AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2004-12-13, 01:00   Link #1
shizukana arashi
shinsengumi samurai

One game to rule them all

I would like to ask to ask to everuone, what is the best game you ever played, or the way i like to say it : what is your ''one game to rule them all''?

I would like to know it for each machine : PC, PS2, Xbox, Gamecube (PS, nintendo, nintendo 64 and etc are optional, but if you really want to talk about a game that affected you, go ahead)

And also, i would like if possible, to categories the games, like, this game for best graphics, for best story or plot, for best playability, for best fun, or etc....

now, for my opinion, my ''one game to rule them all'' is Zone of the Enders : the 2nd runner on PS2. I really like that game for it's awesome graphics and action.

PS2: for PS2's best graphics i would say: Zone of the Enders and Final Fantasy X and maybe FFX-2. for best story: i would say Xenosaga and Metal Gear Solid 2:sons of liberty (both games are more movies them games sadly). I have to admit that the battle system of Star Ocean: till the End of Time really impressed me.

Xbox: best graphics i would say: Dead or Alive 3 and Dead or Alive Xtreme beach volleyball (now that's one game to rule over any perverts game lol) but i would say that game also goes in my categorie of best playability game (which is perfect to invite friends to play that game cuz anyone can be good at it in no time)

For SNES it is DEFENITLY: Chrono Trigger. on Snes, nothing beats that game.

well, ... sorry folks for the other machines, but i don't know enough about them. Guess you'll have to fill in the blank

N.B: i personally only have a PS2, so i really don't know much about the other console's games, but i'm still looking forward to know your opinions on other console's games (like this, i might be able to play the suggested games to my friends house )

waiting for your suggestions
shizukana arashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-13, 01:53   Link #2
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Just for the heck of it:

The PC version of "Kanon." When I first played it back in 1998, it sent chills down my spine as I burst out in tears.

Needless to say that I conspicuously consumed much "Kanon" materials and doujinshis that year.

True story.
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-13, 02:03   Link #3
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

It doesn't matter the platform, but Harvest Moon is the one game to rule over all others.

While they are certainly games with better plots (see kj1980's post ^^; ) and graphics (just about anything), nothing compares to the simplicity of the game and the fun of throwing your dog at the mail man. ^^; There is no real age limit to the game, anyone can play it and only takes a couple minutes to figure it all out. Plant a crop, water it, be on the vigil for weeds and reap what you sow. ^^
Mr_Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-13, 02:05   Link #4
DingoEnderZOE2

Send a message via AIM to DingoEnderZOE2
There's tons of games that I think are great but I don't feel like naming all of them. But there is one game that comes to mind that I believe deserves to be mentioned. And that is ZONE OF THE ENDERS THE 2ND RUNNER!! That game was the perfect example of a fun as hell kick ass high speed mech game. Hell I'd even say that its the best Mech Action game on the system. I'm sure everyone who played it will agree.
DingoEnderZOE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-13, 02:23   Link #5
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Paper
It doesn't matter the platform, but Harvest Moon is the one game to rule over all others.
I'd say platform does matter for harvest moon. I loved the n64, psx, and gameboy color versions, but the ps2 and gamecube versions were only ok at best in my opinion. I haven't played any other versions, so I can't comment on them.
Anyway, the best video game ever, Star Ocean 2 for psx. Why? Well you can rob people's houses in just about any rpg, but how many can you actually pick the pockets of your party members and forge checks? Oh and the storyline and gameplay are ok too, I guess.
Old 2004-12-13, 05:21   Link #6
Gevurah
What you say?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DingoEnderZOE2
There's tons of games that I think are great but I don't feel like naming all of them. But there is one game that comes to mind that I believe deserves to be mentioned. And that is ZONE OF THE ENDERS THE 2ND RUNNER!! That game was the perfect example of a fun as hell kick ass high speed mech game. Hell I'd even say that its the best Mech Action game on the system. I'm sure everyone who played it will agree.
Yes, the Second Runner seriously owns all (that is action mecha, or rather action in general). Pretty much everything about that game worked, from the controls, the story, everything. The music really made the game as well. Playing against Vic Viper with the remixed Gradius Boss theme music in the background brought back memories to the old NES Gradius days. It even had options following him!

Anyways, I believe Smash Bros Melee is just pure pwnage. I don't know how many times I can pick that game up with friends (even those who haven't played the game at all) and have pure, unadulterated fun.

"I appear to be a plushie, but my heart is that of a wolf." - Kon
Gevurah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-13, 05:56   Link #7
RedEyes
Beware of the Red

Send a message via ICQ to RedEyes Send a message via MSN to RedEyes
Pong!
The old old old classic PONG!
The funny thing is my friends and I still play it with our graphing calc. in university while the prof lectures. That game never bores me!

Yah we're pretty sad individuals....
RedEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-13, 06:36   Link #8
Ending

Pong is not sad; it's the game that gave birth to Mario, Sonic, Chrono, Samus, Nights, and every other even-a-tad-famous videogame character.

