AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2004-02-21, 22:01   Link #1
davFunereal
Village watchman.

Studio 4C Comedy

There's a torrent running right now for Studio 4C Comedy, a one-shot short film by Studio 4C. That is the studio associated with the Matrix anime shorts.

Thanks, wizzu. It's good.
davFunereal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-21, 22:25   Link #2
Kempis Curious
:love::love::love:

Location: Loving a peaceful life in San Clemente, California.
Quote:
Originally Posted by davFunereal
There's a torrent running right now for Studio 4C Comedy, a one-shot short film by Studio 4C. That is the studio associated with the Matrix anime shorts.

Thanks, wizzu. It's good.
Yeah, that was an interesting little spooky tale.
Had all the elements of a traditional european ghost story.

-k
Kempis Curious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-22, 01:23   Link #3
karrde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kempis Curious
Yeah, that was an interesting little spooky tale.
Had all the elements of a traditional european ghost story.

-k
I'm glad someone understood it... because all I had to say after it was over was ... What the FUUUUCK!!!
karrde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-22, 03:36   Link #4
ShadowLady
Darkness Prevails

Send a message via ICQ to ShadowLady Send a message via MSN to ShadowLady
Quote:
Originally Posted by karrde
I'm glad someone understood it... because all I had to say after it was over was ... What the FUUUUCK!!!
Ohh! that's sounds interesting! *downloads*
ShadowLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-22, 04:12   Link #5
Lunchboxx

Send a message via AIM to Lunchboxx Send a message via MSN to Lunchboxx Send a message via Yahoo to Lunchboxx
i downloaded this not knowing really what it was at all....Then i watched it and i really didn't know what it was...really liked the animation though
Lunchboxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-22, 04:16   Link #6
trowachess
Captain Chess

I was surprised by the video. I was totally fooled by the title Comedy. Great animation, though the story took me a second viewing to understand.
trowachess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-22, 04:55   Link #7
anime_layer
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via ICQ to anime_layer
After I downloaded it I remembered having seen it quite some time ago with french subtitles. Studio 4C has made more short episodes like this one and I hope wizzu will sub them too. ^^

You don't always have to fully understand what's going on. Some more experimental Animes/Movies require you to cling off from the details and let yourself go with the mood. If you can't, I suggest you do some yoga and listen to some freejazz.
Old 2004-02-22, 14:35   Link #8
Remington

Thumbs up

Just finished watching it, and somehow understood the story ^^". Rearly a great shortmovie, with a cool and fresh drawing style and a great soundtrack, taken from various european operas. I was very suprised when suddenly Johann Wolfgang Goethes "Erlkönig" started to play, but it did fit great with the fighting scene. hope they'll sup more of this kind ^^.
Remington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-23, 14:51   Link #9
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

I finished watching it, really like it, however I'm not really sure if I have fully understood the story or not... I thought I understood it, but now coming here it seems there's something more to the story?
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-12, 13:32   Link #10
Za Paper

Just saw this and I thought it was a gem. Of course having Ave Maria as background music didnt hurt. Does anyone know if this was based on a real story or legend? I dont undertand why people didnt understand the story. It seemed pretty straightforward to me.
Za Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-12, 14:25   Link #11
Gaara2
LegendofMir

Send a message via MSN to Gaara2
its a gr8 short movie. i want too see more movies like this!! is there any more torrent?
or where i can get it from

thanks`
Gaara2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-13, 22:23   Link #12
jennwenn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaara2
its a gr8 short movie. i want too see more movies like this!! is there any more torrent?
or where i can get it from

thanks`
Well these aren't torrents, but here's a site Catsuka with direct download links to some other shorts by Studio 4C and Koji Morimoto work. (He didn't direct Comedy, but he did the "Beyond" segment of the Animatrix and is one of their most prominent directors.) The site's in French, but easy to navigate. Just click "save as" on the pics.

Since its direct download, the files are super small zips of realmedia files. Small, but they're better than nothing and they're so rare its worth it. (But wouldn't it be great if they were fansubbed high quality? I vote for Wizzu 'cause they have style!)

Another great site (also in French) for Morimoto/Studio 4C is http://www.kojimorimoto.net/.

I also like these artistic anime shorts a lot:
Yamamura's "Atama-yama" (Mount Head)
Yoshitaka Amano's 1001 Nights
Osamu Tezuka's experimental anime shorts (there was a thread about this a while ago?)

BTW, Studio 4C are coming out with their first TV series in April, Mahou Shoujo Tai Arisu. (I think means "Magical Girl Team Alice"?) The name sounds dumb, but I saw some pics of it in the last Animage and it looked awesome! It looks like other Studio 4C stuff and very surreal Alice-in-Wonderland fantasy-ish. It doesn't look like any anime I've ever seen before. I can't wait!
jennwenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-14, 00:52   Link #13
sothis

Quote:
atama yama was great! i highly suggest cat soup as well, though it is a bit more well known.
sothis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-14, 05:19   Link #14
a7m4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennwenn
I also like these artistic anime shorts a lot:
Yoshitaka Amano's 1001 Nights
Osamu Tezuka's experimental anime shorts (there was a thread about this a while ago?)
Yep, I made the thread about the Tezuka's experimental animation. I just ordered the DVD a few days ago, and incidentally I ordered Amano's 1001 Nights along with it.

I have been looking into out Koji Yamamura's works and you have gotten me very interested. I am tempted to order this when I place my next order at CDJapan. I also found his official english site, which has a lot of interesting info.

After watching the trailer for Mahou Shoujo Tai Arisu on Catsuka, it has gotten me very interested as well. It looks very surreal and maybe even a bit disturbing. Definitely a different and creative take on the mahou shoujo genre.

Also, didn't someone sub Noiseman Sound Insect, or is there just a rip of the R2 DVD going around?
a7m4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-14, 16:32   Link #15
jennwenn

Quote:
Originally Posted by a7m4
I have been looking into out Koji Yamamura's works and you have gotten me very interested. I am tempted to order this when I place my next order at CDJapan.
I'm looking to buy that one too. Atama-yama alone is worth it, but I'm curious to see his other work. Also, you might be interested in the Studio 4C Collection: Digital Juice+Uraroji Diamond DVD. (Another one I'm saving up for.)

Quote:
I also found his official english site, which has a lot of interesting info.
Great site, and in English too! Thanks!

Quote:
Also, didn't someone sub Noiseman Sound Insect, or is there just a rip of the R2 DVD going around?
There used to be a torrent to Noiseman Sound Insect here at Animesuki, but I can't remember if it was taken down because the site hosting it took it down or because it was a DVD rip...
jennwenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-14, 17:23   Link #16
sothis

<---has it, subbed. you can find it on emule very easily
sothis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-26, 04:02   Link #17
crisk

More info

I got Digital Juice and Uraroji Diamond DVDs in the initial pressing (before they were re-issued). There are some very interesting shorts in Digital Juice, none of them even close to your traditional anime. Also, Uraroji Diamond is a very interactive DVD which takes you inside a Studio-4C-style town with all the weirdness inside, while you scour for episodes (very short, black and white, weird episodes). Great stuff if you know Japanese and like surreal experiences.

About NOISEMAN, it was initially available only with the purchase of a certain Pioneer DVD player in Japan. Years ago I got a raw for that, but held back on subbing it until it would be reissued. Anime-Rakuen -did- sub that same lower-quality raw though, and this is the torrent you may find on the internet today.

NOISEMAN -was- finally re-issued several months ago, to be sold ONLY inside Lawson's, a Japanese supermarket chain. The prices were ridiculously high but there were several online sites that offered to go to Lawson's and buy it for you. As far as I know no DVD containing NOISEMAN has ever had English subtitles.

I suspect my favourite Morimoto work is still the video for Ken Ishii's "EXTRA". Being a techno addict and a Ken Ishii fan, I obviously like the music very much -- but the video itself is superb. I highly recommend it - if you can, try to get a hold of a copy (I think Catsuka's site has a scaled-down version online).

-- crisk
crisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-26, 19:47   Link #18
dadude
Miyuki no Tamari

Send a message via ICQ to dadude Send a message via AIM to dadude Send a message via MSN to dadude
I'd like to say that Crisk provided the raws for Comedy
dadude is offline   Reply With Quote