AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-09-07, 14:38   Link #1
JellyFish

Anime or Manga with girly looking boy main

Yeah, basically, I don't know why, but I like animes or manga's where the main person of the story get's misunderstood as a girl by alot of people. Like Id for example, an Korean manga that is still running.. If you possibly can find any examples matching the manga Id, I would appreciate it alot.

http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=2824

Please do post if you have anything.

And I am also looking for animes or mangas with a main character as a boy, and he is for example, extremtly pretty or something like that. Like the main person in The Wallflower / Yamato no Nadeshiko, but it would be best if the main character is the boy, and not the girl. ^_^ That's all for now.

Kind Regards, and thanks.
Jelly
Old 2009-09-07, 14:56   Link #2
Jze0
Hmmm...

Hayate no Gotoku! might be what your looking for. The main character from time to time is tolded how girly he looks and sometimes he even gets dressed up like one by the others character. Other than that and Id I don't know too many series with your description.

Maybe you can also try Aki-Sora but that might be border hentai for you.
Old 2009-09-07, 15:04   Link #3
JellyFish

Many thanks for your suggestions, but I must pass on Hayate no Gotoku, as he is almost never girly looking, unless forcibly dressed up. About Aki-Sora, hentai isn't really my style, so i'll pass at that too. But many thanks, and hugs for your suggestions. :3
Old 2009-09-07, 15:46   Link #4
Rawgers
Nyaa~

I'm pretty sure there was a thread extremely similar to this a couple weeks ago.

I'll suggest Turn A Gundam, as the male lead looks girly.
Old 2009-09-07, 16:02   Link #5
qwertyuiopz

kanmuri from yakitate japan

i thought he was a girl at first with the pink hair and girly voice lol...who wouldnt
Old 2009-09-07, 17:45   Link #6
deathreape98
Clannad Preacher

Element Hunters had me wondering a bit who was male and who was female...
Old 2009-09-07, 20:24   Link #7
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Yoshinaga-san'chi no Gargoyle fits the bill, and it's very underrated too. In fact, there's one ep where they even... No, never mind - just watch it.
Old 2009-09-08, 00:35   Link #8
npcomplete

Maybe Princess Princess ? Although it is intentional in that case..
there's also Otome wa Boku ni Koishiteru (Otoboku) which is about misunderstanding but not sure if you want the pseudo-yuri theme

Oh yes, then there's Jun in Happiness which I think qualifies for what you're looking for
(unfortunately CR does not have OVA, which focuses on Jun)
Old 2009-09-08, 01:15   Link #9
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
How about Needless that is airing now?
Old 2009-09-08, 01:17   Link #10
jedinat

1/2 Prince - well, the protagonist is a girl, but the manga mostly takes place in an MMORPG, where she is a girly/pretty-looking boy, and all the girls are crazy about her... probably not exactly what you're looking for, but I think you'll like it if you like Id
Hourou Musuko - might be too extreme an interpretation of your request... since the boy is something of a transexual
Old 2009-09-08, 02:27   Link #11
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

You're asking for something that is quite common in anime/manga... Just randomly downloading something and you'd more than likely find what you're looking for

If anything look for anything under the shoujo category, or anything made from Clamp.
Old 2009-09-08, 03:26   Link #12
jedinat

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
You're asking for something that is quite common in anime/manga... Just randomly downloading something and you'd more than likely find what you're looking for

If anything look for anything under the shoujo category, or anything made from Clamp.
I'm going to have to disagree with that. A boy being actually mistaken for a girl is really not so common... and anything by Clamp? Why? None of the dozen or so Clamp series that come to mind feature a male protagonist who looks like a girl (or even major secondary characters...).
Old 2009-09-08, 05:54   Link #13
GreatTeacherKen

Otome Wa boku ni Koishiteru and I My Me Strawberry Eggs both involve the male leads spending most of their screen time in very convincing drag. I think the male lead in the former is prettier than most of the actual females.
Old 2009-09-08, 11:14   Link #14
Kleo Scanti
Urd Fangirl

Quote:
None of the dozen or so Clamp series that come to mind feature a male protagonist who looks like a girl (or even major secondary characters...).
One word - Wish. (Well, technically angels have no gender, and in the published translated version they were made into females, but in the original Japanese version they are guys.)
Closed Thread