The PC games are ruled by Baldur's Gate 2, which simply is such a neat RPG that no other can come even close. On older consoles it has to be Chrono Trigger, another well done RPG. On new consoles... well, that's a difficult one as I prefer RPGs over all else and there hasn't been very many of them lately -ones that can meet the standards set by the aforementioned games.
Ending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-13, 06:46   Link #9
The Perfection

Best game of all time would be Final Fantasy X for the Playstation 2.
The Perfection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-13, 08:20   Link #10
Necrodeath

PC - Fallout 1 (Fallout 2 is good too, but just not as good as 1.) IMO, still the best RPG around.
Gamecube - As Gevurah said, Super Smash Brothers Melee is the best. It stays fun no matter how many times you've played it.
N64 - GoldenEye/Perfect Dark, both are equally good, and they're the best games for the N64. (*Remembers the good old days of throwing laptop guns to the walls*, ok, so I like Perfect Dark more )
PS1 - Tony Hawk's Pro Skater, first Tony Hawk game, and even though the new games add more stuff, the feeling of the old Tony Hawk games is never achieved again IMO.
Necrodeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-13, 09:01   Link #11
Archuka
A territory most absolute

My best gaming experience ever has to be when I first played FFVII.
It was just so magical that even today just hearing music from the game sends chills down my spine. I had never played a game with such an amazing story and gameplay before, so it completely blew me away.

I still remember how I felt when I finally beat it. First I felt great joy, but then I realized there was no more of it and I started to feel empty, like I had suddenly lost a part of my body.
Archuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-13, 09:46   Link #12
maohayato
Evil God

I nominate Artificial Girl 2 as the game that rules them all.
maohayato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-13, 10:32   Link #13
Gevurah
What you say?!?!

I guess I can list now. I was just ranting on how great ZOE2 was.

PC - Half Life (still haven't played 2 yet so I really can't compare), hands down, the best FPS ever. It just feels so non-linear.
SNES - This one is hard... Chrono Trigger, Super Metroid, Mario Kart, Yoshi's Story, FF6 (I love all! Too many memories)
GC - Smash Bros Melee, too much fun for everyone. And due to the fact that you can kick Pikachu's ass with Samus
PS2 - ZOE2 (I don't think I've ever forced myself to play at that level. So fast and exciting!)
N64 - Sin and Punishment, the best shooter ever. And Mario 64, go triple jump!
PS1 - FFT, best PS RPG.
GB - Tetris. One can play that game for days...

OH... speaking of tetris... I take everything I said back... the game that seriously pwns all is TETRIS ATTACK!!!

I need to get that game again.

"I appear to be a plushie, but my heart is that of a wolf." - Kon
Gevurah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-13, 11:02   Link #14
Cruzz
Europeon

PC - Planescape: Torment. Best CRPG ever made in my opinion.
Cruzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-13, 12:35   Link #15
domino
デレデレ

Genso Suikoden II ^_^ My favorite RPG. No matter how many times I play it, I still want to play it again. Even after about 6 years of loving it, my strong love for it hasn't faded, and I still find myself drawing Suikoden II fanart, looking for fansites, buying Suikoden II merchandise, etc ^_^
domino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-13, 14:31   Link #16
kenshin77

Quote:
Originally Posted by domino
Genso Suikoden II ^_^ My favorite RPG. No matter how many times I play it, I still want to play it again. Even after about 6 years of loving it, my strong love for it hasn't faded, and I still find myself drawing Suikoden II fanart, looking for fansites, buying Suikoden II merchandise, etc ^_^

I agree by far Suikoden II is the best game that ever game out of the Playstation, and the I think has a great story. It is one game that rules over all.
kenshin77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-13, 14:48   Link #17
DekaMaster
Banned

Grandiat and Skies of Arcadia. Both these games are amazing. They have wonderful stories and characters. I am currently playing Growlanser 2 and it is ranking pretty high as well.
DekaMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-13, 15:12   Link #18
bakamon

On PC the best game I've played is Knights Of The Old Republic. Couldn't stop playing until I had finished with both light and dark side (and no, I'm not a Star Wars fanboy ). It was pretty hard to decide because Planescape: Torment and the Thief games are also really good.

On PS2 I'd have to go with Final Fantasy X. It has some of the best graphics I've seen on PS2. Then again I haven't played a whole lot of console games. Soul Calibur 2 is a pretty good game as well, the thing I like most about it is that you can use the analog stick. Best beat 'em up IMO.
bakamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-13, 15:38   Link #19
shizukana arashi
shinsengumi samurai

WOHOHOHO !!!!

Now that's a lot of suggestions. mmm, indeed all those games bring backs memories.

I have to say that the games that really influenced me and changed my life, in chronological order, would be:

- tetris: yay, it was my first introduction to games

- super mario: ok, now it gets 1 lvl higher in the gaming world.

- chrono trigger: lol, actually this was my first rpg game i payed (man, i really started well, on the rpg way )

- Zelda : the ocarina of time : yay, my first 3D game, i liked the story since i also liked the one on SNES, the legend of Zelda: a link to the past.

- Final Fantasy 7: this was my begining of the FF series. Damn that LOVED the story, but also man that i cryed when aeris got killed (i think i got depressed for a week, lol), also it was in that game that I realize that a game isn't a good game without good music. For sure the FF serie served me with good music.

- Final Fantasy X: i'm telling you : ''X marks the spot'', FFX was really one huge outbrake in graphic quality RPG. And also, WOW , characters are actually talking.

- Zone of The Enders: 2nd runner: And finally, my favorite, ZOE 2. You want graphics and action, you have it !!! and true, the music is greatly matching with the fights. It is defenitly the best game ever for me....... for now.
shizukana arashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-16, 09:02   Link #20
Alzamon
Ultima Templar

ps2 is definitely ffX just cause its awesome
GC would be super smash melee
xbox,... i know nothin... fable
PC id say morrowind or diablo II
if you are a FFX fan, then send me a message, maybe we can hook...
Alzamon is offline   Reply With Quote