decks/strategies. Anyone who plays a CCG competitively or engages in a competitive hobby knows that building is half the fun. GBF has demonstrated that so far (by having Sei and Reiji specialize their skill sets) and it's doing it well by including diversity in its international cast, and painting a picture of who most of them really are in a human (evolutionary) way. 10/10!
magnumcyclonex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-21, 01:23   Link #60
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoyTitan View Post
Why would he do that wouldn't Jagd be better...

Now hopefully he upgrades to a wing fenice zero to get rid of the beam gun fire limit. Actually fenice is better than you guys give it credit for he has a beam shield cape which is super useful, Very high mobility arfter several tunes he has a booster and the two wing boosters, A good beam saber, Machine cannons, A concealed beam gun, And the beam cannon but the beam cannon has a ammo weakness going to wing zero would get rid of this but would also fodderize the xgundam mao because now it would be better to it in every way so i can see why they chose Wing instead of zero.

Honestly mao seems the most useless the series needs to make it seem better or else it is just there for fanservice cool it can insta fire its beam cannon not a big deal when you remember double x,Wing Zero have stronger beam cannons,Better specs etc and would be better suited for him. Also it has the one time beam weapon fire block or what ever it used against asp 3 but again 1 time trick. I am a gundam x fan some what so I do not like the fact that every suit seems heavily buffed when compared to it's original while Mao is just meeh. The modified Tallgeese seemed more powerful than Mao and that thing was rofl stomped.
The Jagd and Geara are actually mostly the same unit, the primary difference is that the Jagd got a cosmetic upgrade, as well as psycommu tech + funnels for their cyber newtype pilots (as well as pilot preference colors and weapons)

And Fellini is NOT going to upgrade (the whole episode itself proved this, he just kept fixing the Fenice and using it nomatter what happened, and at the end he was repairing it again), I don't know why people keep going on about the characters having to upgrade. Those characters picked those suits because they PERSONALLY liked them, and they continue to use and modify them. Same goes for Mao, he likes the Gundam X.

Also in this series suit specs from the original shows don't really matter for balancing reasons, EVERYTHING is determined by the kit build and piloting skills. For example the Mao being able to fire its Satellite Cannon IS a big deal, as it overcomes a huge limitation of the units using the Satellite Cannon. We also have zero idea of what else the kit can do due to it being able to use the Satellite Cannon in this manner, as so far, the Cannon has been MORE than enough to deal with the main threats it has used it on

The Tallgeese Valkyrie is also WEAKER as a matter of fact, the pilot had ZERO plavsky particle manipulation experience, and his kit was a plain kitbash kit, with some minor mods (primarily articulation) and a paintjob

The weakest of the Top 16 we have seen so far is definitely Sei and Reiji, while their kit is strong, Reiji do not posses the same amount of experience of some of the other pilots, while the SBS have some glaringly obvious weaknesses
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote