AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-04-24, 00:52   Link #81
tenkenX6
Undead Fansub TL/TLC
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
It does indeed feel like an anime from a previous decade and that might be why it is so under-valued.
One of those "diamond in the rough" series, IMHO. We see at least a few of these kind of series each year.
tenkenX6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-24, 05:03   Link #82
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Episode 2 proves that Chiko has real potential. Impending total asskicking, commences!
darkchibi07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-24, 07:52   Link #83
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Does anyone else get the feeling that Twenty Faces will die sometime soon in this series? At first i was thinking that going by the scenes in the ED, what looks like the future of this series --- though it's also scenes like the one's in the second episode.

Also, his death would do so much to Chiko's development. I'm not saying i want it to happen, just that the chance is there, and i wouldn't be to shocked if it did happen.
Old 2008-04-24, 09:56   Link #84
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Does anyone else get the feeling that Twenty Faces will die sometime soon in this series? At first i was thinking that going by the scenes in the ED, what looks like the future of this series --- though it's also scenes like the one's in the second episode.

Also, his death would do so much to Chiko's development. I'm not saying i want it to happen, just that the chance is there, and i wouldn't be to shocked if it did happen.
If that were to happen,it sucks.The interaction between Chiko and Twenty Faces is what attracted me to this show.

That said,i really like Chiko's character.Definitely one of my favourites out of the 15 spring animes i am watching
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-24, 17:23   Link #85
feRfe

lol.. nijuu mensou will not die anytime soon
feRfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-24, 20:07   Link #86
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by feRfe View Post
lol.. nijuu mensou will not die anytime soon
Should never be to certain.
Old 2008-04-24, 22:06   Link #87
feRfe

well, can't argue with ya there this forum doesn't allow me to

i don't see where you get those vibes at all though
feRfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-24, 23:57   Link #88
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

I dont mind if nijuu mensou dies.Actually,i prefer if he dies cause that will definitely add some spice to the show but then i am not entirely sure who is qualified enough to take over the group
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-25, 05:58   Link #89
ctrl-z
Un Nuovo Mondo

The opening animation (20-Faces walking away) and the short bit where 20-Faces asks the woman from the slums,

"Have you ever shuddered at your own blessings and sinfulness? That's what I'm feeling now." (Trans. L-E)

give me the feeling that Boss will undergo a classic "disappears and nobody knows if he's dead or alive" bit, thus allowing for time-skip Chiko.
ctrl-z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-25, 22:06   Link #90
Ichihara Asako
Horoist

I'm really liking Aya's performance in this show. The first episode impressed me, the second episode sold me. Probably the best I've heard from her, though it may just be that the character isn't hyper like many of her recent roles... but I like it.

The show itself continues to impress, too. This is going to be a gem of this already amazing season, I think.
Ichihara Asako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-26, 00:48   Link #91
Neosakai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinatsu-no-miya View Post
I dont mind if nijuu mensou dies.Actually,i prefer if he dies cause that will definitely add some spice to the show but then i am not entirely sure who is qualified enough to take over the group
Chiko would
Neosakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-26, 07:17   Link #92
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Indeed, she's the main character and all and her character will only develop when Twenty Face mysteriously vanish, for what causes, who knows.
Old 2008-04-26, 22:25   Link #93
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Ep3 was really nice! The mission was pretty interesting this time round too. I dunno why people seem to think that she's not developing. Every ep so far has been her developing as a character and as a member of the gang. Ep4's preview looks so great!
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-27, 15:31   Link #94
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Ep3 is another excellent episode. And Hirano Aya is at her best. I've made a blog post on the subject: "OMG, Hirano Aya Actually Is a Great Seiyuu."

I've read ahead in the manga, and there is plenty of material there for them to work with. And they are "working with" it: the anime does not follow the manga exactly -- although from what I see in the OP animation, it seems they will follow its general outlines.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-27, 16:01   Link #95
Ichihara Asako
Horoist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Ep3 is another excellent episode. And Hirano Aya is at her best. I've made a blog post on the subject: "OMG, Hirano Aya Actually Is a Great Seiyuu."
I pretty much agree entirely with everything you said. This show is a breath of fresh air, and it's great to see Aaya in such a role, showing off her true talent.
Ichihara Asako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-27, 23:28   Link #96
duckroll
綺羅星★!

In an interview with Telecom, BONES and FujiTV, the staff of Chiko mentioned that the first half of the series will draw from material in the manga as a base, but the latter half of the series will be totally original anime material. There will be original characters as well as a conclusion. The manga author himself is looking forward to the rest of the series.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-28, 02:05   Link #97
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Ep3 is another excellent episode. And Hirano Aya is at her best. I've made a blog post on the subject: "OMG, Hirano Aya Actually Is a Great Seiyuu."...

That scene was quite something. I think my respect for AH shot up a few notches for her vocal and acting strengths there. I guess that's our first sample of AH's growed-up Chiko voice.

Another hugely enjoyable episode. I'm surprised no-one mentioned...

Spoiler for ep4:
Sonhex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-28, 07:47   Link #98
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
In an interview with Telecom, BONES and FujiTV, the staff of Chiko mentioned that the first half of the series will draw from material in the manga as a base, but the latter half of the series will be totally original anime material. There will be original characters as well as a conclusion. The manga author himself is looking forward to the rest of the series.
Hmm, sounds to me (and going from the OP and ED) that we'll see a huge change in this series. As long as it's handled well, and i believe it shall be --- then i have no worries.
Old 2008-04-28, 19:34   Link #99
Tofusensei

Send a message via AIM to Tofusensei
Guys, just so you know, we've been experiencing delays on this project in the quality check stage. Our current QC staff doesn't seem to be available on Sunday nights/Mondays to do the QC in a timely fashion so it's adding an extra 2 days delay to releases. (Talking about Live-eviL).

If anyone here would want to QC for us, please send me a pm. You must have impeccable English and an eye for detail, of course. Knowledge of Japanese is a plus but not a requirement.

Thanks!

-Tofu
Tofusensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-28, 20:42   Link #100
Seditary
Ooooo what?!

Damn time zones, Sunday nights/Mondays for you is Monday/Tuesday for me, smack bang into my limited working week. (Monday night-Wednesday)

I would have loved to help out on a wonderful series like this too.

I am free Monday daytime, but if I was unable to complete the work in that time I wouldn't be able to finish it for 2 days like your current circumstances and I don't like making offers I can't keep, so best of luck finding people.

Tags
bones, maturation, seinen, shounen